A/C unit temperature reads in Celsius

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
fernarch
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

Does know how to change the A/C display from Celsius to Fahrenheit in 2017 Rogue??
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

When all else fails, RTFM.

fernarch

Thanks for the rude RFTM comment.

The service manual does not address this issue under the HAC section of the brochure regarding how to change the temperature reading from C to F. Was looking for a response from someone who had a simular issue.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Where are you located and was the car bought in Canada? You should get the Fahrenheit variant of the A/C control panel and install it... Should be the fix... If not, go to the stealership and ask them to fix that.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

You change it via the info display in the center of the instrument cluster using the steering wheel controls and it is in the manual. Nissan also has videos on You Tube and the Nissan Owners Portal website.

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Go to the Setting section of the Vehicle Information Display and find the setting for Unit. It's on page 2-27 of the Owners Manual. This lets you change setting for mileage, tire pressure, and temperature. It says it changes "in the Vehicle Information Display" so hopefully it transfers over to the temperature display on the climate control display, too. There is no mention of this in the section of the manual for the climate control system, which is kind of confusing if you ask me. You'd think there would at least be a note saying to reference the other section.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

fernarch wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 am
Thanks for the rude RFTM comment.

The service manual does not address this issue under the HAC section of the brochure regarding how to change the temperature reading from C to F. Was looking for a response from someone who had a simular (sic) issue.
:facepalm: Just because it's not in the section you think it should be in doesn't mean it isn't in there.
2017 Rogue Owners Manual, Settings, section 4-9, pg. 212.

fernarch

The is the first thing I did. Neither the setting via the steering wheel or the navigation screen will change the temperature readout from the A/C control unit. Both are set at F but the A/C still reads in C.

Any other ideas??

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Nissan Rogue Owners Manual: How to use the [Image] button.

To select and/or adjust several functions, features and modes that are available for your vehicle:

1. Press the [Image] button.
2. Touch the “Settings” key.
3. Touch the desired item.

System: Touch this key to select and/or adjust various functions of this system. A screen with additional options will appear.

Temperature Unit - Touch this key to change the temperature unit being displayed (Fahrenheit or Celsius).

fernarch

The setting is already on F but still shows the C on the ac control unit. The car is a Canadian version I just discovered.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Two possibilities.

1. The unit is defective and will need to be replaced.
2. The Manual is in error and that setting cannot be changed.

Regardless of which scenario is correct, both will necessitate a trip to the dealership. In the first one, I'll hazard a guess that the car is still under warranty, so it shouldn't cost anything to replace it. If the second scenario is correct, then you'd probably have to pay for a replacement with the correct readout.

datechboss101

OP: Just search on EBay or call the local dealership to order you the part.. The installation of the unit is easy but time consuming if its your first time taking apart the dash.
Rogue One wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 am
Two possibilities.

Regardless of which scenario is correct, both will necessitate a trip to the dealership. In the first one, I'll hazard a guess that the car is still under warranty, so it shouldn't cost anything to replace it. If the second scenario is correct, then you'd probably have to pay for a replacement with the correct readout.
Thanks for not reading my recommendation in the first place :whistle: :woot:

Also, he said the car is a Canadian version. Not sure how the heck a Canadian variant gets sold in the States as brand new.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

datechboss101 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 pm
OP: Just search on EBay or call the local dealership to order you the part.. The installation of the unit is easy but time consuming if its your first time taking apart the dash.
Rogue One wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 am
Two possibilities.

Also, he said the car is a Canadian version. Not sure how the heck a Canadian variant gets sold in the States as brand new.
While it may appear that your other post was unread, you need to realize that sometimes a dead horse still needs to be beat to drive the message home.

The question isn't "how the heck a Canadian variant gets sold in the States as brand new", rather it's how did no one not notice the discrepancy? It happens. Generally due to human error. Someone grabbed and installed the wrong part. When I worked at a Nissan dealership, a customer had a similar issue with a brand new Sentra, only the problem was her entire dashboard was Canadian and Nissan had to eat the replacement cost for a new dashboard.

datechboss101

Rogue One wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm
datechboss101 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 pm

While it may appear that your other post was unread, you need to realize that sometimes a dead horse still needs to be beat to drive the message home.

The question isn't "how the heck a Canadian variant gets sold in the States as brand new", rather it's how did no one not notice the discrepancy? It happens. Generally due to human error. Someone grabbed and installed the wrong part. When I worked at a Nissan dealership, a customer had a similar issue with a brand new Sentra, only the problem was her entire dashboard was Canadian and Nissan had to eat the replacement cost for a new dashboard.
Point taken, lol. True. But no one knows the actual reason why the wrong part was installed in the first place. Let alone, the dealer should have noticed this before giving delivery to OP, which now both the dealer and Nissan USA has to do this for free (usually a couple hundred dollar job). Will be shocked if the dealer charges for full MSRP of the part.

TxAzAbBc
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

We have a 2018 Rogue SL and I am trying to find out how to change the climate control from Celsius to Fahrenheit (we're in Canada). I can change it on the dash but not the climate controls in the center console. I've been told by the dealer and then Nissan just backed up the dealer's statement and said that since it is a Canadian vehicle, you can't change it. They also said that if this was a US model, I wouldn't be able to to change it from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

Seems a bit odd since it is electronic just like the dash controls.

Has anyone else encountered this and / or figured out how to switch it?

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

TxAzAbBc wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:00 pm
We have a 2018 Rogue SL and I am trying to find out how to change the climate control from Celsius to Fahrenheit (we're in Canada). I can change it on the dash but not the climate controls in the center console. I've been told by the dealer and then Nissan just backed up the dealer's statement and said that since it is a Canadian vehicle, you can't change it. They also said that if this was a US model, I wouldn't be able to to change it from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

Seems a bit odd since it is electronic just like the dash controls.

Has anyone else encountered this and / or figured out how to switch it?

Thanks!
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

TxAzAbBc
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Rogue One, thanks for merging this with the existing thread but there still hasn't been any valid suggestion of an answer to this. I don't want to change out the part, I want to be able to switch it back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit like I can on the dash. I WENT to the dealer, had the service writer and assistant service manager and service manager look at it and they all said it couldn't be switched -- which is still amazing to me since it is something the two previous vehicles I had I could change this whenever I wanted. Then I emailed Nissan Canada and all they did was back up what their dealership said which to me was worse than not answering.

So, if ANYONE out there in Nissan-land has any valid suggestions I would really like to hear them.

datechboss101

TxAzAbBc wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:22 pm
Rogue One, thanks for merging this with the existing thread but there still hasn't been any valid suggestion of an answer to this. I don't want to change out the part, I want to be able to switch it back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit like I can on the dash. I WENT to the dealer, had the service writer and assistant service manager and service manager look at it and they all said it couldn't be switched -- which is still amazing to me since it is something the two previous vehicles I had I could change this whenever I wanted. Then I emailed Nissan Canada and all they did was back up what their dealership said which to me was worse than not answering.

So, if ANYONE out there in Nissan-land has any valid suggestions I would really like to hear them.
Only way to change the units is by changing the entire part, which is alot of work. I am sure there isn't a work around other than this, but I could be wrong.

Piston7998
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport SL

I have this issue as well, so I ordered another climate contol panel and installed it. No luck it is still in Celcius. Did I just have bad luck ordering one that was also celsius or is the readout controlled by some other part?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Piston7998 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:22 pm
I have this issue as well, so I ordered another climate contol panel and installed it. No luck it is still in Celcius. Did I just have bad luck ordering one that was also celsius or is the readout controlled by some other part?
Generally that's built into the HVAC Control firmware, but I believe the F and C versions should have different part numbers if that's the case. Some of the HVAC's are configurable with Consult3+. If whoever looked up your part did it according to your VIN, then they probably ordered you another Celsius part. If you can share your VIN or MY details, I can look up in ASIST whether any configuration is possible for your ride.

Piston7998
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport SL

Thanks, here is the Vin 5N1AT2MV5KC753307
I put another in and it was also celsius. I saw this one displaying Fahrenheit on the donor vehicle so it must be controlled outside the part.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Piston7998 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:54 pm
Thanks, here is the Vin 5N1AT2MV5KC753307
I put another in and it was also celsius. I saw this one displaying Fahrenheit on the donor vehicle so it must be controlled outside the part.
Yes, I'm thinking the "AC Auto Amp" and not the switch assembly. They're actually separate units connected with a LAN link. It's also possible the BCM stores it for global use. I'll be stopping at the shop later and will see what's in ASIST.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Well, I just did a fairly deep dive in the Work Support sections for the HVAC, BCM and cluster and I can't find anything. My guess is it's being stored as a default in the cluster and you may need to send it to Model Electronics to have it reprogrammed. I won't be in the shop for anything else till Wednesday, but I'll put in a call to our DTS on Wed morning to see if he knows the answer or can get one from Engineering.

Rogue_David
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

I'm new to Nissans. I just bought a 16 Rouge SL for my wife and she loves the car other than the °C display on the climate control. I see a lot of discussion but no clear answers. Has this been resolved or has everyone moved on to the next topic?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I never did get an answer on this, our DTS didn't know. Since no one else has come up with anything, I'll try again with our TSM next week.

Rogue_David
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Thanks. I appreciate your response!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

TSM doesn't know for certain either, but his guess is the same as mine, that the A/C Auto Amp has the C/F info. It's probably a different part number on Canada cars than US rather than a configurable parameter. The Amp is located on the bottom of the HVAC housing and can be accessed by popping the front console cover on the passenger side. There should be a p/n label on it. There are 5 p/n's shown for US '17's, 27760-4BU0C, -6FL0C, -6FL2C, -9TG0D, -9TG2D. If the Canada version differs from those, that's probably the answer.

ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Its most likely a canadian export. You have to replace the ac controls. Its really easy to do, and you can get a unit for about $40 on ebay :)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

ikalinin wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:24 pm
Its most likely a canadian export. You have to replace the ac controls. Its really easy to do, and you can get a unit for about $40 on ebay :)
Nope, other people have tried that already. Read back in this thread.

ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:09 pm
ikalinin wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:24 pm
Nope, other people have tried that already. Read back in this thread.
my stubborn self still decided to purchase a US unit on ebay, and swapped it out.
I can confirm that it still reads in C :crazy: :gotme

Return to “Rogue Forum”