Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 and Q70 owners.
asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello everybody. I am looking for the mounting bracket for paddle shifters for my m56x.
Can anyone drop a contact of a person who can help me find this part ?
Thanks
howto-install-paddle-shifters-m37-m56-q70-t603403.html


Larz
Moderator
Posts: 2913
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 pm
Car: 2009 M35 RWD
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Larz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 pm

The member posted the following:
Mounting Bracket
The mounting bracket I ordered was purchased from a vendor I found on the Infiniti scene forum.
He is also a member of this forum: rex9271 (Please contact him to purchase the mounting bracket kit)

Hopefully he is still a member and you can message him.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:11 am

m56-paddle-shifter-upgrade-t603177.html
$130 for the bracket, but it works perfectly.

asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:06 am

I am working on my own version of the bracket. Let's see what the result would be. 130$ for the bracket is too much. I have figured out all the necessary lengths.
Here is the picture
https://ibb.co/gdHhFjG

austin713
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:44 am
Car: 2011 M37

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby austin713 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:51 am

how did you make this? would you mind posting once you get it? i agree, $130 is way too much, especially considering you still have to buy all the paddles and trim pieces too

asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 pm

I just used corel draw to measure all the lengths of that bracket. I first cut the model on a paper, I did it like 10 times until I get the perfect match. At the end I took the paper model to a person who works with iron and steel, and he cut the model from the steel. Thats it. 20$ overall.

austin713
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:44 am
Car: 2011 M37

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby austin713 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm

asafinar wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 pm
I just used corel draw to measure all the lengths of that bracket. I first cut the model on a paper, I did it like 10 times until I get the perfect match. At the end I took the paper model to a person who works with iron and steel, and he cut the model from the steel. Thats it. 20$ overall.
wow. if you could send dimensions that would be fantastic if you still have them.

asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:04 am

austin713 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm
asafinar wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 pm
I just used corel draw to measure all the lengths of that bracket. I first cut the model on a paper, I did it like 10 times until I get the perfect match. At the end I took the paper model to a person who works with iron and steel, and he cut the model from the steel. Thats it. 20$ overall.
wow. if you could send dimensions that would be fantastic if you still have them.
No problem, I would send them these days.

jeaosos
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am
Car: Infiniti Q70L

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby jeaosos » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Seems Rex didn't supply the bracket, that would be fantastic you can send the dimensions!
Thanks a lot!

asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am

Guys here is the file corel Draw file where all the measures worked for my infiniti M56. I have redone it 10 times to get the exact size so now it fits perfectly. Hope this will help you guys.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nlAvuE ... sp=sharing

jeaosos
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am
Car: Infiniti Q70L

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby jeaosos » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 am

asafinar wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am
Guys here is the file corel Draw file where all the measures worked for my infiniti M56. I have redone it 10 times to get the exact size so now it fits perfectly. Hope this will help you guys.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nlAvuE ... sp=sharing
Thanks a lot! The file is good, may I ask how much is the thickness?

asafinar
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am
Car: Infiniti M56x 2011

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby asafinar » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:44 am

You're welcome. Forgot to measure the thickness but it was around 2-3 milimeters.

User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Just got lucky and found a steering rack with paddle shifters. The whole thing for under $100 shipped. So seems like a good cheaper source for paddle shifters.

I need to take I apart to see what the bracket is from factory.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:30 pm

biggie wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Just got lucky and found a steering rack with paddle shifters. The whole thing for under $100 shipped. So seems like a good cheaper source for paddle shifters.

I need to take I apart to see what the bracket is from factory.
Nice. I believe you need the swap out the column itself. The sports and non-sport have different part numbers

User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Yoda's Master wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:30 pm
biggie wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Just got lucky and found a steering rack with paddle shifters. The whole thing for under $100 shipped. So seems like a good cheaper source for paddle shifters.

I need to take I apart to see what the bracket is from factory.
Nice. I believe you need the swap out the column itself. The sports and non-sport have different part numbers
Ah that would make sense why it looks different then.

Might try to sell this whole column after I get the paddle shifters off. Maybe just sell the column switches as well.

austin713
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:44 am
Car: 2011 M37

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby austin713 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 am

biggie wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Just got lucky and found a steering rack with paddle shifters. The whole thing for under $100 shipped. So seems like a good cheaper source for paddle shifters.

I need to take I apart to see what the bracket is from factory.
really interested to see how this plays out. i have found several local ones but dont want to dive in if the factory bracket cannot be easily removed and transferred.

User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:20 am

austin713 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 am
biggie wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Just got lucky and found a steering rack with paddle shifters. The whole thing for under $100 shipped. So seems like a good cheaper source for paddle shifters.

I need to take I apart to see what the bracket is from factory.
really interested to see how this plays out. i have found several local ones but dont want to dive in if the factory bracket cannot be easily removed and transferred.
Took off the paddle shifters last night. The Sport model steering column is different, has the mounting built into it, nothing you can remove to transfer over.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:33 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:20 am
austin713 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 am


really interested to see how this plays out. i have found several local ones but dont want to dive in if the factory bracket cannot be easily removed and transferred.
Took off the paddle shifters last night. The Sport model steering column is different, has the mounting built into it, nothing you can remove to transfer over.
Yup, that's why i said you need to swap the whole thing. But didn't you buy the brackets already?

User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Yoda's Master wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:33 pm
biggie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:20 am

Took off the paddle shifters last night. The Sport model steering column is different, has the mounting built into it, nothing you can remove to transfer over.
Yup, that's why i said you need to swap the whole thing. But didn't you buy the brackets already?
Yeah I did, literally just got the whole steering column because it was cheaper than just the paddle shifters by themselves.

Now I just have extra headlight/wiper switches and extra paddle shifters wiring if needed.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:38 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Yoda's Master wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:33 pm


Yup, that's why i said you need to swap the whole thing. But didn't you buy the brackets already?
Yeah I did, literally just got the whole steering column because it was cheaper than just the paddle shifters by themselves.

Now I just have extra headlight/wiper switches and extra paddle shifters wiring if needed.
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

jeaosos
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am
Car: Infiniti Q70L

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby jeaosos » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Image
Image
Hi, I just follow your Corel Draw file to made the bracket for the paddle shifter, I think the position is a bit lower.
I want to make the paddle shifter a little higher but I don't know would it fit for the shell under the steering wheel. Please guide me, thanks a lot.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:56 pm


User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 am

Don't think any of them come with the switch connector though.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby Yoda's Master » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 am

biggie wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 am
Don't think any of them come with the switch connector though.
No they don't, those are just bigger paddles. That's the only way to sit the paddles higher than the stock location.

jeaosos
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am
Car: Infiniti Q70L

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby jeaosos » Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 am

I just made the bracket, but the plastic cover of steering wheel didn't fit for the paddle shifter.
Where can I buy the sport package cover?

User avatar
biggie
Moderator
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:31 am
Car: '11 M56S/'14 Q60S Vert/'12 QX56
Location: Clemmons, NC
Contact:

Re: Paddle Shifter mounting bracket M56x

Postby biggie » Mon May 04, 2020 8:32 am

jeaosos wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 am
I just made the bracket, but the plastic cover of steering wheel didn't fit for the paddle shifter.
Where can I buy the sport package cover?
Here is the part number. Just search around online to find the best price.

48470-1MA2B

I found it for $157 shipped when a dealership was having a sale.


Return to “Infiniti M37, M56 and Q70 Forum”