I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

Postby datechboss101 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Well, this week, made me to have enough of Nissan and their BS service! Even though we are well into our 2nd year of ownership of our Nissan, and I had it. Who tf wants to call "customer service" to report an issue and wants to know why someone decided to put a CVT in a V6. Clearly, they messed up big time. Next, I had to deal with an ******* SA who literally said to my face that he wanted me out of the dealer multiple times. He give me so much disrespect and attitude, that I wanted to beat the living life out of him. To make things even more worse, he told me to give him a 10 out of 10 rating and was pushing me to get these unnecessary repairs that I totally did not budget for (total would have been around $300.00, other than the maintenance and the windshield replacement; and that maintenance was last minute, as the indicators just came on while I was going to class. And he couldn't show me multiple things that were bad other than a very filthy EAF that the tech literally took out from my car right in front of me. In addition, he told the tech not to check the tranny fluid, and I'm like wtf, Nissan USA told me to have a dealer to check the **** fluid. To top things off, I had to tell the tech that I need him to pull the van to the body shop for the windshield repair. And when it came to pay the bill, the ************** didn't want to honor a Genuine Nissan coupon I gave him and I had to convince him that my usual SA honors it and had to get the usual SA to make this SA to honor it. Looks like I'm going back to Honda. I'm truly a Honda boy inside and outside, and clearly, I am not getting the same vibe with other brands, as I thought I would with Nissan. Nissan, unfortunately, lost a potential repeat buyer, as my money and loyalty will stay at Honda, no matter how bad they screw up.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 2001 Miata turbo, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Re: I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

Postby PapaSmurf2k3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Well, you’re not alone if it makes you feel any better.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 300zx TT, 1966 Fairlady 1600, 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600, 1974 Honda CB550 Four, 2009 F150 Lariat

Postby Ace2cool » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 am

Nope. Not alone at all. I avoid giving these bastards any money when I can help it. Bare minimum to keep my Z on the road, and buy aftermarket if at all possible

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

Postby flartius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:46 am

See and that is the really crappy part, my 240 I had bought last year rolled 250k miles on the original engine and was still going strong. I KNOW for a fact that the PO did not take care of the car and give it the proper maintenance but she ran strong all the way until I pulled the KA out. But now you can't buy a car from them and expect it to make it to the end of the decade, and even if it does and you go back to the stealership for maintenance or warranty work you have to have a lawyer present to get anything done.... I hate you use the old cliche but "they don't make stuff like they used too."

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

My rant ain't over guys... And I know I'm not the only one that is pissed, but I might be the youngest member on this forum, expressing how I feel about Nissan.

After reading the concerns for the past year, boy I made a total mistake of getting a Nissan. We didn't read any information about Nissan, and I was totally hooked on a 2016 Accord Sport, but heck we went to every freaking dealer in Miami-Dade county, and happen to like the Rogue, even though we don't know anything about Nissan, other than the 350z, 370z, Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, Armada and GTR. Compared to the Honda transmissions, this one is loud af and unpredictable to know when it will go out. This is even worse than the 4AT that is the 6th gen Accords. Also, Nissan USA said that a crashing headunit is a defective headunit and that the dealer needs to check it out. Always, has direct me to the dealer. Honda told me if I'm not happy with the dealer, they said I can always go to an independent mechanic. Now, I'm on the hunt to find a dang CVT dip-stick, because Nissan wants to make a huge god dang profit for this stuff. And not sure who the heck designs the hideous navigation map, as the speed limits on that is hurrendously incorrect... I'm pretty sure that there was never and is never and will never be a speed limit of 40 MPH in a residential area where kids would be on the street... Nissan assumes that its a main road.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport - 2014 Q50s AWD

Postby audtatious » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 am

I've been lucky with Infiniti. I've used multiple service centers with no issue. When I had Nissan products it was a different experience and the local shop at the time didn't want to replace anything under warranty.

Jesda
Car: BMW 328 vert, Cadillac Seville STS F55 Magneride

Postby Jesda » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 pm

It doesn't matter to me if Carlos Ghosn "saved" Nissan. All he did was turn it into trash.

RicerX
Administrator
Car: '18 Titan Pro4X, '18 Infiniti QX60

Postby RicerX » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

audtatious wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 am
I've been lucky with Infiniti. I've used multiple service centers with no issue. When I had Nissan products it was a different experience and the local shop at the time didn't want to replace anything under warranty.
My Infiniti service experience truly made me feel like Infiniti was a different company from Nissan altogether. Especially lately with my Titan experience.

I would buy Infiniti all day long because of that, but my recent truck experience has me wavering on even doing that. They have really pissed me off. There is a full writeup coming soon on the front page.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:39 pm

RicerX wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am
audtatious wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 am
My Infiniti service experience truly made me feel like Infiniti was a different company from Nissan altogether. Especially lately with my Titan experience.

I would buy Infiniti all day long because of that, but my recent truck experience has me wavering on even doing that. They have really pissed me off. There is a full writeup coming soon on the front page.
I agree with you. I have no clue why Nissan is being like this. Their cars are great for the average person. I happen to receive lots of positive comments about my Rogue from my close friends, saying it is a nice car. Since they kinda do make nice cars, why are they being a total ****bag to its customers that bought their products? That's an answer the world will never know, other than Nissan's Brazilian CEO, in which I really doubt on whether he knows anything about customer service and customer satisfaction.

EdBwoy

Postby EdBwoy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 pm

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:39 pm
...That's an answer the world will never know, other than Nissan's Brazilian CEO, in which I really doubt on whether he knows anything about customer service and customer satisfaction.
I don't know how much that has to do with being Brazilian, but I bet my full size spare wheel that he has HIS key customers happy enough. That's why he is still where he is.

I really feel for you and understand your frustration, but unfortunately for most companies as long as the stakeholders are kept happy, the powers that be will leave the milch cow where it is. And more CVTs will keep being pushed on the mass market. I don't particularly like it, but it seems to be working for them.
After all, we don't significantly affect their bottom line... yet!

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm

EdBwoy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 pm
I don't know how much that has to do with being Brazilian, but I bet my full size spare wheel that he has HIS key customers happy enough. That's why he is still where he is.

I really feel for you and understand your frustration, but unfortunately for most companies as long as the stakeholders are kept happy, the powers that be will leave the milch cow where it is. And more CVTs will keep being pushed on the mass market. I don't particularly like it, but it seems to be working for them.
After all, we don't significantly affect their bottom line... yet!
Yep... Can't wait for Greg to put a dent into Nissan and bring it back to normal. However, something is a bit off with our Nissan, and there is a weird pattern going on with it, sort of like my crappy lemon Dell Insprion. In March of 2016, we got rear ended by a Toyota in the Rogue (3 months after buying the dang thing); May of 2017, my dad got pulled over for "speeding" on the same route he always took for the past few years to work; and ironically enough, it wasn't too long before the curse came onto me, with me breaking the garage door this past weekend and racking up a nice and wallet comforting $5000 repair bills ($2000 for garage door, $2500 for the Rogue). Totally going back to my Accord and giving this crap back to my parents, as they have better use of it than me (clearly its tooooo big for me).

flartius
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

Postby flartius » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 am

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm
(clearly its tooooo big for me).
...If I had a dollar everytime she said that.. I'd have like 35 cents. :banana:

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Postby PapaSmurf2k3 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am

datechboss101 wrote:

Yep... Can't wait for Greg to put a dent into Nissan and bring it back to normal.
I think you overestimate how much Nissan actually cares about this (or any other) forum.
We could shut down tomorrow in protest, and Nissan will still make cars.
datechboss101 wrote:
In March of 2016, we got rear ended by a Toyota in the Rogue (3 months after buying the dang thing); May of 2017, my dad got pulled over for "speeding" on the same route he always took for the past few years to work; and ironically enough, it wasn't too long before the curse came onto me, with me breaking the garage door this past weekend and racking up a nice and wallet comforting $5000 repair bills ($2000 for garage door, $2500 for the Rogue). Totally going back to my Accord and giving this crap back to my parents, as they have better use of it than me (clearly its tooooo big for me).
None of that is really the fault of the rogue. I wouldn't turn the fact-based discussion into a witch hunt.

flartius
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

Postby flartius » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:59 pm

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am
datechboss101 wrote:

Yep... Can't wait for Greg to put a dent into Nissan and bring it back to normal.
I think you overestimate how much Nissan actually cares about this (or any other) forum.
Corporate Nissan USA would never notice a difference, there are soo many consumers that never see this site that you wouldn't even make a dent in their sales. The only thing that the board of directors look at is the bottom line.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:08 pm

flartius wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:59 pm
PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Corporate Nissan USA would never notice a difference, there are soo many consumers that never see this site that you wouldn't even make a dent in their sales. The only thing that the board of directors look at is the bottom line.
All I am trying to say if someone like Greg, can try to convince, maybe Nissan will make a great vehicle overall. Not just perfecting in one area, and screwing up in the others.
PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
datechboss101 wrote:

datechboss101 wrote:
In March of 2016, we got rear ended by a Toyota in the Rogue (3 months after buying the dang thing); May of 2017, my dad got pulled over for "speeding" on the same route he always took for the past few years to work; and ironically enough, it wasn't too long before the curse came onto me, with me breaking the garage door this past weekend and racking up a nice and wallet comforting $5000 repair bills ($2000 for garage door, $2500 for the Rogue). Totally going back to my Accord and giving this crap back to my parents, as they have better use of it than me (clearly its tooooo big for me).
None of that is really the fault of the rogue. I wouldn't turn the fact-based discussion into a witch hunt.
Point taken man! Either way, if it is or is not the fault of our Rogue, then its pure luck then. I'm just putting out there, as this is kinda weird that, there is a pattern going on with this car of ours every year, where its either some type of accident or some stupid ticket. I still have to make my 50k mile/2.5 year ownership review of this car, in the view of a teenager, so bare with me! However, my parents are keeping this car for another 10 years or so.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Ight... a nice juicy thread bump on this rant... I ain't done with Nissan! Once I gather my data, its a good ol' lawsuit against Nissan.

Since, many of the mods knows that I am a college student, and I drive my 2016 Rogue on the Florida Turnpike, which has a posted speed limit of 70 MPH. I happen to find something outrageous with the Rogue. Had the Rogue was equipped with a V6 and/or a traditional automatic, this issue wouldn't be an issue for me. But, its a 4banger and is paired with a ****ing CVT, which of course is an issue.

So, I exercise the cruise control and eco mode for all my trips up and down the 242 miles of Florida Turnpike. However, what puzzled me is that going 70MPH with cruise control and ECO on, I get a whopping 28 MPG (+/- couple decimals for margin of error). I happened to contact Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) to find what was the slowest (safest speed) I can go on the turnpike, and that is 55 MPH. For the past few drives, I have been driving 60 MPH, and the on-board LIVE MPG monitor and the MPG results, are giving me MPGs in the high 30s to low 40s. However, my best MPG that the results screen showed me was 42.6 MPG, and that was driving 50 MPH (of course I had my hazards on) and with the needle in the red zone, near empty, for 30 miles.

And after a few calls between Nissan, CS Nissan, and Reed Nissan, I feel like they want me to cough up money to diagnose this issue (Nissan won't cover this, since they are heartless monsters) and they also want me to do this so-called "induction service". And from doing some online search, this induction service is a scam and rip-off, since they won't take out every single piston and remove the carbon by hand.

I just can't wait to get back into a Honda (probably an Acura). Also, my parents and little brother made up their mind, which meant I'm stuck with the Rogue till I graduate.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Postby PapaSmurf2k3 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:54 am

Wait, so what's the problem?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Postby Bubba1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I agree with James. I don't understand your problem either. Are you complaining about your average mpg in a 4 cyl cvt 2016 Rogue? From what I've read 28 mpg at 70 falls in the normal range. And by using "live mpg" do you mean instantaneous mpg? If so, that's not a tool to measure avg mpg. Please explain.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm complaining that i am getting the average MPG or worse when I am just doing pure highway driving of 70 MPH. Also, when I go a steady 60 MPH, I get my a$$ tail-gated by douches and honked by truckers on the traffic lane (right lane). I am using the instantaneous MPG is see what I am getting constantly, not to calculate my average MPG.

Aren't 4bangers supposed to be fuel efficient compared to V6, V8, Vwhatever # of cylinders?? Also, I don't want to be at the pump twice a week. And my range for a full tank when doing 70 is mediocre (in the sense that I have like 30-40 miles remaining).

And from babying the dam thing for the past 10k miles, it would be nice to get at least 30 MPGs when doing 70 MPH, constant.

Jumparound
Car: Honda Civic 2001

Postby Jumparound » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 pm

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 pm
To make things even more worse, he told me to give him a 10 out of 10 rating and was pushing me to get these unnecessary repairs that I totally did not budget for (total would have been around $300.00, other than the maintenance and the windshield replacement; and that maintenance was last minute, as the indicators just came on while I was going to class.
I get it and yes I agree but no need to hate on the brand.

I hate how the QX80 looks but hey, overall Nissan has been solid for years.

Sorry you had to deal with such crappy service.

Overall their employees are well trained and scheduled in properly (I remember we once had a oil change at 5am and they helped us out).

Anyways, hope things improve but just make sure you always have a copy or two of your receipts.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Postby PapaSmurf2k3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 am

28 MPG in an SUV doing 70 mph is pretty god damn amazing.

Do you understand how physics works?
Air friction is proportional to your speed, squared. The faster you go, the worse fuel economy you will get.
"Highway" is generally rated at 55mph... with the AC off.

RicerX
Administrator
Car: '18 Titan Pro4X, '18 Infiniti QX60

Postby RicerX » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:21 am

Eco mode is garbage. The wife routinely did 32 MPG around 80 mph on her work commute weekly in normal mode on her 2015 SL. Mobil-1 synthetic, shell gasoline. Kept clean air filters in it. Kept good tires on it. I could milk it for more than that if I didn't use cruise control, but I normally maintained 29 or 30 mpg anytime I ever drove it.

She did that for 70k miles before we moved into a QX60.

I gripe about Nissan... a lot... and especially lately. But I have nothing bad to say about our Rogue. It did the job, did it well, did it reliably, and did it safely. Only issue we had is the XM tuner went out in the head unit at 4300 miles and we had to swap it under warranty - hardly a serious issue.

First thing I would do is completely ignore any eco mode you may have. It does nothing other than pacify the environmentalist types that don't know how cars work. I've always found using 50% throttle for a few seconds to get up to speed did more for me than 10% throttle for a half hour to get to interstate speeds. That's all eco mode does it change throttle input, requiring more pedal travel for more actual throttle. Get the car up to speed and coast where you can.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Postby Bubba1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 am

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 pm
I'm complaining that i am getting the average MPG or worse when I am just doing pure highway driving of 70 MPH. Also, when I go a steady 60 MPH, I get my a$$ tail-gated by douches and honked by truckers on the traffic lane (right lane). I am using the instantaneous MPG is see what I am getting constantly, not to calculate my average MPG.

Aren't 4bangers supposed to be fuel efficient compared to V6, V8, Vwhatever # of cylinders?? Also, I don't want to be at the pump twice a week. And my range for a full tank when doing 70 is mediocre (in the sense that I have like 30-40 miles remaining).

And from babying the dam thing for the past 10k miles, it would be nice to get at least 30 MPGs when doing 70 MPH, constant.

There are many factors that impact mpg. Your driving style is but one component, I recommend you read up on "hyper-miling techniques". Interesting stuff. You might find there are things you're doing that hurt mpg instead of improve it.

If your goal is to maximize mpg, here are a just few tips: Slow down! 70 is too fast for max mpg in your car. air resistance increases as speed increases. That means increasingly more engine effort is required to achieve and maintain those higher speeds, which means more fuel consumption, not less. And if you slow down from 70 to 55-60 you might even reach your coveted 30 mpg avg just by itself. Skip the instanteous mpg stuff, that tells you nothing about average mpg. You probably don't realize but many trucks have speed limiters (governors), many as low as 60 or 65 mph, so I don't buy your argument you must speed up because everyone abuses you if you don't. Very simple solution, simply grow thicker skin and drive the speed you want, and don't worry so much about douches or them tailgating. they rear end you, they pay. the only exception is if you drive slow in the passing lanes. Do that and you'd be a douche. At 55-60, you'll probably probably still be passing governed fleet trucks, and elderly speed vigilantees. And yes, of course people are gonna complain and honk and flip you off until they get around you not matter what your speed is, (you described pretty much every driver in NJ by the way) So why not simply smile back, and make 'em even more annoyed and let 'em pass you. Doesn't matter what they think and they're not paying for your gas. ;)

Next, check your air pressure regularly. Underinflation is a mileage killer. Perhaps for your next set of tires, consider asking your parents tolook at ones with a lower rolling resistance. May not handle quite as nimbly, but then again you're driving a friggin' SUV on a highway, not a sports car on a race track. Think about it. Next, get rid of excess weight. weight hurts mpg. Make sure your filters are clean, especially the air filter. Remove roof racks, aftermarket spoilers or other kiddie add-ons that look cool to kids but cause drag. Coast to slow down instead of braking whenever practical, which also means no more tailgating, something young males frequently do but won't admit. You could also fold in the passenger side mirror. Believe it or not, outside mirrors cause drag and that hurts gas mileage, especially larger ones.

I think you should be happy with 28 mpg at 70 out a Rogue, which I think is awd, right? That's pretty darn good, especially for a young, inexperienced driver like you in an vehicle as aerodynamic as a cinder block. But I'm calling shens on your Nissan anger if its based only on your Rogue. I believe you even acknowledged it has been reliable. Nissan dealers are a different story. There are good and bad ones, the trick is only use the good ones. That requires some research, and it sounds like you and/or your parents may not have done, at least enough. But ultimately, If you really despise the car that much, perhaps you should give it back to your parents and buy what you really want.

To answer your question about 4 cyl engines being more fuel efficient than V6/V8. In many cases they are, but that applies if you're comparing identical vehicles except for engine choice. You'll find that's not necessarily the case when comparing different vehicles, due to so many variables, like the stuff mentioned earlier, plus adding a bunch of other stuff including (but not limited to) gearing, transmission, type of engine (diesel,gas, hybrid, hydrogen, n.a., turbo or supercharging,) size of the engine , tuning, weight of the vehicle, options, aerodynamics, etc etc.

One last note, most factory built-in car Nav systems suck. Though I kinda like the Audi sat nav. I remember getting in a then new S5 at VIR and turned on the nav system in the paddock for giggles and the track map appeared!!! Kinda cool. I didn't actually use it on track, but I'm wondering if that female voice would've said " turn right in 1000 feet". :). I guess the bigger question is why would anyone use an oem car nav system at all when there's a better one in just about every cell phones? Oh well. that's my Andy Rooney moment (baby boomer reference)

Hope that gives some perspective.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:52 pm

I drive 60MPH on hwy not 70 (even with speed limit saying 70). I think I will never understand this vehicle ever, unlike the two other ones we currently have. My tire pressure is above 33 PSI (cause I got some crazy mad OCD) and I always drive with a pair of jumper cables and a tire inflator, so I am ready for the unexpected! Also. I'm actually having fun with the low-class crappy OEM navigation, cause how messed up and incorrect it can get and it loves going in circles, and its still a 2015 map update. And to speak of it, it made me to take a 340 mile route this weekend when I selected avoid tolls (made me to go through Allegator Alley, Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, Lakeland, and then home, via I-75). The drive was great, since there barely was any traffic and the interstate was nearly empty, yet it still took me 6 hours to get from Miami to my house (2x time if I took the FTP).

After doing some testing, and going to 0 miles till empty on one tank, I concluded my best speed to get my ideal gas mileage on the appliance is 60 MPH on CC. This is an unusual thing for a guy that has a heavy foot (loves to floor it). Also, I realized, I really don't have anything important to rush to during my drive, so I figured this is the best speed for me, since I want to enjoy driving and the scenery of Florida before those awful and crappy autonomous, hack-able vehicles comes onto the roads.

Btw, I make sure people pass me, because today some ***** in a Toyota was constantly tailgating me and there was 2 empty lanes on the left. And I decided to be more of a douche and dropped my speed from 60 to 50 just to piss that lady off and of course I flicked her off for tailgating me on the slow lane when she passed me and while she was tailgating me. Also, most of the people that move into Florida from other states are from the New York/New Jersey area, which makes sense when you said how I described the drivers here in Florida.

audtatious

Postby audtatious » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Realize that the EPA MPG test for hwy is simply simulating a 10 mile trip with an average speed of 48mph.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Well, one month of testing, shows me that this CUV can go up to 37.5 MPG (520 miles) on a tank. However, with mixed hwy speeds ranging from 55MPH and 70+ MPH, the average is around 33 MPG. While doing dead 60 MPH I get anywhere between 36-42MPG while driving (per tank will be that 37.5MPG). So, EPA basically can suck Trump's election bid when it comes to their dang ratings for the Rogue, cause I am doing real-world application.

Next thing next, them Zero-what-gravity seats. Is there a way to make the power lumbar be from 2 way to 4 way? Cause I'm getting back pain, and I have to move the seat back until that lumbar support hits the area I need it.

And on a side positive note, the Rogue is super helpful for me, since I am highly active within the campus life and with a responsible medical fraternity, as I just got initiated last night, and found a fellow fratter who has a newer Rogue.

audtatious

Postby audtatious » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Real world application, from a comparison perspective, would be to duplicate what the EPA did via testing which is a 10 mile trip with no stops at 48mph. Do that many times and average them.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 am

audtatious wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm
Real world application, from a comparison perspective, would be to duplicate what the EPA did via testing which is a 10 mile trip with no stops at 48mph. Do that many times and average them.
I never stop in my drives, and I use Cruise Control, so my speed is constant regardless. So doing the same thing but in a slower speed will actually increase my MPGs, cause its in the same route, and the speed is the same.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Postby PapaSmurf2k3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Cruise control isn't the best. It can't anticipate hills or traffic slowdowns, etc.
Constant throttle is actually better than constant speed.

datechboss101

Postby datechboss101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Lets just say I have a lead foot and I can't stop myself from speeding if I don't have it on cruise control. And also, I am not in any rush to get to my destinations, so why not enjoy the drive?

Return to “General Chat”