Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue Three
Car: 2012 FWD Rogue SL
2014 Dodge Durango R/T

Hi all, I found this forum after I bought my 2012 Rougue SL. This is our third Nissan. We had a 2001 Xterra, which was crapping out, and we still have our 2006 Pathfinder LE. all of our Nissans have been Silver for some odd reason.

She has the Nismo black leather with red stitching, XM, NAV, Bose, moonroof, and the all around camera action. It's one of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned.

Anyway, I'm a nearly 40 y/o, married, father of two. The kids love the new ride, as does the wife.

waqaskh
Car: 2010 Rogue

Hello all,

I’ve had my Rogue since November of ’09, but finally decided to join the forums . I bought my 2010 Rogue (Wicked black/Black interior) right out of college after I landed my first job. Two months or so later, VA was hit with a huge snow storm, and I couldn’t believe how amazing the rogue drove in the snow. Saved our lives since we didn’t have much food at home.

This is my first new car that I bought personally with my own funds (no help from the parents) and needless to say I’m very happy with my first new car.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

waqaskh wrote:Hello all,

I’ve had my Rogue since November of ’09, but finally decided to join the forums . I bought my 2010 Rogue (Wicked black/Black interior) right out of college after I landed my first job. Two months or so later, VA was hit with a huge snow storm, and I couldn’t believe how amazing the rogue drove in the snow. Saved our lives since we didn’t have much food at home.

This is my first new car that I bought personally with my own funds (no help from the parents) and needless to say I’m very happy with my first new car.
:welcome: Post some pics! Planning any mods, or just staying stock?

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Hey guys,

Been a lurker since we bought our 2012 Rogue S Special Edition back in May of this year, decided to make an account :)

Haven't done much to her as it's the lady's car, and I don't plan on modding it too much. So far we've added the side steps (nerf bars) and I have the parts at the house to install her older Pioneer Avic D3. Just getting all my stuff together to tap into the factory back-up camera. I'm an audio guy, and been installing stereos for years. My car is a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and I sold my stereo last year. I do most my modding to that :)

Current plans are: 20% window tint all around. Pink CF vinyl interior accents. Pioneer Avic D3 headunit. MItsubishi Lancer 18"x7" wheels (surprisingly, same bolt pattern but smaller hub. need a 1mm hubcentric ring). Rear bumper protector. OEM Exhaust tip. 8k HID's for headlights/fogs. LED mirror lights (If i can find out they fit a 2012 or not).

Oh, and the Lancer for good measure. Got some stuff in store for that next year ;)

I'll be around. :biggrin:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

welcome homie! this is a great forum. The Rogue section is like a little family here, no immature members, great advice, etc. i am sure you will like it, an visit often. :welcome:

PS: since you mentioned you wanted to do some pink CF wrap inside, peek out my work with the regular black CF
interior-exterior-carbon-fiber-wrap-t560213.html

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

waqaskh wrote:Hello all,

waqaskh, welcome to the forums. i like what you posted regarding how well the rogue handled in the snow storm. do you might elaborating your experience a little bit in this Rogue + Snow thread im building?

rogue-in-the-snow-and-rain-t550131.html

rdub2k4

ImStricken wrote: PS: since you mentioned you wanted to do some pink CF wrap inside, peek out my work with the regular black CF
Thanks man! That's actually what got me thinking about it. I found your thread by googling lol. I've done silver CF accents on my Lancer using 3M Di-Noc. Came out real good. I was going to order from Rvinyl do to my roof/hood on the Lancer but I'm unsure at this point. A friend of mine has had great results with it, but I've been reviewing other brands/patterns.

I'll be sure to post some pics when I rip apart her interior and start wrapping :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4 wrote:
ImStricken wrote: PS: since you mentioned you wanted to do some pink CF wrap inside, peek out my work with the regular black CF
Thanks man! That's actually what got me thinking about it. I found your thread by googling lol. I've done silver CF accents on my Lancer using 3M Di-Noc. Came out real good. I was going to order from Rvinyl do to my roof/hood on the Lancer but I'm unsure at this point. A friend of mine has had great results with it, but I've been reviewing other brands/patterns.

I'll be sure to post some pics when I rip apart her interior and start wrapping :)
i personally, love rvinyl. very easy to work with vinyl. and i love that if you do a review, he credits you back a certain percent of your order. he really stands behind his products. good guy to work with.

big_c
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Hi everyone, I just picked up a one owner 08 SL AWD, just had the new CVT transmission installed by a nissan dealer 30 miles ago. Its extremely clean and appears to run perfectly.

The dealer service records indicated they changed the oil, but like all cars I buy used, I change all fluids upon purchase.

My concern is the engine oil. there was about 100 miles on the oil according to the invoice from the dealer. After draining it, I noticed some very tiny powder like particles in the oil in the bottom of the pan after draining, when viewing with a LED flashlight up close.

The engine sounds perfect and runs perfect. Could this be some left over particles of detonation that happened when the trans went out? Im sure when the trans was dying, the engine was being bogged down and detonation likely occured.

I plan on doing a 1k oil change intervals for the next couple just to keep an eye on it. Please tell me I won't be needing a new engine soon!!

Aside from this "red flag," the car is perfect and I have no buyers remorse so far....any advice or comments are appreciated!

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Congrats on the new "used" Rogue big_c!

So what happened did you buy the car and the next day the trans died? or did the previous owner just have it done then sold it?

I'll let the more experienced members of this forum answer your questions.

big_c

darylzero wrote:Congrats on the new "used" Rogue big_c!

So what happened did you buy the car and the next day the trans died? or did the previous owner just have it done then sold it?

I'll let the more experienced members of this forum answer your questions.
Bought the car, had the dealer pull the service records, and showed record of cvt trans installed 30 miles ago. I presume the previous owner had the trans die, then traded the car in. The dealer then replaced the trans and put the car up for sale.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

big_c wrote:My concern is the engine oil. there was about 100 miles on the oil according to the invoice from the dealer. After draining it, I noticed some very tiny powder like particles in the oil in the bottom of the pan after draining, when viewing with a LED flashlight up close.
thats how every oil change should look like. obviously not a ton of the shiny metal powder, but enough. check to see what your next oil change will look like, and compare. obviously everyone has a different "thats to much" scale visually. if your really scared, get an oil test done from amsoil
Could this be some left over particles of detonation that happened when the trans went out? Im sure when the trans was dying, the engine was being bogged down and detonation likely occured.
detonation is normal. thats how fuel is consumed within an engine. are you asking if those fine particles are in some way a result of a broken tranny? no. never.
a transmission is sealed, and so is the engine. they dont share fluids. in no shape or form will a blown tranny effect the engine in a way to wear something out in the engine.

PS: im moving this thread to the "introduce yourself" section

big_c

ImStricken- thanks for the bit of extra peace of mind .I guess I never noticed any particles at all before...will keep an eye on it and submit an UOA in a few if the powder is still visible.

What I was referring to with the trans going out could have caused additional wear due to the excess load of the damaged transmission, resulting in higher than normal quantity of particles. The engine runs and sounds like new great, (minus the standard QR25 cold noise), so I will try to not worry so much about it. Thanks!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

big_c wrote:ImStricken- thanks for the bit of extra peace of mind .I guess I never noticed any particles at all before...will keep an eye on it and submit an UOA in a few if the powder is still visible.

What I was referring to with the trans going out could have caused additional wear due to the excess load of the damaged transmission, resulting in higher than normal quantity of particles. The engine runs and sounds like new great, (minus the standard QR25 cold noise), so I will try to not worry so much about it. Thanks!
NAH... i doubt the tranny gave it any extra stress. the way cvt's go out, its usually a POP and its out. its not like a long drawn out grueling death.

groper1
Car: 2010 WICKED BLACK NISSAN ROGUE 360

In September 2011 my daughter moved from Melbourne to LA to commence a 4 year Batchelor of Fine Arts course in Film & TV. After considerable pressure (!!) we decided a set of wheels was necessary to allow her better mobility, rather than constantly relying on her good friends. Following extensive discussions, the studying of numerous reviews and haggling with local dealers a 2010 Rogue 360 was chosen during our most recent visit to the US West Coast in June 2012. This has given her a reasonibly economical drive, with ample safety, (hopefully) reliability plus and ample space for her camera gear. Apart from the original battery which fell over 2 week ago after 2 years & 10 months she is very happy, although having to now pay to fill the tank herself she realizes that it's not all roses out there in the real world. I simply remind her she could be back here in Oz enjoying petrol (gas!) prices that are around 25% higher than she's currently paying in LA!!!!!!!!! Cheers from South East Australia, Graham

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Hey Graham! Glad to see you made to the best Rogue forum on the net!

Nissanaddicted
Car: 2011 Frontier CC Long bed 4x4
2012 Rogue Sv
2013 Altima

Howdy ya'll, I am the proud owner of a Blue 12 rogue SV w/ premium package. This is my 10th Nissan purchase and so far am very happy with it.

rrrougue11
Car: 2011 nissan rogue sl awd

hi everybody my name is Steve I'm 43 my fiance's 26 we just bought our 2011 Nissan Rogue. It is the SL awd. Fully loaded.. I just tinted the windows yesterday. we are so happy .we had the Durango SLT model . I let me tell you the gas we are saving now is so much better!! I plan on trickin the truck out now. next is going to be a stereo and some rims. I pin striped the truck myself as well it was too plain. I'd like to give it a more aggressive stance if anybody knows of any ideas please let me know! I'm about to put In a remote start for it today. I do however wish I was able to buy the Krom addition that model is badass I especially love the red stitching in the interior and a dual exhaust. but for some reason it did not come with awd which we liked. I will try to put up some pictures of our truck in progress as you an see from stock to now.

rrrougue11
Car: 2011 nissan rogue sl awd

hi everybody my name is Steve I'm 43 my fiance's 26. We live in colorado springs we just bought our 2011 Nissan Rogue. It is the SL awd. Fully loaded.. I just tinted the windows yesterday. we are so happy .we had the Durango SLT model . I let me tell you the gas we are saving now is so much better!! I plan on trickin the truck out now. next is going to be a stereo and some rims. I pin striped the truck myself as well it was too plain. I'd like to give it a more aggressive stance if anybody knows of any ideas please let me know! I'm about to put In a remote start for it today. I do however wish I was able to buy the Krom addition that model is badass I especially love the red stitching in the interior and a dual exhaust. but for some reason it did not come with awd which we liked. I will try to put up some pictures of our truck in progress as you an see from stock to now.

indyksrogue
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD

My wife and I are enjoying our "new to us" 09 SL AWD. We purchased last Monday. So far driving is great, fuel economy is good, xenon headlights not all they're supposed to be. The Pacifica we traded in also had xenons and they too were not that super. Very white light but concentrated in a much smaller area. I have adjusted the Rogue's higher, after moving them to the highest position using the interior remote dash adjuster. We will see if this is an acceptable solution. I gotta tell ya, my little ole Ranger with plain ole halogen lights gives me a much longer wider range of night vision. So come ahead, I guess, all you xenon bulb praisers and let me have it. We just know what we see.
Oh yeah, this is our first Nissan, I was an automobile mechanic for almost 30 years, daily in a small shop, back in the 70's 80's and 90's. Worked on a lot of Lil Hustlers and B210's, have always held Nissan products in high regard, about time to enjoy the quality. This website has provided a lot of info aiding us in our choice of vehicles. Thanks to all.

di_gent
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Hi every one i own a 2008 Rogue SL FWD. I stumbled on this website by accident and read a few post and now finally decided be come a member. Happy to be here and i hope i wont need any work done on my car so i don't have to post new threads and annoy every one with my questions :D :wavey:

idelgado782
Car: Nissan Rogue 2011

Hey Nissanaddicted, rrrogue11, indyksrougue & di_dent!!!! You guys are going to love it here! Everyone is awesome and very helpful!! Post some pics of your too!!!

Redtress
Car: 2012 Silver Rogue S special edition.

Hi Y'all! Houston Texas here...I just purchased a new (to me) 2012 Rogue with 2400 miles. Certified preowned.. It's the S special edition. So far I love it! I just have one question...why would someone would purchase a vehicle, and put in premium katzskin leather, only to trade it in less than two months later. I'm a little worried something may be wrong with the vehicle that may not have been disclosed or that something happened to it to cause the owners to trade it in. I got the carfax, but I know that information is only as good as the people who report it...
Help ease my mind and tell me that it is normal to trade in a car only a couple of months after purchasing... after you have put upgraded leather in it..someone? :confused:

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Hello all, my name is Matt and I am new to this forum, however I am a member of a few other forums so I am not new to "forums". I have a 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Platinum Graphite.

I am coming from a 2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 sedan that I modified to my liking throughout ownership. By the time I traded it in for the Rogue, it had the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) suspension, Ingalls rear camber kit, Polyurethance front bushings, Neuspeed strut bar, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit with 4300k "XB35" bulbs and Denso ballasts,Nokya hyper yellow 2500k DRL/high beam bulbs, Honda Inspire fog lamps that I modified my USDM bumper to fit, Nokya hyper yellow H11 fog bulbs, OEM Asean 03-05 Accord grill modified to fit USDM 06 Accord bumper, Redline synthetic tranny fluid and engine oil, debadged rear, splash guards, Plasti-dipped "diffuser" portion of rear bumper, removed intake resonator, OEM trunk tray and OEM floormats, JBL GTO speakers, Apexi grounding kit, 5000k LED license plate lights.... And probably a few things I've forgotten.

It was a really great car! With the V6 these cars are true sleepers, and with all of the suspension modifications (And Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires... Not even performance tires) this car could corner better than it looks like it ever could. I did some crazy things in this car at some crazy speeds and it was always buttoned down and tight. Im going to miss it, but it did have a few minor issues, and it was time

Here are a couple pics of the Accord:

Onto my new Rogue.... I initially went to the Nissan dealer to get a 2012 Maxima SV Sport as a natural progression in sportiness from my Accord, however, while signing the papers I realized that a $38k car note is a lot for a 23 year old to take on, especially for a car that does everything my Accord did only "better". All the while getting worse gas mileage and having higher ownership costs, etc. So I thought outside the box a little bit and decided to get something with decent gas mileage for what it is, and some utility built into it, while still being as close to as luxurious as my Accord was....

The Rogue is smooth, quiet, sporty enough for being an SUV with a firm suspension and tight steering (but obviously different from my Accord and I'm still getting used to it a little), and it feels quicker than the 170hp 175lb tq suggests. It has leather, Bose, HID reflectors, nav, 4 cameras (All-around view), and some other things.... I'm going to miss the sports car driving feel and characteristics of the Accord, however I feel that I can justify getting a vehicle with AWD to get through bad weather, a 4 cyl to get decent gas mileage, extra space for whatever I may need it for, etc., moreso than I can justify a big V6 that really is not very economical, 19" rims (even though the Rogue's are 18s), a big hike in insurance costs, and an $8k premium over the Rogue. I like the Rogue for what it is, and I appreciate its car-like qualities. And it is great in snow!

"Out with the old and in with the new":

And pics of the Rogue (Its all stock):

juztplayin12
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe- slate grey

Hey everbody. Just Bought a Rogue S Special Edition a week ago. Long story short I had an Altima Coupe, and now trying to get pregnant. So i traded in the Coupe to get the Rogue and my first impressions are that she drives smooth like a car and sits a bit higher like a truck. I needed the 4 doors and didnt want to be driving a 4 door car, so the Rogue was perfect. Plan is in a couple years this will be my wifes and i will get my Titan, but until then this will be my daily driver. I had two 12 inch subwoofers laying around so im having someone install those this weekend, and also getting new 6x9's for the front doors. Audio quality is crappy stock. I had LED interior lights in the garage as well so i switched out all the interior lights and that looks pretty cool. But as far as mods thats probably about it. I wish i had rails on top, sunroof, and LED headlights and fogs, but i can get by without them. I will get some pics up soon after this coming weekend.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

juztplayin12 wrote:Hey everbody. Just Bought a Rogue S Special Edition a week ago. Long story short I had an Altima Coupe, and now trying to get pregnant. So i traded in the Coupe to get the Rogue and my first impressions are that she drives smooth like a car and sits a bit higher like a truck. I needed the 4 doors and didnt want to be driving a 4 door car, so the Rogue was perfect. Plan is in a couple years this will be my wifes and i will get my Titan, but until then this will be my daily driver. I had two 12 inch subwoofers laying around so im having someone install those this weekend, and also getting new 6x9's for the front doors. Audio quality is crappy stock. I had LED interior lights in the garage as well so i switched out all the interior lights and that looks pretty cool. But as far as mods thats probably about it. I wish i had rails on top, sunroof, and LED headlights and fogs, but i can get by without them. I will get some pics up soon after this coming weekend.
welcome aboard.

PS: you mean HID headlights, not LED. two totally diff styles of light.

sbrown868
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/ SL Package

Hello Everyone! Just bought a my 2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/SL Package this Saturday. Had 124 miles when I drove it off the lot. Traded my 2006 Pilot EX 4WD for this car. Loved the Pilot but did not need anything near that big. Plus we got a heck of a deal because we just bought my wife a 2012 Nissan Juke SV off the same guy 4 days earlier. Hope $25,200 was a good price after all rebates but before tax and title. Looking forward to reading and learning about our new purchase on here. This is the first brand new cars we have owned.

rdub2k4

sbrown868 wrote:Hello Everyone! Just bought a my 2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/SL Package this Saturday. Had 124 miles when I drove it off the lot. Traded my 2006 Pilot EX 4WD for this car. Loved the Pilot but did not need anything near that big. Plus we got a heck of a deal because we just bought my wife a 2012 Nissan Juke SV off the same guy 4 days earlier. Hope $25,200 was a good price after all rebates but before tax and title. Looking forward to reading and learning about our new purchase on here. This is the first brand new cars we have owned.
Welcome! :wavey:

Bran415
Car: 2013 Rogue SL

Greetings Rogue fam! Been trolling the Nico forums for a couple of years and finally decided to join. Proud owner of a new 2013 Rogue SL. Been procrastinating to trade my 07 Murano SL AWD and I finally took the dip. Pretty happy that im back in a 4cyl :)

RolandG
Car: Nissan Rogue 2013

Hello all – I like this forum and wish you all safe driving and a lot of enjoyment with your Rogue.

I purchased a 2013 Rogue AWD for my spouse, outstanding all the way. She loves it which is a good thing.

Roland

Return to “Rogue Forum”