CHATROOM: Battery Replacement, Life Span, etc

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
koolyce
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 am
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Battery replacement

Postby koolyce » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am

Hi,

My Rogue have 75k km and my dealer told me that I have to replace my battery since I might don't have enough power to start my car on a cold morning. For the moment, my Rogue start perfect so I'm waiting, but I will change soon anyway.

I'm wondering what kind of battery I should go. Is worth the extra money to get a bigger one? I tried on Costco, but the Rogue is not specified :frown:

Thanks


User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

how-long-did-your-original-battery-last ... it=battery
power-up-your-extra-car-gadgets-my-reco ... it=battery
JMed wrote:I was looking at them when my battery died but I went for something that wouldn't hurt my pockets. Here are some prices for Optima Batteries from Advance:

RedTop Starting Battery -> $200.99
YellowTop Dual-Purpose Battery -> $225.99
BlueTop; Deep Cycle Battery -> $229.99

koolyce
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 am
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Re: Battery replacement

Postby koolyce » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks, it give me help.

Anyone have the procedure on how to replace the batterie? I know it is a newb question, but I just never did this and I don't want to lost my keyless system :)

Thanks

User avatar
ImStricken06
Posts: 5056
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento
Location: Within Range
Contact:

Re: Battery replacement

Postby ImStricken06 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

koolyce wrote:Anyone have the procedure on how to replace the batterie? I know it is a newb question, but I just never did this and I don't want to lost my keyless system :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bPLA6jtE0[/youtube]

you will not loose your keyless system

User avatar
minibus4
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm
Car: 2008 AWD SL

Re: Battery replacement

Postby minibus4 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm

koolyce wrote:Thanks, it give me help.

Anyone have the procedure on how to replace the batterie? I know it is a newb question, but I just never did this and I don't want to lost my keyless system :)

Thanks
Disconnected the battery a dozen times and never had a problem. Longest I had it disconnected was 5 hours.

User avatar
minibus4
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm
Car: 2008 AWD SL

Re: Battery replacement

Postby minibus4 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 pm

koolyce wrote:Hi,

My Rogue have 75k km and my dealer told me that I have to replace my battery since I might don't have enough power to start my car on a cold morning. For the moment, my Rogue start perfect so I'm waiting, but I will change soon anyway.

I'm wondering what kind of battery I should go. Is worth the extra money to get a bigger one? I tried on Costco, but the Rogue is not specified :frown:

Thanks
I have a 2008 and the battery pan allowed for a battery an inch wider. Instead of going for the group 35 size battery, I got the bigger 24f group battery which is 1 inch wider with 750 cca's, 935 ca's, and 130 min cap. The Autozone Duralast Gold battery has treated me well so far and it came with an 8 year warranty.

JMed
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 pm
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)
Location: Sunshine State ! ! !

Re: Battery replacement

Postby JMed » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 am

I put on mine a AutoCraft Gold Battery (Group Size 35, 640 CCA) from Advance Auto Parts, priced at $120.99. But since I bought it online and picked up at store, before I checked out I used a Promo code that I found online for $40 bucks OFF if you spend $110 or more and I ended up paying less than $90 including tax and they installed the battery for me ;)

That's a good deal!

TrevorK
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Re: Battery replacement

Postby TrevorK » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 am

koolyce wrote:Hi,

My Rogue have 75k km and my dealer told me that I have to replace my battery since I might don't have enough power to start my car on a cold morning. For the moment, my Rogue start perfect so I'm waiting, but I will change soon anyway.

I'm wondering what kind of battery I should go. Is worth the extra money to get a bigger one? I tried on Costco, but the Rogue is not specified :frown:

Thanks
Removal and Installation
REMOVAL
1. Remove cover of battery positive terminal.
2. Loosen battery terminal nuts (1), and disconnect both battery
cables from battery terminals.
CAUTION:
When disconnecting, disconnect the battery cable from the
negative terminal first.
3. Remove battery fix frame mounting nuts (2) and battery fix
frame (3).
4. Remove battery.
(If you send me your email address I can email you the picture, but it's pretty straight forward with only the two spots to remove the nuts)
When connecting it back up just make sure to put the positive cable on first.

There are a couple things that need to be reset when changing the battery (pinch on the windows and that) but I assume most people just leave it alone. I didn't see anything about the keyless system. You can search the site and download the factory service manual for your model/year if you want all the details.


My advice is to select an appropriate battery and not fall into the trap of "overkill". There are only a handful of battery manufacturers worldwide that sell to a large number of companies that put their logo on them. I would look for a retailer that offers you a good warranty with your battery and make sure you understand the length of the warranty and how much is pro-rated (where you get a portion of your purchase price) versus straight across exchange.

I would have recommended Costco myself, perhaps the person above who gave you a different battery code has given you one Costco carries?

koolyce
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 am
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Re: Battery replacement

Postby koolyce » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks all.

For Costco, there is a book with all the vehicle and the rogue is not specified. I might have to see with the tech, but I'm pretty he will look at the same book. I found one at Canadian Tire warranty for 5 years.

otto888man
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Battery replacement

Postby otto888man » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm

koolyce wrote:Thanks all.

For Costco, there is a book with all the vehicle and the rogue is not specified. I might have to see with the tech, but I'm pretty he will look at the same book. I found one at Canadian Tire warranty for 5 years.
Do not get Canadian Tire batteries as they are not reliable + they will destroy other stuff. I have many bad experience on Canadian Tire batteries. Or Exide that is sold by Part Source as they are the same manufacturer as Canadian Tire.

User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 am

TrevorK wrote: Removal and Installation
REMOVAL
1. Remove cover of battery positive terminal.
2. Loosen battery terminal nuts (1), and disconnect both battery
cables from battery terminals.
CAUTION:
When disconnecting, disconnect the battery cable from the
negative terminal first.
3. Remove battery fix frame mounting nuts (2) and battery fix
frame (3).
4. Remove battery.
(If you send me your email address I can email you the picture, but it's pretty straight forward with only the two spots to remove the nuts)
When connecting it back up just make sure to put the positive cable on first.

There are a couple things that need to be reset when changing the battery (pinch on the windows and that) but I assume most people just leave it alone. I didn't see anything about the keyless system. You can search the site and download the factory service manual for your model/year if you want all the details.


My advice is to select an appropriate battery and not fall into the trap of "overkill". There are only a handful of battery manufacturers worldwide that sell to a large number of companies that put their logo on them. I would look for a retailer that offers you a good warranty with your battery and make sure you understand the length of the warranty and how much is pro-rated (where you get a portion of your purchase price) versus straight across exchange.

I would have recommended Costco myself, perhaps the person above who gave you a different battery code has given you one Costco carries?
Excellent advice! Here's some info I found on another forum in regards to who makes automotive batteries:
I did some research recently on auto batteries and found out that there were only a few "real" manufactures who actually build the auto cells. One of the biggest companies was Johnson Controls. They make batteries sold at Sam's Club, WalMart, Interstate Batteries, Sears Die Hard, ...to name a few. I ended up going to WalMart since Costco didn't carry my group size. They are usually date coded so make sure you pick a store that turns their battery stock often. I had to pay a core charge to WalMart as my state regulates the fee, but it was refunded when I took the old one back. The Johnson built ones are nice as they are technically maintenance free, but you can remove the caps and fill it will distill water when it runs low.


Costco sells Kirkland brand batteries. As JMed mentioned, the battery is Group Size 35. If you're going to buy a Costco Kirkland Signature Automotive Battery, I believe the item number is 12865. I don't have any experience with this brand (don't have a Costco near me), but I can recommend Sears Die Hard (available from Sears and Kmart).

otto888man
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Battery replacement

Postby otto888man » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 am

Rogue One wrote:
TrevorK wrote: Removal and Installation
REMOVAL
1. Remove cover of battery positive terminal.
2. Loosen battery terminal nuts (1), and disconnect both battery
cables from battery terminals.
CAUTION:
When disconnecting, disconnect the battery cable from the
negative terminal first.
3. Remove battery fix frame mounting nuts (2) and battery fix
frame (3).
4. Remove battery.
(If you send me your email address I can email you the picture, but it's pretty straight forward with only the two spots to remove the nuts)
When connecting it back up just make sure to put the positive cable on first.

There are a couple things that need to be reset when changing the battery (pinch on the windows and that) but I assume most people just leave it alone. I didn't see anything about the keyless system. You can search the site and download the factory service manual for your model/year if you want all the details.


My advice is to select an appropriate battery and not fall into the trap of "overkill". There are only a handful of battery manufacturers worldwide that sell to a large number of companies that put their logo on them. I would look for a retailer that offers you a good warranty with your battery and make sure you understand the length of the warranty and how much is pro-rated (where you get a portion of your purchase price) versus straight across exchange.

I would have recommended Costco myself, perhaps the person above who gave you a different battery code has given you one Costco carries?
Excellent advice! Here's some info I found on another forum in regards to who makes automotive batteries:
I did some research recently on auto batteries and found out that there were only a few "real" manufactures who actually build the auto cells. One of the biggest companies was Johnson Controls. They make batteries sold at Sam's Club, WalMart, Interstate Batteries, Sears Die Hard, ...to name a few. I ended up going to WalMart since Costco didn't carry my group size. They are usually date coded so make sure you pick a store that turns their battery stock often. I had to pay a core charge to WalMart as my state regulates the fee, but it was refunded when I took the old one back. The Johnson built ones are nice as they are technically maintenance free, but you can remove the caps and fill it will distill water when it runs low.


Costco sells Kirkland brand batteries. As JMed mentioned, the battery is Group Size 35. If you're going to buy a Costco Kirkland Signature Automotive Battery, I believe the item number is 12865. I don't have any experience with this brand (don't have a Costco near me), but I can recommend Sears Die Hard (available from Sears and Kmart).
Good choice. I most of the time get batteries from Walmart or Costco. They are good batteries. They do not destroy other electrical parts inside the vehicle. One of my friend almost died because of a Canadian Tire Battery. His car died while turning left at an intersection luckily there was no one coming through the intersection. How much did you paid for the new battery? Is it an Energizer?

Otto

User avatar
Qashqai
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 am

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Qashqai » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Last night when I was parking my car, I turned the steering wheel and I realize the lights from the headlights are dimming as soon as I start turning the wheels.

I am not 100% sure, but it wasn't like this before. So I started to think about the health of the battery and charging system. The battery is 33-34 months old, I usually drive for short distances and it gets -40 C in the winter/+35 C in the summer. I always check the fluid level in the cells and the battery has a blanket (when it is below -30 C, I use battery warmer with the block heater to keep the fluid in the battery warm). I am ready to spend 100ish dollars and change the battery before it fails in - 40 C.

First I test the alternator. I watched a lot of youtube videos and the multimeter read around 14.4V when the car is running. So I think alternator and the tightness of the belts are fine.

The first thing in the morning, I measured the voltage of the battery. It was 12.01V. After a 10 minute drive, it was 12.56 V. I went to PartSource (after a 15 minute drive) and the guy measured the battery with his tool under load. It read 12.76V, 432 CCA (should be 585 CCA). The device said I should change the battery.

I read online forums and really confused. These are the things I learned: (Some of them can be wrong, I have no idea)

- I learned there are few major battery manufacturers (Johnson Controls and Exide are the biggest), however depending on the retailer (and the sticker they put on), the quality changes.
- Date of manufacture is important and new battery should not be older than 6 months. As far as I understand, they use letters and years. So ''B03'' is February 2003. However, I have no idea how they label ''February 2013''. Some batteries use a circular sticker like: ''03/13'' for February 2013.
- For Canada: People don't ''like'' Walmart (EverStart), Canadian Tire (Motomaster or Eliminator) and Partsource batteries. I don't know why.
- People in States like Interstate. I found the only shop in Ottawa that sells InterState battery. They ask 155 dollars plus 13% tax for MTP-35. Is it worth it?
- I read good comments about redtop Optima. They are around 200 dollars.
- Should I buy an OEM Nissan battery from the dealer. Probably more expensive, but dealing with warranty should be easier I guess.
- and warranty....there are replacement, prorated warranties. I am not sure how long they should be. Walmart one has 3 years for replacement. Should I look for longer warranty? (I will kill any battery in aroun three years anyway because of short trips)
- Some people prefer to have a bit larger batteries (if I remember correctly, instead of 35, they go to 24F). Is it a good idea in Canadian winters?
- Can cold cranking amps be higher than 585? will it damage electronics?
- I learned that a week battery put stress on the alternator. Is it true?
- We don't have AutoZone in Canada.

So I am asking if any Canadian Rogue owners recently purchase a battery? I need some advice. :confused:

User avatar
Qashqai
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 am

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Qashqai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Here are some numbers for the Rogue batteries in Ottawa market (include 13% sales tax):

ACDelco: 129$
Exide 35X: 185$
Interstate MTP-35: 150$ (640 CCA and 30 month free replacement)
Nissan OEM Battery: 153$ (550 CCA and 2 year warranty) -I asked the guy about the date of manufacture and he looked with blank eyes.
Motomaster (Canadian Tire): 114$ (585 CCA)
Motomaster (Canadian Tire) Ultra Flat Plate: 139$ on sale, regular price: 165$ (655 CCA)
EverStart (Walmart): 99$

I think I will go and purchase the Interstate. It has the best quality/price/CCA balance.

My American fellows, the prices in Canada are crazy right?

User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Tried to post a nice reply last night from my tablet but got kicked offline and lost it.
Yep, prices are crazy. If you're planning on keeping the car for more than a year, I'd go with Interstate. Just do not exceed what's recommended, could cause headaches later on.

User avatar
Qashqai
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 am

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Qashqai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Rogue One wrote:Just do not exceed what's recommended, could cause headaches later on.
Thank you for your reply Rogue One

Do you think 640 Amps instead of 585 will cause problems? I know higher CCA is better during cold winter mornings, but everything in the car is electronic. I am not sure if that excess 55 A will fry something? I am sure there is a margin for extra ampere but who knows maybe they reduce the cost by removing a circuit regulator or limiter?

I am planning to keep the car until it is totaled or become too expensive to maintain. But my biggest concern is even if I purchase the best battery in the world, I am going to kill it. Because I drive for short distances every weekday. It is extremely cold during six months here and the battery never finds enough time to charge. To be honest my current battery last long because I never discharge it and always check the fluid levels...So if the 90 dollar Walmart battery is going to last for 2.5 - 3 years, that is fine for me...

User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Just to clarify a bit: Your starter will draw what it needs from the battery. The extra reserve in the battery won't be used except under adverse conditions, when you'll be glad you have it. - See more at: http://community.cartalk.com/discussion ... 8kfjl.dpuf

User avatar
ImStricken06
Posts: 5056
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento
Location: Within Range
Contact:

Re: Battery replacement

Postby ImStricken06 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:27 pm

the dimming lights is normal. its the electronic power steering system sucking some juice out of the charging system. mine does it too. mine will dim my lights when the a/c system kicks on, when im using heated seats/heated window/defroster/ etc.

dont change your battery until you have problems starting your car. the devices they use to "meter" the batter at the stores are designed to sell batteries = not to be your best friend/personal free mechanic. ;)

TrevorK
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Re: Battery replacement

Postby TrevorK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 am

Qashqai wrote:- For Canada: People don't ''like'' Walmart (EverStart), Canadian Tire (Motomaster or Eliminator) and Partsource batteries. I don't know why.
I am unsure why people do not like the batteries you have stated above. Everstart is made by Johnson Controls, the same people that make Interstate. Part Source is Exide. If you don't like either JC or Exide, you have eliminated A LOT of battery choices.
- and warranty....there are replacement, prorated warranties. I am not sure how long they should be. Walmart one has 3 years for replacement. Should I look for longer warranty? (I will kill any battery in aroun three years anyway because of short trips)
I think 3 year, non pro-rated, is typical. After that term you are pro-rated for the remainder of the warranty (probably 3-5 more years). I am not aware of any warranties longer than 3 years non-prorated.
- Can cold cranking amps be higher than 585? will it damage electronics?
I am not an electrical engineer by any stretch, however you have to keep in mind a battery STORES energy. It is the device that draws the stored energy that determines the load. If anything, not having enough cranking amps is what would cause damage.

User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 am

TrevorK wrote:
Qashqai wrote:- For Canada: People don't ''like'' Walmart (EverStart), Canadian Tire (Motomaster or Eliminator) and Partsource batteries. I don't know why.
I am unsure why people do not like the batteries you have stated above. Everstart is made by Johnson Controls, the same people that make Interstate. Part Source is Exide. If you don't like either JC or Exide, you have eliminated A LOT of battery choices.
As stated previously, those brands of batteries are made to a lower quality standard. After all, Infiniti is made by Nissan, but the product quality is much higher. It's the same principle, you get what you pay for. ;)

Lowes11
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 am
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Lowes11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:30 am

I purchased my battery at the dealer. I really wanted another brand for appearance reasons. The Nissan battery was the best value. The only battery cheaper than the Nissan was the one at Walmart. I believe that the quality is lower, only because I know other items that look the same are of lower quality.

TrevorK
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Re: Battery replacement

Postby TrevorK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Rogue One wrote:
TrevorK wrote:I am unsure why people do not like the batteries you have stated above. Everstart is made by Johnson Controls, the same people that make Interstate. Part Source is Exide. If you don't like either JC or Exide, you have eliminated A LOT of battery choices.
As stated previously, those brands of batteries are made to a lower quality standard. After all, Infiniti is made by Nissan, but the product quality is much higher. It's the same principle, you get what you pay for. ;)
Unfortunately, that does not work with every industry, especially one as simple as a battery. There are a handful of manufacturers, each has most likely achieved several certifications around their manufacturing process. Therefore, we can be assured that the manufacturing process has the same level of standards. What's left is the components being used being different.

Do you believe that there is a noticeable difference in the components being used across the Johnson Control line? It is not uncommon for products to be identical, just rebadged. This even happens in the consumer battery (AA, AAA, etc) industry - Duracell has often rebadged Sanyo batteries to sell for a higher price because people trust the Duracell name.

As for Infiniti/Nissan, we are talking about an entire vehicle and not a single component. That said, there are many components in an Infiniti that use the exact same part as a Nissan - take a look at the recalls and you can see that parts being shared are common, and are of the same quality.

EDIT: I think this like might be useful - Mercedes had planned to rebadge Nissan trucks ;)
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/ind ... d-frontier

User avatar
Rogue One
Moderator
Posts: 7548
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Battery replacement

Postby Rogue One » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:59 am

TrevorK wrote:Unfortunately, that does not work with every industry, especially one as simple as a battery. There are a handful of manufacturers, each has most likely achieved several certifications around their manufacturing process. Therefore, we can be assured that the manufacturing process has the same level of standards. What's left is the components being used being different.

Do you believe that there is a noticeable difference in the components being used across the Johnson Control line? It is not uncommon for products to be identical, just rebadged. This even happens in the consumer battery (AA, AAA, etc) industry - Duracell has often rebadged Sanyo batteries to sell for a higher price because people trust the Duracell name.

As for Infiniti/Nissan, we are talking about an entire vehicle and not a single component. That said, there are many components in an Infiniti that use the exact same part as a Nissan - take a look at the recalls and you can see that parts being shared are common, and are of the same quality.

EDIT: I think this like might be useful - Mercedes had planned to rebadge Nissan trucks ;)
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/ind ... d-frontier
Yes, there are only a handful of battery manufactures, and there are (here's the key) minimum standards for their products. Yes, some re-branded things just get a different label/packaging, but generally there are different levels of quality in components depending on the price point the client needs. Cars sharing components is simply a cost saving measure by the car company. But even if a few parts are shared, the remaining parts used in the premium brand are of a higher quality (Leather vs Naugahyde).

Thanks for the info on Mercedes rebadging Nissans. BTW, are you familiar with the Cadillac Cimarron? http://content.time.com/time/specials/2 ... 26,00.html

TrevorK
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Re: Battery replacement

Postby TrevorK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Rogue One wrote:Yes, there are only a handful of battery manufactures, and there are (here's the key) minimum standards for their products. Yes, some re-branded things just get a different label/packaging, but generally there are different levels of quality in components depending on the price point the client needs. Cars sharing components is simply a cost saving measure by the car company. But even if a few parts are shared, the remaining parts used in the premium brand are of a higher quality (Leather vs Naugahyde).

Thanks for the info on Mercedes rebadging Nissans. BTW, are you familiar with the Cadillac Cimarron? http://content.time.com/time/specials/2 ... 26,00.html
LOL, the only thing worse than the Cadillac is that it only made #35 on the worst cars like. A Cavalier re-badged as a Caddy? I can't believe someone thought that would fly.

With the battery though, how do we know there are differences? I think we both agree that, with some components, they are identical between makes/models. So why be so confident that the JC or Exide batteries are not the same?

BTW - that link was a good way to spend a half hour!

User avatar
darylzero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:28 am
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Re: How Long Did Your Original Battery Last?

Postby darylzero » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 am

Mine just died last week. Had to get a couple jumps to get it going. First time was Thanksgiving morning. It lasted 51 months. Went with the Duralast Gold from Autozone. 3 yr free replacement next 2 yrs are pro-rated.

User avatar
ImStricken06
Posts: 5056
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento
Location: Within Range
Contact:

Re: How Long Did Your Original Battery Last?

Postby ImStricken06 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 pm

same topics merged.
REMINDER: please search for your topic, before starting new threads. thank you.

Scooter71
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 am
Car: 09 Rogue SL AWD Fully Loaded
Location: Eastern Long Island
Contact:

Re: CHATROOM: Battery Replacement, Life Span, etc

Postby Scooter71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

So after almost 51,000 miles and I'm guessing about 4 years old (09 bought it preowned) the stock battery was giving me some trouble starting in this super cold NY weather, I finally installed an Optima
Image

Image

Image

drummerguy
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:14 pm
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: CHATROOM: Battery Replacement, Life Span, etc

Postby drummerguy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:43 pm

With the cooler weather on the way I decided to check my battery....I used a hydrometer which suggests my battery is in top condition.....next I used a multimeter to test the voltage and it comes back rather low (about 12.20)....My question is how can I have a high hydrometer reading (1.275 to 1.300) in each cell yet my voltage reading is so low.....do I have a good battery or a bad one I am not sure......perhaps I am doing something wrong....any help would be appreciated.

K_Messoremmortis95
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2017

Re: CHATROOM: Battery Replacement, Life Span, etc

Postby K_Messoremmortis95 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Just wanted to ask, has anyone tried a higher group size on the rogue?


Return to “Rogue Forum”