Silvia Digital Climate control Instructions................

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ericherm1
Car: 1997 Pickup XE 2.4L 4x4 Single cab short box
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR
1991 240sx SE SR20DET + S13 Silvia Front end swap (Sold)

The air mix door is pre-wired through the subharness so you don't have to rewire any part of that. The only thing that you have to do is customize the metel rod. If its not working check your connections and the rod position. Mine used to get caught on the blower extension, ended up burning it out so I had to replace it.

braintumor
Car: 240sx coupe, 180sx RHD, AE86

Im wondering about my sub harness? I have the entire jdm underdash harness and sub harness from my rhd conversion- but it appears the sub harness I have is from the non-digital climate controls, but still has the auto function(have the wires in your pics for sun/temp sensors) and the only wire I am missing is the lone red wire!?!? the one needed, from sub-harness, to hook up to the bat. swapped over the green/white, grounded the red/yellow, and boom no red wire? I was wondering if there is a coresponding wire on this harness that would be the same as the red wire on full digi-sub harness? which wire needs the power from bat? and clarifying the initial wiring steps- the red to batt, green/white swapped over, and the red/yellow grounded is just to get the unit to turn on? and with these wires hooked up it will turn the A/C on/off ,but only on one fan speed and only to defrost? I know u answer these questions a hundered times a day ,but Im a little fuzzy on it even after reading it a hundred times(literally!!!) and if this harness is no good for the install do I need the non-jdm slider one(full digital w/2 black plugs not the 3 I have 2black 1white)?

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

I'm pretty sure that the non- and digital JDM harness will work but I"m not 100%, because the only ones that I have worked with are the digital ones.

nightxwing

hey eric, this is driving me nuts, lol. the wire mixmatching on the brown plug is making me confused. if i put the brown plugs' pins in its original order(usdm) and work my self on the other side of the harness and match it up over there, wouldn't it have worked the same way if i repinned the brown plug to match the jdm brown plug(the first try i did)

thanks, don

braintumor

everything looks the same as the ones u have pictured, except for a few wires/colors. the first is the absence of the red wire on sub-harness. and the little white plug where u get the green/white for ign+ your pics show one being blue/purple while mine is another green/white. any info on where tha wire goes/controlls? where does the red wire(b1 u have it labled) come from on the sub harness? what is it suplying power to? cause if i dont have it on mine I have to figure out what needs power(batt+)

braintumor

I still have my brown plugs in there original configuration usdm and jdm if u need the color orders?

nightxwing

i, too have both jdm and usdm brown plugs with me, including the white harness on the other side of them. i went to the junkyard for that usdm spare because i forgot the color order on them.

you'd definitely need that red single wire(bat+) and the green/white wire(ign+). those should have been included in the jdm subharness. if not, that harness u have is probably not for the DCC unit. it may be for the jdm analog type with an AUTO function. not 100% sure, but that's just from what i've been reading up on since i've research on this DCC stuff.

braintumor

thats the harness I have analog w/ auto climate. I have the green/white wire for ignition swaped to big white plug, and the red/yellow grounded coming from the white plug. since I dont have the red wire from the all DCC harness, I need to know what wire on the analog harness would I connect to the batt+(red/black wire) for power? pretty sure its the same harness, just need to know the coresponding wire color - red = ??

nightxwing

today i have everything working, as it should. finally figured out the brown plug, so the mode controls are where they at, vent-vent..foot-foot..def-def.blower goes thru all 4 settings from lowest to highest. airmix motor moves and rotates according to the temp set when pushed up and down.great mod for those who'd like to do it. just wished i had factory a/c on my car.

braintumor

well the jdm analog w/auto sub-harness will NOT work for full digital controls! I got the full DCC harness and hooked it up as per your instructions. with just the 3 wires hooked up (batt,grnd,ign) I have illumination, the screen comes on, the recirculate works, and I can cycle through the face/foot/defrost buttons(although I cannot hear it switching places). this is all im supposed to have with just the 3 wire hook up correct? because Ive been reading and some people say that the fan comes on high through defrost when on while others say nothing happens? I have nothing else plugged in or attached but the 3 wires and the blue relay unplugged. what am I supposed to get from that? and for the guys who have it come on while in the on possition-what else have u hooked up? just trying to figure out if the controler is busted/fryed. or if I did something wrong.

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

In order to test the fan you need that blue relay plugged in.

braintumor

its plugged in on the jdm subharness- to have the fan(one speed) it needs to be plugged in on the usdm harness? that is until I get the jdm fan speed sensor/wiring complete for it to cycle through fan low/med/high?

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Finally got the bi/level motor working and positioned so that it moves the lever and cycles through all the positions. Still haven't been able to track down a JDM blower resistor. The problem that I am having now is no heat. I'm going to check the fuses in the morning but any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Modified by positronone at 7:22 AM 3/23/2007

P_Productions
Car: 1996 240sx Se

I am going to be attempting this very soon

Anyone have pics of how they converted thier cable powered selector to a electric one?

bps71
Car: 96 240sx w/ sr20det

I have the climate cotroller with jdm harness but no plug for the sun sensor ... Does this use existing plug on harness???

P_Productions

Hello,

I'm attempting to convert my analog climate control into a digital climate control. I purchased a semi complete Digital controller. I'm a little confused on what parts I need to have everything needed.I have been reading this thread for a while but I want to make sure I have a complete understanding of what I am going to do.

According to member ericherm1, I need this following parts

1. Japanese Digital Climate Control I have

2. Plug to fit Japanese Digital Climate Control (from 89 Infiniti i-30) I have

3. Sunload sensor* (from 96 Maxima) I have 4. Plug for Sunload sensor* Need to get

5. Ambeint Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 6. Plug for Ambient Air Temp Sensor*

7. In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) ) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 8. Plug for In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor*

9. Aspirator* (from 89 Infiniti i-30) Where is it located on the i-30, what does it look like?

10.Thermo Control Amp (from 96 Maxima) ) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 11. Plug for Thermo Control Amp

12. Thermal Transmiter (from 89 240sx) ) Where is it located on the 240sx, what does it look like? 13. Plug for Thermal Transmiter

* = Not needed if you do not wish the AUTO function to work. AUTO fuction keeps interior at a selected air temperature.

Will I still need these parts even though I already have a JDM harness?-Extra Parts you need to make a new harness 14. Plug for Intake Door Motor 15. Plug for Door Mode Motor 16. Plug for Air-Mix Door Motor 17. Plug for Bi-level Door Motor 18. Plug for Blower Motor

Heres a pic of what I got. ANy help, suggestions.

P.S If I get everything working I will make a Write up with alot of pics and credit those who have helpedThanks in advance

P_Productions

Anyone?

nissanparts.org
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX
2006 Sentra Spec V

Why is this thread not stickied? it deserves it by now IMO.

P_Productions

P_Productions wrote:Hello,

I'm attempting to convert my analog climate control into a digital climate control. I purchased a semi complete Digital controller. I'm a little confused on what parts I need to have everything needed.I have been reading this thread for a while but I want to make sure I have a complete understanding of what I am going to do.

According to member ericherm1, I need this following parts

1. Japanese Digital Climate Control I have

2. Plug to fit Japanese Digital Climate Control (from 89 Infiniti i-30) I have

3. Sunload sensor* (from 96 Maxima) I have 4. Plug for Sunload sensor* Need to get

5. Ambeint Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 6. Plug for Ambient Air Temp Sensor*

7. In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) ) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 8. Plug for In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor*

9. Aspirator* (from 89 Infiniti i-30) Where is it located on the i-30, what does it look like?

10.Thermo Control Amp (from 96 Maxima) ) Where is it located on the Maxima, what does it look like? 11. Plug for Thermo Control Amp

12. Thermal Transmiter (from 89 240sx) ) Where is it located on the 240sx, what does it look like? 13. Plug for Thermal Transmiter

* = Not needed if you do not wish the AUTO function to work. AUTO fuction keeps interior at a selected air temperature.

Will I still need these parts even though I already have a JDM harness?-Extra Parts you need to make a new harness 14. Plug for Intake Door Motor 15. Plug for Door Mode Motor 16. Plug for Air-Mix Door Motor 17. Plug for Bi-level Door Motor 18. Plug for Blower Motor

Heres a pic of what I got. ANy help, suggestions.

P.S If I get everything working I will make a Write up with alot of pics and credit those who have helpedThanks in advance

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

Ok, first the large circled one up top is the in car air temp sensor, the white plug on the left with the single red wire is the 12+ wire, the 2 green wires go to the sun sensor, the white plug on the right has some wires that you will need to repin for the fresh air vent motor I believe. and the black one goes to the air mix door.

P_Productions

Thank you for the respond! Few questions:

1.ericherm1 You said one of the plugs needs re-pinning. You refering to the grey plug that plugs into the USDM harness? Also can you tell me which wires I will need to repin?

2. IS the USDM Blue relay the same as the JDM one?

3. I still need to get the following sensors (listed below) to get it to operate in the Auto functions but in the case I am unable to get the JDM sensors, the sensors from a 96 MAxima with digital climate control will work with the JDM unit, correct? Also anyone have pics of what the sensors look like? Or the location of them ?

Plug for Sunload sensor* Need to get Ambeint Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) Plug for Ambient Air Temp Sensor* In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor* (from 96 Maxima) )Plug for In-Vehicle Air Temp Sensor* Aspirator* (from 89 Infiniti i-30) Thermo Control Amp (from 96 Maxima) ) Plug for Thermo Control Amp Thermal Transmiter (from 89 240sx) ) Plug for Thermal Transmiter

As soon as I get the rest of the sensors I will begine my install but will the unit operate without the sensors listed above? I just wanna see if the unit works.Thanks in adavnce

Updated Pic!

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

Please read the first page of this thread.

P_Productions

Will the sensors and motors from a JDM analog climate control work with the digital? The JDM Analog control has the auto funtions.Thanks

Dammitboy
Car: 92' Nissan 240

Read somwhere those components were not compatible. You'd still be lacking your sensors for the auto function.

Eric, does your a/c work in your swap?

P_Productions

Hmmmm.......

Well here are pics of the sensors and such, just in case someone can verify this. Cause they both have the auto function ?

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

P_Productions wrote:Will the sensors and motors from a JDM analog climate control work with the digital? The JDM Analog control has the auto funtions.Thanks
Yes and no, all the sensors for the auto feature will work ie, outside temp sensor, inside temp sensor, and sun sensor. The only thing that you will need is the mode door motor.

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

Dammitboy wrote:Read somwhere those components were not compatible. You'd still be lacking your sensors for the auto function.

Eric, does your a/c work in your swap?
Yes, I only need a redtop compressor and bracket. I tested the wire that goes to the compressor with a multimeter and it does work like normal. So anyone out there have a good redtop a/c compressor with the bracket.

Just FYI, the blacktop motor comes with the newer type refrigerant I think its R134. Well that compressor and bracket will not work with your existing a/c lines without extensive modification.

I chose to retain my factor 240sx a/c lines so I need that redtop compressor and bracket.

Anyone?

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

yes those are most of the sensors that you need, you are missing the Thermo sensor that looks like a long pencil looking thing that is held on by 1 screw next to the fan speed sensor. Becarefull they are very hard to getout without breaking them.

P_Productions

So I am lacking 2 sensors that are required to have the auto function?Thermo sensor and the Bi-level door motor, correct?Thanks for all the help guys!

Steve Lloyd

Where can I get a JDM harness from?? I live in nowwheresville Florida and can get the sensors from a junkyard, but have no source for JDM parts.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”