What did you do to your M or Q Today ....

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
the1stTree
Car: 2009 M35 S
Technology Package

Updating my '09 M35S fog lights to blue LEDs from VLED. The fog lights are a pain to get to replace them.

Last edited by the1stTree on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Larz wrote:
I also added VHT to the side markers on the headlamp fixtures going very dark on the length of the reflector and leaving a small square with a lighter tint over the actual bulb so it still functions for safety but looks blacked out during daytme:

hey Larz, great job man!!! I'm looking to do something similar and cover up the side lenses (dark smoke tint so the amber lense won't be visible during the day)....

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Plenum and Throttle body mod - finally got it done....

I've been putting off the polished plenum & TB for quite sometime, so finally got it taken cared of. Keep in mind, I didn't do the polishing :biggrin: - I picked them up from a local seller on Infiniti forums....

with my core exchange, Sean (the seller) was able to remove my plenum & TB and install the shiny replacements :dblthumb:

took about an hour...while he was doing the job, we talked about cars - as usual - and was checking out his car collection... I was so impressed with his finished project, G35 track Beast!!!! (supercharged and dialed in)....

here's a few pix of the polished plenum and TB...I'm looking to replace the black Z tube with an aluminum Z tube....still contemplating of PRM air intake system.... :gotme

I'll be cleaning the engine bay once I get everything installed...

Throttle Body

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

Looking good my friend, keep it up! :dblthumb:

Godfoot
Car: 1994 GCZ32 Fairlady-Z
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z
1994 Toyota Supra MKIV Single Turbo

So I....Finally Decided to give m M some love, since she's been the redheaded step child the last few months so I bought her stuff!!!

'08 Front Bumper for $60!!!! :D Couldn't pass it up

R2C Intake!!! I can't recommend these intakes enough, I have never done business with a company that cares so much about their customers. They are based within 10 minutes of where I live and one of their guys stayed over an hour past their closing time so I could pick up my intake, and they had it powedercoated for me in like a day! PERFECT FITMENT. NO MODIFICATION. Everyone with a M45 should have this intake.

Wangtang408

Godfoot wrote:So I....Finally Decided to give m M some love, since she's been the redheaded step child the last few months so I bought her stuff!!!

R2C Intake!!! I can't recommend these intakes enough, I have never done business with a company that cares so much about their customers. They are based within 10 minutes of where I live and one of their guys stayed over an hour past their closing time so I could pick up my intake, and they had it powedercoated for me in like a day! PERFECT FITMENT. NO MODIFICATION. Everyone with a M45 should have this intake.
Congrats on the intake, what a steal!!! 60bucks for an 08 Bumper...I'm jealous!

Godfoot
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z

Wangtang408 wrote:
Godfoot wrote:So I....Finally Decided to give m M some love, since she's been the redheaded step child the last few months so I bought her stuff!!!

Congrats on the intake, what a steal!!! 60bucks for an 08 Bumper...I'm jealous!
Thanks man!!! Craigslist FTW!! always a good way to find cheap bumpers, and the intake was $212.00 picked up!! The 45 guys should really look into them they are waaaay cheaper than injen or weapon-r, and the quality of the product is FANTASTIC.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

NEW TIRES INSTALLED TODAY.

Hankook Ventus S1noble2 (H452 series) 255/45ZR/18 99W tread-500 trac-AA temp-A Ultra High Performance All Season

I decided to NOT buy Michelins this time (I always had Michelins until today). I had Micheln Pilot Sport A/S PLUS and these Hankooks were rated higher in every category on TireRack, yet they sell for less money and have a 5yr/50k mile waranty. Their test drive was also impressive and the customer reviews swayed me. So .... I reckon I am now the Nico guiney pig for this tire!
I purchased them on TireRack who delivered them to my local tire shop in 2 days time, and I had them installed, balanced, and aligned today. Mind you, we have a huge sand/wind/rain storm for us beach dwellers so my car is spotted from clingy sand and road mess. (The garage currently stuffed with Fetucini's car, my 68 Fleetwood, wind surfers, boards, and 2 jet skis).

I will post updates as these wear. Most experts tell you to wait about 500 miles before scrutinizing the performance as it takes nearly that long for the extra coatings and surface / form protectors applied when they leave the factory for storage at the distributor's whse. I'll post at about 1,000 miles in case you lot are wondering how they are doing.

*** GOOD INFO: My Infinit service guy told me (after buying from TireRack) that Infiniti has a "price match" policy and he could have probably matched or been within $5-7 of what TireRack charged me (incl shipping). So for about $5 more, I could have purchased the tires and had them installed at my Infiniti dealer oln the very same day for nearly the same price!
Last edited by Larz on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

CPJ LB wrote:
Larz wrote:
I also added VHT to the side markers on the headlamp fixtures going very dark on the length of the reflector and leaving a small square with a lighter tint over the actual bulb so it still functions for safety but looks blacked out during daytme:

hey Larz, great job man!!! I'm looking to do something similar and cover up the side lenses (dark smoke tint so the amber lense won't be visible during the day)....
Super easy to do. Just place a piece of painter's tape (cut to size) over the actual area where the bulb is, then apply 4-5 coats of VHT NIght Shades on the entire lens and tape. Then remove the painter's tape and spray 1-2 additional light coats over the entire lens so the area that was taped blends into the rest of the lens. Mine don't show at all during daylight, but at night they are plenty bright as you can see.

Here is a shot during daytime:

Vvsm45
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Wow $60 bucks lol what a steal!

Wangtang408

Got the grounding kit installed, gears shift must smoother especially in manual mode, the delay from 1st to 2nd is gone.
Thanks CPJ :dblthumb: for the hook up with SxExC. :mike

I know engine bay needs to be cleaned...next on the list!

Godfoot
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z

Wangtang408 wrote:Got the grounding kit installed, gears shift must smoother especially in manual mode, the delay from 1st to 2nd is gone.

It Really made that big of a difference? Do they have one for the 45? What did you pay?
Vvsm45 wrote:Wow $60 bucks lol what a steal!
Yea man!! Craigslist Finally Earned it's keep for once!! LOL
Last edited by Godfoot on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Wangtang408 wrote:Got the grounding kit installed, gears shift must smoother especially in manual mode, the delay from 1st to 2nd is gone.

No problem brotha!! Glad everything worked out well...You got that installed pretty quick, too :dblthumb:

I like the red!! I may need to get another set in that color :biggrin:

I agree...the shifting is now night and day different!! Did you also pay attention to the better light output of your headlights (if you have the xenon set up) as well as the sound system being clearer? That was the things I noticed after getting the grounding kit installed...I see you have the cold air intake, now get that polished upper plenum!!!! :naughty:

keep it up...look'n good!!!

Wangtang408

Installations took me about an hour, the last step, hooking the grounding wire to the gear box took the longest, getting under the car is always scary.. :tisk: Need to zip the wires to make it look cleaner.
Yes I have Xenon lights but haven't noticed yet, listened to radio this morning so no slumpin out of my subs. Will definitely check it out tonight when it's darker for the xenon.
I got a black CAI so It wouldn't be too noticeable with the engine covers...if I had gotten a polish intake then polish plenum for sure! A member is selling polish plenum for $100 shipped in the classified on Nico.
BUT since my CAI is black, I'm thinking about getting the plenum powder coated in black and get some RED nut/washer like Sean. I'm rolling with the engine cover until I can get the plenum powder coated, engine look so ugly without them.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Godfoot wrote:It Really made that big of a difference? Do they have one for the 45? What did you pay?
Ya I noticed good results too on gear shifts, especially manual mode. And as CPJ said, the audio is a little bit cleaner and just a little bit louder too. I paid $100 for mine WAY back years ago from SentientByDesign who was putting the kit together at the time and I did the test fit for him on that. So my kit was cheaper than the retail kit is/was.

Godfoot
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Godfoot wrote:It Really made that big of a difference? Do they have one for the 45? What did you pay?
Ya I noticed good results too on gear shifts, especially manual mode. And as CPJ said, the audio is a little bit cleaner and just a little bit louder too. I paid $100 for mine WAY back years ago from SentientByDesign who was putting the kit together at the time and I did the test fit for him on that. So my kit was cheaper than the retail kit is/was.
Cool! is this guy still on the forum? or do I need to open up Chrome? :chuckle:

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

^ @ GodFoot,

I just PM'd my buddy who sells the grounding kits....he's asking for a photo of the M45 engine bay without the covers on....if you or anyone else that has an M45 (DE motor 06-08) can PM me a pix, I'll pass it along....

he'll let me know what will be available....should be simple.

***EDIT****
He just text'd back and indicated he would need an M45 to test fit .... sorry. If anyone is local, PM me and I can help set up a time to meet up. He does a lot of the work out of his garage - lives in Corona...I'd probably go out there as well to do the meet and greet also, plus get some other stuff done to my car :biggrin:

Godfoot
1998 ER34 Skyline
1999 Infiniti Q45t
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
1978 Datsun 280Z

CPJ LB wrote:^ @ GodFoot,

I just PM'd my buddy who sells the grounding kits....he's asking for a photo of the M45 engine bay without the covers on....if you or anyone else that has an M45 (DE motor 06-08) can PM me a pix, I'll pass it along....

he'll let me know what will be available....should be simple.

***EDIT****
He just text'd back and indicated he would need an M45 to test fit .... sorry. If anyone is local, PM me and I can help set up a time to meet up. He does a lot of the work out of his garage - lives in Corona...I'd probably go out there as well to do the meet and greet also, plus get some other stuff done to my car :biggrin:
Dude!! Thanks for the update, i'm glad to provide some shots of the engine bay sans covers!! and on a side not where as I will be in the SoCal area for the rest of the week.... My car is sadly in Chicago :cry: would have gladly been a test mule.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

^ no problem!! we might have a quick fix -- if we can't get an M45 to test fit. I'll keep you posted.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

.....Added another relative to my M....

last month I added the '14 Altima....

last night I brought home the '14 Versa -- 4D sedan (Silver), 31mpg city / 40mpg hwy
it's gonna be my commuter car and I'll park the M during the week :biggrin:
...gonna throw on a tint this weekend!

EniGmA1987

Well I didnt exactly do it to my car yet, but I bought an engine last night :biggrin:

I needed a second engine so I can be getting work done on it and then drop it into my car when ready.
To do:
bore and sleeve engine along with stroker kit crankshaft to move from 3.5L to 4.3L of displacement.
move to +2mm oversized valves + high lift camshafts designed specifically for supercharger application
install direct port injection NOS using a +200HP 4 stage injection system

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Wangtang408: when you say delay gone between 1st and 2nd--I'm speaking of automatic mode--, do you mean like when you slam on the gas it now immediately takes off? Where as before it would drive for a couple seconds and then finally kick off when it decides? If so, wasn't the recall suppose to fix that?

Enigma1987: i know nothing about engines, so how much more HP will this get you. How much I was the engine? And what's your estimate to the total cost?
I'm on a quest to maximize my HP and torque for a reasonable price to HP ratio. So far I haven't seen one.
Last edited by TDot on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

EniGmA1987 wrote:Well I didnt exactly do it to my car yet, but I bought an engine last night :biggrin:

I needed a second engine so I can be getting work done on it and then drop it into my car when ready.
To do:
bore and sleeve engine along with stroker kit crankshaft to move from 3.5L to 4.3L of displacement.
move to +2mm oversized valves + high lift camshafts designed specifically for supercharger application
No turning back now. When shall we expect this job to be completed. 4 months?

EniGmA1987

TXT wrote:No turning back now. When shall we expect this job to be completed. 4 months?
No probably longer. A very good reputable shop will be very exact and perfect in their work, which takes time. And time to get custom pistons in, and have the pistons coated, get the new rods in, and make (or buy? not sure) the crankshaft, make the custom cam shafts, etc etc. I would expect it to be more like 8 months from a shop that can/will do the job right.
At least I bought a second engine to be doing this with so I can still enjoy my car in the meantime.

TDot wrote:Enigma1987: i know nothing about engines, so how much more HP will this get you. How much I was the engine? And what's your estimate to the total cost?
I'm on a quest to maximize my HP and torque for a reasonable price to HP ratio. So far I haven't seen one.
I am expecting somewhere around 550 wheel HP with the things I listed above.
The engine cost me $650 which is a pretty good deal. The work will probably cost me $9000 or so. Partly because performance parts for this type of engine are just really expensive, partly because the level of precision required and the huge amount of time involved.
It comes out to about $27 per HP increased really.
After this stuff I will be saving up and having my transmission upgraded quite a bit, that will probably cost about $3500 by itself with 0HP gains. Doing that for both reliability at these high HP and to prepare for the next mod which is a supercharger.
Once all this is done, if I still feel like it (in like a year and a half lol) then I might put a supercharger on and go for a 20-25psi pully. With the supercharger and all the rest I will probably end up around 800HP.
At which point I will need to move up to 22" rims so that I don't spin the tires as much off the line. This is going to be a beast when it is completed, and hopefully the fastest M in the world :biggrin: lol

TDot wrote:Wangtang408: when you say delay gone between 1st and 2nd--I'm speaking of automatic mode--, do you mean like when you slam on the gas it now immediately takes off? Where as before it would drive for a couple seconds and then finally kick off when it decides? If so, wasn't the recall suppose to fix that?
The recal only fixes an issue where in some very rare cases, when under certain conditions the car could go into limp mode at high speeds and you lose power. It covers nothing else and nothing else is affected.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Nice find on the engine Enigma!! good luck with the build.

I have been doing some research regarding to beef up my engine as well....I might pull the trigger with GTM since they have several engine options...and pick up the TransGo kit... I'm still waiting on the new M to come out or even the new Maxima...if they are a hit, then I'll keep my 06 M 'as is'.

here's a few:

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product.ph ... 473&page=1

or something similar to your plans:

EniGmA1987

CPJ LB wrote:Nice find on the engine Enigma!! good luck with the build.

I have been doing some research regarding to beef up my engine as well....I might pull the trigger with GTM since they have several engine options...and pick up the TransGo kit... I'm still waiting on the new M to come out or even the new Maxima...if they are a hit, then I'll keep my 06 M 'as is'.

here's a few:

or something similar to your plans:

I am probably going to get my work done at GTM as well since they are down the street from where I live. Be warned though, if you do go with them expect it to take a LONG time. I was in there a few weeks ago and they have like 30 cars in there being worked on, mostly G's and Z's and the wait time is 3-6 months before they will start on whatever you want. But ya, they do great work if you are willing to wait for it and pay for it.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

An 800hp M is something definitely worth seeing. Anyway, I can't justify $9000 on a car I don't expect to be my main car in 3 years, and then to upgrade the tranny and other stuff. I was expecting you to come back with 100hp more lol. Oh well, I got to stay on my hunt. Good luck with everything.

Wangtang408

[quote="TDot"]Wangtang408: when you say delay gone between 1st and 2nd--I'm speaking of automatic mode--, do you mean like when you slam on the gas it now immediately takes off? Where as before it would drive for a couple seconds and then finally kick off when it decides? If so, wasn't the recall suppose to fix that?

@TDot - When I said delay from 1st to 2nd, I mean when I drop it in "Sports Shift" or "Manual Mode". Like flooring from 1st to 2nd it wouldn't shift smoothly, there would be a small delay before it goes to 2nd, with the grounding kit that delay went away and shifts smoothly now.
On "Automatic Mode" it always shifted smoothly, I got the recall done too back in Dec.

Wangtang408

EniGmA1987 wrote:
TXT wrote:No turning back now. When shall we expect this job to be completed. 4 months?
No probably longer. A very good reputable shop will be very exact and perfect in their work, which takes time. And time to get custom pistons in, and have the pistons coated, get the new rods in, and make (or buy? not sure) the crankshaft, make the custom cam shafts, etc etc. I would expect it to be more like 8 months from a shop that can/will do the job right.
At least I bought a second engine to be doing this with so I can still enjoy my car in the meantime.

TDot wrote:Enigma1987: i know nothing about engines, so how much more HP will this get you. How much I was the engine? And what's your estimate to the total cost?
I am expecting somewhere around 550 wheel HP with the things I listed above.
The engine cost me $650 which is a pretty good deal. The work will probably cost me $9000 or so. Partly because performance parts for this type of engine are just really expensive, partly because the level of precision required and the huge amount of time involved.
It comes out to about $27 per HP increased really.
After this stuff I will be saving up and having my transmission upgraded quite a bit, that will probably cost about $3500 by itself with 0HP gains. Doing that for both reliability at these high HP and to prepare for the next mod which is a supercharger.
Once all this is done, if I still feel like it (in like a year and a half lol) then I might put a supercharger on and go for a 20-25psi pully. With the supercharger and all the rest I will probably end up around 800HP.
At which point I will need to move up to 22" rims so that I don't spin the tires as much off the line. This is going to be a beast when it is completed, and hopefully the fastest M in the world :biggrin: lol

BEAST MODE!!!

LouCast

EniGmA1987 wrote:Well I didnt exactly do it to my car yet, but I bought an engine last night :biggrin:

To do:
What engine management system are you going to be using? At that power level, you are going to need to run a return fuel line, something these cars don't have.
Why are you going up to 22 inch rims? The rolling mass is going to kill you off the line, stay in the 19-20 inch range, better off with 19's to put the power to the ground. As for transmission, yeah definitely an upgrade will be needed, if I may offer an opinion, contact level 10 transmissions, Pat the owner will build your transmission based on your engine upgrades and will guarantee the work and stand behind it, if it breaks, he will rip it apart to see what failed and make it stronger. He worked on plenty of Titan and Armada trans, including mine when I had my truck.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”