Recent purchase for 2018 Rogue SL?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Leo1818
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

HI, I am not sure if we could discuss purchase price here, please let me know if I should post in other place.

We recently got an quote of 18 Rogue SL AWD with platinum at $31K (before tax) for MSRP around $37K. Is this a good deal? Thanks.

We also consider about 19 SV with sun and sound. Since it is also added with pro pilot assistant. The only difference between 18 SL and 19 SV would be leather seat and wheel size. The price difference could be $2K to $3K. Is it worth to pay that much for leather seat? Thanks a lot.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

The SL is more than just leather seats and larger wheels, there are three packages a Premium and two Platinum ones for the SL. You also get LED headlights, high beam assist, electronic parking brake, heated steering wheel, just to name a few more things and there are others. The incentives will be greater on the 2018 obviously. Yes the 2019 SV will have more standard options than what was on the 2018 model. It's really up to what you want or need for options.

Leo1818

Frzninvt wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 am
The SL is more than just leather seats and larger wheels, there are three packages a Premium and two Platinum ones for the SL. You also get LED headlights, high beam assist, electronic parking brake, heated steering wheel, just to name a few more things and there are others. The incentives will be greater on the 2018 obviously. Yes the 2019 SV will have more standard options than what was on the 2018 model. It's really up to what you want or need for options.
Thank you for the reply.

Not sure about the LED headlights. But I am positive that the others are included in 19 SV with sun and sound. That is reason I cannot decide.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Leo1818 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:55 am
HI, I am not sure if we could discuss purchase price here, please let me know if I should post in other place.

We recently got an quote of 18 Rogue SL AWD with platinum at $31K (before tax) for MSRP around $37K. Is this a good deal? Thanks.

We also consider about 19 SV with sun and sound. Since it is also added with pro pilot assistant. The only difference between 18 SL and 19 SV would be leather seat and wheel size. The price difference could be $2K to $3K. Is it worth to pay that much for leather seat? Thanks a lot.
$37k for a Rogue???? :wtf2:

That's way too much! I'd get an Infiniti or Acura or BMW or any luxury brand or a bigger 3-row crossover (Pilot, Pathfinder) at that price point. Bargain that price down if you can or shop around other dealers (even go couple hundred miles far if you even have to get a better deal). Also, try to use as many promotions and deals to bring it down.

SL- Leather interior, larger wheel size, Bose Audio system, LED (optional) but halogens standard, option for brown interior, gets you positive comments on how luxurious the Rogue is (I got positive comments from friends when I took them around town in my 2016), expensive

SV- Cloth interior, small wheel size, too many packages, Halogens, Bose audio (under sun and sound package), has most of the same things that are found standard on the SL trim, too many packages to choose from, cheap but gradually gets expensive to a similar price point of an SL.

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

You won't get near an Acura, Infiniti, or BMW SUV for $37K more like $45K - $50K unless you go used. My sticker was $36,975 but with my VPP pricing I got it for dealer invoice. I did not want a gas guzzling Murano or Pathfinder although I did look into them.

Leo1818

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:14 am
$37k for a Rogue???? :wtf2:

That's way too much! I'd get an Infiniti or Acura or BMW or any luxury brand or a bigger 3-row crossover (Pilot, Pathfinder) at that price point. Bargain that price down if you can or shop around other dealers (even go couple hundred miles far if you even have to get a better deal). Also, try to use as many promotions and deals to bring it down.

SL- Leather interior, larger wheel size, Bose Audio system, LED (optional) but halogens standard, option for brown interior, gets you positive comments on how luxurious the Rogue is (I got positive comments from friends when I took them around town in my 2016), expensive

SV- Cloth interior, small wheel size, too many packages, Halogens, Bose audio (under sun and sound package), has most of the same things that are found standard on the SL trim, too many packages to choose from, cheap but gradually gets expensive to a similar price point of an SL.

Frzninvt wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 am
You won't get near an Acura, Infiniti, or BMW SUV for $37K more like $45K - $50K unless you go used. My sticker was $36,975 but with my VPP pricing I got it for dealer invoice. I did not want a gas guzzling Murano or Pathfinder although I did look into them.
Yea, we started our selection from Q5/X3, but the number in my checking account let me settle to rogue finally. :gotme I don't know if I really need leather in a car at this price range. Will it increase the resell value?

BTW, @Frzninvt, we used to live in Burlington for five years. You ID just brings all memories to me. Have you got a chance to test your 18 Rogue in snow/freezing rain?

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

I had a 2016 SL before this one and it handled everything winter could throw at it and that is with all season tires only. We had a good dumping of snow last recently and it trudged through 6-8" no problem since I had to leave before the plow arrived. They are good in snow and probably be really, really good with snow tires.

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Keep in mind that when it comes time to trade, the sun and sound package basically has no trade in value! The SL will be worth more than the SV. If you want all the bells and whistles buy the SL. If not, go for the SV. I personally didn’t want a sunroof or leather again.

The Rogue has up to $5400 in rebates right now. Although I didn’t qualify for all the rebates I ended up paying $21900 after the rebates I did qualify for on my SV w/Premium pkg. Also came with floor mats and cargo protector, chrome bumper protector, retractable cargo cover and splash guards. MSRP was $29285.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Before plunking down over $30k on a vehicle from a company whose cars have a lifespan that's half of it's competitors, you might want to read these posts:

I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!
TEXAS CLIMATE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR NISSAN CVT'S
Starting to wonder if this company has lost its damn mind.
Nissan CVT rant - from the people who know them best.

Leo1818

Lgb0250 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 am
Keep in mind that when it comes time to trade, the sun and sound package basically has no trade in value! The SL will be worth more than the SV. If you want all the bells and whistles buy the SL. If not, go for the SV. I personally didn’t want a sunroof or leather again.

The Rogue has up to $5400 in rebates right now. Although I didn’t qualify for all the rebates I ended up paying $21900 after the rebates I did qualify for on my SV w/Premium pkg. Also came with floor mats and cargo protector, chrome bumper protector, retractable cargo cover and splash guards. MSRP was $29285.
It was 25% off MSRP, really a hot deal.

I am fine with SV but all of my friends just told me leather is the must-have for the family of newborn and pets.

Leo1818

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:22 am
Before plunking down over $30k on a vehicle from a company whose cars have a lifespan that's half of it's competitors, you might want to read these posts:

I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!
TEXAS CLIMATE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR NISSAN CVT'S
Starting to wonder if this company has lost its damn mind.
Nissan CVT rant - from the people who know them best.
Thanks a lot. I think every manufacturer or model has their own "fatal" issue. Rav4's frontal overlap test, CR-V's turbo engine, etc.

I personally had 07 Altima (I believe it had the infamous CVT)for 10 years/90K miles without any issue (It could be Vermont's climate, we don't need the cooler). But I did get rid of it before 100K just in case. I think I will not keep this Rogue for more than 90K miles.

FantomLightning
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select AWD w/ Convenience Package.
Graphite Blue

Couple of things I thought I'd address. I wouldn't worry too much about the trim you picked and resale, in my area the retained value of a used Rogue vs a Q5 like you were considering effectively pays for the Rogue itself.

I'm not in VT and have an older Rogue, but the AWD system is nearly identical with a bit smarter software on the newer vehicles. They're spectacular in snow and ice, put on snow tires and it's practically unstoppable.

For the CVT, a lot of this seems to have turned into fear mongering. Most people will take the time to complain, there are a ton of these out there, and many with a failing CVT have never done any form of maintenance. The VT climate will make it easier for your CVTs, change the fluid every 60K and I doubt you'll have a problem. There are a ton of first gens on CL and AutoTrader with 180K+ and their original CVT.

Lgb0250

Leo1818 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:06 am
Lgb0250 wrote:

I am fine with SV but all of my friends just told me leather is the must-have for the family of newborn and pets.
Your friends may or may not be correct. All depends. There are workarounds to protect your fabric seats from baby and pet problems that can cost nothing. Such as putting a towel down while they are in the vehicle to more elaborate methods. In my case I just couldn’t justify the additional price of the SL just for leather and a roof that I may use a couple of times a year.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Just wanted to note to keep in mind the poster (I believe) is talking about CAD, opposed to USD, which may skew some of these replies..

Leo1818

Karona wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:33 pm
Just wanted to note to keep in mind the poster (I believe) is talking about CAD, opposed to USD, which may skew some of these replies..
It is USD actually. We just made the purchase. I spent one week to persuade wife to choose cloth seat but failed.

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

I paid 32k out the door in July for a 2018 AWD SL Hybrid with Premium Package. It would have been a little cheaper, but I opted for the 0% apr for 60 months vs an additional 2k off.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Leo1818 wrote:
Lgb0250 wrote:

"Leather is a must for newborns" said no one ever! When I was a newborn roughly 19 years ago, my parents had (and still owns) a 99 Accord LX (yeah that car has cloth interior!) So, not sure what your buddies are trying to say, since its not their money that paid for the Rogue. Also, just curious, how much did you ended up paying for the Rogue? 37k is way too high when you said discounts were thrown into the deal.

Lgb0250

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Leo1818 wrote:

"Leather is a must for newborns" said no one ever! When I was a newborn roughly 19 years ago, my parents had (and still owns) a 99 Accord LX (yeah that car has cloth interior!) So, not sure what your buddies are trying to say, since its not their money that paid for the Rogue. Also, just curious, how much did you ended up paying for the Rogue? 37k is way too high when you said discounts were thrown into the deal.
OP’s original post said it would be around $31K. The $37K was MSRP.

chessmaster
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV with premium package
Also 2000 Buick Park Ave.

I have had both leather and cloth seats. Leather is nice, but, there are drawbacks to leather.
For example, the sun tends to crack the leather over time, and, leather seats are not maintenance free. You really need to clean them and apply leather dressing for them to last, regurarly.
While I do like leather, the 2018 Rogue SV is probably the best value for your money in any car. Mine has heated seats, heated steering wheel, Nav, Apple/Android car play, FULL backup camera and boo coo safety features. My 18 Rogue SV has rebates of 3250 plus is discounted by the dealer. I have the SV with premium package for about 25k, out the door. This means including sales tax, title, doc fees, and a whole bunch of other stuff dealers want to add on. I think you would have been happy with cloth seats, and you can buy seat covers for much less than leather, and you can wash them or throw them away when dirty or torn.

Return to “Rogue Forum”