My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

I like the vents on the silver car, the other ones are a little to F50 for my liking

a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

you should definetely do a proper underbody and rear diffuser and front splitter... functioning one plus it'll look complete...

presidential
Car: 1992 240sx hatch, 1993 240sx coupe

I know it would be a PITA but the hatch would look better if you cut the horizontal back piece near the lights from the rest of the hatch and smoothed it in. It would solve a lot of your bodyline issues for certain while keeping the hatch line up top.

I'll defiantly stay tuned to this build.

Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

RB24D wrote:Sick build and progress but imo it looks to much like a ferrari with the chop, vents and inverted hatch but mabye you were going for that look.
FlatBlackIan wrote:I like the vents on the silver car, the other ones are a little to F50 for my liking
RB24D...one can only take that as a complamit but yeah if you "ferrari" as in bad ***...then yes

FlatblackIan....yeah...i'm not doing the big rear vent, going with something smaller like on the silver one...
presidential wrote:I know it would be a PITA but the hatch would look better if you cut the horizontal back piece near the lights from the rest of the hatch and smoothed it in. It would solve a lot of your bodyline issues for certain while keeping the hatch line up top.

I'll defiantly stay tuned to this build.
find a pic on my thread and photoshop it and show me exactly what you're talking about.....
a_ahmed wrote:you should definetely do a proper underbody and rear diffuser and front splitter... functioning one plus it'll look complete...
I do plan on making front and side splitter and finishing up the back diffuser

bought this cf rear diffuser from Abflug....

incase you forgot, we've already installed it, this is a pic where i drew in some vents to see how it looked.......not sure though...

so i stopped by the shop today.....he was working on the front bumper, i forgot to mention that my front bumper sags in the middle, that was going to be an issue when we lowered the car so he had to chop it up again and bring that bottom lip up before he could put the vents in..(pic is just to show the sagging front lip, will post a pic of what he did, when he sends me one)
Ajax wrote:Sky, I'm still waiting to see what the view from the interior looks like- How bad will blind spots be from the inverted hatch?
you know i looked today.....i don't think it's going to be an issue....but like i said, i'm making my back window bigger then what it is now

a_ahmed

For underbody work check out sasha's s14 race car thread on ziptied.com . That's how it should be done... and that's what i'll eventually do to my track car.

amolao
Car: 1989 Hatchback (the first one...) w/ Autech sr20de S15

I think you should try to keep the rear bumper clear alas 300ZX, just like in the pic with the diffuser. Grills will make it look too busy and "euro". The rear diffuser is going to look great. You bodyman is an artisan when it comes to bodywork...

Ajax
Car: 1991 240sx SE
2010 Mazda 5

I concur on the smaller rear vents. Those F50 style are just too huge.

presidential

Like this:

I made the proposed "new" trunk line stand out with a black outline for you.

a_ahmed

^I totally agree.

That's the one thing that bothered me with that ki or any other similar kits. The trunk line messes everything up.

However other than cutting and welding new metal, and refining... something will have to be done with the mechanism, so its easy to open lol.. and close.. can't let it fly around haha.. could use some hood pin/lock type things sure... but... yeah.. some things to consider. Maybe a GT wing would help :P lol.. just some thoughts, but I totally agree on that trunk line, I totally forgot to mention that myself

Also I would lose the r33 tail light lines and focus on ferrari-ish style taililghts
Modified by a_ahmed at 11:52 AM 9/15/2008

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

that does look way better. DO that and just use a trunk pop, or something like that.

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Haha had it not been photshopped already, I was about to do it. I agree, it makes is look soooo much cleaner. I realize it's gonna be kinda hard, but your body guy seems like he can do it

eidk
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

I can't wait to see a finish product. I am loving each and every bit of this thing.

B-Radx240x
Car: 89 S13

Wow . . just wow . . This is amazing I love the car and how many of your ideas are coming true! This bodyman . . . is his name going to be etched into the car somewhere? lol Has the inverted hatch window been resized already? and are you still sticking with that wing you wanted?

gold on gold yo
Car: 95' s14 se

looks freakin nuts.

autox615
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

wow....props on your build I just read the whole thing! its coming together nicely.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:^I totally agree.

That's the one thing that bothered me with that ki or any other similar kits. The trunk line messes everything up.

However other than cutting and welding new metal, and refining... something will have to be done with the mechanism, so its easy to open lol.. and close.. can't let it fly around haha.. could use some hood pin/lock type things sure... but... yeah.. some things to consider. Maybe a GT wing would help :P lol.. just some thoughts, but I totally agree on that trunk line, I totally forgot to mention that myself

Also I would lose the r33 tail light lines and focus on ferrari-ish style taililghts

Modified by a_ahmed at 11:52 AM 9/15/2008
that was an old pic....the lines are not really there, see where he glassed over it, just a different color cause of the fiber glass.......so they already are ferrari-ish style

if i did cut the hatch there it would look like this....
B-Radx240x wrote:Wow . . just wow . . This is amazing I love the car and how many of your ideas are coming true! This bodyman . . . is his name going to be etched into the car somewhere? lol Has the inverted hatch window been resized already? and are you still sticking with that wing you wanted?
we haven't done anything to the hatch yet, prolly do that last when we chop the top and yes i'm still going with the wing but not as tall as before....just something to round off the trunk...like this
a_ahmed wrote:For underbody work check out sasha's s14 race car thread on ziptied.com . That's how it should be done... and that's what i'll eventually do to my track car.
if you can post pics, the would be helpful...i looked on the site but couldn't find much....
amolao wrote:I think you should try to keep the rear bumper clear alas 300ZX, just like in the pic with the diffuser. Grills will make it look too busy and "euro". The rear diffuser is going to look great. You bodyman is an artisan when it comes to bodywork...
can't do it anything like the 300zx cause my bumper goes much lower, thats why we cut out a spot for it.....and i'm sticking to the smaller rear vents like the ones i've posted in this post

and once again....thanks for all the support and kind words!

DMan II-40

i love that car, but i still think there is something missing between the tail lights. I cant figure out what would look good tho.

a_ahmed

well its still a better direction imho.. just it needs more refinment.. needs something to not be so plain, but not to be ricey. if possible more practical yet more refined.. could always look at ferrari pix and whatnot for ideas of maybe additional lines edges or something

and sasha's car i gotta find pix but ill post

presidential

I actually preferred the old bodyline by the taillights. When it is all smoothed in, it loses character and looks too blobby.

urcaptnspeaking
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion, 2001 Honda Accord, 1978 Trans Am

Pretty safe to say that when this is said and done no one will no what this car is but us. Also is your body man doing all the sanding by hand? What tools is he using to do this?

a_ahmed

Okay here are some pix of sasha's car... unfortunately i cant find the thread right now on ziptied for the build up of this i believe he used alumilite or whatever... check it out anyways

I definetely wana do this with my track car after i get some good experience some more... totally worth it no doubt... an actual practical downforce mod lol

the car is bad ***

urcaptnspeaking
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion, 2001 Honda Accord, 1978 Trans Am

Whats the plate made of?

amolao
Car: 1989 Hatchback (the first one...) w/ Autech sr20de S15

Just for example purposes, two rear shots of ferrari/vent style bumpers......

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

# 1 is absolutely terrible. 2 is semi-ok.

Ajax
2010 Mazda 5

a_ahmed wrote:

+10 for side exhaust. That's awesome.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed.......i would love something like that for my car but i would need someone with that knowlage to build it, plus they would need my car...
presidential wrote:I actually preferred the old bodyline by the taillights. When it is all smoothed in, it loses character and looks too blobby.
so did i, but thats something he did without asking....it would of took too much time to get it to a show quality finish wich = more money..but i'm not mad that he did it......but it is too late to go back though....
DMan II-40 wrote:i love that car, but i still think there is something missing between the tail lights. I cant figure out what would look good tho.
a_ahmed wrote:well its still a better direction imho.. just it needs more refinment.. needs something to not be so plain, but not to be ricey. if possible more practical yet more refined.. could always look at ferrari pix and whatnot for ideas of maybe additional lines edges or something

and sasha's car i gotta find pix but ill post
I'm thinking about something like this......it wouldn't look so blah and it wouldnt be rice cause it's reverse lights and my fuel cell sits right behind there.....by the way does anyone know wher i can buy one?(whats the tech name for it)

Sky240PWR

amolao wrote:

Just for example purposes, two rear shots of ferrari/vent style bumpers......
yeah....here's the same idea in black......i did this a page or so ago but everyone said it was too ferrari

Ajax
2010 Mazda 5

I like it.

a_ahmed

It's made from alumulite

DMan II-40

ahh, ports for the fuel cell. That is a very good idea, I like it. Not sure about the reverse lights tho. Mayb just wire some reverse light action in the tails you got already with some LEDs or something.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”