Rogue FEB Light

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Curlysf
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in a beautiful blue!

Hi All,

I just got my new Rogue (after a disastrous 3 years with Jeep!) and I just cannot figure out what the flashing FEB (Forward Emergency Braking) light is doing. It seems to only occur when its below 32 degrees out. It prevents the safety shield from turning on and doing what it does best...preventative braking!

I have combed through the manual, searched high and low online and cannot find any information as to why this light and feature will not work in a brand new car!

Anyone else having this problem or know why this is occurring?

Thanks!

WILLDOGS
Car: 2015 Rogue SL Premium

Brand new 2017? Why not just take it to the dealer instead of making yourself nuts with it? It's such a new model and feature that you will not get much help here since you are one of the first with FEB on a rogue. You will resolve this much quicker with a dealer visit. Good luck

sfam1973
Car: Nissan rogue 2017

Clean the front Nissan LOGO that covered with a hard clear plastic cover ,, it happened to me before

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Mine will disable itself if the radar is obstructed with snow or ice. As stated clean around the logo area on the front grill.

Gradofan
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

As I posted in another thread here re: FEB - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - IT DOESN'T WORK AS ADVERTISED BY NISSAN!

We have the 2017.5 SL with all the upgrades (Premium / Platinum) and you are correct - THE FEB SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, OR PRESENTED IN THE MANUALS - which clearly show the vehicle warning you about 4 car lengths ahead of impact, gentle braking 3 car lengths ahead of impact and stopping you about 1/2 car length ahead of impact with the object in front of you.

There is no misunderstanding - it simply doesn't work as advertised and represented by Nissan.

This one is going to lead to some large class action suits!

DTASFAB

Gradofan wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:31 pm
As I posted in another thread here re: FEB - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - IT DOESN'T WORK AS ADVERTISED BY NISSAN!

We have the 2017.5 SL with all the upgrades (Premium / Platinum) and you are correct - THE FEB SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, OR PRESENTED IN THE MANUALS - which clearly show the vehicle warning you about 4 car lengths ahead of impact, gentle braking 3 car lengths ahead of impact and stopping you about 1/2 car length ahead of impact with the object in front of you.

There is no misunderstanding - it simply doesn't work as advertised and represented by Nissan.

This one is going to lead to some large class action suits!
Do you know any good lawyers?

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Stop posting your lie all over the forum. It has already been disproven and really you need to stop whining. If you don’t like the car, TRADE IT OR JUNK IT! This forum has a solid track record of helping others when they have questions and concerns. Go do a real life test of the FEB and let us know what happens. By the way hire a lawyer since you probably get severly sued by many. Go away.

Ken

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

kboo74 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:37 pm
Stop posting your lie all over the forum. It has already been disproven and really you need to stop whining. If you don’t like the car, TRADE IT OR JUNK IT! This forum has a solid track record of helping others when they have questions and concerns. Go do a real life test of the FEB and let us know what happens. By the way hire a lawyer since you probably get severly sued by many. Go away.

Ken
I think that guy who has been posting negative comments all over the forum is a con-artist and wants to humiliate everyone that the system doesn't work. How about giving him a great tip of trading his fully loaded Rogue for a base model Rogue? That'll teach that scammer a lesson, or even better, get an SL trim that doesn't have the darn feature.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

To finally put the FEB lie to rest here it is. I just traded my 2015 Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg for a 2017.5 Murano SL with the Complete Tech Package a week ago today. FEB, FCW, BSW, Predictive Foward Collision Warning all work as advertised and they work great. I know someone is going to say something about the car diffrence but its the same tech in all their vehicles. FEB acted exactly as the manual and videos describe it also the change from camera to radar for BSW has elliminated the false alarms espicially when it rains. I am glad they got rid of Lane Departure in the Murano. That’s my 2 cents. I love my new car and miss my Rogue but that will change with time.

Ken

jwongathon
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum
Vancouver, BC

temperature dropped to 2 degrees celsius today in Vancouver BC and I am getting the malfunction warning even after temperature rose back to 10 degrees celsius this afternoon.

cleaned the plastic plate with a soft cloth and water. still error message popping up.

I am concerned if that is how it is going to be this winter. malfunction warning everytime i start the car???

I think there may be moisture stuck behind the plastic plate. bad design by nissan i presume as the moisture could obstruct the radar signals??

Anyone have any ideas? Will bring into dealership this weekend but I am tired of being back every week as I just recently resolved the lower steering joint sounds coming from the steering wheel (via a replacement of the lower steering ball joint cover btw). Would love to hear any quick tips and tricks to resolve this problem!!

Thank you!

zappi630

I am also having an issue with my FEB system.
I have had three Rogues...2012, 2015 and just upgraded to 2017 with platinum package.
I have had four occasions that my FEB has gone off while driving. Driving down a normal road, nothing in front of me, sensor clean.
Driving 30-35 mph and the brakes just jam on like I put the emergency brake on. NO warning, no beeping nothing. The vehicle brakes and the malfunction light comes on.
VERY Scary!! Luckily this hasn't caused an accident YET.
I have been to Nissan service. The first time they cleaned the sensors the next time they reset the entire system. Codes come up on the computer but the technicians don't know what the codes are so they don't know what to do. It has happened two more times since this service. I have an appt to go back to the dealership tomorrow to have an "expert" look at it.
Now I have a brand new vehicle that I don't even want to drive.
I have also had issues with the FEB light flashing and beeping but that is mostly when the sensor is dirty.
I LOVE my two other Rogues I am hoping they can fix these issues so I can love this one as well.
I see a lot of people having issues online when Is Nissan going to fix this issue and do a recall.
This could cause a very serious accident especially if someone is on the expressway.

Hope12345
Car: 2017 Rogue SL

It happened to us today at about 3 pm sun shining 76 degrees at the same speed 35-40 mph, we were like what was that[indeed it was a little scary]? Oil change due so will make known to dealer.

Timnc34
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Well I have a 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD got it on March 19th with 9 miles on it! I’m having issues with my FEB light on! I’ve been dealing with Nissan consumer affairs and local dealership for about a month now! I have 3 videos of the FEB in action while I was driving on the interstate! Luckily no other vehicles were around when this happened! These are three occasions that this has happened and it was sunny and warm days! Yesterday 6/27/18 I spoke to the Nissan consumer affairs guy and told him that I was going to turn the videos over to the local news station and boyyyyy s*** started evolving then! Within 10 minutes the local dealership called and said they have a loaner vehicle for me! I’m finally getting a loaner vehicle TODAY! All I’m going to state is GET VIDEOS of these things happening! FYI! The person at Nissan consumer affairs finally omitted to me that they are have to put new parts and software in them! 2017 and 2018 Rouges! So I hope this helps. Be safe out there!

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

That sounds pretty scary, might be worth trying to disable it if possible.. Sounds like it'll cause more problems than protect you from if you're a good driver at all. All this fancy new technological feats they're (automotive industry in general) trying to implement makes me fear for new drivers. Eventually we're gonna have drivers not sure how to change lanes if their automatic lane change assistant stops working or something :(

Timnc34

Yes! It was very scary for sure! I mean, if I’m paying nearly 40K+ for a vehicle I shouldn’t have to disable anything on it. I believe! But they gave me a 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD it’s very similar to the 2018 but the radio is different and it does not have to drive assist. So now it’s the waiting game and this “part” to come in. 😏 I miss my CarPlay. LOL

mmascari
Car: 2017 Rogue SL Platinum Reserve

Has anyone replaced a windshield and had any FEB issues? If so, what was done to resolve them?

Had my windshield replace recently (done by Safelite), and everything looked good the first day. Sometime shortly after the FEB light started to flash, and has continued to flash since. Took it to the dealer, assuming they would just calibrate the camera and it would be resolved. They pulled the codes from the computer, found one for dirt in front of the radar, washed the car, cleared the code, and gave the car back. Left the lot, and the light is still flashing. Went right back, they pulled the codes again, and they don't find any codes at all. So, they don't see any trouble codes, have nothing to fix, yet the light still flashes and the FEB/LDW doesn't work (LDP will not turn on either). They're reaching out to Nissan for guidance, since the two computer systems clearly don't agree that things are fine or not. I asked if they could just do the calibration for the windshield camera anyway, but they say it will not do anything since there's no code for it.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Timnc34

Okay this is what you need to do! Print out these papers and slam it in their faces just like what I did to get SH*T moving LAST WEEK!!! I've been dealing with my FEB starting 10 days after I got the vehicle on March 19th 2018 I have a Rogue SL AWD. I have over 14 videos to prove to them of what has happen! They said the same thing to me and I didn't back down!! They're going to make you out like you're crazy ( NO CODES )!! VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!! THEY DO HAVE A SERVICE BULLETIN UPDATE! THE UPDATE WAS POSTED 7-30-18 AND IT'S CALLED (TSB #NTB18-041) THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE (FEB) I've also have been dealing with Nissan Consumer Affairs to get things moving too! Phone: (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261) go ahead and file a complaint with them! This will help you out too! Give them details of what is happening!! I'm at the point that I'm in the NC LEMON LAW! Key point for you is DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND GET YOUR INVOICES FROM THE DEALERSHIP! Oh yeah they came back with the NO CODES BS with me too!! DO NOT BACK DOWN!! This can be a liability and it's unsafe for you and others around you while driving! Check out the links below! Have a good day and I hope this information helps!

Tim

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/NISS ... complaints

WHILE DRIVING STRAIGHT AT APPROXIMATELY 25-30 MPH ON A CITY STREET WITH A SLIGHT INCLINE AND NO OTHER VEHICLES AROUND OR INCONSISTENCIES IN THE ROAD SURFACE, THE VEHICLE MADE A HARD AND ABRUPT DECELERATION COMBINED WITH A GRINDING SOUND FOR ABOUT 2-3 SECONDS THEN RESUMED NORMAL OPERATION. THE VEHICLE HAD BEEN PURCHASED 2 DAYS EARLIER AND HAD ABOUT 40 MILES ON THE ODOMETER. WHEN CONTACTED, THE SALES STAFF CLAIMED NO KNOWLEDGE OF A PROBLEM BUT THE DEALERSHIP'S SERVICE DEPARTMENT ACKNOWLEDGED THEY HAD A TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN (TSB 18-041A) ALERTING THEM OF THE ISSUE AND THEY HAD IN FACT DEALT WITH SIMILAR SITUATIONS WITHIN THAT SERVICE DEPARTMENT. THEY RAN DIAGNOSTIC TESTS ON OUR VEHICLE AND THE LASER CONTROL MODULE FOR THE EMERGENCY BRAKING SYSTEM FAILED. THEY REPROGRAMMED IT, TESTED IT, AND IT FAILED AGAIN. THEY ORDERED A NEW CKD LASER CONTROL UNIT, REPROGRAMMED IT, PERFORMED SENSOR CALIBRATION, ROAD TESTED IT AND SAY THEY VERIFIED ALL WARNING LIGHTS ARE OUT AND NO CODES ARE RESET. THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THE VEHICLE. THIS SEEMS TO BE A RANDOM AND SYSTEMIC PROBLEM.

AND ALSO PRINT THIS AND SHOW THEM!!!!

http://www.nissanproblems.com/vehicles/ ... /#10143274

TSB #NTB18-041
Posted 2018-07-30
260000 FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE bulletin for the 2018 Rogue
2018 ROGUE, ROGUE HYBRID AND ROGUE SPORT; UNEXPECTED OPERATION OF AEB, FEB OR FCW IF YOU CONFIRM The following system(s) operate unexpectedly or the customer reports unexpected operation: - AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) - FEB (For

NHTSA has assigned ID #10143274 to this bulletin. You can get more detailed information on how to fix the problem.

mmascari

mmascari wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:14 pm
Has anyone replaced a windshield and had any FEB issues? If so, what was done to resolve them?

Had my windshield replace recently (done by Safelite), and everything looked good the first day. Sometime shortly after the FEB light started to flash, and has continued to flash since. Took it to the dealer, assuming they would just calibrate the camera and it would be resolved. They pulled the codes from the computer, found one for dirt in front of the radar, washed the car, cleared the code, and gave the car back. Left the lot, and the light is still flashing. Went right back, they pulled the codes again, and they don't find any codes at all. So, they don't see any trouble codes, have nothing to fix, yet the light still flashes and the FEB/LDW doesn't work (LDP will not turn on either). They're reaching out to Nissan for guidance, since the two computer systems clearly don't agree that things are fine or not. I asked if they could just do the calibration for the windshield camera anyway, but they say it will not do anything since there's no code for it.
Update on my issue. Nissan requested the dealer adjust and calibrate the camera. No luck on fixing it. The issue they said is the clip on the windshield the camera attaches to is "broken", and the only way to get a new one is to replace the windshield. It comes as part of the windshield, attached already, not independently. So, back to Safelite I went, since they installed the replacement windshield. They took another look, and say it's not a broken clip, but they agree the camera isn't attaching correctly to it, it's "off" somewhere and they agree it's not correct. They're ordering another windshield and will be replacing it next week.

The dealers explanation was that because the camera isn't being held tight, it's bouncing and that's what's causing the error. New glass from the dealer is twice as much as Safelite, before including dealer labor too. Plus, I already paid Safelite to fix it. So, while I wait, I've gone from flashing FEB light, so solid FEB light and yellow malfunction indicator.

mmascari

mmascari wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:24 pm
mmascari wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Update on my issue. Nissan requested the dealer adjust and calibrate the camera. No luck on fixing it. The issue they said is the clip on the windshield the camera attaches to is "broken", and the only way to get a new one is to replace the windshield. It comes as part of the windshield, attached already, not independently. So, back to Safelite I went, since they installed the replacement windshield. They took another look, and say it's not a broken clip, but they agree the camera isn't attaching correctly to it, it's "off" somewhere and they agree it's not correct. They're ordering another windshield and will be replacing it next week.

The dealers explanation was that because the camera isn't being held tight, it's bouncing and that's what's causing the error. New glass from the dealer is twice as much as Safelite, before including dealer labor too. Plus, I already paid Safelite to fix it. So, while I wait, I've gone from flashing FEB light, so solid FEB light and yellow malfunction indicator.
A hopefully final resolution. Safelite put in new glass. I went to the Safelite shop after the install to have the computer done, but they don't have the Nissan software yet. In theory, they're getting it this week and will call to have the calibration done. Not wanting to wait, I went back to the dealer again. After a false start or two, they were finally able to clear all the warnings and get it to recalibrate. They hope is that it really sticks and doesn't have bracket issues later. The two clips that hold the camera just barely do so. It's not the strongest of attachments.

Safelite said it was OEM glass, and the Nissan dealer confirmed it's from the same manufacturer as the Nissan part, it doesn't actually say Nissan on it. So, the dealer was hedging their fix that something may come up later.

All of this was with the car still under 36,000 miles, just barely. The good news is that across 3 visits the dealer spent over 8 hours working on it and didn't charge anything because of the warranty period. Next time I get a windshield chip though, it'll be the dealer not Safelite I go to and then deal with the insurance claim, since it'll cost twice as much but hopefully take less time.

crackon4488

Hi. I own a 2018 Rogue SL Pro-Pilot. I have not been able to get my FEB to indicate that its working. I have tried everything short of actually running into something. The "pedestrian detecting" doesn't seem any better. My salesman and I took a 2019 for a drive to see if there was any difference, but the result was the same. He told me the 2017 he was given to use from new would beep and sometimes auto brake when he got to close to a vehicle as it was merging on to an off ramp so he was at a loss to explain what was going on with the 2018/19. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on this? Have any of you tried to confirm yours is working? Thanks for any input.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

crackon4488 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Hi. I own a 2018 Rogue SL Pro-Pilot. I have not been able to get my FEB to indicate that its working. I have tried everything short of actually running into something. The "pedestrian detecting" doesn't seem any better. My salesman and I took a 2019 for a drive to see if there was any difference, but the result was the same. He told me the 2017 he was given to use from new would beep and sometimes auto brake when he got to close to a vehicle as it was merging on to an off ramp so he was at a loss to explain what was going on with the 2018/19. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on this? Have any of you tried to confirm yours is working? Thanks for any input.
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread. Please read the previous posts.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

One final thought, have you confirmed the system is turned on?

AbHat
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

Folks I had this happen yesterday intermittently on my 2019 Rogue. The FEB light came on for about 15 minutes and went away after the restart. I was driving in the night with very light traffic here in Maryland. The temp was about 36F. The car did not brake or anything. But the just the light came on flashed for a while and during the next restart the flashing went away. It was annoying considering how new the vehicle is. Is it normal or should I take it to the dealer for check up.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

AbHat wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:57 am
Folks I had this happen yesterday intermittently on my 2019 Rogue. The FEB light came on for about 15 minutes and went away after the restart. I was driving in the night with very light traffic here in Maryland. The temp was about 36F. The car did not brake or anything. But the just the light came on flashed for a while and during the next restart the flashing went away. It was annoying considering how new the vehicle is. Is it normal or should I take it to the dealer for check up.
"Is it normal?" For Nissan, yes. Read the answers people left on the POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?.

Nissan's nanny-tech's performance is designed as an aide, and sometimes it doesn't perform in the manner expected. Seriously, take some time and read through the threads about the different advanced safety features on Nissan's and how they perform.

I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!
ProPilot Assist vs. Honda Sensing (AcuraWatch)
AEB - Auto Emergency Braking Comparison
Forward emergency braking
Safety Features issue? (Brake issue?)

AbHat

Went to the dealer. Service rep said its quite normal for it come on once in a while based on several factors. The dealer also reset the codes related to this warning.
He said if it comes back again and stays on permanently then they would need to replace the front radar.

AbHat

The light came on yesterday again during driving in heavy snow. I pulled ever couple of times and noticed condensation/snow accumulation on the Nissan logo. I cleaned it. The light would go away but would come back again. Shame on Nissan for design such c**p system which is vulnerable to these waether situations. That means if you live in snow belt you can't use the FEB during winter. Why not have some redundancy or place the radar in a different spot.

DTASFAB

AbHat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:56 am
The light came on yesterday again during driving in heavy snow. I pulled ever couple of times and noticed condensation/snow accumulation on the Nissan logo. I cleaned it. The light would go away but would come back again. Shame on Nissan for design such c**p system which is vulnerable to these waether situations. That means if you live in snow belt you can't use the FEB during winter. Why not have some redundancy or place the radar in a different spot.
Because that would cost more manufacturing money, and these early primitive self-driving systems are not yet sophisticated enough to be anything but a marketing gimmick and something that can result in erratic and unpredictable mechanical performance that likely can lead to dangerous unintended consequences. These systems should not be sold at all, from Nissan or any other manufacturer. They likely cause more problems than they solve and that will continue until the technology is improved to such a great degree that fully autonomous cars can become much more prevalent and dominant in the marketplace.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

It’s because of those lazy drivers behind a Tesla. Society has been brainwashed into thinking we have self-driving cars with the way owners of these vehicles have been operating them.

I always thought Tesla vehicles were nice ELECTRIC CARS, and pioneers in THAT field.

It should have never been beyond that. It should have been driving assisted at the most.

The problem was because a certain group of lazy Americans no longer wanted to pay attention while the car was in driving- mode and refused to be ready to grab the steering wheel at a moments notice.

Idiot drivers started to sleep or watch dvd’s while in these Tesla’s. Just hanging out in these moving boxes with wheels.

Freaking outrageous!

We are decades away before we have fool proof self-driving vehicles.

If you’re not confident enough to drive on a path with your child in the middle of the road with your FEB system activated, why would you even rely on this system in the real world?!?!

Would you experiment with your family members walking across a highway with a dozen Tesla’s with drivers not paying attention and all of them in 100% in self driving mode?

All these driver-assisted systems are just too primitive for my taste and is just another thing to worry about on top of drunk drivers and those already distracted with their cell phones behind the wheel.

The CES show is already showing Uber taxis; now we need to worry about crap crashing on our heads.

How ridiculous is that, delivering food and packages in addition to flying people in the not so distant future.

Self driving flying cars? Hell no.

I’m all for progress, but let’s get it right on land first.

Man on the moon. Check.

Self-driving cars, not so fast! :nono:

AbHat

I don't disagree with you guys. Nissan should allow deactivation of FEB completely. I know you can do that in setting but that brings the warning light on and it stays on permanently and during next shut down and start of the car the FEB is ON again. Then you need to turn it off again. . Its pretty annoying to do that and drive a car with a warning light permanently on the instrument cluster. It would be ideal to deactivate FEB permanently and the warning no longer appears.

zukabaker
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

AbHat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 pm
I don't disagree with you guys. Nissan should allow deactivation of FEB completely. I know you can do that in setting but that brings the warning light on and it stays on permanently and during next shut down and start of the car the FEB is ON again. Then you need to turn it off again. . Its pretty annoying to do that and drive a car with a warning light permanently on the instrument cluster. It would be ideal to deactivate FEB permanently and the warning no longer appears.

If we had that ability it would be a liability issue and than all the people that did deactivate and got into an accident when the FEB did not work would sue for that!

zukabaker
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

Timnc34 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:52 pm
Okay this is what you need to do! Print out these papers and slam it in their faces just like what I did to get SH*T moving LAST WEEK!!! I've been dealing with my FEB starting 10 days after I got the vehicle on March 19th 2018 I have a Rogue SL AWD. I have over 14 videos to prove to them of what has happen! They said the same thing to me and I didn't back down!! They're going to make you out like you're crazy ( NO CODES )!! VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!! THEY DO HAVE A SERVICE BULLETIN UPDATE! THE UPDATE WAS POSTED 7-30-18 AND IT'S CALLED (TSB #NTB18-041) THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE (FEB) I've also have been dealing with Nissan Consumer Affairs to get things moving too! Phone: (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261) go ahead and file a complaint with them! This will help you out too! Give them details of what is happening!! I'm at the point that I'm in the NC LEMON LAW! Key point for you is DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND GET YOUR INVOICES FROM THE DEALERSHIP! Oh yeah they came back with the NO CODES BS with me too!! DO NOT BACK DOWN!! This can be a liability and it's unsafe for you and others around you while driving! Check out the links below! Have a good day and I hope this information helps!

Tim

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/NISS ... complaints

WHILE DRIVING STRAIGHT AT APPROXIMATELY 25-30 MPH ON A CITY STREET WITH A SLIGHT INCLINE AND NO OTHER VEHICLES AROUND OR INCONSISTENCIES IN THE ROAD SURFACE, THE VEHICLE MADE A HARD AND ABRUPT DECELERATION COMBINED WITH A GRINDING SOUND FOR ABOUT 2-3 SECONDS THEN RESUMED NORMAL OPERATION. THE VEHICLE HAD BEEN PURCHASED 2 DAYS EARLIER AND HAD ABOUT 40 MILES ON THE ODOMETER. WHEN CONTACTED, THE SALES STAFF CLAIMED NO KNOWLEDGE OF A PROBLEM BUT THE DEALERSHIP'S SERVICE DEPARTMENT ACKNOWLEDGED THEY HAD A TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN (TSB 18-041A) ALERTING THEM OF THE ISSUE AND THEY HAD IN FACT DEALT WITH SIMILAR SITUATIONS WITHIN THAT SERVICE DEPARTMENT. THEY RAN DIAGNOSTIC TESTS ON OUR VEHICLE AND THE LASER CONTROL MODULE FOR THE EMERGENCY BRAKING SYSTEM FAILED. THEY REPROGRAMMED IT, TESTED IT, AND IT FAILED AGAIN. THEY ORDERED A NEW CKD LASER CONTROL UNIT, REPROGRAMMED IT, PERFORMED SENSOR CALIBRATION, ROAD TESTED IT AND SAY THEY VERIFIED ALL WARNING LIGHTS ARE OUT AND NO CODES ARE RESET. THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THE VEHICLE. THIS SEEMS TO BE A RANDOM AND SYSTEMIC PROBLEM.

AND ALSO PRINT THIS AND SHOW THEM!!!!

http://www.nissanproblems.com/vehicles/ ... /#10143274

TSB #NTB18-041
Posted 2018-07-30
260000 FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE bulletin for the 2018 Rogue
2018 ROGUE, ROGUE HYBRID AND ROGUE SPORT; UNEXPECTED OPERATION OF AEB, FEB OR FCW IF YOU CONFIRM The following system(s) operate unexpectedly or the customer reports unexpected operation: - AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) - FEB (For

NHTSA has assigned ID #10143274 to this bulletin. You can get more detailed information on how to fix the problem.

Tim

Can you share the video?

Return to “Rogue Forum”