2017 Rogue SL, dull rattling sound at highway speed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
isquattopee
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

I've got a sound I cant find or figure out. Only happens around 50+ mph. it's not a metallic rattle and it isnt accompanied by any shaking or imbalance in the car; sounds like a dull plastic slapping but again only north of 50mph. It almost sounds like the airdam flapping but I have cushioned and secured everything plastic underneath including the sideskirts in the wheel wells. No missing clips anywhere front or back. If I put the car in neutral the sound doesnt change and it doesnt vary with engine rpm. Nothing rattles when I go over bumps either, car is tight.

isquattopee
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

Anyone else have this issue with their 2017 Rogue?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to the forum. Word to the wise, do not assume that this problem is exclusive to your model year.
Rogue One wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm
:facepalm:

I'm not a betting man, but 99 out of 100 times when someone posts about "a rattling noise" it's the heat shield.
With the Rogue (regardless of year or generation) there's generally two causes for a rattling sound. It's either the Heat Shield or the CVT. In order to figure out exactly what you think you're hearing please read here:
Especially 4. WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT NOISES ARE... and -4a. POST VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR NOISES...
Have you SEARCHED the forum for possible answers? There's lots of discussion on 'rattles', so I've narrowed down the search for you.
Rogue Rattling Noise - Heat Shield?
Rattle/Creaking sound in front end
2014 Rogue rattle/grind driver side rear?? Intermittent
Rattling
Sound clip of CVT rattle
CVT Rattle/Noise - Discussion Thread

Return to “Rogue Forum”