Aftermarket Stereo Suggestions?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Mennis1516
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SV

So I’ve been in this forum for not too long and I’m glad I was able to find it! With that said, I’ve searched for this topic and I’ve found nothing that stands out to what I’m looking for. So my goal for this thread is to make it a place to find a great aftermarket stereo for the Rogue. I’m looking for my 17 Rogue SV. The stereo is junk as many may know but I’d like to keep all my OEM features. Are there any suggestions? But feel free to suggest your favorite stereo and include your Gen Rogue, year, trim, and features that it comes with. Any response is greatly appreciated! Let the conversation begin! :mike

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Mennis1516 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:03 pm
... I’d like to keep all my OEM features. Are there any suggestions? But feel free to suggest your favorite stereo and include your Gen Rogue, year, trim, and features that it comes with...
Tires, like aftermarket stereos are a matter of personal preference, as far as brands go. As a general rule you pretty much can't go wrong when sticking with the traditional brand names (Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, etc.).

You'd like to keep your OEM features, but failed to mention what features you actually have. You have the SV grade, but do you have the optional around view camera system? Having this feature will extremely limit your options. AFAIK, the major brands still DO NOT make a replacement unit that's compatible with the 4 camera system. There's at least one Chinese company that does make a head unit that members have successfully installed.

Aftermarket stereo w/ Surround View
Retain around view cameras when replacing stereo

Mennis1516

True, thanks for the correction. Well as far as camera option I just have the rear view, not birds eye. I’d like to have Apple CarPlay (For the wife). So my options on my vehicle are basic. I’d like to have GPS as well, maybe if there’s one with an option that provides updates or works with Google Maps? My vehicle has internet so maybe that can widen my options.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

When it comes to car audio, I'm kind of a Pioneer fanboi.
Pioneer is a little more expensive than some of the other brands out there, but it is one of the best brands for car stereos. This Japanese company goes the extra mile with quality and features. Whatever you want to hook up, Pioneer has a unit for you. They sell basic CD receivers as well as Bluetooth units that wirelessly connect to your phone. Some sync with all your apps. That means you can check your calendar, send emails, or view pictures straight from your dashboard.

Pioneer is set apart from the rest by their high resolution, wide displays. This allows for flexibility in use. It also gives maximum ease of use so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Their AVH line is especially popular. It offers the freedom of streaming audio or video and Siri Eyes Free technology. With dozens of different units, the AVH line is sure to have a stereo that will fit with your car and your lifestyle.
Product comparison
Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX vs Pioneer AVIC-W6500NEX
https://www.crutchfield.com/Product/Com ... 130AVW6500

Mennis1516

Nice! I’m liking what I see! Appreciate the suggestion! One thing I didn’t think about though, will I still keep the steering wheel controls? Has anyone had trouble with that?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

You'll need an adapter, plus wiring harness and replacement bezel. Start at https://www.crutchfield.com/

Return to “Rogue Forum”