why are people trying to make a versa fast?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

Red Devil wrote: That's so spectacular that I couldn't care less!

Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

BlueMango wrote:
The problem is that you don't ever want to see anyone do anything to their car. If it's not tint or stock it's against your philosophy. I'm just tired of the broken record and all of the aggression that comes out of it and then watching threads getting locked with the OP never getting their question answered. It's not conducive to "forum" discussions. I realize that tone doesn't carry well across the internet and I'm speaking from pure exhaustion, not anger.

.... Say what you want I'll skip your posts and hope that others will do the same....
Good remark. I will do the same.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Onyxblue wrote:
Good remark. I will do the same.
I second that!

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Don't think i am making fun of you guys. Nobody researched me to learn what I am rolling around in, suffice it to say throwing money at a vehicle simply for the fun of it is not an alien concept to me. I have a 48 hp 3 cylinder minitruck with 16x7 race wheels on it and soon to be a thunderous sound system and an 8hp bike with an $800 swingarm.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Wonderful! I'll make sure to express my opinion about modding V's every chance I get! Wether it's called for or not!

rmezz13
Car: Had 2004.5 Nissan 350z
Have 96 f250 and mommas 07 Murano

(in accordance to original post)

Modding the Versa for personality, individuality, street stance (street cred), even better gas mileage is one thing. But performance? Seriously? You could buy a rusty S13 for $1500 and already have a better set-up than with a brand new Versa... I personally just don't see the point. Its the same class as a Fit, Prius, Aveo etc....I don't dislike the car, and am all about personalizing your car for your taste, but why sink in money on performance parts when a stock 240 from 1992 will still out perform it. This is just one of those cars i would tell my brother "leave it alone before you break something"...

themadscientist

brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

KimberKenobi wrote:
A Versa is what I wanted. A Versa is what I drive. And a Versa is what I will make look like and do what I want.
Question answered....Thread over!

Keys to a good forum discussion

1. Don't pose a question while injecting negative opinions. You're only putting people on the defensive, thus starting a flame war. (unless you're trolling and that's what you intend)

2. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

3. Everyone has an opinion and everyone deserves to be treated with respect.

Red Devil

themadscientist wrote:
Here ya go!

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

PLUSEQUALS:

Ginsu
Car: White 2009 Versa SL Hatchback

Wow. The only thing worse than a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and starting a fight about how crappy it is ... is a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and reviving the thread just when its starting to go cold by repeating the exact same out of touch sentiments and demonstrating to everyone that he hasn't read the responses to the original post.

Oh stock Nissan 240 from the year nineteen hundred, ninety and two, how do I despise thee?Let me count the ways:You are not a true hatchbackYou are ugly and outdatedYou do not have bluetooth, satellite radio, or even remote keyless entryYou do not have a moonroofYou do not have generously appointed rear seating with 60/40 folding and a drop-down arm restYou do not have the most modern safety technology such as brake assist, traction control, and a crap load of airbagsYou do not have six upgraded speakers with a rockford fosgate sub wooferYou do not have a CVTYou do not fit my taste and personalityYou are most likely beginning to rust out by nowYou have high mileageYou are not a VersaYou suck

(repeat sonnet for S13)

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Ginsu wrote:Wow. The only thing worse than a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and starting a fight about how crappy it is ... is a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and reviving the thread just when its starting to go cold by repeating the exact same out of touch sentiments and demonstrating to everyone that he hasn't read the responses to the original post.

Oh stock Nissan 240 from the year nineteen hundred, ninety and two, how do I despise thee?Let me count the ways:You are not a true hatchbackYou are ugly and outdatedYou do not have bluetooth, satellite radio, or even remote keyless entryYou do not have a moonroofYou do not have generously appointed rear seating with 60/40 folding and a drop-down arm restYou do not have the most modern safety technology such as brake assist, traction control, and a crap load of airbagsYou do not have six upgraded speakers with a rockford fosgate sub wooferYou do not have a CVTYou do not fit my taste and personalityYou are most likely beginning to rust out by nowYou have high mileageYou are not a VersaYou suck

(repeat sonnet for S13)
So many things to make fun, yet I'll leave it alone.

Red Devil

Ginsu wrote:Wow. The only thing worse than a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and starting a fight about how crappy it is ... is a Nico moderator from a better car forum coming onto the Versa forum and reviving the thread just when its starting to go cold by repeating the exact same out of touch sentiments and demonstrating to everyone that he hasn't read the responses to the original post.

(repeat sonnet for S13)
Do I even have to point out it was a car that was released nearly 20 years ago and was designed for a completey different purpose? Considering half of what you mention wasn't mandated or even in existance yet and the fact that it wasn't marketed as anything other than a bargain sports car, your little sonnet is in fact trite and infantile.

And it did have a sunroof.

Ginsu

Lets try really hard to add one plus one here.
rmezz13 wrote:(in accordance to original post)

You could buy a rusty S13 for $1500 and already have a better set-up than with a brand new Versa... why sink in money on performance parts when a stock 240 from 1992 will still out perform it.
+
Red Devil wrote: It was a car that was released nearly 20 years ago and was designed for a completey different purpose.
=

Why would anyone who chose the characteristics of a new Versa want to waste money on an old 240? We're not into old sports cars, we're into nice, new hatchbacks. If someone wants to make theirs faster, that's fine. It in no way points to an outdated 240 as a better fitting purchase!

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

Dude, it's an endless cycle. There's no point debating with Red Devil, he'll think of something else to counter-act what you said. No offense to you but I'd ignore the guy when it comes to those types of conversations.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Ginsu wrote:Why would anyone who chose the characteristics of a new Versa want to waste money on an old 240? We're not into old sports cars, we're into nice, new hatchbacks. If someone wants to make theirs faster, that's fine. It in no way points to an outdated 240 as a better fitting purchase!
But now you have just generalized all Versa owners.

Red Devil

Ginsu wrote:Why would anyone who chose the characteristics of a new Versa want to waste money on an old 240? We're not into old sports cars, we're into nice, new hatchbacks. If someone wants to make theirs faster, that's fine. It in no way points to an outdated 240 as a better fitting purchase!
It does if you really wanted a cheap car that has the potential to go fast and the aftermarket to support it. Furthermore why even compare the 2 when they try to accomplish different objectives? I merely state that if someone wants a fast car that handles well and is a fun driving experience then buy a 240 or similair car instead of sinking a bunch of money into a car with only 1/4 of the performance potential. You can have a Versa and still have another project car to sink all the money and go-fast bits into.
Mile High Versa wrote:Dude, it's an endless cycle. There's no point arguing with Red Devil, he'll think of something else to counter-act what you said. No offense to you but I'd ignore the guy when it comes to those types of conversations.
I'm not allowed to produce a counter point now? I'm not allowed to discuss and present my own ideas? Are you the Lord of the Internet or something? Thats what forums are for. To share and discuss ideas. It's kind of useless if you just ignore what everyone else who contradicts you and live in your own happy little world.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

biggie wrote:But now you have just generalized all Versa owners.
We understand that, it was generalized. He could of said, 'we don't like old sports cars, we prefer new modified subcompact hatchbacks that have characteristics of sports cars which make our V's slightly faster with personality' is a way of putting it.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

Red Devil wrote:I'm not allowed to produce a counter point now? I'm not allowed to discuss and present my own ideas? Are you the Lord of the Internet or something? Thats what forums are for. To share and discuss ideas. It's kind of useless if you just ignore what everyone else who contradicts you and live in your own happy little world.
This world is pretty big to me, I'm not the god of the forums. You can have a counter point if you want, just remember some people don't like it. Those who don't want to have a debate with you can ignore those conversations, it's their choice. You can have a great topic discussion about whatever you want, however, some people don't approve opposing ideas. That's how it is with politics or anything else for that matter, but I won't get into that.

Red Devil

Mile High Versa wrote: This world is pretty big to me, I'm not the god of the forums. You can have a counter point if you want, just remember some people don't like it. Those who don't want to have a debate with you can ignore those conversations, it's their choice. You can have a great topic discussion about whatever you want, however, some people don't approve opposing ideas. That's how it is with politics or anything else for that matter, but I won't get into that.
Just because people don't like it doesn't mean you just ignore it and hope it goes away. People can and should discuss these types of things. And yes, you have every right to ignore it. Does that make it the right thing or the good thing to do? Not in every case. It's one thing to ignore some off-hand/off topic comment that isn't about the topic or is about how you feel about how someone comments. It's completely different when it's relavent to the topic at hand.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

Red Devil wrote:
Just because people don't like it doesn't mean you just ignore it and hope it goes away. People can and should discuss these types of things. And yes, you have every right to ignore it. Does that make it the right thing or the good thing to do? Not in every case. It's one thing to ignore some off-hand/off topic comment that isn't about the topic or is about how you feel about how someone comments. It's completely different when it's relavent to the topic at hand.
I can agree with you on that.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

Quote »Modding the Versa for personality, individuality, street stance (street cred), even better gas mileage is one thing. But performance? Seriously? You could buy a rusty S13 for $1500 and already have a better set-up than with a brand new Versa... I personally just don't see the point. Its the same class as a Fit, Prius, Aveo etc....I don't dislike the car, and am all about personalizing your car for your taste, but why sink in money on performance parts when a stock 240 from 1992 will still out perform it. This is just one of those cars i would tell my brother "leave it alone before you break something"...[/quote]Save your breath Mr Mezz. I've tried to explain that but a Versa owner and his money are soon parted. I've stated that the performance envelope with this car is narrow. I've mentioned that diminishing returns are there right from the get go. The body style, build, engineering and the limitations that go with it can only do so much.

Thing is, many of our Versa want-to-modders are the younger set that, well, don't take well to advice or suggestions and would rather try to re-invent the wheel.

It's their money. I guess let 'em have fun tryin'.

themadscientist

You can spend all the money you want on whatever thing in question. Regardless of whether it "makes sense", as long as you are happy with the results than I would say money well spent. That other people disagree should not even figure into the equasion, it's your car, it needs to please you and only you. I am only curious at seperating this group from those that really think with enough money they can make the car a credible sports car. Those people need help. Those that go in, eyes wide open, spend their money, and get just what they expected are happy and well they should be; I am not poking them.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

themadscientist wrote:You can spend all the money you want on whatever thing in question. Regardless of whether it "makes sense", as long as you are happy with the results than I would say money well spent. That other people disagree should not even figure into the equasion, it's your car, it needs to please you and only you. I am only curious at seperating this group from those that really think with enough money they can make the car a credible sports car. Those people need help. Those that go in, eyes wide open, spend their money, and get just what they expected are happy and well they should be; I am not poking them.
CLEARLY you don't know one bit of anything car related. Bow to my 482WHP drift VERSA.zerothread?id=396517

My mods: chop-top for a fastback style roof.2jz swap with 2.75 inch custom turboback exhaust and Garrett T76 single Turbo.Custom headlights and drop on HKS custom coilovers, with drift style gtr 6 spokes. ALL DA HATERS CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

themadscientist

If you are that good at photochop you might actually be able to fix a pic of me so it doesn't make children cry.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

LOL! LOOLOOL!

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

i glanced at the 1st page when this thread was started, then hide it because im tired of hearing. well i got bored opened it again and glanced at this page and honestly from what ive seen (2-3 posts) the versa guys are sounding stupid.

ginsu's rank about "you are not...", seriously???my fav..."you are not a true hatchback"what? yes a 240 is a true hatchback. a lift back (versa) is not a true hatch. and technically (i dont want to say it) a versa is a station wagon, yep.

and "you are not..(everthing else listed about modern luxuries)" IMO all that is stupid, i feel about those the same way TMS feels about automatic gt-r's and 370z rev-match.

in the end if i had the money for a project i would have a 240.

Red Devil

blind_snyper wrote:i glanced at the 1st page when this thread was started, then hide it because im tired of hearing. well i got bored opened it again and glanced at this page and honestly from what ive seen (2-3 posts) the versa guys are sounding stupid.

ginsu's rank about "you are not...", seriously???my fav..."you are not a true hatchback"what? yes a 240 is a true hatchback. a lift back (versa) is not a true hatch. and technically (i dont want to say it) a versa is a station wagon, yep.

and "you are not..(everthing else listed about modern luxuries)" IMO all that is stupid, i feel about those the same way TMS feels about automatic gt-r's and 370z rev-match.

We should mark this down as the first and likely only time we actually agree on something.

Ginsu

themadscientist wrote:You can spend all the money you want on whatever thing in question. Regardless of whether it "makes sense", as long as you are happy with the results than I would say money well spent. That other people disagree should not even figure into the equasion, it's your car, it needs to please you and only you. I am only curious at seperating this group from those that really think with enough money they can make the car a credible sports car. Those people need help. Those that go in, eyes wide open, spend their money, and get just what they expected are happy and well they should be; I am not poking them.
Interesting. Good post.
blind_snyper wrote:

I'm sorry that you cry yourself to sleep every night wishing you had a 240 instead of a new car with stupid modern luxuries.

Ginsu

My apologies to everyone on here. I don't usually get defensive, and I can't remember why I even began arguing this point in the first place. Biggie, your 240's/S13's are quite nice. I like your white one in particular. Red Devil, you always seem to make good points, even though I often disagree with you.

I think I'll retire myself from this thread now.

Return to “Versa General Chat”