Nissan Crossbars on EX/QX50?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
victorhora

Hey,

Does anyone know if any Nissan Crossbars like the G3805-1AA0001 (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0094NOANW/) for the Murano fits on our Infinitis?

The part number for the EX/QX would be G3805-1BA0001 which it's a change only on one letter (the first "A") so I'm wondering if it fits :)

The ones for Nissan are much cheaper (like 50% of the price when compared to Infiniti). I wonder why... :P

EX-KAT-35
Car: EX35, V70R, Civic

Well for starters the ones you are looking at black and not the brushed aluminum look standard on the Infiniti.
I dont know about any measurements or anything else mine came fitted from the factory.

victorhora

Hummm yeah, but I really wouldn't care paying 50% of the price just because of the color :D Heck I could even paint them in silver hehe =)

I don't really plan on leaving them in the car as I don't find any of those crossbars "attractive" to look :P. I'm only looking to get one to make it easier putting a canoe on top and removing when not using it (assuming they are easy to remove and put back in) :)

Also considering using them for bikes on the roof or a rooftop cargo carriers to carry extra luggage to compensate for the EX's lack of boot space (usually not a problem for everyday but a bit of pain for long trips)

That said there's a few other similar part numbers for Nissan SUV/Crossovers cars of the same like this one for the Rogue which comes in silver (G3805-JM00A01):

https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Nissan-Ac ... 00B3Y7NDY/

And this one for Nissan Quest, also silver (G3805-1JA0A):

https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Nissan-Ac ... 00BK876HG/

I've also considered those generic / universal cross bars which are cheaper, but not sure about their reliability and if it would fit for sure. The ones from THULE looks nice too, but quite pricey for something that I won't use too often, hence why I'm considering getting OEM(ish) :)

Thanks!

EX-KAT-35
Car: EX35, V70R, Civic

Here is a 7 year old link with some debate of either/or for rails:

roof-rails-look-lousy-on-ex35-t516940-30.html

Here is a link to a discussion we had on crossbars almost 6 years ago.

removing-factory-crossbars-t559769.html

Another:

ex35-roof-rails-where-to-get-t558485-30.html

And another:

post6337683.html#p6336878

And another from 5 years ago:

question-about-crossbars-t569249.html

ENJOY!!!

:inoutgay: :wavey:

DHackRSX

I've also considered the oem crossbars.

A couple things to consider:

1. You will have to reach much further over the roof of the car to place you canoe than you would with a thought-out aftermarket option with OEM rails. The OEM curves before planing out flat, so a bike rack or canoe rack will be at an angle unless it's closer towards the center of the roof. Not a big deal with a canoe, but you'll look like an imbecile if you try to carry more than one bike at a time as they will be crowded towards the center of the roof and the handlebars will cause interferences with each-other.

2. The factory crossbars are more unstable than an aftermarket crossbar - forward to back. It's rocky.

I've got a 2012 EX35 with my Yakima railgrabs and roundbars. Very Sturdy. My wife had a 2011 EX35 with factory crossbars and the above two factors were issues that I'd like to not encounter.

Just some words from my experience.

D

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If you're not looking to keep the crossbars on the car all the time, I'd say to go with an aftermarket set. Depending on what you get, it's likely easier to install and remove them as needed.

As mentioned in the various roof rack threads in this forum, the factory crossbars look the most polished, but seem to be quite limited when it comes to function. Since you are looking to put different types of cargo up there, the adjustability of aftermarket crossbars gives them a large advantage over OEM.

I don't think you have to spend too much money to get a decent set of aftermarket crossbars, and there are a few routes you can take. The SportRack brand of crossbars is modestly priced, but guess what? They're one of the value brands of Thule and manufactured by them. Not sold? Maybe you can get a used set of Thule or Yakima crossbars and mounts. They pop up on Craigslist quite frequently, and usually they can be easily found on eBay.

I was able to score a set of used Thule crossbars for a good price. You could tell they were of good quality, as the ones I got were over 10 years old and still in decent shape. I did use them a couple of times, and they were very sturdy. The only downside was wind noise, but I didn't keep them on the car all the time and they were easy to mount and remove.

victorhora

NJGuy wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:58 pm
Guys that's some very good advice!! :)

Although I'm entirely newbie on roof racks I did searched the forum and around the web to get the answer to my first question (fitting Nissan OEM crossbars on the EX) and found nothing hence why I created this one.

But now I'm more then convinced that going with OEM crossbars will be a bad idea because I don't plan to leave them on the car all the time, they are not as flexible and cost more, so no point on trying to fit Nissan crossbars...

As I'm not even sure how often I'll use these, I think I will go with @njguy suggestion of SportRack. I'm sold by the reviews I also saw so far and the price is very attractive ($223 CAD with Amazon.ca and free delivery). This is the one I'm getting based on their fit guide:

http://canada.sportrack.com/p/complete- ... 1098?pp=24

fireant2546
Car: 2017 QX50

victorhora, did you end up getting the SportRack? How does it look? Pictures? Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”