Did you get Extended Warranty for your Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
metabo
Car: 2009 Rogue S AWD

When I bought my Rogue a month ago, I declined the extended warranty that the dealer was pushing (which extended the warranty period from the original 3 years 36K to 7 years unlimited). It seemed overpriced and was from a third party warranty group that was not Nissan.

Now, reading about the CVT problems, and a number of cases of people having their CVTs replaced under warranty, I am wondering if I should have gotten it. Is it still possible for me to get extended warranty from Nissan that would cover such CVT problems? Would it be more expensive to get now rather than at time of car purchase?

Have you gotten the extended warranty, and how much did it cost?

Any comments appreciated!

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe S 2.5

Take a look at this thread...

zer...-plan

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

metabo wrote:When I bought my Rogue a month ago, I declined the extended warranty that the dealer was pushing (which extended the warranty period from the original 3 years 36K to 7 years unlimited). It seemed overpriced and was from a third party warranty group that was not Nissan.

Now, reading about the CVT problems, and a number of cases of people having their CVTs replaced under warranty, I am wondering if I should have gotten it. Is it still possible for me to get extended warranty from Nissan that would cover such CVT problems? Would it be more expensive to get now rather than at time of car purchase?
Not to worry. You have until the vehicle hits 36,000 miles to purchase a genuine Protection Plus package from Nissan. I also elected to pass on the dealer option. The price wasn't bad but adding the protection package onto the bottom line of the invoice at sale pushed the deal into a price range I was trying to avoid. Another reason I held off was the Finance manager told me the warranty started immediately. I asked why would I buy a 3 year warranty on a car that starts right away if it already has a 3 year warranty. He said the protection Plus was better in what it covered.

Yeah right... I decided if I'm going to lay out money for an extended warranty I want it to start when the manufacturers warranty is getting ready to expire. I certainly saw no benefit in having them expire at the same time. From my shopping around I've found I can get the package for about the same price the dealer quoted at the time of my sale. Based on the "cost" associated with CVT transmission repairs I'm definitely going to get the warranty. Its cheap by comparison.

As recommended by mlmcgahee... check out the link he provided.

koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Also, you will see if during the the first 3 years or 60k km, if you have or not some problems with the Rogue.

If you have no problem, why buying a extended warranty?

nissansport12

Take a look at this website before you make your decision on an extended warranty....

http://www.warrantyreports.com

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

That website sure doesn't have much information about aftermarket warranties and the only negative I could quickly find from them was to stay away from USFidelis. The way the site is designed, it makes me wonder if it isn't just a front for promoting the three "reviewed" companies they list. Two of which are just brokers.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

As someone who has bought a Nissan Security+ Gold Preferred, I can honestly say it was totally worth it. I've already had about $550 in service done (All 4 TPMS Sensors) and my shifter knob bottom plastics replaced. I bought it when I was at 35,200 mi and now I'm at 40,000 mi.

The amount of repairs is approximately 1/3 of what I paid for my warranty. I have 60,000 miles left on the warranty and I'm beginning to think that I will definitely get my money's worth out of the warranty.

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

nissansport12 wrote:Take a look at this website before you make your decision on an extended warranty....

http://www.warrantyreports.com
Actually the original poster was questioning his decision about not buying the "Nissan Extended Warranty" from the dealership at the time of his purchase. I agree that there are several "after market" extended warranty programs that have been real nightmares for some people. (i.e. parts not covered, parts not original Nissan parts, some repairs not covered, hidden charges, money lost etc etc.)

I would caution people to do some serious research if they are looking into buying an extended warranty "other than" one from Nissan. I've read nothing but good things about the Nissan Extended Warranty when repairs were needed. Two of the biggest advantages are the warranty is honored by all Nissan dealerships and the repairs are all done using only Nissan genuine parts. The only gamble is you will spend the money for the warranty and your Nissan vehicle never breaks down or needs a repair, then you are out the money you paid for the warranty. If you are only planning on keeping the car for 3 years or less than I would not buy the warranty as the Rogue and other Nissan vehicles are covered for the first 3 years.

Personally I keep all my vehicles until the wheels fall off. (avg. about 15 years). For this reason I WILL be buying the Nissan extended warranty just before my Rogue reaches the 36,000 mile mark.

Here's a link to Frequently Asked Questions in regards the Nissan Extended warranty:

http://www.nissanextendedwarra....html

The link below is to a site (one of many) that offers the GENUINE Nissan Extended Warranty. I like this site because they give you the dollar amounts online! Most sites require you to give them your email address or a phone number before they will give you a quote on the warranty. I avoid those when possible. I figure if they can't give me the price online like the more competitive sites I'm not interested in what they are selling. I'm including the link below for reference purposes only. Be sure to shop around for the "Nissan Extended Warranties" because while they are all offering the same selection of Nissan Warranties... the prices can be quite different. Shop for the best price. (NOTE: As mentioned earlier you do not need to buy it from your local dealer. You can buy it from any Nissan authorized provider regardless of where they are located.)

http://nissanwarrantystore.com...ULLiA

roadside
Car: Black '09 Rogue SL FWD (Canadian)

Does Nissan offer these extended service plans in Canada? Can I buy one after 2-3 years at 56000km (35000mi)? I couldn't find anything on Nissan Canada's website about being able to buy the plan after the original sale. The dealer only mentioned that I had up to 30 days.

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Elton Noway wrote:The link below is to a site (one of many) that offers the GENUINE Nissan Extended Warranty. I like this site because they give you the dollar amounts online! Most sites require you to give them your email address or a phone number before they will give you a quote on the warranty. I avoid those when possible. I figure if they can't give me the price online like the more competitive sites I'm not interested in what they are selling. I'm including the link below for reference purposes only. Be sure to shop around for the "Nissan Extended Warranties" because while they are all offering the same selection of Nissan Warranties... the prices can be quite different. Shop for the best price. (NOTE: As mentioned earlier you do not need to buy it from your local dealer. You can buy it from any Nissan authorized provider regardless of where they are located.)

http://nissanwarrantystore.com...ULLiA
Definitely shop around. I used the company Elton mentioned and was happy with them.

RedVenom
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Did you get Extended Warranty for your Rogue?

YES.

highrev2010
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Another advantage of having the Gold preferred warranty is the roadside assistance package.

DanTheMan
Car: 2010 RogueSL Wickid Black Premium

I never get extended warranties for anything I buy. There is sooooo much mark up in them. The CVT has 10y/120K on it and if I have any serious issues with my Rogue before 3y/36K is over, then I will elect to buy it. The warranty seemed very redundant with the Nissan one.

Cheers!

RogueGuy45
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

As long as their are sign and drive leases for good monthly payment I will never buy an extended warranty.

Return to “Rogue Forum”