Power up your extra car gadgets...my recommendation!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Optima Yellowtop, Pricey but superior, looks great. :cool:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

how much?

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

I was looking at them when my battery died but I went for something that wouldn't hurt my pockets. Here are some prices for Optima Batteries from Advance:

RedTop Starting Battery -> $200.99
YellowTop Dual-Purpose Battery -> $225.99
BlueTop; Deep Cycle Battery -> $229.99

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

pfffffffff. way over priced. if i had a diesel truck, boat, or a camper, then those are worth it. for a rogue? not worth it. we wont see any benefits from these.

Black B15

I ran an optima Yellow in my sentra and it is the best by far. If you watch on Amazon they will have them priced differently at different times. I think I got the Yellow top for my sentra for like $160 shipped or something, and like these ones they are normally over $200.

Black B15

I see that Amazon has the Yellow Top D35 (YEL35) for the Nissan Rogue for $199.99 shipped. That isn't too bad, especially here in Phoenix where if a battery last's 3 years you are lucky. I always had issues with the batteries from auto parts stores...until I got the yellow top. I am with the OP, they have my vote for battery.

I checked oreillyauto.com just to see what a auto parts store charges for this same yellow top, and it is like $225 BEFORE tax. Youch.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

s*** that is a lot of money for a battery! The reviews on amazon didn't seem that good for that brand. Lot of people saying it died after a couple thousand miles...

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Optima batteries are some of the best batteries out there. A friend of mine has a yellow top like that, and for the summer we used to take it out off his car to power up a cooler converted into a boombox. After hours playing music that thing still had a lot of juice left.

The only thing is the high price tag :facepalm:

casperfun

The only reason I bought the optima yellowtop is because I run the following:

1) High powered Pioneer Stereo ( known to kill battery if car is not started )
2) Garmin Nuvi 3790T GPS powers up everytime at start-up
3) 10.5 inch Rear View Mirror Monitor which is on all the time. ( Blind Spots are the worse I ever seen in this car )
4) 3 cameras ( high rear view, baby monitor, low back-up)
5) Two portable head-rest DVD players ( Great for road-trips, princess needs her Dora and Barney)
6) Two auxiliary 100 watt driving lights (Mountains, boonies, dark rainy nights)
7) roof light bar (very rare occasions- in woods)
8) charging an i-Phone (not mine, passenger's)

All while running the air conditioner at times, not mentioning the normal OEM headlights.

Also good for people who run big stereo and speaker set-ups, winches etc. The beauty of the yellowtop is that is starts like a redtop and the deep cycles is great for all your battery draining accessories if you have alot. Also comes with a free adaptor to make sure it fits perfectly in your vehicle. A plus. :mike

As for price, I was on a roadtrip so I needed one on the spot. But I did use an 30% off online coupon which got me an optima yellowtop for around $190 and peace of mind with the family in tow.

If you google prices you can find lower. Presently, you can get one for $145.99 with free shipping which I would have bought online since I don't mind waiting for shipment but I was stranded and out of town at the time. :cry:

Just shop around and you can eventually find a good deal somewhere these days. :cool:

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/optima- ... leShopping

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

casperfun wrote: 1) High powered Pioneer Stereo ( known to kill battery if car is not started )
3) 10.5 inch Rear View Mirror Monitor which is on all the time. ( Blind Spots are the worse I ever seen in this car )
5) Two portable head-rest DVD players ( Great for road-trips, princess needs her Dora and Barney)
6) Two auxiliary 100 watt driving lights (Mountains, boonies, dark rainy nights)
holy crap dude! lol thats a lot of stuff!!

have you ever thought about installing a capacitor? or a battery/capacitor combo? this will keep a steady 14volt flow
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PBAT1000-Bat ... B001RJQ9JO

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

casperfun wrote: 3) 10.5 inch Rear View Mirror Monitor which is on all the time. ( Blind Spots are the worse I ever seen in this car )
wat! did you have pics of this setup?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

casperfun wrote:The only reason I bought the optima yellowtop is because I run the following:

1) High powered Pioneer Stereo ( known to kill battery if car is not started )
Have you ever added up the amp draw when you are using "peak" products? The factory alternator only pumps out 110amps. When the vehicle is running the alternator should sustain all products without any of the battery reservoir being touched (should be enough overhead left to charge the battery as well). If that's not the case then upgrading the alternator is the way to go. Maximum draw on the factory alternator will generate heat as well which will shorten its life. If the alternator can't keep up and the battery keeps getting drained then upgrading to a larger battery is the wrong direction.

Not posting this to pick your reply apart, just using it as "food for thought" for the group as they look into future charging issues. I ran across tons of these issues when I was into high-output car audio and most people wonder why they keep blowing stuff up. :)

casperfun

Actually the OEM battery worked fine with my set-up for nearly a year, but since it seems to weaken after 3 years I decided to upgrade to this battery. Moreover, all my accessories are not on all the time. For example, the headrest DVD players might not be on or just one for the toddler to watch. The driving lights are on when I am in the mood. I also just have the OEM speakers since I don't listen to my music at full blast like my younger days. In my mind, since I am not using all my wattage on speakers ( 1000 watt amps or subwoofers etc), I thought I can safelyfocus on using those watts for my video monitor set-up and aux lights. Lastly, I just try to be aware of how much juice I use. Sometimes I stare at my GPS which has a battery voltage gauge because I get paranoid sometimes. LOL :ohno:

ALL is good. :inoutgay:

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Volts aren't everything :whistle:

You have it covered tho :mike

Return to “Rogue Forum”