M35 Aluminum Under Tray - Test Fitting

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

So thanks to (Mike) EniGmA1987 - I am designing and making an aluminum under tray to replace the stock plastic one.

FB thread here has rough prototype picture
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think Mike will be down next Saturday to do what is *hopefully* final fitment.

*** Update 6/22/14 *** (added by IlyaKol)

A new tray for the M45 guys has been tested.
Six_Legs wrote:For the M45 owners...
Put the tray on this AM and the fit is perfect. The small removable flap does give access to the drain plug but not the filter, ours is on the drivers side. There is a gap to fit your hand thru but no way to get a filter wrench around it. You would still have to drop the tray.
The other issue is once I dropped the car and started it up I could feel the engine vibrating the whole car. Drove it around the block to see if it would stop but no luck. Put it back on the lift to remove and vibration is gone.

Filter not a big deal but vibration in the cabin is.

Please PM Tollboothwilley for pricing information!

*** Update 7/12/14 *** (added by IlyaKol)

A new tray for the M35 (RWD) guys has been successfully tested.
CPJ LB wrote:OK, I finally had time to install the aluminum under tray - splash guard….First off, I’d like to give props to TBW for designing and putting a great mod together for the M’s…I saw his work on the G Forums and knew that if he’d make it for the M, it would be a good thing….

The shipping was done quickly and it was sent to me via UPS. I had the package within 3 days after ordering it. The item came packaged really good and wrapped for extra protection.

there are two pieces and the bolts/screws are included. I was getting my oil changed and had the mechanic take out the old plastic under tray and install the aluminum tray

here are some pix…also, which caught me by surprise when the car was being lowered down, I noticed that the Infiniti emblem that is cut-out of the front piece of the under tray is visible through my lower front mesh grille…I took some photos from the side….nice touch…

I must say, this piece will fit the ‘08 M’s since it is a perfect match to my ’08 sport bumper (I swapped out the ’06 bumper some time ago)….No noise from the engine bay, I think I have better air flow due to the slits and vents in the under tray....enjoy and again, thanks to TBW for making the product for the M!!!

boxed up and arrived in great condition

wrapped for protection

front piece

back plate with oil access door

pleasant surprise with Infiniti emblem from under tray shown through front bumper mesh

*** Update 10/2/14 *** (added by IlyaKol)

A new tray for the M35x (AWD) guys has been successfully developed. Below is the tray on my car (2007 M35x).
tollboothwilley wrote:Alright M35X guys - We are ready for those who want one. Please post up to let me know - I want to make sure I have enough for those who want one.

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

I want one too! looks pretty sick! Wonder how they are withstanding in rain.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

GQM45s wrote:I want one too! looks pretty sick! Wonder how they are withstanding in rain.
It is aluminum, which is way stronger and better looking than the flimsy plastic crap the stock one is made from, but aluminum also resists rusting quite a bit. Technically it "doesnt rust". It anything, the exhaust and other things underneath will rust far more than this will because they are made of steel which rusts very easily. So I really wouldnt worry about it.

Also, this does look really awesome. And ya I will be doing another test fit this weekend.
Last edited by EniGmA1987 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Looks awesome! :dblthumb: Love the Infiniti symbol for sure!

If still possible, I'd suggest adding a flap or an opening to provide access to the oil filter and engine oil drain plug.

That makes it easier to change the oil on my Y34 (2003 M45). :yesnod

Z

tollboothwilley

There is an oil door. Look at picture closely.

Aluminum doesn't rust so no issues with that. It can oxidize but nothing to worry about. On my G35 I have had mine for 4 or 5 years now. Can't even tell.

LouCast

Yes I will definitely be getting one, since my plastic one is all messed up. Just have to order the new screws for it.

tollboothwilley

Hardware kit will be available when its ready to go

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

tollboothwilley wrote:There is an oil door. Look at picture closely.
You are right! I missed that ... :blush:

Thanks!

Z

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Great stuff. How much and where can I buy?

M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

Nice work! Will it fit a 2011 M37?

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Definitely in for one...will it work for the '06 M45?
When's an expected sale date, how much to ship to 76092, and do you take PayPal?

Man, I hate that undercarriage piece of plastic sh*t....
Nice work on getting this for the Ms.

Craig

tollboothwilley

Not sure about the M37 yet. Still need to finish fitting for M35.

tollboothwilley

If all goes well could be ready to take orders next week

rxmclaren7
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

i am interested as well!! looks really good!! and how much to 13045!!?? and will this fit the M35x??

Hans

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

What is this for? It's under the car, and it doesn't involve performance, and its not a deficiency I've ever heard about in this car. So what does it do for the car?

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

tollboothwilley wrote:If all goes well could be ready to take orders next week
Thank you...Thank you!! I'm glad Enigma was able to go out and test fit!! Now lets get this going with a group buy!!! I'm glad you made them for the M....

Count me in, please :bigthumb:

TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I have an M45 and not sure if this will fit for me. I know rust and water will be no issue. My biggest concern is the fact that I'm dropped. I have the stock plastic and that has some give if I have some contact with pavement or whatever. If for some reason I contact a bump or whatever, how strong is this? I know the plastic can take some abuse since it has some give but this....idk. Hopefully I'll get an answer. I'll have the infiniti dealership install this next oil change but would love to get some opinions from everyone.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

TXT wrote:I have an M45 and not sure if this will fit for me. I know rust and water will be no issue. My biggest concern is the fact that I'm dropped. I have the stock plastic and that has some give if I have some contact with pavement or whatever. If for some reason I contact a bump or whatever, how strong is this? I know the plastic can take some abuse since it has some give but this....idk. Hopefully I'll get an answer. I'll have the infiniti dealership install this next oil change but would love to get some opinions from everyone.
I'm lowered on Eibachs as well, but the plastic under tray has a natural 'sag' to it so that's prolly why you hear some scrape. I don't think the aluminum under tray sags so there "shouldn't" be any scrape. I know he (tollbooth) has the aluminum tray and prolly lowered as well, so I'm sure he can provide some feedback from his experience or any of the G guys that have it / and are lowered.

tollboothwilley

Most guys run these for two reasons: the are lowered and it offers much more protection because it can take abuse and second the stock ones sag and eventually rip off the bumper and will end up on the road behind you somewhere.

M45 and X versions could be different. I need to compare stock under trays, part numbers before I can know for sure.

This can scrape if you are low but not a problem. Most people hitvroad debris and think they have dented it but show no signs at all.

mr_luv

Tollboothwilley I added you to the facebook M group. Good luck on the under tray looking forward to getting one of these myself.

FlawleZ
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX TT
1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo
2017 Nissan Titan SV 4x4

I like this a lot. Would really like to see some pics of it installed.
Definitely interested in pricing.
Anodized in black would look perfect.

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

mr_luv wrote:Tollboothwilley I added you to the facebook M group. Good luck on the under tray looking forward to getting one of these myself.
there is a facebook group? can i be added as well?

tollboothwilley

what is the name of the M group on FB?

There will be 2 options available when these are ready - raw(brushed) aluminum, and Black (powder coated). You can look at the pics on the FB page (https://www.facebook.com/TollboothwilleyTBW) to see the differences.

After a successful test fit I will have pictures up.

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

definitely got to have it! Great job guys.

RM450GT
Car: 06 M45

I'm not on Facebook so keep me posted here

I want one if it fits the 06 M45

TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

RM450GT wrote:I'm not on Facebook so keep me posted here

Same here, don't have face book and need to know if it can fit 06 m45.

Looking for anodized black.

suburbanmx
Car: 2009 m35x

After this can you make the L and R side splash guards, and then some wheel well pieces with air vents to cool the braking system??? Lol, looks great nice job!

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

RM450GT wrote:I'm not on Facebook so keep me posted here

It will. The M35 and 45 have the same body within the same generations. I even suspect it may fit all year Y50's, though probably a no go on the 2010+ Y51 body's.

tollboothwilley

Fitment is different from different motors sometimes - if one of you M45 guys has your splash shield off and can take a pic and post it up here, it would be helpful to determine fitment pretty quickly.

RM450GT
Car: 06 M45

tollboothwilley wrote:Fitment is different from different motors sometimes - if one of you M45 guys has your splash shield off and can take a pic and post it up here, it would be helpful to determine fitment pretty quickly.

Mine is in pieces.. Wont be much help to you

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”