OFFICIAL: NicoClub's Rally 240SX, by Finnish Fury Rallysport

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Speedy7_7
Car: 2002 IS300 And 2008 Nissan Versa

I have to get up there and get my hands dirty. The garage feels empty and hopeless without the racecar in it.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

i need to get off my butt and load the block into the truck. then i need order parts for reassembly.

Nicotine
Car: 2000 Z3 Coupe
2008 Sentra SE

Now I'm officially following your build!

Good luck again!

IanS

Thanks!!

Just woke up, got back from Sno*Drift Rally. Had a lot of fun Piloting the Subaroots #239 car. I was just out to enjoy the race, and finish with the car in tact. My C0-Driver had different ideas, she pushed me all weekend. Despite my lack of practice in an AWD car, and my virginity to ice racing, I took the fight to the other teams. The conditions were less then sketchy, polished ice everywhere, and snow banks that were too small. We pushed though, and I was delighted to pull off a 4th in class 11th over all finish on Friday. I added some dents to the car, but she was ok. Snow was falling on Saturday, so I went out with renewed vigor. Despite pulling out other competitor vehicles on stage, both Friday and Saturday, we were able to pull off an unbelieveable 2nd place finish in class, and 7th overall. All thanks to the hard work of the Subaroots Rally Team, also known as the Roots Crew. They did an increadible job, and the whole event went off without a hitch because of them.

Now I need to get my car back together so I can try to put Nissan back on the podium.

Will post pictures and video some time this week.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

WOhooo! Congrats man! Sounds like you did awesome, especially for all the "firsts" you encountered.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Hurry up man! 100AW is less than 4 weeks away!

IanS

Finally dropped the cylinder head, pistons, and engine block off at the machine shop. They will be honing the cylinders, checking bore, decking the block. They will also be milling the head, pulling the valves and checking guides and seats, as well as installing new valve seals. I should get everything back after they hot tank it all some time next week.

Still working on getting all the pictures and videos from Sno*Drift put together. You can see some of it on the Finnish Fury Rallysport facebook page, or you can look me up on youtube at Finnish Fury Rally. The first 6 stages are posted, and I am working on the rest. Slowly but surely.

IanS

Block an head are back.

I posted a new thread about the engine build because there are a few "issues" with the build already. Help me if you can.

building-a-ka24de-for-the-rally-car-nee ... 51636.html

Block is bored .040 over, and lightly decked for flatness.

Head was hot tanked, miled for flatness, the valves seals replaced, and everything checked out.

Rods and pistons (Thanks Kenno470)
Just need to order rings and bearings once I get everything measured.

IanS

This just in, Finnish Fury finally has a real logo.

Drum roll......

Wait for it...............

Ta Da

There are a couple variations to it, and some versions including a flag, but this is the main idea. Huge props to BusyBadger for getting it worked up for me. I think it turned out awesome.

IanS

Got all the rebuild gear ordered up.

Still looking for an S14 upper timing cover and valve cover. Someone help out the NicoClub rally car.

kenno470
Car: 1995Ish Nissan 240SX (P-I: Retired 2012)
1997 Nissan 240SX (P-II: Began 2012)

Crazy how your logo is ridiculously similar to my ACTUAL family crest.

I'll ship out the upper timing cover tomorrow.

IanS

kenno470 wrote:Crazy how your logo is ridiculously similar to my ACTUAL family crest.

I'll ship out the upper timing cover tomorrow.
Some day I will figure out a way to make this up to you, I promise.

In other news, Courtesy Nissan peed all over my cheerios. They had +1.0 piston rings listed on thier website. I ordered them last night. Today I recieved a refund email. The rings are no longer available. :mad:

kenno470
Car: 1995Ish Nissan 240SX (P-I: Retired 2012)
1997 Nissan 240SX (P-II: Began 2012)

that sucks. What other sources have you tried?

Total seal can probably get you going. I think I have a contact over there....

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I wonder why those lines are showing up in the scroll of the one you posted Ian. Image

Here's a .png that I made to throw in my ImageShack locker.

In any case, I'm glad you like it. I was feeling really stumped about where to go with the design until it suddenly came to me.

IanS

BusyBadger wrote:I wonder why those lines are showing up in the scroll of the one you posted Ian. Image

Here's a .png that I made to throw in my ImageShack locker.

In any case, I'm glad you like it. I was feeling really stumped about where to go with the design until it suddenly came to me.
I also have no idea. I didnt even notice them. Must have shown up when I converted the file from .svg to .png. Maybe something goofy with inkscape. Thanks for all your help sir.

In other news. Put in an order for a set of Total Seal piston rings. Lets hope the order goes through and I can move forward. Fingers crossed.

IanS

kenno470 wrote:that sucks. What other sources have you tried?

Total seal can probably get you going. I think I have a contact over there....
I contacted them directly, and they gave me an updated part number. I plugged it in all over and got nothing. I tried Jegs.com, and it pulled up a listing and let me order. The specs listed on Jegs are correct, so we shall see.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

So you have an upper timing cover coming? If not, I may have one... Let me know.

IanS

DeXteR wrote:So you have an upper timing cover coming? If not, I may have one... Let me know.
Kenno said he had me covered. Looks like all I need to find now is a cam and a valve cover.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

I think my buddy Piper is your facebook friend now. He said he had a valve cover.

What cam do you need?

IanS

DeXteR wrote:I think my buddy Piper is your facebook friend now. He said he had a valve cover.

What cam do you need?
One of the 248 duration ones. IIRC its an S14 Exhaust cam (Im Hotswapping). I think I have that covered as well.

In other news, all my bearings, my ARP head studs, and my timing chain showed up. Hope to start engine assembly this weekend.

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

Rawr I reset my password!!! Got in contact with my ex today, and this Friday i will stop by my old house and grab the cover... I'll ship it out Friday! Its already media blasted and ready for paint/power coating. :dblthumb:

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

DeXteR wrote:I think my buddy Piper is your facebook friend now. He said he had a valve cover.

What cam do you need?

And you never reminded me about sno*drift damn you!!! :facepalm:

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Are you sure?

I remembered at the Super Special, but figured it was too late... I'm a terrible friend - I know this.

IanS

DeXteR wrote:I'm a terrible friend - I know this.
Yes your are. To make it up to us, you should pay the entry fee for Magnum Opus, and come co-drive...... :gapteeth:

Im starting to get excited to test this thing out. Rings showed up from Total Seal last night. So I got to go further with the assembly then I expected.

Assembly begins.

Crank that...

2 Slugs in.

A full deck.

I can already feel all the compressions.

ARP head studs FTW!

Head On!

Like Huey Lewis.

I got this covered.

Additional humorous comment.

I might go a little further with it tomorrow, get the manifolds on and stuff, but we will see.

Razi
Car: Moo

Looking spiffy!

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

FlatBlackIan wrote:
DeXteR wrote:I'm a terrible friend - I know this.
Yes your are. To make it up to us, you should pay the entry fee for Magnum Opus, and come co-drive...... :gapteeth:
Get it running and we'll see. :naughty:

IanS

More build progress, and I discovered more missing parts. Maybe.

Shims

Cams and exhaust manifold.

Currently I have a 248 cam on the intake, and a 232 on the exhaust. After some reading, I decided this is where I want to start off. Hoping for good low end and mid range, without a drop off in the upper revs. Basically looking for a broad flat power curve.

Intake manifold on along with oil filter housing, motor mounts, and alternator. Which brings me to my next problem.

Since I gutted everything except the injectors off the intake. I am left with a bunch of open useless vacuum ports. Im thinking about how to cleanly cap them all off. I am wondering if anyone would know where to get vacuum caps or something of the like. I really dont want 13 hoses with bolts shoved in them lol. Anyone have any bright ideas?

I also discovered that I dont think I have a harmonic balancer. I threw the SOHC one on there, but the depth is all wrong, so I will need the DOHC one. Stock prefered. Wish I could afford an ATI super damper.

Ajax
Car: 1991 240sx SE
2010 Mazda 5

I might have my old damper lying around in storage. If I can find it, its yours.

DeXteR
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

FlatBlackIan wrote: Since I gutted everything except the injectors off the intake. I am left with a bunch of open useless vacuum ports. Im thinking about how to cleanly cap them all off. I am wondering if anyone would know where to get vacuum caps or something of the like. I really dont want 13 hoses with bolts shoved in them lol. Anyone have any bright ideas?
You can get vacuum caps from any parts store, but they're usually crap. They harden up and crack. I've never had good luck with them. Why don't you pinch the end and weld them shut? You can put a boost leak tester on the throttle body and check for leaks.

JB Weld would do the same thing. Just don't forget to leak check.

If all else fails, pair them up with a chunk of hose. Use a T-fitting to get the odd fitting.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Would've been nice to see some Finnish fury at 100aw, it was completely dominated by the Polish this year LOL. Maybe next go around...

Return to “240sx General Discussion”