2016 Rogue SVAWD Heat Shield problems

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
turky
Car: 2016 Rogue SV AWD

Had vehicle in to repair problem with heat shield. 60KM on this Rogue. I was told that I would be charged for the repair and I complained saying I thought everything was covered under the extended warranty. They said this wasn't because it was due to corrosion. So they proceeded to remove both the front and back heat shield (they said they had been reattached previously. I was not aware that they had been touched before. They said they did not find anything in their records.

My question is "Will this removal have any negative consequences"? I feel they should not have removed them without asking me first. They said it costs more to replace them then they are worth.

This isn't an old vehicle (3.5 years on the road) so it doesn't give me a good feeling about the dependability of the Nissan vehicles.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Of course the heat shield is there for a purpose.

Mine was making noise and I just attached a plastic clip to stop the rattling. If your able bodied, it’s good to peek under there instead of Nissan charging you to fix something.

Mine is not corroded after 10 years because it don’t snow much.

I usually touch up rust on the underbody with rust convertor and a paintbrush.

Used a spray can version sometimes.

Had to spray the axles arms since those were rusty since my dumb dealership wanted to just replace the boots instead of a new replacement. Runs great but the repair cost would have been close to a new axle.

Good luck with your dealer.

turky
Car: 2016 Rogue SV AWD

Filled out survey when it came in. Reported exactly what happened and Service manager called back and said they were sorry that the advisor did not ask me what I wanted done and instead just removed the shields. I would probably cost about $400 to replace them.
They also went on to say that the function of them was to prevent starting a fire if the vehicle was in tall grass. So they are not to shield the vehicle from the exhaust heat,
Glad they apologized but really made no other offer to try to make me more pleased about having this vehicle.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

MrX.
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I had the same problem with my 14 Rogue, tried fixing it a few times and it would fall and rattle again, finally got fed up and ripped it out entirely

Return to “Rogue Forum”