CA18DET eBay Thread...FINAL!!

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
sjbsuperman1425
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
CA18DET

I'm starting this because I know some people ask about "eBay" stuff and whats good and whats not. Im hoping we all could help the mods out and help ourselves by keeping this forum clean by posting your reviews of YOUR experience with eBay Products used on your car, and hopefully some will post links to other threads on this one to reviews already posted. Maybe this will limit the amount of the ebay threads. I'll start.

BoomBop - BoomBop SR20DET O2 housing - Fits T25 and T28 turbo's no problem. Held up good for a year, but started to crack down the side and at the welds. The Circuit Sport unit is a much better option for $20-$30 more.

Just-Intercoolers - CXRacing S14 SR20DET FMIC - Fit pretty good, holds boost. I'd say yes to this one. UPDATE: Still a great unit!
link to eBay intercoolers

Just-Intercoolers - CXRacing CA18DET bottom mount manifold - nice welds, haven't installed yet..but is a quality piece. Yes to this one also. UPDATE: after running this all last year, still no problems, welds are still holding up nicely. ZERO problems as of now.

SS Autochrome - SSAC "Frontpipe". This is actually an SR20 downpipe. I bought without knowing and then sold it to my friend. There is a thread here already about these. Suppose to NOT fit well with catback. I'd say STAY AWAY. link to SSAC CA18 downpipe problems.

link to eBay performance chips

link to eBay turbos

link to eBay manifolds

link to eBay (OBX) cam gears

link to eBay rods

additional link to XTD eBay Clutches

link to eBay catback exhausts (can't believe i missed it..)

link to eBay short shifters (made for this thread, it was interesting lol)

link to eBay Pulley Kits

SSAC Exhaust Manifold

Strut Tower Bar

CXRacing Radiator

Modified by sjbsuperman1425 at 1:10 PM 2/5/2010
Last edited by sjbsuperman1425 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DALAZ_68
Car: 90' 240sx CA18det

CXRacing Radiator dual core

fits perfectly into an s13 chassis and has held up quite well

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Mishimoto Radiator for KA24DE works great

GODSPEED FMIC Kit other than piping worked out and mounted up perfect, i didnt try the piping as i went full custom

IggyEGuana
Car: 1986 200SX S12

Havent had a problem with "XTD" puck clutch kits. Honda kits and Nissan kits. They're the same thing as most other kits on there. Nothin flashy and lots of chatter during break in (like any puck) but they get it done for a good price. Good for a go fast street car. IDK how it would hold up to a lot of HP though. XS Power bottom mount exhaust mani has been good.This designNot sure if header wrap will help keep it from cracking or not.XS Power 3" downpipe turned out to be 2.75" with a 3" exit. Kinda pissed bout that cuz my O2 pipe is 3 inch.The silicone couplers that say "autobahn88" on em seem to be pretty good. Got a 2" to 3" 45 degree coupler. Its constructed well and the transition is perfectly smooth.

Thats all the CA stuff I've bought off eBay that I can think of right now.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

i'd think the heat wrap would make the mani more prone to cracking, since its probably thin, and the heat wrap will trap the heat in by the manifold.

i had the same issue with my downpipe, started 2.75 and went to three, but i didn't think it was to big a deal.

i heard a different story with the XTD ebay clutches from an Integra owner a couple years ago, but he might not have broke the clutch in properly. I'll have to look into that.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

Glowshift Direct Oil Filter Adapter Sandwichhttp://www.glowshiftdirect.com....aspx

you can get them on ebay, but i bought from there website and got it in 2 days. i haven't installed yet, and wont get to until April sometime anyway. it looks and feels stable. is pleasant to look at. comes with 1/8 NPT blockers for holes you dont need. they are actually 1/8 NPT, not something else. they sent the right part lol. Im happy with it as of now. i might take it to the auto parts store and see if our filters screw on it lol. I'd say go for these guys. for $40.79 USPS Priority Shipping (2 days usually), i am very pleased. its a cheaper alternative to the $60-$80 Greddy ones.

progman

i heard a different story with the XTD ebay clutches from an Integra owner a couple years ago, but he might not have broke the clutch in properly. I'll have to look into that.
Hearsay! did you read the first post?

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

progman wrote:
Hearsay! did you read the first post?
I did. I'm trying to give people as many reviews as possible, hence why I said I would "look into it". I added another link to the OP on XTD Clutches. Please keep these kind of posts off. I would like this to be a very clean thread if possible. Thanks.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

does anybody have any info on short shifters? I think my friend has one in his S14 thats is really nice, and i just can't stand the throw of the stock one..

HighwayStar22
Car: 2002 RSX Type-S, 1991 240 Hatch

The only shifter I have rocked is a B&M. I used the other C's tye short shifter and it's rubbish. B&M's have come down in price. Seriously the best I've ever had.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

anybody have any info on the eBay a/c, p/s, and alt pulley kits?

DALAZ_68
Car: 90' 240sx CA18det

sjbsuperman1425 wrote:anybody have any info on the eBay a/c, p/s, and alt pulley kits?
yeah...

DONT DO IT

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

a fandanza short shifter is is like 68 bucks last time I checked. Fandanza makes super trans products, I would think their short shifter would be decent.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

DALAZ_68 wrote:yeah...

DONT DO IT
mind sharing your experience with us..?

slideordie85
Car: 240sx

I am running a XTD Stage 2 in my car and its slipping like ***. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

What: CXRacing 3" Catback ExhaustPrice: $123.00 shipped.Overal Rating: 4.5 out of 5

well today i received my CXRacing catback exhaust, and I am VERY pleased with my purchase. The welds are clean and look very strong. The quality of steel seems very nice when compared to my downpipe and O2 housing. The only problems I have with it is for some of the hangers, there are bolts welded to them?? yea it seems a bit odd, but if it works, im fine with it i guess. Shipping was fast. Purchased the 18th and it went out the next day. The box had a few minor imperfections and the muffler tip has a little dent in it, but those could've been caused by Fedex. The packaging was an A- for me. Just bubble rapped, no additional protection after that.

I can't say for fitment or sound yet, but from what i can tell, it looks like it'll slide right in there. Its too cold and snowy outside for me to go install so i'll post pics of fitment and sound in April when i get this, and some other goodies installed (it'll be a nice little thread ).

^^^is there a hanger for that, i can't remember??

^^easily fixed with some vice grips

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

heres the another CXRacing review.

What: CA18DET Turbo ManifoldPrice: $139 +shipping (i got for $30 shipped)Overal Rating: 4 out of 5

I bought this awhile back and I should've included it in my first post, but oh well, here it is.

I bought this before the Catback, and was pleased back then as well. Welds were good, seems very sturdy and of good quality. Shipping was fast when I got this too. Its what I would expect, and I think most others would, of an eBay type turbo manifold, but for some reason, I feel that CXRacing is just a very good company to go by, and very easy to trust. I'll let the pictures do the talking. I like this company so much, I plan on buying more from them. A+ people over there.

^^turbo flange

^^exhaust port

s13redmon
Car: immobile s13 hatch

I'm using the cx racing fmic and it works really good, welds are awesome and it doesn't leak or anything, I didn't buy the piping kit, just the intercooler and i'm using steel exhaust pipe for piping. I definately plan on buying more stuff from them, like the exhaust mani and cat-back.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

yet another CXRacing Review

What: 89-93 Skyline Radiator and 14" FanPrice: $210 +shipping (i got for $132 shipped)Overall: 4.75 out of 5

Shipping was once again fast and item(s) were well packaged and protected. There were some fins that were very slightly bent, but nothing that would even come close to affecting the performance, even cosmetics, of the radiator itself.

Welds are very good, comes with supposed 1.1 Bar radiator cap, which im going to test at school to see if it holds that much pressure. The only flaw i saw was the drain plug was a chipped, but looks like it'll hold (wasn't chipped at threads).

The 14" Fan came with all hardware and is VERY slim. Looks like its made out of heavy duty plastic like others. Its a fan, there isn't much too it, but it looks like it'll be working very nice Here are the pics..enjoy!

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

i would like to add a little.

The CXRacing Catback did not line up right with the rest of the exhaust, but the downpipe and test pipe are NOT from CXRacing, so that might be to blame. i do have a picture of the exhaust in the "SJBsuperman1425 Upgrade Thread", but i'll have to take it to a muffler shop to get fixed.

The CXRacing manifold is wonderful. lowered the turbo and moved it closer to the block and everything is good with that. no problems what so ever.

Logan76
Car: Junk

The only Ebay part I had was a Godspeed Intercooler core, it didnt leak and was huge. I stay away from CXracing, but im getting a Mishimoto Radiator for my civic.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

Logan76 wrote:The only Ebay part I had was a Godspeed Intercooler core, it didnt leak and was huge. I stay away from CXracing, but im getting a Mishimoto Radiator for my civic.
did you have a bad experience with CXRacing? care to explain why?

Logan76
Car: Junk

No, but im not putting all Tial, Precision, Full-race etc parts on my car, and then rocking a CX racing whatever lol, For the most part my civic will be all quality parts, or name brand. Call me crazy!

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

Logan76 wrote:No, but im not putting all Tial, Precision, Full-race etc parts on my car, and then rocking a CX racing whatever lol, For the most part my civic will be all quality parts, or name brand. Call me crazy!
well thats reasonable, i figured you didn't like them for a specific reason or something lol.

slideordie85

Anyone have any info on these:

Adj Wastegate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

slideordie85 wrote:Anyone have any info on these:

Adj Wastegate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...A1318
i'd probably stay away from that just because its an important part of everything functioning properly.

slideordie85

Well I went ahead and ordered it. I will post up and let ya know if it works out or not.

zero_gripS13
Car: soon to be 95 s14 hopefully

cxracing,mishimoto,godspeed all the same..

how was the skyline radiator fitment? fit stock brackets un modified? hosed fit propper? more details i got 100$ coupon might get one since id like a radiator for my swap.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

yea its great. i had to trim the hose a bit, but that was mostly because of my intercooler piping. stock brackets worked 100%. it fits perfect. i'd recommend the CXRacing Skyline rad and 14" fan to anybody with a CA or KA.

mbmbmb23

zero_gripS13 wrote:cxracing,mishimoto,godspeed all the same..

how was the skyline radiator fitment? fit stock brackets un modified? hosed fit propper? more details i got 100$ coupon might get one since id like a radiator for my swap.
Looks like the CXRacing Skyline Radiator (R32) is 1.75" thick.....their KA radiator is 2.0" thick. Looks like for $40 more you get .25" more......FYI.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”