VH45 to VG30 Adapter Plates now available

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

As many of you guys saw in my other thread, I am now making VH45 to VG30 adapter plates.

The plate is a 1/4 in piece of A36 structural steel. Instead of having counter-bored bolts, machining bellhousings or using thick spacers, this allows all stock parts to be used. Since this plate is a full circle, all of the factory brackets on the lower end of the bellhousing and the flywheel covers can be used as well..

The plate has 90° countersinks on both sides. The plate is mounted to the engine using the top 4 bolts that are counter-sunk using M10 bolts. On the other side, studs are welded into the plate (actually M10 countersunk screws that are welded in place), so that once the plate is in place on the engine, the transmission simply slides over the studs and lines up perfectly. Provisions for the starter are made, however one has to cut a small piece off the block where the Q45 starter mounted. This is well covered in previous posts.

On my car, I have a N/A trans with my plate, and the small 1/4 in spacer that is behind the VH flexplate, which works with the OEM Z32 flywheel bolts. Everything works exactly as it should..

I am offering these plates right now for $275, which includes all the necessary hardware..

The kit includes the following:
Adapter plate
M14 to M10 threaded insert with install tool (4 pcs)
M10x1.5-90mm (9 pcs)
M10x1.5-40mm (4pcs)
M10x1.5 flange lock nuts (9 pcs)

For this price, the only things you need to supply to make this work are:

1. The stock VH45 flexplate spacer
2. Weld the 9 studs (M10-90mm bolts) into the plate

Everyone that has showed interest in my adapter has said that welding the bolts into the plate is not a problem, so I offer the non-welded version to reduce lead times and also to reduce cost.. If you would like the bolts pre-welded, I can do that... I figure most everyone that is attempting to mount a VH45 to a 5 speed transmission most likely has welding equipment at the ready... :)

Here are some pictures of the adapter..

Side view to show how thin this is

Front view of the adapter showing countersunk holes to mount plate to the block

Back view showing all of the included hardware

DirtyDevo
Car: 89 hatch/93 vert widebody twins.

paypal cool with you? I never heard back from your other thread. Price with shipping to L5M 4Y8 5550 Turney Dr Mississauga/Ontario in USD and ill do the conversion via paypal and send you all the coin at once. All i need is your account info and just fill me in on when your able to get this nice piece on its way to canada! :-) thanks bud

-Devin
[email protected]

Geoffs89Pathy
Car: 1989 Nissan Pathfinder, SASed(chopped for parts)
1991 wd21 D44 coilovers, bumpers, lots more..

its a work of art Wes. you are gonna sell ALOT of these. once mine is on and fulfilling its purpose, everyone i know will be getting my stamp of approval. You rock.
VH power RULES!!!

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Hi Devin... If you can send me an email with your vitals, I'll check on the shipping. I built in $10 shipping to my price, so it shouldnt be too much extra... :)

Actually for everyone too.. I sometimes miss posts on the forum, its not intentional but if you email or call me, you'll be sure to get responded too :)

Thanks for the comments Geoff... If I would have known it would have been this easy, i would have done this YEARS ago with the machine shop i'm using now..

Geoffs89Pathy

i dont know if the popularity was there Years ago, but im glad its done now!

DirtyDevo
Car: 89 hatch/93 vert widebody twins.

wes at q forty 5 .org your current/common email to contact you?

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yes it is... Also, I edited your post because posting an email address in its full form like that only hurts my spam mail situation.. :)

Freakart
Car: 1990 infiniti Q45
2004 Nissan X-Trail

im very interested in one of these tasty little objects.....i've emailed you.

b20vtechb
Car: 90 S13 hatch
VH45det in progress

hey wes i'd like to come get one of these plates! hit me up on aim!

craigztoyz
Car: lots of unique hot rods, and customs, with modern engines, and a good truck to pull the trailer.

Wes, Its Craig in TX.

Glad to see you got this up. Need to get a few ECU's switched, are you still having Shane knock that part out?, and at moment 1 of these to see how well I like it. Doing about 1 a month, (VH45 swaps) would be interested.

Got a few BIG questions though.

Welding the Trans bolts to the plate, and then bolting plate to eng block?

Harden'd steel, chromoly, ?

how many have you ran and driven to test?

Having driven these engines with 5spds, over 35,000 miles, I know how hard we can be on them, just want to check n be sure its safe for this customers 350Z. I trust that you have done the real life testing, as you guided me a bit a few years ago on a couple of the first VH45/Z32 swaps. Thanx, n let me know whats up. Sent you an email @ q45

bohunk
Car: 1990 Miata
1989 240sx

Anyone know if wes ran another batch or if there are any left?

generalz31
Car: 85t z31 daily driver
Vh45 z31 swap (in process)

He. Said he'd keep us posted n the forum and I believe he has to fix a glitch with the plate to make it more user friendly

Jas0h
Car: 1991 Infiniti M30(DD)
1994 Ford F150 (winter DD)

im definitely interested... for some reason I cant PM you. Anyways Im gonna put a VH45DE in my m30 and I want to get one of those plates when I get far enough along. Im a student so I'd rather not spend 600 bucks on one haha

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I thought I posted something about this earlier.. Anyway, Im hoping on monday to take the plate to my machine shop.. What happened is there was a couple dimensions that were off, so before I sell more I need to get this fixed.

Ive been busy with starting a new job, and now that has settled down and I can get back to this...

RideNslidE
Car: 1993 240 hatch the track and a 1993 240 vert DD

Do you have an ETA of when some plates may be ready? I think your design is superior to any of the other companies. I'm curious of the spacer you were referring to, is it just an normal flywheel spacer but smaller? also if i had the entire bell housing milled down the width of the spacer would i not need the flywheel spacer?

bohunk
1989 240sx

Ride I believe the spacer he mentions is a Nissan part already on the motor, between the flex plate and the block. Eagerly awaiting Adapter 2.0 though :biggrin:

RideNslidE
Car: 1993 240 hatch the track and a 1993 240 vert DD

Bad a** for sure the best design and best price to boot. Cant wait to get one.

ICEMAN832
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

to bad i just ordered a brand new Mazworx kit for 250shipped. Tried contacting him multiple times and no response. Im sorry but Im not going to delay my project due to someone trying to make something work. Ill just buy what is known to work and is reliable and wont have any surprises... Just saying. But good luck on the kit.

bohunk
1989 240sx

ICEMAN832 wrote:to bad i just ordered a brand new Mazworx kit for 250shipped. Tried contacting him multiple times and no response. Im sorry but Im not going to delay my project due to someone trying to make something work. Ill just buy what is known to work and is reliable and wont have any surprises... Just saying. But good luck on the kit.
I do not feel that this post is bringing anything positive to the thread, please don't instigate anything. Wes's design is unique in not requiring the transmission to be milled, and patience is a virtue.

ICEMAN832
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

I guess you didn't see the other thread where people who bought his plate had to modify it to make it work....Im not knocking on the product but if your advertising something for sale it 1) should work out of the box 2) the seller should be able to respond to general questions and an accurate time frame. Why spend money on a product that may work and may take awhile to be made, when there are other options available.

lyon23
Car: 95 240sx

bohunk wrote:I do not feel that this post is bringing anything positive to the thread, please don't instigate anything. Wes's design is unique in not requiring the transmission to be milled, and patience is a virtue.
+1 Agree
ICEMAN832 wrote:to bad i just ordered a brand new Mazworx kit for 250shipped. Tried contacting him multiple times and no response. Im sorry but Im not going to delay my project due to someone trying to make something work. Ill just buy what is known to work and is reliable and wont have any surprises... Just saying. But good luck on the kit.
I'm not sure about delaying your project but if you really were in a hurry you would've bought it directly from Mazworx (at full) and not another member here on the forum. And to me if you buy something that belonged to someone else already wether they installed it or not that reads USED in my book.
ICEMAN832 wrote:I guess you didn't see the other thread where people who bought his plate had to modify it to make it work....Im not knocking on the product but if your advertising something for sale it 1) should work out of the box 2) the seller should be able to respond to general questions and an accurate time frame. Why spend money on a product that may work and may take awhile to be made, when there are other options available.
The only PERSON I've seen so far was Geoff and he was a gentleman how he went about it. He did not make it out to be a big deal. You say you're not knocking on anyones product but coming in his thread and stating how you got another company's part for the same price, it might not be knocking but is disrespectfull. Specially when the guy is using his personal time to help out other members. Even now he's trying to get it more user friendly for other people(who I think should buy they're project instead of trying to do it themselves) to use it out of the box. Oh and from what I read from other users is not that easy to get assistance from Mazworx as far as the install goes. I read that Xcessive provides better customer service. I have no problems with my communications with Wes so far. And again if you were in that much of a hurry you would've just called the other place. I've not gotten to the so call modification needed and I've not asked either. This is a project I'm building as a hobby on my spare time, so if I have to wait for a couple of parts is no big deal.
Cheap Fast Good pick your 2.

Not trying to pick a fight but if you would've read all the post in this section you would find out that Wes just started a new job and has limited internet access.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I have been trying to contact my guy at the machine shop and he's been on vacation, hopefully he will respond at the beginning of the week...

Bottom line is I am not doing these plates to make money, just to help people out. I always try and respond to things as timely as I can, but sometimes emails slip through the cracks... I also dont disagree with you, if you're going to sell a product it should work out of the box, which is why Im taking my time to make it right rather than hurry up and have to make more changes...

Let me restate this: I have no personal gain by offering these adapters other than for the benefit of the VH45 community. I have put over 20k miles on my design in my Q45, I also drive my car every day.. I did the first few plates because I needed one too, I am not trying to make a living off selling adapter plates or anything on the forum. With that said, I am trying to get things going again, however its clearly not on the forefront of my thoughts right now for reasons obvious to most.

Again, if anyone wants to email me I can get that easier. My work has the forum blocked for some reason, however I can get on my email just fine.

Geoffs89Pathy

when i was working with wes on the original plate design, and making it work for my application, i just call him up and 9/10 times he answered, was very helpful, and even helped me with other questions not concerning the plate.
as far as the plate goes itself, i gave wes as much input as i possibly could, to make his plate a much better product. and that is exactly what he is doing. so give it time, get a good product for a steal, or dont wait, and stop your bitching.
DONE.
i paid wes for my plate, and basically had to refabb it to work, but i never ever talked bad about his plate because i knew buying it it was a PROTOTYPE, and i was the guinea pig. i took time to study the plate, take detailed notes and offered my sugguestions to make the plate better. for the same reason as wes. obviously not to make money, but to help the VH45 community, that doesnt want to pay tripple what they should be paying to the only two real aftermaket support companies there are.
im glad you got your USED mazworx adapter plate. i hope it gets your job done, oh and btw, mazworx doesnt machine bell housings unless you buy their plate from them, because they are ***holes.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

gs14racer

But then again, any local machinre shop will mill a bell housing and you dont have to bother mazworx since your not buying your plate from them.

And as for mazworx customer service, they sell a very well refined high quality product, they will help you with any problems with theyre product, but they are not an install hotline. If you need someone to hold your hand during an install, well thats what the internet is for.

vmarks

Help me out, what else is needed to pull this off?

Do you take Z32 parts for the trans mount?

Rear diff?

What driveshaft is used?

I'm trying to get a sense of what's really involved here once you buy this adapter.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the other thread.

You use the Z32 clutch, flywheel with the q45 flexplate spacer, z32 starter. Still not sure on driveshaft, mounts or rear-end.

kingkilburn
Car: '93 240SX

Drive shaft and mounts are on you. You can either buy them from Mazworx or Xcessive. As for the diff you can keep it stock.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Just so all you guys know, my machine shop is setting up to do another run, hopefully I'll have some plates to ship in a week or two..

They will as of monday morning have my original adapter plate and will make all the necessary corrections to make it fit properly. I would imagine it will take the better share of the week to get the kinks worked out, and another week to produce maybe 5-7 plates.

Chini12mono46
Car: Nissan 300zx

hi my name is adrian and I was looking fowared by a plate for my z32 looking to swap my vg to vh so if u can email me at [email protected] if u still can make sum thanku

Geoffs89Pathy

type much?

FAST-DATSUN

If there still available call me I would like some. MACK

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”