About that time again....drift car build thread

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
chixwithtrix
Car: Black '91 240sx drift car

Engine/Performance-R33 series 2 RB25det with HKS head gasket, head studs-Greddy RB25 intake manifold-Garrett 3076r .82ar turbo-6Boost tubular manifold-Power FC stand alone ecu-z32 maf-Nismo fuel pressure regulator-Tomei 740cc injectors-McKinney custom engine mounts-Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft-Nismo copper mix clutch/flywheel package-Welded differential-Griffin aluminum radiator-3" intercooler v-mount-HKS sequential BOV-dual e-fans-3" downpipe to straight pipe-ATV battery-Summit fuel pressure gauge

Suspension/Wheels-Tein front coilovers, JIC rear coilovers-Tien Camber Plates-Tein front Tension rods-Aftermarket Sway bars-SPL Subframe Spacers-SPL Rear upper control arms-diff brace-SPL adjustable toe links-SPL braided front/rear brake lines-Replaced Hicas subframe with regular subframe-ABS delete-5-lug hubs-5Zigen 17X10 +12 offset wheels-Cobra 17" wheels

Exterior-Seibon carbon fiber rear hatch w/ lexan window-custom vented stock hoof-30mm rear overfenders-M-Sports body kit

Interior-5 pt racing harness-SPL bucket racing seat-Removed rear seat/seatbelts/carpet and painted black-Dash switch panel for start switch and e-fans-Dash gauge cluster-HKS boost gauge-Greddy oil pressure gauge-stripped sound deadening

8/11/08About to start another round of mods so I thought I would post up the progress.

Currently '91 240sx w/ a stock KA. Bought it last year and immediately tore it down to make it drift ready, the first part of the thread will include those mods. It is a track-only car and has been to 5 drift events, about to start an engine swap in a few days.

New stuff on the table:First in line - RB25 swap w/ HKS 2835 Pro S turboIn the process of purchasing - complete 5 lug swap, body kit

Now on to the pics/build...

1st drift event right after we bought the car - cheap lugs were tightened too hard and stripped causing 3 studs to sheer off in in the rear. The rear drivers side brakes kept locking up and had to be bled and freed up a few times. The power steering had some kind of leak and it was like moving an elephant around the track (hicas equipped car). The stock seats were so bad I was lifting off the throttle to brace myself.

stock engine bay

New Koyo radiator installed

Yeah...125K miles KA

New gauge cluster

Pulled tranny for clutch swap

flywheel...yuck

New 6 puck clutch

Putting on Seibon carbon fiber hatch/lexan window woohoo!

Cleaning off the valve cover

Almost finished cover

On the car

Goodies - SPL brake lines for all 4, subframe bushings (later traded for subframe spacers, ran out of time)

Putting on the brake lines, ARP studs

New intake setup, pulled battery and relocated in hatch, less heat soak and shorter. Cheap 'n good!

Bad power steering pressure line.

Picked up a normal power steering line, had to modify the banjo part to fit, metal grinder is good.

VLSD out, welded diff in

Cleaned up engine bay!

Picked up a bucket racing seat w/ 5 pt harness. Now I'll stay in that damn seat! Also threw an S14 seat w/ 4 pt harness in the passenger.

^ that was the first month after we picked up the car. Hear are the latest mods within the last month.

Paint was fogging in the center of the hood and on the roof. Used a couple grits of rubbing compound to clear it up. This is not finished here, came out very smooth and black

Bought the car with KYB AGX suspension, took it to a few drift events and it was quite soft. Time to get rid of them

A buddy traded us his Koni threaded shocks w/ Eibach lowering springs and Tien camber plates. Nice to get it for free hehe. Much stiffer and more tunable.

After a drift event we picked up this CF hood for cheap, was in a wreck and was not fixed correctly. The front darker parts are covered with sticky, unhardened resin..yuck.

Ended up having to remove the resin with physical force, ground it off

The dull areas are the stripped parts, and the lumpy looking areas are...well lumps of unhardened resin. PITA to sand that down, still working on it, more pics to come from the hood

Thats it for now on the build pics, need to upload the latest pics and will post in a bit.

Current mod list

Non-engine Mods:-Aftermarket rear suspension arms-Koni threaded shocks-Eibach lowering springs-Adjustable front Tension rods-Aftermarket Sway bars-SPL Subframe Spacers-5Zigen 17" wheels-Unknown 17” wheels-SPL braided front/rear brake lines-Seibon carbon fiber rear hatch w/ lexan window-Carbon fiber vented hood (not mounted yet)-ARP wheel studs/Gorilla lug nuts-5 pt racing harnesses on driver and passenger side-Corbeau bucket racing seat-S14 passenger seat-Removed rear seat/seatbelts/carpet-Six puck racing clutch-New stock flywheel-Welded differential-working on swapping hicas rear subframe for an non-hicas subframe

Engine Mods-Custom intake-Koyo aluminum radiator-Electric fans-Custom painted valve cover-Short pipe exhaust-Relocated battery to hatch area-Greddy fitting for water temp gauge

Modified by chixwithtrix at 9:19 AM 6/26/2009
Modified by chixwithtrix at 11:38 PM 7/29/2009

veebee
Car: 2005 EVO VIII

i have been shocked and awed

+2, really nice job

pflicht
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx - SOLD
2000 Lincoln LS - DEAD
1997 Nissan Maxima - DD
1991 Nissan 240sx - Project

Awesome! Do you have any pix of the RB motor?

I also noticed that you have very nice, how should i put this delicately, bewbs.

ThuG LyFe
Car: 95 S14

very nice, i think ur the 2nd girl i've seen with a 240sx that actually drifts...better than me lol. love the hatch!

veebee
Car: 2005 EVO VIII

pflicht wrote:Awesome! Do you have any pix of the RB motor?

I also noticed that you have very nice, how should i put this delicately, bewbs.

i seriously just laughed for ~5 minutes straight

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

+1 for Female Drifter/Gear head

80% of the Male population on here would probably call you there dreamgirl

and another +1 on the RB swap

and vids of you drifting?

tctomasc
Car: 95 240sx

Sick build. Can't wait to see more.
E7-S14 wrote:+1 for Female Drifter/Gear head

80% of the Male population on here would probably call you there dreamgirl
WORD. I mean I settle for girls that drive stick, but one that drifts!!

Jesus I'd love to find a girl that drifts and is a gear head.

sldewyz
Car: 97' Danger Ranger

lookin good sofar..i dream of a chuki front end..

isnt a dremel tool amazing? i use one all the time

night240
Car: Nissan 95

nice drift and good progress.

heartofaskyline
Car: 1992 hatch, 1993 sr20 coupe

please tell me you have a hot younger sister thats over 18 and likes everything you do. if so ill swap you a cookie for her

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

veebee wrote:

i seriously just laughed for ~5 minutes straight
me too

J240sx
Car: 89 240sx

I kept thinking that its cool that your girlfriend is helping you out with you car.. And then i realized that it's your car. Even better. Keep the updates coming.

chixwithtrix

hahahaha, yeah, I'm a chick that drifts and love 240s. Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm looking forward to the build. If we don't go to the drift event this weekend we'll be starting to prep the car and RB tomorrow for the swap. Woohoo!

Just ordered a new Greddy timing belt, belt tensioners, and starter. All that should be arriving soon. Still need to find a center cover though...

Now onto some more pics

Pulling the RB from the truck a few days ago...might have been harder then trying to get it into the car haha

mmmmmm

Greddy Intake manifold

Radiator and intercooler core, probably will just sell these and keep the Koyo. Need to see how much it would be to weld tanks on the intercooler first.

HKS turbo

Going to use the McKinney mounts for the swap, new Tomei 740cc injectors

Apexi PFC ECU

slo_coupe
Car: 90 240sx fastback

WOW!!!!!! i love a chick that likes gettin her hands dirty...... And who can drive her *** off!!!!

Nice build!!!!!!!!

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Regarding your car being hicas, good call swapping out the subframe. You can get by with just eliminating the rear steering (lock out the rear rack, crimp the lines, remove and bypass the hicas module - but you'll still end up carrying the extra weight and you'll lose the ability to modify the rear toe arms.

Been there, done that.

By the way, awesome build! Good luck with the rest!

srpowered240sx
Car: 90 240sx-sr, 92 F-150, 00 bmw 323ci, 1991 s13 coupe, 99 F250 Dsl

jon is impressed. and it takes a lot to impress jon.

sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

kick-a$$ nice work.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

definately gonna be sick can't wait to see it done

Crautz240
Car: 92 240sx Hatch

What color was the paint you used on the valve cover??

ag240
Car: 1993 Hatch, 1989 Hatch SE, 2010 Fronty SE

J240sx wrote: I kept thinking that its cool that your girlfriend is helping you out with you car.. And then i realized that it's your car. Even better. Keep the updates coming.
hahaha i did too

+1 for the whole project, and being a female.

xckid
Car: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2

woah howd i miss this thread! :D

tctomasc
Car: 95 240sx

Is that an s13 sr next to the RB?

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

tctomasc wrote:Is that an s13 sr next to the RB?
doesn't look turboed..and the alternator is on the wrong side..

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

srpowered240sx wrote:jon is impressed. and it takes a lot to impress jon.
NOT really.....

car looks amazing. wish my car was that clean to begin with. def will be even more sweet with the boost. def going to want to upgrade to some electric fans!

glad to see another girl roming this land of leg humpers.....

just make sure your leg wears protection. god only knows what some of these children have gotten into in the past

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

ca18detgabby wrote:just make sure your leg wears protection. god only knows what some of these children have gotten into in the past
I wouldn't worry too much about that with this group of virgins

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

tctomasc wrote:Is that an s13 sr next to the RB?
It's FWD. You can tell by the lack of a CAS on the front section of the VC.

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

Hijacker wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about that with this group of virgins
well least that means you and jon are safe

chixwithtrix

haha, Nico Club is tame compared to my local 240sx forumsAlready have low pro electric fans that we used with the KA/Koyo so one thing off the list that we don't need to buy, woohoo

As for the questions - the KA's valve cover was painted with some kind of ceramic paint we picked up at the auto parts store. I think it was some kind of silver or graphite color.

The engine next to the RB is my boyfriend's f'd up NA SR from from his G20...which now has a SR20det swapped in from a Bluebird. Great car, just a shame it is fwd.

Going out to the garage tomorrow to start on assembling the RB and disassembling the 240's engine bay. Just picked up some handy tools (mig welder, air compressor, electric impact stuff). Hopefully more pics and updates soon!

xX RB Xx
Car: SE3P, FC3S, FC3C.

ballin *** car.. keep up the good work and keep us updated

edwinS13
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx s13 fastback

WOW thats all i gotta say

Return to “240sx General Discussion”