Wouldn't start. Had to replace ipdm AND bcm ... geez

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
davdman01
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

2015 Rogue SV AWD. Never an issue. Paid it off last week. This week it wouldn't start. Good Battery. Took to my local guy and he diagnosed failed IPDM. He didn't have a nissan software license so we towed to the dealer. They verified diag and replaced the IPDM. Still no start. Further diag revealed failed BCM. f*** this, I can get this buying a ford or gm. I buy japanese for dependability. $1900 total bill (incl first guys diag time). Did some searches on here, too little too late. My local guy said the OS on a new ipdm had to be downloaded and the license was $350/yr...not worth it to him. Hence the move to the dealer. Nothing like this on my 2014 Armada so far, thank goodness.

Dave

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Sorry for the delay in responding. Please take a moment to read these topics and share your thoughts.
POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?
I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

davdman01

update: i dont seem to be able to edit orig post...not sure why. The story continues...I notified Nissan customer care that my cost of ownership was 4 times my cost of ownership of my Toyota's and Honda's so I would not be replacing the Rogue with another Nissan. Which really bothers my wife because she loves the Rogue more than the other brands. Nissan apologized and sent me a check for $850 for the unreasonable failures. Day-um! Maybe I'll let her get another Rogue. But I'll be selling my Armada and older Tundra for a newer Tundra. Nissan still scary to me. Gotta please the woman tho, so she will likely get what she wants.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Thanks for the update!

There's a TIME LIMIT for editing posts. If the edit button is gone, the post cannot be edited. Simply add changes as replies to your original post. We had to add this restriction because a few bad apples were making unscrupulous changes to their posts (mostly in the Classifieds).

davdman01

thank you Rogue One. Took the survey. I will likely buy another Nissan but I WAS going to buy TWO nissans...that will not happen now. I love the styling, hate the CVT, love the extra features and thought to make them family friendly...for example Mazda cx-5 does not even have rear air like the Rogue. And my Armada platinum feels like royalty going down the road...big heavy monster with HUGE power.

Return to “Rogue Forum”