Rogue Speaker Location

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
photopro
Car: current dodge charger; 09 g37x

Hello; had to trade my 09 Infiniti G37x for a 2018 Rogue SL. Intake valve stuck, maybe tranny issues... Anyway does anyone have a speaker location for the Rogue SL with Bose? The manual and online says 9 speakers, but i count 8... 5 in the front, 2 in the rear doors, and one subwoofer on top of the spare tire which makes 8. Where is the 9th or are there 2 units in the subwoofer housing? i may replace the front door speakers so i am curious for wiring purposes also.
thanks!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The WD only shows 8. The woofer does have a dual power-driver but only one compound tympanum, so I don't think you can really count it as two. Maybe they meant 9-channel, that would be accurate. Wouldn't be the first time the marketing materials didn't quite match the hardware.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Upgrading sound system on 2018 rogue

Bose Sound System or not?
Rogue One wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:16 pm
For the 2nd gen Rogue, the standard audio comes with 6 speakers, while the premium comes with 8 speakers and a woofer in the spare wheel. Remove the cover over the spare tire and you'll find the subwoofer, as it holds the spare in place.

System diagram. AUDIO SYSTEM
Rogue is offered in three well-equipped gasoline engine-equipped grade levels, S, SV and SL. For 2017, the available optional equipment packages have been revised with new content, and three new packages are now offered – Sun and Sound Touring, Platinum and Platinum Reserve interior. Other option packages include the Family Package with 3rd row seating (S, SV), Appearance Package (S) and Premium Package (SV, SL).

The new 2017 Rogue Hybrid (late availability) is offered in two grade levels, SV and SL, and with one package – Premium (SV, SL).
  • Available Bose® audio system with nine speakers (SV, SL)
  • Available Siri® Eyes Free (SV Premium, SL)
  • Available NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 7.0-inch color touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Travel Link and SiriusXM® Traffic (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately) (SV Premium, SL)
  • Available Around View® Monitor (SV Premium, SL)
Bonus Thread: Bose sub woofer in spare tire kindo weak?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The WD still shows only 8:
1 - Dash center
2 - Tweeter RH/LH
2 - Front door RH/LH
2 - Rear Door RH/LH
1 - Subwoofer
8 - Total
So unless they're counting the compound-cone subwoofer as 2 speakers, it's a mis-count.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:42 pm
The WD still shows only 8:
1 - Dash center
2 - Tweeter RH/LH
2 - Front door RH/LH
2 - Rear Door RH/LH
1 - Subwoofer
8 - Total
So unless they're counting the compound-cone subwoofer as 2 speakers, it's a mis-count.
You are correct. IIRC, the upgraded BOSE system on the 2nd gen's was supposed to have TWO subwoofers. Somewhere along the line that never happened and the printed info was never completely corrected.

Return to “Rogue Forum”