My Project (Jacquemond kit)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Roger_cha
Car: 91 nissan 240sx

wow those are some nice *** cars.

roadboy240sx
Car: I like Nissans

HOLY S@#T

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

Best 22 pages i have ever seen in my life

a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

lol at the love :P

Sky240PWR
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

anybody up for an update?......... so i was looking back through the 22 pages and realized some people that posted replies from the first 12 pages or so don't post any more(not everyone)...just wondering if i lost your intrest or are you still watching, just laying low..lol

p.s....give me 10-15 mins to upload some pics and i'll update
a_ahmed wrote:lol at the love :P
are you making fun of how people reply or just that they don't all feal the same as you........or are you just messing??

Modified by Sky240PWR at 4:25 PM 10/17/2008

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

I have been watching this build since the start. I don't remember what page I posted on first. I was a troll on this forum for about a year before I joined finally.

And honestly this is my favorite build, and your style is close to mine so it makes it cool. I love both of your others cars too.

Hcraig13
Car: 1992 240sx

^ i think he was messing???? About the chopped top- i really think its a great idea but with those MASSIVE rear fenders it just looks odd to me. Also im not trying to rag on you AT ALL so please dont get offended. A lot of supercars are very well proportioned. Yes they are low and wide but the tops never really that low. For example.

It just doesn't look that proportional to me but like i said before X10000000 for doing it.

Also with the bumper cracking- I would say it may not for a while but it anything ever tapes it it will probably crack and the clear coat me start to spider crack from the stiffness in that area. You dont want it too stiff.

Sky240PWR

ok......so i came home today and was going to check my email before i go rub one out......the car that is..lol...and sure enough, he sent a few pics of the front bumper with the vents in and stuff so i flew over and took some better angle pics with my trusty iphone....lol

I love the look from the front, it was exactly how i fantasized ...i mean thought it would look like

but from the side......there was one part that needs to be fixed(can't tell from the front view so much), which he his.........he's going to take this little hump off and follow the red line down, the hump was there from the lights that were there before....but all will be fixed....he also has to pull the left lower lip out alittle more, so he'll be cutting it again for that, eventually, he has to work on the wheel well to make it more rounded, instead of staight like it is....

....ok folks it's that time of the show.....can you guess.........................yes thats write.......photoshopping time!!!..lol

ok, here's a few angle pics of the front.......now see some of you look at these two pics and say ewwwww ...looks like ****... but i look at them and see what they'll could look like when finished....

and here's how i see them....i drew on some splitters and a front and side diffuser on one of them.....i'm doing the diffusers for sure, note sure on the splitters yet...

I have one more pic from the side i'm going to put up but will take a few....be back though.........what do you guys think?

future240owner
Car: 1992 240sx coupe SR20DET

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did. Chop top FTMFW.

Tell your body man he does great work.

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

I can't wait to see this thing finished, it is lookin good. You will get a magazine cover page on this thing for sure if you contact the right people. And I will be there to buy that magazine.

a_ahmed

NOW we're talking, excellent and i like the chopped and splitter pix hehe... now we're talking

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Sky240PWR wrote:ok......so i came home today and was going to check my email before i go rub one out......the car that is..lol...and sure enough, he sent a few pics of the front bumper with the vents in and stuff so i flew over and took some better angle pics with my trusty iphone....lol

I love the look from the front, it was exactly how i fantasized ...i mean thought it would look like

but from the side......there was one part that needs to be fixed(can't tell from the front view so much), which he his.........he's going to take this little hump off and follow the red line down, the hump was there from the lights that were there before....but all will be fixed....he also has to pull the left lower lip out alittle more, so he'll be cutting it again for that, eventually, he has to work on the wheel well to make it more rounded, instead of staight like it is....

....ok folks it's that time of the show.....can you guess.........................yes thats write.......photoshopping time!!!..lol

ok, here's a few angle pics of the front.......now see some of you look at these two pics and say ewwwww ...looks like ****... but i look at them and see what they'll could look like when finished....

and here's how i see them....i drew on some splitters and a front and side diffuser on one of them.....i'm doing the diffusers for sure, note sure on the splitters yet...

I have one more pic from the side i'm going to put up but will take a few....be back though.........what do you guys think?
STR8 SEX

wanna trade with my altima coupe 08?

Sky240PWR

Hcraig13 wrote:^ i think he was messing???? About the chopped top- i really think its a great idea but with those MASSIVE rear fenders it just looks odd to me. Also im not trying to rag on you AT ALL so please dont get offended. A lot of supercars are very well proportioned. Yes they are low and wide but the tops never really that low. For example.

It just doesn't look that proportional to me but like i said before X10000000 for doing it.

Also with the bumper cracking- I would say it may not for a while but it anything ever tapes it it will probably crack and the clear coat me start to spider crack from the stiffness in that area. You dont want it too stiff.
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!!!..LOLNo offense but i think you're wrong, most every super car is unproportioned, thats what makes them so sexy, the r8 is one that has a higher top but not the Mclaren...it just looks like it cause the windows are so long...........the list can go on and on...lambos, jag xj220, moslermt900s, vipers, saleen, ford gt, Bugatti Veyron, Maserati MC12, Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche Carrera GT, ect....you get the point..lol.....i played around with some pics to help prove my point.....the mclaren when viewed from the back, really looks no different from my tops height.......

the next one i already typed out...lol

now with all this said, i'm not saying you're wrong cause it's your opinion, but with my imagination and the help of my body man......i can't see me making this look bad

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:NOW we're talking, excellent and i like the chopped and splitter pix hehe... now we're talking
thats funny......i was typing all that out and photochopping before i had a chance to see your last post..lol

a_ahmed

Ever thought aboutt maing the rear end more square? Now that I think about it, exagerating the rear wider fenders with a wide flat cut might be nice if yhou know what i mean.... Like the enzo you know how there is a cut... or the f40.... or even the mclaren see how the rear end is all square.

I once was discussing design with my dad and he made a good point (after some brief observations) most of these cars that sport circular lights are square in design (the ones that look good). Just a thought... even the new f430 it really empowers the car's looks.

Lev_96_240sx
Car: 96 240sx

At first I wasn't sure about the front bumper vents (not that my opinion really matters on it), but after seeing it chopped and dropped it looks amazing, especially with the black lip.

I'm with the rest of the crowd, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:Ever thought aboutt maing the rear end more square? Now that I think about it, exagerating the rear wider fenders with a wide flat cut might be nice if yhou know what i mean.... Like the enzo you know how there is a cut... or the f40.... or even the mclaren see how the rear end is all square.

I once was discussing design with my dad and he made a good point (after some brief observations) most of these cars that sport circular lights are square in design (the ones that look good). Just a thought... even the new f430 it really empowers the car's looks.

Yeah...i wish my back quarter pannels didn't curve in, with they went all the way back but once again....that would be a big fab job..plus added weight...and like i said before, time is money....lol
DMan II-40 wrote: I have been watching this build since the start. I don't remember what page I posted on first. I was a troll on this forum for about a year before I joined finally.

And honestly this is my favorite build, and your style is close to mine so it makes it cool. I love both of your others cars too.
.....thanks man, that means alot to me.......and yes a_ahmed, you can lol at the love..lol
DMan II-40 wrote:I can't wait to see this thing finished, it is lookin good. You will get a magazine cover page on this thing for sure if you contact the right people. And I will be there to buy that magazine.
yeah...i'm counting on it....heart will be broken if not... ....i would love to get some overseas attention too....like the Ikeya car....everyone knows right away who built that car when they see it(well the ones who know all the companies..lol)...thanks again guys!

a_ahmed

Re-doing sheet metal on this side:[/QUOTE]

This is something I had in mind too. I know you don't have $$$ no more but.... if I had $$$ i'd consider some of those ideas lol.. then again.. sometimes better to do it right from the start all the way through if you venture into such a project but up to you haha :D

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:
This is something I had in mind too. I know you don't have $$$ no more but.... if I had $$$ i'd consider some of those ideas lol.. then again.. sometimes better to do it right from the start all the way through if you venture into such a project but up to you haha :D
what ideas are you talking about?....using sheet metal unstead of fiberglass.......it would of been easier to change some of the stuff i don't like and with fiberglass, there's alot more things you have to do, but on the plus side, fiberglass is lighter...... if i had the money, there's alot i would do different but i don't...lol...I'm not going to do anymore big changes...everything from here on out will be small ones(except the chop top)......so when you guys show me all these big changes that you think would look better.......please don't cause it kinda brings down my mentality, it reminds me that I'm in over my head(but going to finish nomatter what) and wish i had backing or rich parents..lol

on a side note here's a side view(chopped of corse)

Does anyone know a good company to get air struts from? I don't know much about them but from what i hear they're the best option as far as performance vehicles....unstead of bags and what not..........would love any feedback i can get, if anyone knows anything about this topic.....please help

a_ahmed

magnetic ride suspension like corvette or audi r8 would be ultimate... no idea who would offer such a thing aftermarket.. that shiznit is hardcore... no body roll + comfortable... damn...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=h-w3Nj335Sw

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=66x56Agm-YQ

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=B7sKOAl0cSU

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyf4rfT7bHU

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eSi6J-QK1lw

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8SEV-k0M4

Sky240PWR

...that would definitely be out of my budget!!!...lol...but would be so awsome!

Sky240PWR

has anyone hear of theses guys???

http://www.universalairsuspension.net/

i got that site from this site http://www.jats.co.jp/

it's a jdm company sort of speak, so i'll be adding to my jdm goodies!..lol...

they have alot of videos on youtube too..

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7lrW-M99g

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCCqUIa3EE

there's tons more..

just found this site too, they're from japan too.....they even have kits for nissan(not my year 240 though )

http://www.airrunnersystems.com/content/#
Modified by Sky240PWR at 8:31 PM 10/19/2008

s13 iDRIFT
Car: White s13 Hatch

it kinda looks like it has a 300zx rear end a little bit!

looks cool though!

a_ahmed

after seeing that hell no... spend instead that money on some high end set of coilovers from koni or bilstein or something :-/ Seeing that I imagine your car with chrome, gold, and diamonds scattered all around sporting 24 inch rims.... no

98koukile
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX LE

I would think you could get a koni strut setup with an airbag for the spring... Do like the newer lambos and just have air in the front and leave the back a little higher... those things keep the front lip an inch from the ground until you press the button

Sky240PWR

a_ahmed wrote:after seeing that hell no... spend instead that money on some high end set of coilovers from koni or bilstein or something :-/ Seeing that I imagine your car with chrome, gold, and diamonds scattered all around sporting 24 inch rims.... no
ok...no 24s, chrome, or diamonds.........but maybe i didn't make myself clear......i already bought the megan coilovers.....now i know, why did you spend 800 or whatever it was on coilovers and not buy better ones, it's cause when i was doing research on them, i heard mostly if not all good comments on them(except they weren't JDM) and i know, they're basically copies of a jdm one but whatever........that was all the money i had at the time......my point is do you know how hard it would be to get my hand that far back to the coilover to raise or lower the car......it would be a pain in the ***, it doesn't help that i'm a bigger guy either.....not to mention my 350z is slammed so low i can't get a jack under it....i have ramps to help....pain in the *** when i got a flat tire, not to mention getting it on a lift for oil changes or repairs, and with the 240, maybe even getting it on a trailer for shows.......so i need a air system that would help with all that and also help the performance of the cars handling.......i've already stated i don't know much about this but it looks like these two companies offer that...??

C3Sierra_S2000
Car: 1997 240SX SE LS swapped

Actually air systems if done properly make a very good suspension system. Obviously ride height is adjustable but your spring rate is also based on how much pressure is in the bag so you have infinite adjustment via the press of a button. Combine the bags with good adjustable shocks to dampen the bags and you have a really nice track suspension. Air Ride Technologies has a 66 or 67 Chevelle with their air bag suspension that pulls over 1g on the skidpad. Just because you have air adjustable suspension doesn't mean you have to ride on 22s. I have air ride on both of my Harley's and plan on running bags on my Chevelle when I build it. I actually never thought about it for my 240 but now I might have to look into it.

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Vert forum guys to the rescue:

zerothread/369178-air-suspension-for-vert-pics

from there, I think a few guys are able to order it - looks like D2 makes a set that would work for you - a few of our sponsors here carry D2, so they can probably help you out obtaining one.

There is an airbag suspension system mentioned in there that a member on here had & was selling (yokota180sx or something) - it was CST coilovers + an airbag setup & he tracked/drifted it - however, it's HIGHEST height is about the lowest height of a lot of coilovers, haha.

very nice progress by the way .

a_ahmed

No I meant if you're making this a performance vehicle, get performance oriented coilovers. LOL I think you got me wrong. I meant to say that I 'imagine' your car with that stuff if you get air bags... meaning, I don't expect a performance vehicle with air bags, mental picture is caddies, old chevvies or something like that with yo yo digg it 24 rims... not your car.

Megans are the 'better of the' made in china/taiwan coilovers on the low-end spectrum. There's plenty of them pick your color coilovers out there. Ksport, megans, are just the more common cheap yo i lowered my car yo yo coilovers. Yes some people use them on track and in competition (funnily enough) but then so what if they are, still doesn't make them good.

If you want suspension help and stuff to research especially for our cars come to http://www.nissanroadracing.com

pauliedrft
Car: 91 240sx

omg this thread is off its leash lovin it so far keep it up , take your time ... Well not to much tim though . i love it ...

Return to “240sx General Discussion”