POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.

Would You Buy Another Nissan?

FIT & FINISH IS POOR
10%
TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS
15%
ENGINE PROBLEMS
4%
DRIVE-LINE PROBLEMS
6%
POOR BUILD
13%
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT DEALERSHIPS
13%
FAILURE TO WARRANTY CLAIMS
4%
I WOULD BUY ANOTHER
35%

Total votes: 342

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

as a mod on here, i have heard of many-many complaints. i also have heard of many people swearing to never own another nissan again. this poll isnt to beat nissan down, nor to belittle the brand. i am simply hoping this poll gets to the eyes of those in nissan corporate.

you can select up to 5 options above.

DO NOT LEAVE ESSAYS EXPLAINING YOURSELF. WE HAVE INDIVIDUAL THREADS FOR THAT. just vote. let the numbers speak for you.

Theop
Car: Rogue S AWD 2013

No. With a car less than 8000 miles (some 12000+ km), I have been at the dealer 3 times (window doesn't work when it's cold outside, rust appearing at the rear light and noise at steering wheel).
The reason I bought this Rogue because I still own a '05' Altima and for many years didn't have to be at the dealer for warranty repairs!

Rogue Three
Car: 2012 FWD Rogue SL
2014 Dodge Durango R/T

Both of the last two nissans I have owned have had trans problems; a 2006 pathfinder and now my 12 Rogue.

We traded the pathy for a Durango and we are done with nissan after the rogue gives it up.

wexlerb
Car: 2015 Altima SV w/ Tech

Not at this point. I have been a long time Altima owner, but with the tech troubles in the current 2015 Altima SV /w tech that I have and Nissan not willing to resolve them.

1. The first and biggest issue is with the blind spot warning system. Every time it rains or the roads are wet you will get false alarms flashing at you while driving or turning corners. This is highly distracting and makes the system useless when the roads are wet. When talking with my dealer, the service manager has the same car and same problem. On my second visit to the dealership, I was handed a bulletin which states my exact issue. I open a case with Nissan customer care to ask for a fix and their response was the system is working as designed. I guess they do not see an issue with a safety device giving false alarms.

2. The 7" screen is very fuzzy when using the backup camera. Nissan says it's working as designed, even thou the same model car with the smaller screen is noticeably clearer.

3. The Nissan Apps that connect you with Pandora only works maybe 25% of the time, it normally says that there is an error, all while I can still stream music and make phone calls using bluetooth.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Yes. My 2012 Rogue with 34k miles has given me no problems aside from the brakes pulsating for the past year and the battery now coming to a point where it will need to be changed soon.

Aside from it not always being the quietest or smoothest over bumps, etc., it has been very reliable and Im actually contemplating buying it at the end of my lease.... Or going for a 2016 Rogue....

an_alas
Car: Rogue 2008

Never ever again,
Just got my trans. changed last week. Thank God it on warranty!
still, i spent thousands of dollars on this car, and still, needs more,
there's always something wrong with it.
it just won't drive peacefully!

That's it, i'm done with Nissan.

philipp55
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2014

Absolutely!
I am now on my 14th Nissan (If you count my Datsun PU as a Nissan) and cannot find anything else for the price with the same reliability / overall satisfaction.

RLH
Car: Rogue

I have a 1998 Nissan Primera Camino that I bought in 2006 with 30,000 miles on it, now around 80,000 miles. Other than the normal replacements over the years this thing has served me very well. Before that I had a used Nissan Prairie,and although not the greatest car in the world it served me well for almost 6 years. If I can get that kind of reliability buying a new Nissan (looking at a Rogue) then I'm all in.

MNETEL
Car: 2013 NISSAN ROGUE S AWD

I see that a lot of people by this poll would buy another Nissan,I don't get it, So if that's true, I have a 2013 Nissan Rogue 46,000 I would like to get rid of It's been having CVT problems of over heating and going into Fail Safe Mode and Nissan is giving me a hard time to correct this problem, I owned three and leased two, There is no loyalty, NO more Nissan's for me my MONEY is too valuable and hard to come buy !!!

94Q45Beast
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45t w/HICAS
1992 INFINITI Q45
2017 INFINITI Q70S AWD BLACK ON BLACK

by "nissan" I assume you include Infiniti in your poll also, Infiniti has its own team of engineers.

wilhannes
Car: 2011 Platinum Graphite Rogue SL SV

I am on my third Rogue. I had a 2009, a 2011, and now have A 2015. All were top of the line with all options. The first 2 had no problems at all. The 15 has a couple of little things wrong, like the inside l/r door handle does not work, the drivers plastic door sill is loose, and the tilt position of the sunroof hardly opens. I think that my 15 may have been built in the USA which may explain it. I still love the 15 because of all the bells & whistles it has.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

^ Are you sure that the tilt thing with your sunroof is an "issue"? My new 2015 (last time I posted in this thread I had a 2012 so I actually DID get a new Nissan lol) doesn't tilt up as much as my 2012 did either. I think it's in the design

philipp55
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2014

I guess that I would have to answer - YES !!

As I just bought my 15th Nissan and my third Rogue. About the only Nissan that I have not owned is a GTR and probably will have to pass on this one, but not because I don't want one.

estrada_ed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.
2019 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD

Just bought one - 2015 Rogue SL AWD with Premium package. Sold my 2008 Rogue to get this one!

Jimmy6
Car: 2009 Rogue S (mine)
2012 Frontier King-Cab (pop)
2013 Murano SV (mum)

I would get one again if the conditions were right. my house is all nissan and i love them. but my next ride will prolly be ecoboost mustang or the new 2016 miata. they're discontinuing the xterra so that kinda blows.

roguebeauty
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL
Black on Black

Yes, and I just recently bought one almost 3 weeks ago. I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra that I bought brand new and now has 264,000 miles on it. It has the same engine and same transmission, I had no major problems with it, just kept the oil changed, tires rotated on a regular basis. Of course I did have work preformed such as the timing belt, water pump but I consider those normal and routine. My radiator went out last year 2014 and I had to replace that but other than that everything else is original, I was so impressed that I did buy another Nissan. Trying to save on gas so I went with the Nissan Rogue this time.

vabelleintn
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S FWD
2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Without a doubt. I currently own two Rogues (a 08 and a 15). Sure my 08 had transmission issues, but Nissan replaced under the extended warranty. I have driven Nissan most of my life (over 20 years of driving), only once did I stray. I bought a Toyota Camry and HATED it. I could get rid of that thing fast enough. Every time I am in the market for a new car, I shop around. Before I got my 15 Rogue I looked at over 20 other cars and the only other one I even considered was an Audi Q5. In the end I decided I would rather pay 30K for a car than 50K. No car is perfect and they all have problems. My Nissans have been safe (one saved my life in an accident), reliable, and fun to drive. I can't see my ever driving anything else.

n0s_speed
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV
2015 Nissan Rogue S
2013 Nissan Versa

3 years, 3 nissans.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

This is my first Nissan to own (2014 Rogue). I end up with Versas and Altimas as rental vehicles about 5 times/year. I've had one Rogue Select as a rental in the last year too.

No particular problems, but I also don't feel like my Rogue does anything as "best in class" either. My local dealership pushes maintenance before the designated mileage recommendation, which I also do not appreciate. I bought it because of mileage claims (which I am not getting) so I would have to say I will try someone else next time.

Nevada
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

YES, in a heart beat. Best. Car. Ever. I am a hospice nurse, in a hilly rural area. I have had my Rogue since the beginning of April, and it is ready to turn over 20,000 miles. I am getting 27mpg, with a mix of highway and in-town driving. I have every bell and whistle available - including a full-roof sunroof. Love. Love. Love my car.

JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

No, I would not buy another Nissan, only because of the dealership experience for service. I am someone who likes to have my car serviced at the dealer, even though it might be more money, exc. This is my preference. I have yet to have a positive dealership experience with my 2014 Rogue that now has 43,000 + miles on it.

I've had 8 services so far and 1 trip to stop by to fix something they have damaged. Some of my basic issues with the service I have received, many of them reoccurring problems with their service system, and poor experience now from two different dealers which have had some similar issues.

1. To get an oil change you should not have to schedule it a week or more in advance. It's an oil change. I have no problem with 1 or maybe even 2 days ahead, but it is usually a week or more that I have to wait, which means I really have to plan ahead to do it at the right intervals.

2. the manual states oil changes are every 5000 miles, I understand this was changed in 2014. They always put 3750. Yes this is nit picky.

3. When I schedule my service on line and choose a service that is $80 which includes synthetic oil, I expect you to do that service, I knew it was going to be $80, that is what I choose. Yet when I choose this it is not done. I get regular oil and a $40 bill. When I asked about that, I was told I have to tell them that I want it.

4. I don't understand how there is so much disconnect between the system on their website and the people getting the order. I mentioned the oil changes in 3, but this also happens with other services, I can't remember if it was 30,000 mile or what. But I checked the service online it was $180 I think, I go to pick up the car and they want to charge $360. I spend 40 minutes arguing with them about it, they won't ever look up on their website what I choose, or allow me access to a computer (couldn't get the site to pull up on my phone) to show them show them. Finally they 'figure it out' but still charge me $198 before taxes, at that point I was not worried about the extra $20.

5. When I specifically tell you that I want synthetic and you still put regular oil in, on two different occasions that is a problem. One of the two times they caught it and redid the oil change with synthetic.

6. Only two warranty items so far. Front driver seat wiggles a bit. Passenger side door panel rattles on rough roads. Could not duplicate the driver seat...ok I know that happens. Fixed the door rattle and left a 2 inch scratch on a plastic trim piece. The rattle became worse. Took it back for the trim piece they said someone would call me the next day (this was a Monday) Wednesday I call the guy I talked to, left a message, nothing. Thursday I call again, and also try to talk to the service manager since the other person wasn't there. Someone takes a message, but I don't ever hear anything. Friday, I e-mail the service manager. Monday I try calling the service manager again, same message deal. I finally hear from the first guy and he tells me he thinks it's ordered and will call back when confirmed. Wednesday I e-mail the service manager again. Friday, I get voice mail for 1st guy. So I e-mail service manager and another e-mail address I find. So after all of this.... no direct response from the service manager what to know what his e-mail response is "The part is ordered" don't remember if he used my name or not. It comes in next week they call. I go in they fix it real quick.....except it is scratched again.... this time much smaller and you can tell some black marker was put on it to make it less noticeable. So I decide not going to this dealer again

7. Go to another dealer, select the service on line. Getting oil change, and ask to have the front driver seat checked for a wiggle and the passenger door panel for a rattle. This dealer is about 35 minutes from me (the other is about 15) I dropped it off the night before and mentioned the items to the person I dropped it off with. My appointment was 7:30 A.M. I get a voicemail at 2:30 saying it's ready. I call back at 3:00 and he tells me they kind of heard the rattle in the door but to bring it back another day and they can look at it. That's why I dropped it off and left it there and between my appointment time and the time they called, they had it 7 hours and did not have time to really look at it even though they 'kind of' duplicated it. And guess what they didn't do the $80 service that included the synthetic oil. They charged $40....and regular oil.

I like my rogue, and hope to keep it for a while, but I would not buy another Nissan based on the service experience.

Russian1
Car: Rouge

Just got Rouge 2015 SV. Probably was a mistake. Vibrates when accelerate, dealer does not want to fix problem,
they even won't admit to vibration in writing, only verbally. If they ever fix the car I may buy another in time.

clev
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

We really like our '09; it has 69000 as of today. We've maintained it well and the only problem we've had is the battery died suddenly and unexpected. Will we buy another one? Probably, but if I see that STUPID 'you're the best man' Nissan commercial one more time, I may not.

lifeshows
Car: Nissan Rogue Select 2014

I buy a Nissan again,, I really like the quality for the price. In 2013 I buy a Suzuki Grand Vitara, I love that SUV, but the brakes get some problems and I can't find parts, so I make the worst mistake of my life, I buy a Mitsubishi Outlander. That thing is terrible, the navigation brake down, the central computer burn down, the suspension was totally wrong, all that in 4 months. I buy a 2014 Ford Escape. 4 factory recalls, 43 different panel buttons and fifteen of them stop to work after eight days. I buy the Nissan Rogue in July 2014, I don't have any problem with the Nissan, the dealer I think push to hard production in the shop and they forget things each time. Reset the service alarm, really check the liquids levels, they replace the battery because they forget refill, I ask for alignment and they say is OK, was no OK, I pay in another place for the job and run beautiful, they replace the fluid in the brakes and they forget adjust the pedal, etc, etc, etc. But the Rogue Select I have is really nice. A piece of mind. Until I need go to service and take it to another mechanic to try to don't get kill for the negligence of he dealer.

RogueSeeker
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD & 1997 Ford F-150

I traded my 08 Rogue SL AWD yesterday for a 16 Forester Touring. My car had the early grinding noise from the CVT. That CVT totally failed in heavy interstate traffic in October of 2014. They thought they were doing me a favor by ONLY charging me 1k for a new tranny. My goal was to drive it just long enough to recoup my 1000 dollars. The transmission failed at 131k miles. I sent a letter to Nissan NA customer service after the failure pointing out that mine conveniently failed after their 120k mile extended transmission warranty expired. They did respond, but couldn't care less. When I let that go yesterday, the AC compressor was gone, right side power door locks didn't work (never slim jimmed), fan would work intermittently, and sunroof wouldn't work correctly. No more nissans for me. It appears everything is set to self destruct at about 100k miles or so. I guess I got lucky and mine was decent until the transmission blew at 131k. Then the electrical system collapsed. Goodbye Nissan, hello Subaru!!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

RogueSeeker wrote:I traded my 08 Rogue SL AWD yesterday for a 16 Forester Touring. My car had the early grinding noise from the CVT. That CVT totally failed in heavy interstate traffic in October of 2014. They thought they were doing me a favor by ONLY charging me 1k for a new tranny. My goal was to drive it just long enough to recoup my 1000 dollars. The transmission failed at 131k miles. I sent a letter to Nissan NA customer service after the failure pointing out that mine conveniently failed after their 120k mile extended transmission warranty expired. They did respond, but couldn't care less. When I let that go yesterday, the AC compressor was gone, right side power door locks didn't work (never slim jimmed), fan would work intermittently, and sunroof wouldn't work correctly. No more nissans for me. It appears everything is set to self destruct at about 100k miles or so. I guess I got lucky and mine was decent until the transmission blew at 131k. Then the electrical system collapsed. Goodbye Nissan, hello Subaru!!
i traded in my 2008 Rogue SL AWD for a 2016 Kia Sorento. its amazing how much better of a car the kia is, versus the rogue. nissan went downhill, and ill never buy one or recommend it. we had a 2013 santa fe and love it as well. goodbye nissan. (i feel like they died somewhere around 2004) Nissan is the Dodge of japan.

SergioM

I own 2009 Rogue and bought it used. I had no problem with it and it is going on 2.100.000 km. Regular wear and tear is normal and I keep it maintained. Just bought 2016 Rogue. Andy yes will buy another one to replace my 2009 Rogue when the time comes. I drove 2003 civic before switching to Rogue - civic was the worst ca I ever had.

oldengineer
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

I loved my 2015 Rogue SV with the premium package except that I was one of the unfortunate buyers who got one with the 1250 rpm vibration problem which I gave up on getting fixed after 3 trips to the dealer and several calls with Nissan Customer Service. I traded it for a 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

oldengineer wrote:I loved my 2015 Rogue SV with the premium package except that I was one of the unfortunate buyers who got one with the 1250 rpm vibration problem which I gave up on getting fixed after 3 trips to the dealer and several calls with Nissan Customer Service. I traded it for a 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited.
subaru's are awesome products. just make sure to be strict with your timing belt replacements. a snapped belt can cause all sorts of issues. and with their engines, once you go in for your timing belt, you have to replace:
serpentine belt
tensioner
timing belt
water pump.

mud1070
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL

No,
CVT problems with no help from Nissan.
:wtf2:
No trans cooler?

Return to “Rogue Forum”