Manufacturer Extended Warranty (Security+Plus)!!!

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
kchunduri
Car: 2019 Infiniti QX60 LUXE
2018 Nissan Murano SL

I searched all posts in NICOCLUB regarding Extended warranty, but couldn't find any recent posts regarding this.

I recently bought a Pre-Owned 2018 Nissan Murano and just started hearing about the CVT issues thru few friends.
This vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty for now, but I am looking to purchase an extended Nissan Security+Plus warranty.

Did any of you do the research recently and purchase a Manufacturer Extended Warranty? If yes, can you please provide me who did you get the best quotes from.

Appreciate your inputs on this. Thank you!!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

For what it's worth, people's opinions on extended warranties pretty much aren't going to change. The info in those older posts is just as relevant today as they were when they were first posted.

kchunduri
2018 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue One wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:20 pm
:welcome:

For what it's worth, people's opinions on extended warranties pretty much aren't going to change. The info in those older posts is just as relevant today as they were when they were first posted.
Thank you; I am actually looking for references for dealers having the best prices (usually high volume dealers) on Nissan Security+Plus Extended Warranty; I am looking for people's opinions on extended warranties. I tried 1 or 2 number that found from a thread several years back, but no luck with those.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Found this when searching the internet.
in Florida. A couple days after buying the van, I paid $755.00 for the Nissan Gold Preferred 60 month/75000 mile warranty through VOB Nissan in Rockville, MD. I am in Florida and they sell the warranty without the dealer mark up which is usually 100%. They sell it at COST.
As for prices, your best bet is to shop around to get the current prices on the specific plan you're interested in. You can either take the lowest offer, or try negotiating a better rate.

You didn't find any useful information in these threads?
Nissan / Infiniti EXTENDED warranty information
Extended Warranty? Best place to buy?
Extended Warranty....worth it or not?
Did you get Extended Warranty for your Rogue?
Why You Need a 3rd-Party Extended Warranty on your Nissan or Infiniti
Extended warranty companies
Extended warranty?
dealer extended warranty decision? what would you do, in my situtation
Why You Shouldn't Buy an Extended Warranty on a New Car

kchunduri
2018 Nissan Murano SL

Rogue One wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:20 pm
Found this when searching the internet.
in Florida. A couple days after buying the van, I paid $755.00 for the Nissan Gold Preferred 60 month/75000 mile warranty through VOB Nissan in Rockville, MD. I am in Florida and they sell the warranty without the dealer mark up which is usually 100%. They sell it at COST.
As for prices, your best bet is to shop around to get the current prices on the specific plan you're interested in. You can either take the lowest offer, or try negotiating a better rate.

You didn't find any useful information in these threads?
Nissan / Infiniti EXTENDED warranty information
Extended Warranty? Best place to buy?
Extended Warranty....worth it or not?
Did you get Extended Warranty for your Rogue?
Why You Need a 3rd-Party Extended Warranty on your Nissan or Infiniti
Extended warranty companies
Extended warranty?
dealer extended warranty decision? what would you do, in my situtation
Why You Shouldn't Buy an Extended Warranty on a New Car
Hi - Thanks for checking it for me; I went thru every old thread since past 20 years and called up several. They numbers aren't either working (or) not picking up (or) they don't sell Nissan Manufacturer warranties. Only 1 among them provided their price which is extremely high. $4700 for 8 year 120k miles :mad:

The one VOB Nissan that you mentioned above; I cant even see a dealership with that name in Rockville, MD. I searched by address too, but couldn't find any Nissan dealer; their facebook page says car dealership but their website http://www.vobautosales.com/ does not work anymore.

I already started negotiating the extended warranties with all local dealers; but at the end i got to know that Owning Nissan Extended Warranty is the most expensive of all. My BMW Manufacturer extended warranty for 7 years/100k miles was $2800; can't imagine how an economy car Nissan Manufacturer Warranty is this expensive. Probably, because of CVT which everyone has been talking about as an issue?

Anyways, thanks for checking. Appreciate it.

Return to “Murano Forum”