Official CoD Modern Warfare 2 thread.....with a NEW TRAILER!!!!!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
otterman

RCA wrote:
Also I plan on doing a pretty through run down of every Spec-Op mission. So far Echo is impossible
I just unlocked Echo and it isn't that bad. Yesterday I beat the two juggernaut levels on hardened pretty easily playing Solo (no XBL and my roommate hates playing anything that's "too hard")Vet is probably just like the other spec op missions, you just have to do what you did on hardened, only you have to do it twice as fast so you don't get shot lol.

On High Explosive I just keep moving around buildings. Wait for the jugg to walk around the corner and blast them with a rpg, they'll either fall or keep running at you. If they fall, blast them again. If they keep running sprint around another corner and blast them again. I only used claymores as signals that one of them was coming up behind me, I dont think the claymores do much damage. There's also several buildings you can bait them through and blast the hell out of them through the windows. Flashes work well to get a free hit on them or if you're in a tight spot you can toss a flash and gtfo.I just ran completely around the outsides of the map, I rarely went into the middle. There's a nice little alley you can set up C4/claymores on the top right side of the map. I like the rpg better because it seems to make them stumble more, the thumper reloads faster but it's hard for me to knock them down with that.

Armor Piercing is more of a waiting thing. Just grab that .50 cal when you start. If you hit them in the chest, sometimes they'll double over and you can hit their head. I noticed that if I kill one guy then sprint as far forward in the map as I can, they'll eventually start spawning behind you. If you get to the top of the map, set claymores down by the door BEFORE the door that they walk through to shoot at you. This way you can just look down into the hole in the middle of the floor and shoot at the guys running through the map to get to you. Then if one gets by, you'll hear the claymores go off and you can aim at the door and get him as he comes through.

Wetwork is hard for me though, it took me a bit of work to beat that one. I have no good strategies other then duck for cover and shoot back and take out that helicopter asap. lol

Modified by otterman at 2:47 PM 12/28/2009
Modified by otterman at 2:48 PM 12/28/2009

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Apparently you are able to kill the Juggernauts with your knife, it will take a little longer but if you are good enough with the CQB tactics and close work you shouldn't have to hard of a time with them.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

The juggernauts are obnoxious, but ever since I figured out how easy it is to kill them with the Beretta, at least the oil rig ought to be pretty doable. I'll have to work on my knifing tactics. All the other missions are fairly easy with a good partner and some patience, even on split screen (though now that I have my own PS3, I suspect the remaining ones will be easier). Solo pretty much means you have to have even more patience and choose your moments. Not really any tougher than some of the hairy moments in the campaign on Veteran.

initial_jc
Car: KOUKI

i hate getting used to the new maps

is there a nico crew on live?

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

RCA wrote:Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / Matthew
Nico XBOX crew.....I'm back, I need practice....1 month off is too much

initial_jc

ive been trying to play with RCA but it just doesnt pan out

i added you mike accept plz

RCA

I was rocking the other day with Chaotic_Warlord aka CHA0TICWARLORD aka Brandon and it was my first try at hard core. Did pretty good.
initial_jc wrote:ive been trying to play with RCA but it just doesnt pan out

i added you mike accept plz
I sent you invites and you didn't accept then I joined a few of my buddies online and had no room for you when you sent invites, so yea pretty s***ty.

Chaotic_Warlord

RCA wrote:I was rocking the other day with Chaotic_Warlord aka CHA0TICWARLORD aka Brandon and it was my first try at hard core. Did pretty good.
Had a good time today, we actually got teamed up with some good people, it's so nice to actually have enemy locations reported for once. s***ty that I've had my worst match ever today 1-0-14. Trust me HC-TDM takes some time to get used to but once you get used to it it's like putting on an old shoe. It's nice to actually have one shot kills with the sniper rifles even at long range. Stick with the HC matches for a couple of days, you'll get used to it and every time you go back to Core you'll get pissed off that your shots don't kill people right away and go back to HC. I just wish there was a HC FFA mode, core FFA really sucks now that I've been on HC TDM for so long.

Oh anyone want to tell me what you get when you reach levels 66,68,&69? the 1887 is level 67 and the AK47 is level 70, all the challenges are open after level 65.

Pyroniak is on there too he's on my friends list as something like xHtFx FLiPpY he's definately a good dude to play with.

initial_jc

mykill818 should hoped on with me last night my little friend and I were whooping fools

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

Sorry i havent been on lately guys.

And the way it looks i wont be on for atleast another 3 months(the horror).

Im currently in the 3rd world(Zambia to be exact) and the ping on the net is ridiculous, I tried playing a couple games and my grenades were a full 2 seconds late(grenades are the best ping test).

So ill be off for a long time, atleast until i finish up my 3rd world excursion.But when i return i intend on pestering all you NICO fools till we get a full party.

Ill need to get my Kills and Wins up to keep up with RCA

P.S how is the 1887 patch....did it actually work, are they more balanced now?Also please tell me they didnt mess with the SPAS-12, i grew fond of it because it was so underestimated...funny that i underestimated it the most when i first got the game.

P.P.S Ill be posting on NICO at really odd hours because im busy the whole day and only get home at like 8pm GMT-2

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

Mother f***er prestige blows c***

Ghostdrifter88
Car: 2017 Taco

RCA wrote:Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

RCA / cabrita309 / RichNali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / Matthew

I didn't invite you to defend your anything, I wanted you to know we have a pretty good Xbox MW2 community. I would much rather lobby with you...

But your sig will definitely piss people off
add me to that listGhostdrifter88/ Ghostdrifter88/ Henry

Chaotic_Warlord

Ok so apparently levels 66,68,& 69 gives you Killstreak unlocks, how gay is that isht. Made level 67 today. Seriously though, when I get to level 70 I'm going to quit playing this for a while until all the patches are in and there are some new maps and hopefully some decent DLC.

Nali

snwbrdr435 wrote:Mother f***er prestige blows c***
Haha the first prestige is ok.Cuz you get the new class slot, and new challenges for emblems and titles.

Leveling up the first prestige is pretty damn easy actually. Just stick to your favorite weapon and get their challenges and prestige challenges done...and Voila ull be level 70 in no time.

The rest i dont think are worth it, till much much later when the next COD comes out, then you can start hunting the last few emblems and titles which are prestige specific.

eds13
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, 07 Armada LE, 06 M35x, 97 C35 Laurel, 94 JDM Q45

i <3 this game :D i'm a 18 on my 2nd prestige

RCA

Ghostdrifter88 wrote:add me to that listGhostdrifter88/ Ghostdrifter88/ Henry
Done. Also I will be posting the list as my first post on every new page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nali wrote:Sorry i havent been on lately guys.
Yea I was checking the other day and it was like Blackstride hasn't been online in 30+ days... WTF!
Nali wrote:Im currently in the 3rd world(Zambia to be exact)
May I ask why your in Zambia?
Nali wrote:P.S how is the 1887 patch....did it actually work, are they more balanced now?Also please tell me they didnt mess with the SPAS-12, i grew fond of it because it was so underestimated...funny that i underestimated it the most when i first got the game.

P.P.S Ill be posting on NICO at really odd hours because im busy the whole day and only get home at like 8pm GMT-2
Well they did a good job with the Models but they are still pretty powerful and have decent range, but it is much more difficult to be accurate with them. Now you need to at least be pointed at the character to kill them. The SPAS to my knowlege was untouched. I use that one more then any other shotgun. That and AA12.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
snwbrdr435 wrote:Mother f***er prestige blows c***
I find that the first 30 or so levels SUCK! But after a while it starts to not matter. By level thirty you should have:

- Stingers- Thermal (on your fav sniper rifle)- Scavanger- Claymores- Silencers (on your most used weapons)- and Ninja

With these on hand you can pretty much set up classes in any style (knifer, flanker, sniper, air support shooter downer, assaulter, and tuber).

snwbrdr435

Im at like 27 now and already have unlocked most of the stuff i like playing with. I will not be prestiging again. My K/D ratio has dropped due to having to share my account

initial_jc

scilencers own

Nali

RCA wrote:May I ask why youre in Zambia?
Im implementing the greatest computer system of all time.I was supposed to do just one city(branch) but the company ended up making me do 3 other cities and do all the training as well.

So since it took me almost a full month to do the first branch.I guessed 3 months more till completion.

P.S Im a systems analyst in LFT and since i had connections in africa i got my company a contract here.New contract plus a vacation? Win.Win

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

initial_jc wrote:mykill818 should hoped on with me last night my little friend and I were whooping fools
yup sorry, I don't like to leave in the middle of the match, next time. I did get my Mic working again so I am good to go.

initial_jc

im going to go back to forza for a while

but ill be ready to whoop azz sometime soon

snwbrdr435

Well the usual group of kids i played with have turned into absolute ****s and back out of whatever room im in. f***ing gay

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm beginning to think that a lot of people are putting this down, the rooms aren't as full as normal and it takes longer to join a room.

RCA

Forum Name / XBL GT / Name

Nali / Black Stride / Nalisnwbrdr435 / BeatToasted / MacroChaotic_Warlord / CHA0TICWARLORD / Brandonmarlin29311 / Redfox29311 / Loubmike818 / mykill818 / MichaelRobPaulson / robpaulson715 / Gerrystopatnothing / AnkleSpankinCod / MatthewGhostdrifter88 / Ghostdrifter88 / HenryPyRoniak / ?????? / Chris
snwbrdr435 wrote:Well the usual group of kids i played with have turned into absolute ****s and back out of whatever room im in. f***ing gay
We can always be your back up plan

Modified by RCA at 5:45 PM 1/12/2010
Modified by RCA at 10:27 PM 1/14/2010
Last edited by RCA on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snwbrdr435

^ I know i like playing with you guys, have you gotten your xbox back? Havent seen you online for awhile. I think they got pissed off because i murder them if i get put on the other team. I ruined there win percentage.

Chaotic_Warlord

Rich add PyRoniak to that list, http://live.xbox.com/en-US/pro...LiPpY

RCA

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Rich add PyRoniak to that list, http://live.xbox.com/en-US/pro...LiPpY
IDK my XBL account passwords. Can you find him on NICO because I couldn't find him using a member search.
snwbrdr435 wrote:^ I know i like playing with you guys, have you gotten your xbox back? Havent seen you online for awhile. I think they got pissed off because i murder them if i get put on the other team. I ruined there win percentage.
I have been using my brothers so I get a few hours in.

Chaotic_Warlord

RCA wrote:IDK my XBL account passwords. Can you find him on NICO because I couldn't find him using a member search.
He's on my Friends list on XBL, just go to my profile next time you log on to play and go to my friends, he's down towards the bottom of the list xHtFx Flippy, add him through there, I'll send him a message to come on this thread so he can add you guys to his list. I played a couple rounds of CTF with him and some of his friends and we absolutely raped kids, 26-0 on the last round of the day. and that was about par for the whole time.

Chaotic_Warlord

ModernWarfare2.net wrote:Content first, Microsoft thinks like signing a star athleteJanuary 9th, 2010Goto comments Leave a comment

Microsoft recently announced that all the new content of Modern Warfare 2 will be coming to Xbox 360 first and then it would hit other platforms. There were two reactions among the fans of MW2 with this announcement.aaron_greenbergThose fans who are having Xbox 360 got excited where as those who don’t have it complained that Microsoft seemed again locking down content by issuing large checks.

Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg said that he thinks it to be like a sports team, in which when one signs up a star athlete for the team. He adds, “when you sign that free agent, I think it makes your team better. At the end of the day, we want to turn as many people as possible into Xbox 360 fans.”

He also talked about the line-up Microsoft of exclusive content in 2010 as being incredibly strong. He said, “And then to say, on top of that, to take the biggest game of last year, and be the exclusive place you can get that downloadable content first, I think that’s a big deal. That’s a big reason you’d want to buy an Xbox 360 instead of another console. So we think from a business standpoint that’s part of the reason more people are buying the Xbox 360, more people are on Xbox Live, it’s part of the reason more people are buying Modern Warfare 2—more than two to one our box vs. the PS3.”

Greenberg even points out the “bet” Microsoft had put on this game by putting out the custom console. He says that Microsoft wants to follow up the trend of offering the content first.
Suck it bishes, 360 gets MW2 DLC first...

x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

This is f***ing bulls***

Return to “Gaming”