Is my timing off, internaly??

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
2ueceka24de
Car: 89 240sx 93 ka24de

i would think bad alt too did you have it checked at autozone..or a gremlin somewhere...and mine falls to 500 and catches but drops lower when having brakes applied i know brakes runs off intake vacum but idk if thats the problem or what??

S13_RB25
Car: A 240 but no RB yet!

Well I didn't get the alt checked I just got a quest alt, its 110amps, and put that on! But when I was putting the battery terminals back on, the + terminal was touching the post and I didn't see it while I was putting the - terminal on. When that happened I heard a pop+spark sound and now no lights, seat belts, audio, ac, rpm gauge, and etc! Idk whats wrong, im so stumped as of now :( but for your brake problem, check the valve that's on the brake vacuum hose! Its in the middle you wont miss it, you'll see the vacuum line run from the brake booster to the valve and continue towards the int Mani! I forgot what it was called but check the fsm, it'll show you the location and how to check it!

neverlift

pop the fuse panel top off probably fried the alt fuse, its the main fuse and not much of s*** will work without it.

2ueceka24de

every vcacum line is plugged that need to be but still having problem asked a well known 240 guy and he said it was a leak. i even sprayed carb clean over plugged ones and nothing.. anything else that can cause this problem..ive done my homework and am finding everything done right

S13_RB25

2ueceka24de wrote:every vcacum line is plugged that need to be but still having problem asked a well known 240 guy and he said it was a leak. i even sprayed carb clean over plugged ones and nothing.. anything else that can cause this problem..ive done my homework and am finding everything done right
Well the other things you should check the plugs, rotor and wires! Also there should be a vacuum lime that runs from the bottoms intake mani to the FOR, you still have that, right?

2ueceka24de

for? dont know dat abbreviation for the fpr u mean??

2ueceka24de

i stil have the one under the intake tb thats the one for the fpr rite? and for my iacv i have and thats it all the rest are plugged behind head two in the back 4 in the front. i wanna change plugs but no money right now there 65 bucks at sutozone smh

S13_RB25

2ueceka24de wrote:i stil have the one under the intake tb thats the one for the fpr rite? and for my iacv i have and thats it all the rest are plugged behind head two in the back 4 in the front. i wanna change plugs but no money right now there 65 bucks at sutozone smh
After all the emissions are removed, you should a total of three vacuum lines left! One with throttle body, one for the brake booster and one for the fuel pressure regulator!

2ueceka24de

yea i have all of those

S13_RB25

Well the other thing I can say is take the factory grounds off and clean the area and the connectors. My rpms used to drop when I turned the headlights on and I cleaned the grounds for the flip up light motors and its doesn't drop rpms at all now!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”