why are people trying to make a versa fast?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

mcheddadi wrote:ALL DA HATERS CAN'T TOUCH THIS!
Does it take a hater to know a hater? Because I don't usually pick on people and belittle them to try and make myself look cooler...

Plus, a true hater can try and touch anything. But a truly cool person lets it roll off and knows that they're cool without having to try and belittle others...

Food for thought.
brainguyus wrote:"A Versa is what I wanted. A Versa is what I drive. And a Versa is what I will make look like and do what I want."

Question answered....Thread over!

Keys to a good forum discussion

1. Don't pose a question while injecting negative opinions. You're only putting people on the defensive, thus starting a flame war. (unless you're trolling and that's what you intend)

2. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

3. Everyone has an opinion and everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
Oh, and you I like! Where did you come from and are you staying... I have a very comfortable back seat in my V if you need a place to crash for the weekend (rofl)

I like people who quote me and say that it's good stuffs. XoD I should warn you that sucking up to me will do you no good as I'm not a moderator... Though I've been really good friends with a few!

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

themadscientist wrote:I am only curious at seperating this group from those that really think with enough money they can make the car a credible sports car. Those people need help. Those that go in, eyes wide open, spend their money, and get just what they expected are happy and well they should be; I am not poking them.
I am happy to indulge your curiosity. While I am not aspiring to this some might be. It's possible and it has been done. If their brake people hadn't messed up the compound they probably would have won. Just a fun read.

http://www.turn3creative.com/versa.html

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

They beat a Honda Fit,,,,congratulations?

It was a fun read and while my enthusiasm for the platform is lukewarm my blood flows Nissan red so I could enjoy the sweat squeezed from the Honda drivers by the lil Nissan, good for them.

manvan
Car: versa hatch

can you imagine if we all just skyping each other and start having debates face to face... over the internet, that would be so fun to see red devil and mighty v go at it, then realize all the haters are prob like 45 year old people w kids and the only people that like moding there cars are 20 year olds or around there.... just saying it would be funny

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

manvan wrote:can you imagine if we all just skyping each other and start having debates face to face... over the internet, that would be so fun to see red devil and mighty v go at it, then realize all the haters are prob like 45 year old people w kids and the only people that like moding there cars are 20 year olds or around there.... just saying it would be funny
I'll have you know I'm 22.

#1Tango

manvan wrote:can you imagine if we all just skyping each other and start having debates face to face... over the internet, that would be so fun to see red devil and mighty v go at it, then realize all the haters are prob like 45 year old people w kids and the only people that like moding there cars are 20 year olds or around there.... just saying it would be funny
that was too funny i could see that on youtube

themadscientist

sniping? It hasn't come to that has it?

manvan

no way your only 22!!!!!!!!!! i could have swore your like 52 w kids and thinking of retiring
themadscientist wrote:sniping? It hasn't come to that has it?
lol that makes me think of this game car tag that we played w either a tennis ball or paintball guns

themadscientist

where you throw a tennis ball at a car and the owner tries to chase you and stomp a mudhole in you? Good times.

manvan

lol we call that gummie bearing( we throw gummy bears at random cars and they get mad and chase us) but i play car tag with friends

themadscientist

What a waste of delicious treats.

Papercarz
Car: 07 Versa, 78 Camaro Z28

themadscientist wrote:Seriously, flame me if you want I don't care, but I am seriously asking whether it pisses you off or not. I could not pick another car in the nissan lineup that was a worse candidate to try an wring performance out of and the first fifteen mods would all be just to bring the car up to the level of like a sentra's abilities. I just can't make sense of it. Masochistic or something is all I can deduce. I guess if you truly love the shape enough suffer the shortcomings in every other area that would at least make some sort of sense but beyond that it just seems stunningly silly.I was in the "zomg my turbo Versa blewed up thread" and my Tidda-driving wife asked the question "why try to make it fast"? I couldn't think of anything logical so I thought I would ask. She loves her lil car for all the reasons I think it was built for, it's roomy, good on gas and relatively trouble free. I don't know why the Versa seems to be giving you guys all this trouble and it's kind of ridiculous when Tidda's seem to run like a top, you have a right to get pissed.

Anyway, WTF guys, why are you trying to make the car do what it was pretty much purpose-designed not to do? It would be like me trying to put a turbo on my Hijet. Wait, nobody here knows, I am safe from claims of hipocracy.
Because its kinda slow.... why else would you try to make it fast? seems like a simple enough answer to me. Also, mine is a 6 speed and its pretty fun to drive.

Red Devil

Papercarz wrote:
Because its kinda slow.... why else would you try to make it fast? seems like a simple enough answer to me. Also, mine is a 6 speed and its pretty fun to drive.
Really? Because it's slow? What did you think you were buying? If you wanted something slow that you can make fast, cheaply and easily, you should've bought a Civic hatchback or a vehicle with some sort of aftermarket.

Just because something is slow doesn't mean you can or should make it fast. Some cars are designed with performance in mind. I don't think they had 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in mind when they designed the V's powertrain/chassis combo.

themadscientist

It can be fun sometimes.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

themadscientist wrote:It can be fun sometimes.
nissan should have made a Versa Spec R model

themadscientist

mcheddadi wrote:nissan should have made,,,,,
That foundation statement could easily be the basis for an entire forum here.

Papercarz
Car: 07 Versa, 78 Camaro Z28

Red Devil wrote:
Really? Because it's slow? What did you think you were buying? If you wanted something slow that you can make fast, cheaply and easily, you should've bought a Civic hatchback or a vehicle with some sort of aftermarket.

Just because something is slow doesn't mean you can or should make it fast. Some cars are designed with performance in mind. I don't think they had 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in mind when they designed the V's powertrain/chassis combo.
Well I thought I was buying a car that was reliable, roomy enough to throw all my friends in and go partying, while still having storage space for subs and groceries. I cant really afford a $450/month car payment for something nice, but every once in a while I can save up some money for another mod. I didn't know vehicles were released with an aftermarket? Just give it time... why so impatient.

There are so many people in the Dallas metroplex with civic hatch's, why do I have to fall in line with everyone else? Were they designed with 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in mind? I really dont feel like cramming my friends in the back of my lil civic hatch, or whatever is small and has a large aftermarket.

Why are you so resistant to change? Just because its not normal doesnt necessarily mean it shouldnt be done. Im more into circuit racing than drag racing anyways. I live in the city, there are so many fun S curves and the like. I dont really need 400hp, but if I can add 40 or 50 hp to my measly 120 it would make it a little more fun.

Red Devil

Papercarz wrote:
Well I thought I was buying a car that was reliable, roomy enough to throw all my friends in and go partying, while still having storage space for subs and groceries. I cant really afford a $450/month car payment for something nice, but every once in a while I can save up some money for another mod. I didn't know vehicles were released with an aftermarket? Just give it time... why so impatient.

There are so many people in the Dallas metroplex with civic hatch's, why do I have to fall in line with everyone else? Were they designed with 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in mind? I really dont feel like cramming my friends in the back of my lil civic hatch, or whatever is small and has a large aftermarket.

Why are you so resistant to change? Just because its not normal doesnt necessarily mean it shouldnt be done. Im more into circuit racing than drag racing anyways. I live in the city, there are so many fun S curves and the like. I dont really need 400hp, but if I can add 40 or 50 hp to my measly 120 it would make it a little more fun.
Who said I was resistant to change? Change is good every so often. I just don't believe the Versa is a proper platform to mod with, at least in a performance way. Believe me, once the speed bug bites you'll want more and more. The only thing stopping me from further enhancing my 240SX are car payments, bills, etc.

Trust me, I'm not some 44 year old guy as one forum member was surprised to find out. I just feel that, were anyone to mod a V, which is something I'm not a fan of anyway, for performance, they'd be dissapointed in how much it takes to make it go even marginally faster.

Reed19x

I supposed the question is less a "why?" and more a "why not?". Why not modify the Versa? Taking a car that you purchased for daily driving and then modifying it to make it unique...that's the tuner spirit. I wonder what people thought of kids in the 90s modifying their Civics?

I agree that buying this car and expecting anything greater than 270 (I use this number because there's a Stillen Versa out there somewhere) FWHP is ridiculous, but if people want to reach for it (maybe even beyond), then why not? Things would never progress if people weren't coming up with new/creative ideas for their cars. Hell, some people even modify old 60s/70s Volkswagen "Micro Buses" to make them fast. One could argue that this is "pointless" but hey, why not?

Personally, modifying my girlfriend's car is a hobby for both of us and something we can enjoy doing together. I traded in my G37 to help her buy her car/pay for the insurance. She lost her Acura Integra in a flood and doesn't have much money...so the Versa was the best choice at the time (and doing work on my Pathfinder is out of the question haha).

Some people may not agree with purchasing a Versa and modifying it, that's fine...there's no need to get upset about it (on either side). While others (like me) don't agree with buying end of life vehicles and modding them...such as a PT Cruiser or a Hummer; however I would never call someone out for it. Different strokes for different folks...helps keep the world original, unique and fun!

nismo300zr2
Car: 91 300zx

mcheddadi wrote:
eph a civic. thats hot. too bad not RWD also?

themadscientist

Make it AWD and put a potent engine in it and I would be on it.

nismo300zr2
Car: 91 300zx

then it
themadscientist wrote:Make it AWD and put a potent engine in it and I would be on it.
would weigh 3204 lb lbs -.-

Return to “Versa General Chat”