why are people trying to make a versa fast?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Ginsu wrote:To come onto a forum where people are now spending as little as $9K brand new for what you (Red Devil) have pointed out is an econobox unworthy of serious modification and say "Hey, why didn't you guys get this $23K car instead. Its faster," is preposterous.
Read what I'm trying to say. The OP is pointing out the rediculousness of making the V fast. To make the Versa faster would require a large amount of money. Adding on to the cost of the V, parts and tuning would make it in the range of some faster, much more capable cars. Add the fact that you'd void your warranty and it makes it all the more easier to choose a faster, warrantied and better platformed car.

I would never advocate someone to pay $14,000 more for a car they didn't need. If someone wants a cheap econobox then they can get a Versa, Fit, Elantra, Rio, e.t.c. Just don't expect to mod them into some sort of 350 fwhp track car. If you want a faster, performance oriented car then get one, just don't go and buy a Versa.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Red Devil wrote:
Read what I'm trying to say. The OP is pointing out the rediculousness of making the V fast. To make the Versa faster would require a large amount of money. Adding on to the cost of the V, parts and tuning would make it in the range of some faster, much more capable cars. Add the fact that you'd void your warranty and it makes it all the more easier to choose a faster, warrantied and better platformed car.

I would never advocate someone to pay $14,000 more for a car they didn't need. If someone wants a cheap econobox then they can get a Versa, Fit, Elantra, Rio, e.t.c. Just don't expect to mod them into some sort of 350 fwhp track car. If you want a faster, performance oriented car then get one, just don't go and buy a Versa.
You never give up do you? If people want to mod their V, let them. We do what we want to our vehicles, it's OUR money, so don't worry about it. Heck, I should of just bought a Sentra SE-R so I don't have to hear all of you bicker about petty crap. Sometimes I think people around here love to tell other people what they ought to do to their vehicle and what not to.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I miss my KE70

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

That reminds me, I should play some Street Fighter 4. I need more practice at that game!

Red Devil

Mile High Versa wrote:You never give up do you? If people want to mod their V, let them. We do what we want to our vehicles, it's OUR money, so don't worry about it. Heck, I should of just bought a Sentra SE-R so I don't have to hear all of you bicker about petty crap. Sometimes I think people around here love to tell other people what they ought to do to their vehicle and what not to.
Please do. That way I don't need to explain to you every damn time that I'm not telling you you can't spend your money that way. That way I don't need to keep trying to pound it into that thick skull of yours that I'm expressing my opinion. That way I don't need to try to explain that I was saying it's easier and about the same amount of cash to buy a faster car.

I'm sure the whole modV "family" is gonna see this so let me say this to all of you. I am not telling people they can't spen their money on mods. I am not telling people that they cannot mod their V. I am, once again for the 1 billionth time, expressing my opinion on modding the Versa. Ironically, that's what the point of this topic is about. Funny thing is, I've never once told anyone to not do something unless it shouldn't be done for a serious reason.

And please, the next time you see me comment and I am expressing my opinion, don't try and say that I'm telling people what they can and can't do.
Modified by Red Devil at 8:58 PM 2/22/2009

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Red Devil wrote:
Please do. That way I don't need to explain to you every damn time that I'm not telling you you can't spend your money that way. That way I don't need to keep trying to pound it into that thick skull of yours that I'm expressing my opinion. That way I don't need to try to explain that I was saying it's easier and about the same amount of cash to buy a faster car.

And please, if you see a topic like this, know it's something you won't like to read and know that most posters disagree with how you like to modify your V, stay the f*** out.

That new Ford focus RS looks awesome too. to bad we arn't getting it.http://www.autocar.co.uk/Video...&CT=V

I want some revoknuckles and HLSD on my car.

and about the versa being modded. I have a 2000 new beetle GLS 2.0L and with my 115stock hp I still wanna mod it with a kinetic motorsport stage 3 turbo kit and some nice FSD KONI dampers and neuspeed springs. Even if its stupid to make a slow car fast. I just love it soo much that I want to make it awesome.

I can relate to people with Versas wanting to mod it . if you love your car, you mod your car. screw the warranty or the mpgs, screw the fact that its FWD and will probably torque steer me into a certain death. I love my car and I want to make it better. if I would be rich I would understand the stupidity of making my daily driver into a wanna be track car and I'd get a second dedicated "track and showoff car" like a new 370z or a bmw m3. but no one starts out rich so hence the econobox modding crowd!

Red Devil

mcheddadi wrote:

and about the versa being modded. I have a 2000 new beetle GLS 2.0L and with my 115stock hp I still wanna mod it with a kinetic motorsport stage 3 turbo kit and some nice FSD KONI dampers and neuspeed springs. Even if its stupid to make a slow car fast. I just love it soo much that I want to make it awesome.

I can relate to people with Versas wanting to mod it . if you love your car, you mod your car. screw the warranty or the mpgs, screw the fact that its FWD and will probably torque steer me into a certain death. I love my car and I want to make it better. if I would be rich I would understand the stupidity of making my daily driver into a wanna be track car and I'd get a second dedicated "track and showoff car" like a new 370z or a bmw m3. but no one starts out rich so hence the econobox modding crowd!
But then if I say I don't see the point and think money is better spent, am I telling you that you can't do it? No. You can do whatever you want with your cash. I'm just going to say my peace about it, that's all.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

I agree. That's all I've stated as well. This is a forum where you exchange ideas and give opinions. I will continue to state that to dump money into possible turbos, intake manifolds, headers, and other higher dollar items to make the Versa faster is money wasted. That's my opinion.

No one has to consider that opinion and can throw $25,000 at the Versa. Mount that blower intake through the hood if you want. It's still a waste.

I think spending all that money on these ridiculous stereos for cars is a waste of money as well. There's a line of good taste, good sound and over the top 10,000 watts for a car interiors which are measured in cubic feet. Makes absolutely no sense to me but again, that's my opinion.

My opinion is that getting a different exhaust to give it a good sound and some cosmetic upgrades including rims can make a car "your own" and look good. But there's a fine line between looking good and rice a roni or ghetto.

Again, that's my opinion. I'm not "hatin" on the Versa because I dispense advice to forego the nitrous injection and spoilers the size of 747 ailerons.

Finally, that's my opinion.

Samyo
Car: Versa Hatch, 240sx, Dodge RAM 1500

This is what happens when Nissan doesn't offer an affordable sports car. Shame on you Nissan.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

That would depend on the meaning of affordable. In the $20-25K range, perhaps. I'd say you get quite a bit of car for the money with the 370Z.

Red Devil

Bubs daddy wrote:That would depend on the meaning of affordable. In the $20-25K range, perhaps. I'd say you get quite a bit of car for the money with the 370Z.
There is a difference between affordable and a bargain. While the 370Z isn't affordable for some, it IS a performance bargain.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

themadscientist wrote:I'm laughin. That's not a chip on her shoulder it's a 2x4 and hse swung it right at my whittle head.

GoGo CV transmission, race mode!
And you should be laughing. Not everything is as serious as it appears. Oh, and I am serious about my offer... If you're at a NiCO Fest where the Camel is, I'll let you ride if you'd like to see what kinda fun it is from the inside. No, it's not a sports car... but it's what I bought - an entry level car with people and cargo room.

I still like to have fun.

You guys should learn how to too. (that goes to mcheddadi as well.)

Lighten up people.
mcheddadi wrote:

this thread is too funny ahahahaha.

"Oh, and did I mention that I got a CVT transmission"

hurray for CVT transmisson lol
Yea, I was pointing out all the features I got at the price doy! Context goes a long way. Plus my transmission saves me money in maintenance.

If you're going to snark, you need to know what you're talking about.

rofl.

feloniousmonk

They Call Me Whatshisname
Car: 2006 350Z

That is a hideous car. The spoiler was dope though.

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Looks like you just answered the question.....

It's fun and challenging. For all of it's frustrations it is a fun process and even more fun when you succeed. We all have different goals but we're all enjoying it. We know we're not going to get our V's to 300+ HP but that's okay we're having fun trying.

Do you haters get it now? Will you please shut your mouths and leave us alone if you don't have some sort of positive or constructive (key words people, pay attention) comments? You only get yourselves in trouble when you demonstrate your ignorance and lack of tolerance/respect. So the next time you see the turbo thread, take your own advice and move on to a thread that is more in tune with your views or keep your negative/nonconstructive views to yourself.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

BlueMango wrote:Looks like you just answered the question.....

It's fun and challenging. For all of it's frustrations it is a fun process and even more fun when you succeed. We all have different goals but we're all enjoying it. We know we're not going to get our V's to 300+ HP but that's okay we're having fun trying.

Do you haters get it now? Will you please shut your mouths and leave us alone if you don't have some sort of positive or constructive (key words people, pay attention) comments? You only get yourselves in trouble when you demonstrate your ignorance and lack of tolerance/respect. So the next time you see the turbo thread, take your own advice and move on to a thread that is more in tune with your views or keep your negative/nonconstructive views to yourself.
Couldn't have said it better!

Red Devil

Who exactly are you to tell us what we can and can't say? We have every right to express our opinions on the subject. Just because we don't agree with you, doesn't make us haters. We just have a difference of opinion than what you like. Just because it's a different one, doesnt mean we can't express it, wether it be positive, constructive or negative.

As much as you say we need to be more positive, you need to be as accepting of our right to express our opinion. It's the internet, you can't make us do anything and you have no right to tell us otherwise. I'll express my views as I see fight and I won't let anyone think they can tell me otherwise.

WORKS89
Car: EVO VIII GSR, 07' Versa 6spd, AND 92' Z32

your right, you do have the right to say what you want.

That said, here is my opinion: The Nissan versa is just one of those cars just waiting to be Modded. Everyone rags on them using the excuse that they are "economy cars" not sports car. Well where do you think the tuner scene started. It was started by taking small everyday economy cars and modifying them to be comparable or better then sports cars from the factory, because most people cant afford a sports car.

I just don't understand the Versa crowd. You realize there might be more parts out there for you guy if all you haters didn't get their panties all in a knot every time someone mentions performance parts. Vendors do see this and then get the idea that its not worth making stuff for the versa because the general community doesn't want it.

feloniousmonk

Red Devil wrote:
Who exactly are you to tell us what we can and can't say? We have every right to express our opinions on the subject. Just because we don't agree with you, doesn't make us haters. We just have a difference of opinion than what you like. Just because it's a different one, doesnt mean we can't express it, wether it be positive, constructive or negative.

As much as you say we need to be more positive, you need to be as accepting of our right to express our opinion. It's the internet, you can't make us do anything and you have no right to tell us otherwise. I'll express my views as I see fight and I won't let anyone think they can tell me otherwise.
I've done my share of modding and pissing money away in my day. Was it fun at the time? Absolutely. But, looking back, if I had saved all that money I probably could be driving a 993 turbo right now and possibly a house with a garage to keep the beast nice and clean. Modding is all good, but don't throw your futures away, y'know? There will always be newer, better and faster cars.

Honestly, I think you're both right and I want to add something: what I see is a "if you're not with me then you're against me" mentality on both sides of the argument. Frankly, it's a futile attitude to hold. It's an open forum and everyone is free to express their opinions, but just because someone's opinions isn't inline with yours, you mustn't take it personally and make a futile argument out of it. So on that note, can we just agree to disagree and respectfully let the issue die?

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

I agree, and in today's economy, we need the jobs to manufacture automotive aftermarket parts for cars such as the Versa in the United States.

BTW, I'm not too fond of this stimulus package the President is getting out there for people to believe in. He hasn't mentioned much about what types of jobs and what the main purpose of it is for. If it's for government jobs, then that's not the answer. That is quite a bit of money $787 billion, especially a lot of it is from tax payers money. He should focus more on the private sector, not government programs.

Politics aside, even if there are a few people on the forums who don't approve of modifying vehicles, I think the odds of people wanting to mod their car are greater than the one who don't.

Red Devil

WORKS89 wrote:your right, you do have the right to say what you want.

That said, here is my opinion: The Nissan versa is just one of those cars just waiting to be Modded. Everyone rags on them using the excuse that they are "economy cars" not sports car. Well where do you think the tuner scene started. I was started by taking small everyday economy cars and modifying them to be comparable or better then sports cars from the factory, because most people cant afford a sports car.

I just don't understand the Versa crowd. You realize there might be more parts out there for you guy if all you haters didn't get their panties all in a knot every time someone mentions performance parts. Vendors do see this and then get the idea that its not worth making stuff for the versa because the general community doesn't want it.
In all due respect, we don't know if the majority of owners share the same views as either party. I can only account for what I see in my area, and whenever I see a Versa, it's stock. I've never seen any modded Versa's in Lancaster, PA or anywhere else I've traveled.

As far as we know, the general community doesn't want any mods. I'm just saying what I see. All I see are stock cars that people bought as a decent economy vehicle. The big difference between Honda and the V's aftermarket is where it originated. With Honda you had the CRX and Si sport versions, cars that were sporty and that lower trim levels tried to emulate. The V doesn't.

There's no Versa SE-R or anything owners want to aspire to, or have parts made or swapped to replicate that performance. That's the main way to inspire an aftermarket. Look at 240SX development. You barely had any aftermarket for the KA until SR swaps came. Then you start seeing KA-T builds to counter the SR. It's all a matter of supply and demand also. If the majority market wants the parts, they get produced. As much as we see people who want the parts on this forum, we don't see the majority, who aren't on forums, asking for it.

And things wil never happen unless it's profitable, especially in this economy. You have a bunch of ricer kids and their stock Civics who want crappy body kits, exhausts, e.t.c. Why risk an unkown venture when you've got a proven market for another platform? And yes, there is some aftermarket for the V currently, but nothing on the level, or likely ever be on the level, of the Civic/Honda aftermarket.

WORKS89
Car: EVO VIII GSR, 07' Versa 6spd, AND 92' Z32

But it seems that the people who dont want to mod are trying to make their opinion heard more then the people that want to mod. So it seems as if there is more people not wanting to mod in the eyes of the Vendors reading these forums. I just feel like the none mod people are ruining it for the people who do want to mod.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

That's what it seems like lately around here from what I experienced. If the aftermarket support for the V doesn't pick up in another five years; once I get my car paid off, I'm gonna trade it in for a 2013 Sentra SE-R.

Red Devil

WORKS89 wrote:But it seems that the people who dont want to mod are trying to make their opinion heard more then the people that want to mod. So it seems as if there is more people not wanting to mod in the eyes of the Vendors reading these forums. I just feel like the none mod people are ruining it for the people who do want to mod.
And yet some parts are still getting put out for it. Yep, totally ruining it for the small aftermarket.

feloniousmonk

WORKS89 wrote:But it seems that the people who dont want to mod are trying to make their opinion heard more then the people that want to mod. So it seems as if there is more people not wanting to mod in the eyes of the Vendors reading these forums. I just feel like the none mod people are ruining it for the people who do want to mod.
Just because they want to be heard doesn't mean you have to listen or read it, yes? Your responses only give them even more fuel to continue. If you have a dog that keeps barking to get your attention, and you pay no attention, eventually it'll get bored and shut up. Takes two to tango. Not every fight is worth fighting.

And, seriously, I very much doubt the lack of parts is due to the views expressed here or vendors seeing the comments. If there was a real sporting version of the Versa (or if it was really worthy sporting platform) things would be a whole lot different. Nissan showed a sporty concept car, then produced a no frills people mover. It is what it is. I maintain that this is the wrong car to own if you want a sport compact. But if you wish to mod and personalize it, go for it. It's your car. Just don't expect others to be as enthused as you are for what you've done to it. That's just the way it is with forums.

And if you really want parts made, get organized! Gather up people like you and start writing companies to have parts made that you can actually pay with money. Nothing motivates vendors and manufacturers like cash. Passively complaining about the lack of support online won't get you anywhere. Get active! This is how the sport compact scene started back in the 80s when most of you were born. Comments in the forums have nothing to do with it. They don't have time to read this crap. For that matter, we really only have one here and when was the last time you saw Bob from versaspeed post? been a while hasn't it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are serious about modding and want parts made, get organized and start writing group letters (and have money ready). That's the only way it'll get done.
Modified by feloniousmonk at 6:29 PM 2/25/2009

Red Devil

feloniousmonk wrote:
Just because they want to be heard doesn't mean you have to listen or read it, yes? Your responses only give them even more fuel to continue. If you have a dog that keeps barking to get your attention, and you pay no attention, eventually it'll get bored and shut up. Takes two to tango. Not every fight is worth fighting.

And, seriously, I very much doubt the lack of parts is due to the views expressed here or vendors seeing the comments. If there was a real sporting version of the Versa (or if it was really worthy sporting platform) things would be a whole lot different. Nissan showed a sporty concept car, then produced a no frills people mover. It is what it is. I maintain that this is the wrong car to own if you want a sport compact. But if you wish to mod and personalize it, go for it. It's your car. Just don't expect others to be as enthused as you are for what you've done to it. That's just the way it is with forums.

And if you really want parts made, get organized! Gather up people like you and start writing companies to have parts made that you can actually pay with money. Nothing motivates vendors and manufacturers like cash. Passively complaining about the lack of support online won't get you anywhere. Get active! This is how the sport compact scene started back in the 80s when most of you were born. Comments in the forums have nothing to do with it. They don't have time to read this crap. For that matter, we really only have one here and when was the last time you saw Bob from versaspeed post? been a while hasn't it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are serious about modding and want parts made, get organized and start writing group letters (and have money ready). That's the only way it'll get done.

Modified by feloniousmonk at 6:29 PM 2/25/2009
My thoughts exactly.

Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

I would suggest for those "anti modders" of the Versa to take a look at the old continent, Europe. There are a lot of organized races with "economy/commuter/small cars" that have 1.4, 1.6 or 2.0 liter engines: See Peugeot 206, Renault Clio, Ford Escort, etc...

Red Devil

Onyxblue wrote:I would suggest for those "anti modders" of the Versa to take a look at the old continent, Europe. There are a lot of organized races with "economy/commuter/small cars" that have 1.4, 1.6 or 2.0 liter engines: See Peugeot 206, Renault Clio, Ford Escort, etc...
That's so spectacular that I couldn't care less!

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Red Devil wrote:Who exactly are you to tell us what we can and can't say? We have every right to express our opinions on the subject. Just because we don't agree with you, doesn't make us haters. We just have a difference of opinion than what you like. Just because it's a different one, doesnt mean we can't express it, wether it be positive, constructive or negative.

You have every right to express your opinion. You're right there. I was more or less asking not telling. I don't have a problem with people expressing opinions different from my own. I've seen many a comment where someone didn't like something I did. It's okay, it's my car. The problem is that you don't ever want to see anyone do anything to their car. If it's not tint or stock it's against your philosophy. I'm just tired of the broken record and all of the aggression that comes out of it and then watching threads getting locked with the OP never getting their question answered. It's not conducive to "forum" discussions. I realize that tone doesn't carry well across the internet and I'm speaking from pure exhaustion, not anger.

On that note. I'm done responding to what you shovel. Say what you want I'll skip your posts and hope that others will do the same so that we can turn this forum back into a place for people to ask questions, share ideas and receive credible input.

Red Devil

BlueMango wrote:
You have every right to express your opinion. You're right there. I was more or less asking not telling. I don't have a problem with people expressing opinions different from my own. I've seen many a comment where someone didn't like something I did. It's okay, it's my car. The problem is that you don't ever want to see anyone do anything to their car. If it's not tint or stock it's against your philosophy. I'm just tired of the broken record and all of the aggression that comes out of it and then watching threads getting locked with the OP never getting their question answered. It's not conducive to "forum" discussions. I realize that tone doesn't carry well across the internet and I'm speaking from pure exhaustion, not anger.

On that note. I'm done responding to what you shovel. Say what you want I'll skip your posts and hope that others will do the same so that we can turn this forum back into a place for people to ask questions, share ideas and receive credible input.

This is rich. When have I ever said I never want to see anyone modify their cars? I've only ever expressed my opinion on these things, never told anyone never to post any modded vehicle so I can't see it. I've never told anyone to never ever modify their car. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

I don't know where you get this whole idea from. I usually try to be constructive to a point, trying to explain my position and its merits. So far as I can tell, you're the broken record. I always try to explain my position without trying to cause any ill will, yet you and the "others" always bring in the attitude that gets the topic going downhill. It's always, "You need to positive/ you can't tell people not to mod". It's really old and played out.

I challenge you to point out more than 1 topic, that as a result of my posting, has been locked with a question never answered. Go! Find one. I'll be waiting for you to find one. In the meantime, your intolerance in the last topic clearly shines through. If you didn't have any issues, why make a big deal about it?

I have no idea why you have such a negativity to people trying to express a conflicting view. You think my posts are preventing people from asking questions, expressing their views and letting the forum be credible? That's a laughable idea. Have I been banned and created accounts just to argue with you? Have I told someone their question was moronic without answering it? Have I ever told someone they can't say something? Never.

Go create a forum or something where you'll only have positive comments and where pretty rays of sunshine make rainbows of happiness whenever someone makes a nice comment about modded V's. So long as anyone can express their opinion/views I'll keep on "shoveling" them.

Return to “Versa General Chat”