4 more years!

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
bigbadberry3

Yea, I'll take the chance to call it.

Woot! :mike

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Boo

Seeing Rove squirm around about Ohio is amusing though...

bigbadberry3

stebo0728 wrote:

Agreed. I'm waiting for his eyes to explode out of his head like Arnold's in Total Recall.

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Did fox news call this first? Or was it CNN?

stebo0728

Not sure, I think Fox, but I could be wrong. Looks like FL and VA are going to go O too now. Now I have to watch all the conservatives screaming, "how can someone get more votes and lose? wah wah wah, lets get rid of the EC" - stupid knee jerk idiots

You wanna know where our real trouble lies now, IMO? The 2 expected vacancies this next term will fill on SCOTUS. Imagine the decisions a court 2 more heavy on liberal activists would hand down. But....just mayhaps he'll choose a couple Kennedy's. Im sure he's tired of being the deciding vote all the time anyway.

bigbadberry3

AppleBonker wrote:Did fox news call this first? Or was it CNN?
Fox, despite Rove and his calculator brain. I've watched Fox all night, not too disappointed, needed more updates on house/senate seats.

AppleBonker

I've been getting my house and senate info from the web. Keeping a close eye on some of those battles in Indiana and Illinois. I like to think I did my part on the Indiana senate battle...

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Well done GOP. Mission Accomplished.

stebo0728

Best news of the night? For CO at least, lets hope the rest of America follows suite soon

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/col ... ional.html

Legal possession up to one ounce.
Legal cultivation up to six plants per household.
Tax and regulation on retail sales.

Basically, its no different than alcohol now in CO.

I think liberals are taking credit for this, and if so, kudos.

themadscientist

Sorry, I need more than an ounce of scotch.

stebo0728

I did say basically, come on man

Im getting lost in a pitcher of texas margaritas tomorrow night

themadscientist

You didn't make that....

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

themadscientist wrote:You didn't make that....
Well, I'm glad it's over.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

First off, congrats to the Obama folks.

Second, I'm moving to Colorado!!!

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

I am very interested in how much 3rd party candidates actually got.

themadscientist

Florida, if you believe the hype that every Libertarian vote was "stolen" from Romney, was almost in his grasp.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

WDRacing wrote:First off, congrats to the Obama folks.

Thanks Brian :biggrin:

Perhaps you can get a free flight on Jet Blue?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 ... 35822.html

My prediction that I made more than a year ago was confirmed shortly after 11PM

Listening briefly to Fox, Karl Rove, and the Donald is why the GOP lost.

If you and a few others want a better understanding of politics listen to Chuck Todd on MSNBC

He is amazing when he is explaining voting patterns

Romney was at his best at his concession speech

What the GOP fails to understand is over 50k Hispanics turn 18 years old every single day. When you fail to gather the Hispanic vote,the womans vote and write off 47%of Americans you lose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:17 PM

Subject: How this happened
Howard

"I'm about to go speak to the crowd here in Chicago, but I wanted to thank you first.

I want you to know that this wasn't fate, and it wasn't an accident. You made this happen.

You organized yourselves block by block. You took ownership of this campaign five and ten dollars at a time. And when it wasn't easy, you pressed forward.

I will spend the rest of my presidency honoring your support, and doing what I can to finish what we started.

But I want you to take real pride, as I do, in how we got the chance in the first place.

Today is the clearest proof yet that, against the odds, ordinary Americans can overcome powerful interests.

There's a lot more work to do.

But for right now: Thank you."

Barack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telcoman

AppleBonker

WDRacing wrote:First off, congrats to the Obama folks.

Lol ^. I like the spin on the standard moving to Canada jab. Also, don't forget Washington state. Similar ballot initiative passed there. I will be extremely interested to see what legal issues those two bills/states have.

WDRacing

I like Colorado a lot more then Washington state. I hate the Seahawks and I dislike constant bad weather. CO ftw! Alcohol Prohibition was repealed in the same manner. It all starts with a couple of states sacking up. At the very least maryj should be pulled from Schedule 1. It clearly doesn't fit the definition.

I'll be closely watching the next year or 2. Let's see how well the economy recovers in the next 6 months and keep a close eye on the debt. I'll be very interested to see how many businesses reorganize their structure around part time workers to avoid the healthcare debacle.

R/T Hemi
Car: 2010 Challenger R/T
2012 TSX

AppleBonker wrote:Did fox news call this first? Or was it CNN?

Neither. I was watching MSNBC when they called Ohio a blue state. Within seconds they announced the President had won re-election. It was 11:11 PM EDT I believe. I changed to CNN and they announced Ohio going blue a few minutes later, 11: 17 PM EDT I believe. I then changed to Fox to see if they even knew Ohio was in the US and they eventually announces that Ohio appeared to be Obama's state, and it was shortly thereafter that they announced the President had been re-elected.

Im my opinion, having watched all three networks off and on. MSNBC had the best coverage. CNN had the deepest coverage. Foxhad the best excuses.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

stebo0728 wrote:Boo

Don't boo VOTE

With supporters like this you lose

http://now.msn.com/donald-trump-calls-f ... inst-obama

It no longer matters how much money you have

An a$$hole is an A$$hole

Telcoman

R/T Hemi
2012 TSX

DOW drops 100+ at opening. I guess the lack of tax relief for the filthy rich is upsetting the little b@$tards.

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

With the status quo as it was.. we have at least another 2 years of consistant bickering and non-stop partisanship. Either the Senate and the POTUS have to just give the Pubs what the hell they want so they shut up and play nice or the Pubs have to find a way to start moving to the middle and stop being so damned inflexible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's 100% the Republican's fault, because it's not. The Democrats really need to take a hard line on where they're cutting spending and really prove to the Pubs and America that they're serious about the economy.

R/T Hemi
2012 TSX

Marenta wrote:With the status quo as it was.. we have at least another 2 years of consistant bickering and non-stop partisanship. Either the Senate and the POTUS have to just give the Pubs what the hell they want so they shut up and play nice or the Pubs have to find a way to start moving to the middle and stop being so damned inflexible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's 100% the Republican's fault, because it's not. The Democrats really need to take a hard line on where they're cutting spending and really prove to the Pubs and America that they're serious about the economy.
I've honestly felt for the last 4 years that many of the Republicans choose to not cooperate with the Dems with the agenda of using the lack of progress as a campaign tactic in 2012. I too hope we can concentrate on fixing America's problems over the next 4 years.

themadscientist

Neither candidate and nobody in congress gives two s*** about America's problems. I find it comical, but sad at the same time the nauseating levels off Pollyanna naivete displayed by people.

stebo0728

telcoman wrote: Don't boo VOTE
Telcoman

I guess you guys got the revenge you were looking for huh? Revenge for what I've yet to figure out.

I voted for love of country, but that seems to be irrelevant these days. Love of entitlements rules the day.

WDRacing

R/T Hemi wrote:DOW drops 100+ at opening. I guess the lack of tax relief for the filthy rich is upsetting the little b@$tards.
250k doesn't make you filthy rich. It makes you successful...it affords you the benefit of being able to send your kids to a good college without needing the Gov to pay for it.
Marenta wrote:With the status quo as it was.. we have at least another 2 years of consistant bickering and non-stop partisanship. Either the Senate and the POTUS have to just give the Pubs what the hell they want so they shut up and play nice or the Pubs have to find a way to start moving to the middle and stop being so damned inflexible.

What the hell exactly is it the "Pubs" want? Oh you mean less spending and no tax increases. For shame on those Republicans :confused:

Just because Obama won the election doesn't change the facts all of the sudden. The Gov spends far more then it takes in. Increasing the taxes on the so called rich isn't going to reduce the deficit AT ALL unless you drastically cut spending. The Dems and Obama haven't mentioned anything about cutting spending, unless you mean when they say "do it in a balanced manner"...that's not a plan...it's words. We need a trillion per year in reduced spending just to stop adding to the debt. That's not even paying it down. Actions speak louder then words. Right now all we have is words. We had the same thing 4 years ago.

Having a lame duck Congress isn't the problem. The problem is that no one on either side of the isle can agree on how to stop spending our fvcking money. Until you stop spending, all the tax increases in the world aren't going to help balance the budget.

R/T Hemi
2012 TSX

stebo0728 wrote:
telcoman wrote: Don't boo VOTE
Telcoman

I guess you guys got the revenge you were looking for huh? Revenge for what I've yet to figure out.

I voted for love of country, but that seems to be irrelevant these days. Love of entitlements rules the day.
Entitlements? You're a 47 percenter?

Those who return from a deployment, severely wounded, and draw a pension. An entitlement?

Those who serve a career in the military and retire with a pension. An entitlement?

Those who work all their life and ask for their Social Securty and Medicare. An entitlement?'

Those who attend state institutions for a higher education to gain a better future. An entitlement?

Those who work hard for years, contributing to the system and suffer a debilitating heart attack and apply for Social Security Disability. An entitlement?

I think your love of country excludes a love for the people who keep it safe and make it great.

themadscientist

Eerbody in Cleveland got Obamaphone!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio[/youtube]

stebo0728

HA, that's the problem. Conservatives want to cut entitlements, and the ones you offer up are SS and military benefits. Why aren't you intellectually honest enough to discuss the people who've become wholly and completely dependent on papa liberal to pay their way? When we talk about wanting to cut entitlement, you know damn well we dont mean social security and military pension. You know damn well that we're sick of buying people food and phones and houses when they're perfectly damn capable of paying their own damned way, unemployement be damned. Half the problem with unemployement is we allow people to refuse to underemploy themselves for a period of time. There are plenty of jobs out there begging to be filled, that folks are either too lazy or too "overqualified" to fill.

Return to “Politics Etc.”