Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Great to have all you guys on board, welcome and feel free to actively join the discussions and post up new topics that you're interested in discussing if not already discussed in existing threads!

geoblek
Car: NISSAN ROGUE

Hi All,

Just got a used 2008 SL AWD Rogue from Canada, to be used mainly by my wife for her daily rounds. Compared to my 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero the Rogue is a real beauty and more fun to drive - no wonder the woman has found a new lover.
I live in Ghana, W/Africa, where we drive like crazy. I intend to fix some shields/protectors for both front and rear bumper before any idiot driver scratches my beautiful second bride. Can any member please link me to where I can see pictures of a Rogue with these shields.

This has a been a great forum so far. Thanks. :yesnod

BrianBattles
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi Folks

I just bought my first Nissan, I picked up a brand-new silver 2011 Nissan Rogue SV with the SL package last Friday (June 3, 2011), and so far I'm very happy. I traded my beautiful 2007 sunburst orange Dodge Nitro R/T because I needed something that got better gas mileage and it was getting to the point where the Nitro was starting to need various types of service (I had put 97,000 miles on it in 4 years), and all things considered, it was the best decision to get a newer, more economical car. And the Rogue came with all the bells and whistles.

Glad to be here and I enjoy reading other Rogue owners' tips, experiences and advice! :wavey:

--Brian

DannyBob1027
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Hey y'all!

I bought a 2011 Rogue this past November and it is the best car decision I've made.

It's a SV chrome trim package on super black. Best interior option was iPhone interface. I've never seen a vehicle with that option. I am in the middle of researching the cost to convert my SV into a Krom trim. I'm only wanting to change the rear end so any ideas on pricing and if aftermarkets are available would be appreciated. I viewed a thread that showed the transition but no pricing.I'm excited to be a member of this forum and can't wait to upload photos of my upgrades.

Cheers!

jhumbertoap
Car: 2010 Rogue S

Hello,

I was looking for a replacement for my 2002 Ford Explorer... great car, but I had tranny and 4 wheel bearings replaced under 60K miles, and tranny repaired again at 150K... while my other car, a Nissan Quest has been problem free for almost 70K. So, I wanted another Nissan in the family.

Tried a 2008 Pathfinder with 30K miles... great power... but horrible handling. My old X handles much better.
Then tried a 2010 Rogue S with 16K miles and I loved it!!
I already put 1000 miles and the more I drive it the more I like it. I'm in the process of making it "my own": I changed wheels and added a rear spoiler. So, it looks much better now. Next step is audio, especially speakers... suggestions are welcome!

myroguejukes
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi ya'll, I've got a maroon 2008 Rogue SL AWD that is just now starting to have a few issues, mostly driver-related.

Came here to research or ask about a specific question Re: driver's side door locks don't work (although it works with the key fob). The dealership says it's probably in the wiring. Rogue was involved in an auto accident, and the dealership blames the auto body shop for getting a used "skinned" driver's side door. Been without my Rogue for a few days: Auto body shop tried and tried, then finally gave up and turned it over to the Nissan dealership. At least the power windows now work, but still...I need my car!

I used to drive it like I stole it (like a Juke), thus, the user ID. Happy trails to everybody.

P.S. I appreciated finally learning why the A/C turns on when switching to vent mode (Rogue FAQs)...that's something I've wondered about from Day One...

RoguesterNE
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
Leather Package
"The Gray One"

Hello all,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am Jerry a new (to me) 2008 Rogue owner. I picked her up in the fall, but just found this forum.. I have been reading thruough it and it has answered alot of questions and showed me a lot of fun things I can do to my car. She had gotten the nickname from my niece of "Slaw D" She always asks if we are taking Slaw D to the store.. LOL we couldnt figure it out, until we saw on the tail SL AWD.... LOL original? No,,, but cute? Oh yeah!!!

Soooo Slaw D came with the leather package, bose sound system.. from what I can tell came with the works... No the rear bumper protector and from what i can tell the front passenger seat does not fold flat.... but Lovin the car so far..

Anyway thanks and Hi
Jerry

circi2000
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV/SL AWD

New owner of a 2011 SL/SV AWD Rogue. Last time I had a Nissan was a Pulsar back in the day that I LOVED. Really happy to find a forum that seems pretty active to ask questions and read about the experiences of other Rogue owners!

PensFan71
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I am the proud owner of a Pearl White Rogue SL AWD. I got it right off the truck with only 6 miles on it. I'm loving it so far after 3 weeks!

NMI
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue S, Platinum Graphite

Just tonight, I traded in my leased 2009 Nissan Versa for a 2011 Platinum Graphite Nissan Rogue. I likes it a lot.
Thank you guys @ Woodfield Nissan for working with me on this.

NikNok
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD
2006 X-trail SE (got fender bender write-off)
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Sport with EyeSight

I just got my 2011 Rogue SL AWD w/ Tech, Spiced Currant color...loving every minute of it. I traded my 90 Celica GT for an 07 Altima 2.5S 2 months ago but saw the Rogue last wk with 0% financing & took my Altima as a trade. Also my wife drives a 2006 X-trail SE, we traded our 01 Rav 4 for it.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/niknok_007/

NSROGUE
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD AirTech Blue

Hi everyone,i am from Lower Sackville NS Canada.I work at Autoport in Halifax so,i get to see lots of new vehicles before they are shipped to the dealers.After being a GM owner for 20 years.Friday evening,i took delivery of my Airtech Blue 2011 Rogue SV AWD.Nice to meet you all,i know i will enjoy my time here.

victoria1819
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360* AWD

Hello, everyone! I am David, the proud owner of a 2010 Nissan Rogue 360* AWD. My question I would like to ask is if anyone has ever heard a loud clunk type of noise coming from the underside of the Rogue after the engine is turned off. Thanks.

MichaelD1953
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV with SL package.
Cayenne Red and loaded.

hello everyone, I am Michael and the proud owner of a new 2011 Rogue SV with SL package. Cayenne Red and loaded. Got a great deal and decided on FWD instead of AWD and hope I have not made a mistake. I live in the mountains of North Carolina and my only issue has been our driveway. It is on about a 15 degree angle and my Honda Civic had a tough time with it but hopefully the TCS will help. The salesman assured me that his drive was worse than mine and had no problems and the gas mileage is better. This will be putting Nissan to the test. On a Honda the breakin mileage is around 125K, and 0 problems. I only traded to get something bigger with pretty decent mileage and the Rogue is reasonable on mileage and I carry about 350 lbs of catalogs and tech books and drawings all the time. I spend 95% of my mileage on the highway and am hoping I made a wise choice and this Nissan proves an awesome buy.
Why are you asking why I did not buy a Honda CRV when I love Hondas so much? From previous experience, gas mileage is poor and not nearly as comfortable and once I drove the Rogue with the CVT, I loved it. Now I hope in 5 years I can say the same about this Nissan as much as Honda earned. Looking forward to sharing with you all.

SnookieTownshend
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi everyone!

I've had my 2008 Rogue (SL AWD, red, all the trimmings, as they say) for about a month and a half now and I love it. it's the first vehicle I've owned that isn't a GM. (Started out with a Geo Storm, graduated to a Saturn SC2 coupe that I also still have and traded in a 2005 Saturn Vue I inherited from my father for the Rogue.) My father wasn't conscientious about maintenance, and the Vue was already suffering for it. I finally cut my losses and traded it in. Now all I wonder is why anyone would have traded in that Rogue. It has everything including a moonroof, which I've always wanted. Unfortunately, the previous owner was a little less than conscientious - the manual was missing (downloaded it,) the brackets that hold the floor mat down on the driver's side are gone, too (they're on order) and I found an (unopened, thankfully) package of Little Debbie cakes way, way, way under the front passenger seat (insert eye roll here.) Like one of my friends said, "That's why some people can't have nice things." (This is the same friend who said the name made him think of "that movie with Sean Connery and the submarine." Which earned my Rogue the nickname "Red October.")

I'm very happy with Red so far, and I want to keep her as long as possible. At least as long as the SC2, which I've had for over ten years and, I'm proud to say, is still in almost perfect shape.

engraverwilliam
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S awd

Hello everybody. Been a Rogue owner for just over a month now. Lovein the car! Anyways hello!

eurovic
Car: 2008 Black Nissan Rogue S AWD, 5% Tint, Roof Rack
2007 Black Nissan 350z Touring Convertible 6SP

Hello all!

I've had a Rogue since 2008 and just decided to join the forum. It's a Black 2008 S AWD with 5% tint, and a roof rack. Not much to it but hoping to add some performance parts as well in the future.

Victor

Ysabelle
Car: Nissan Rogue SV

Hi,

I have a 2011 rogue SV. got it last January 2010. got a question though, whenever in turn off the engine after driving short or even long distance, it has a minimal metal noise clamping each other coming from underneath mainly in all 4 tires. sound is very minimal and will lasts for 5 minutes the max.

any ideas where is this coming from? or anyone with the same experience?

Michaelrry
Car: 2009 Nissan Rouge SL

Hi all,

Just purchased a CPO 2009 Rouge SL. Been looking at a lot of posts and been getting some great tips, thanks for all the great suggestions and hope to contribute when I can.

Mike from NM

Asian
Car: 2012 Black Nissan Rogue Special Edition

I just bought my Rogue the day after Xmas. I got the S model w/the special edition package. So far I really like it. I had a Toyota Tacoma but decided that gas and parking was becoming an issue. It weird trying to get used to driving a smaller vehicle again. Glad to be part of the Nissan family... :crazy:

troyjack

Hey all... just noticed this thread, figured I should check in. I've been the owner of a 2010 Rogue S AWD for about 4 months now. Great vehicle... believe it or not, it seems to have more pep than the Mustang 3.8 liter I traded in. This is a great forum... learning a lot here. This is my first import and SUV, having driven mostly Mustangs, Camaros, etc., so this is new territory for me. Thanks in advance to all the posters and experts who will hopefully be answering my dumb questions in the future!

Shred
Car: 2012 SL AWD

Hello all.

Brought my 2012 Rogue SL home tonight.

Love the new car.

I waited almost a month for a car that was sitting on the lot the whole time because the sales guy entered the colour code into the computer incorrectly.

After assuring me the Nissan site was wrong and my choices were a new new car from the 'port' (10 days) or a new one from another dealer (3 days), he proceeded to order the wrong colour from the port.

21 Days later the wrong car arrived and all the extras were installed.

:wtf2:

Sales team was totally clueless from start to finish.

Maybe it took more to sell a car back in the day, or maybe I was just younger.... But every dealership around here (GTA) was full of schmoes who didn't know jack about the cars they were selling let alone what the competition was offering.

One vw guy told me the Canadian Tiguan came with a broke a$$ navi screen because of the tsunami.

Jeep guy walked around the lot for 20 minutes looking for a limited compass to test drive.

Toyota guy ran after me and said he'd pray I made the right choice.

My Rogue guy told me the 2012 SL had paddle shifters, no ACC, and installed Nissan crossbars to attach a Thule box.

When the box was on the trunk wouldn't open. He tried to say it was a feature not a bug.

Anyway... Despite the front of house idiocy, I bought the Rogue.

I had to keep on sales guy every day to get the car I thought I was buying.

It was the people here and elsewhere on the internet; tirelessly helping answer questions, posting pics, detailing mods they've figured to solve minor issues, providing support for issues the dealers deny...etc. That's who sold me on the Rogue vs everything else. I hope Nissan realizes it and kicks this site some ad loot.

Thanks to links and advice I found here I got a great deal.

The sales guy basically capitulated the second he realized I knew more about the car than he did. While I'm sure not every buyer is as keen as I am, this site made it easy to find out what I needed to know to walking in.

I also found out here that factory Xenon housings from the US ($$$$$) were ideal, but they weren't required. When the sales guy thought it would seal the deal he offered to install HID 6000 kit, and Piaa yellow fogs (I provided bulbs & kit.)

I'd list the people specifically here whose advice or tip I used, but I would hate to leave anyone out.

Lastly. I love the CVT. After driving it for a while I'm even more convinced there are Toyota trolls all over eeyoring CVT because they are years away from something as good.

Thanks again.

RayM84
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV

Hey guys!!!! Proud owner of a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV!!!! very honored to be a part of the Nissan Club!!!! :biggrin:

Decryption

Hi there,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2012 SL AWD with the full shabang. I am joining because I have a ton of questions before I put the pen to the paper. I own a 350z Nismo edition, but have had to leave that in Florida while I work in colder climates with roads that would tear my body and rims to shreds.

RGG
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Hi all, Just picked up (yesterday 3-16-2012) our 2012 Rogue AWD with the SL package. Pearl White, 18" wheels, Nav, Backup camera, Bose sound, Leather heated seats, Sun/Moon roof and so on. I only wish illuminated kick plates wern't an option but included in the package. The CVT is a little differant but I'll get used to it. My wife loves the car, our old car was to low for us to get in and out of (getting older and bad backs).

Nice forum site too.

:dblthumb:

11Krom
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom
2001 SVT Ford Lightning
2004 Audi A4 1.8T

Hello everyone, just bought a 2011 Rogue Krom edition back in September of 2011. I also own a Ford Lightning and post on that forum frequently. Figured it would be nice to connect with some fellow Rogue owners as well.

Here's a few pics of my Rogue..

Norm749
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue AWD

Hi-
I am a new Rogue owner -2012 AWD no options
Graphite Blue. I'm glad I found this forum. I hope I can
help others as I learn more about my car daily.
I have had it 1 month and very impressed.
One question: How accurate is the on-board MPG computer?
Has it made advances since its inital inception?
Norm- Pleasant Valley New York USA

Jacknova2
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL

Just purchased my Super Black 2012 Nissan Rogue SL five days ago and I am thrilled with this car. It should be noted that I chose the Rogue over a Lexus RX 350 as I was a previous owner of a RX 300, which I loved. After careful consideration,however, I went with the Rogue for a few reasons. I personally find the exterior design more attractive. It displays a more sleek, urban style. While the interior may not be quite as plush, I actually think the quality of appointments is similar to the Lexus. It has all the extras I desired and was willing to pay for, including the indulgent, but oh so fabulous, heated seats. My choice of a wonderful dealership and improved gas mileage sealed the deal. Very happy!

JackCrackerMan
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Whats up!
I'm new around these parts, I got my 2011 Rogue SL AWD (Cert. Pre-owned) about 8 weeks ago now and it's probably the nicest car I've ever owned. This is my first "SUV" and also the first vehicle I've owned with AWD/4WD. I look forward to much outdoors with my new vehicle for many years! :dblthumb:

Oneshot201
Car: 2012 Rogue SV/SL - Black Amethyst, Gray Leather

Taking delivery of our new Rogue today!
Glad I found a relatively active forum.

We are getting a 2012 AWD Rogue SV with the SL package. The colors we chose are Black Amethyst with Gray Leather. That color combo is why we had to wait a couple days, had to be brought in from another dealer.
Can't wait to get it! Phone should be ringing any minute with news that it's out of the detail shop and ready to pick up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”