2019 Rougue SV Key FOB Cost

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
AbHat
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

New owner. Bought a year old used 2019 Nissan Rouge SV Caspian Blue with 20K miles on it. Love the ride.
The previous owner handed me only one key fob. My clumsy nature tells me I will need a backup key fob.

What is the most cost effective way to get another key fob. How much would a dealer charge for it?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

Since you didn't like the first reply you got when asking (and linking to) extended warranties, you're probably not going to be thrilled with this response. But here goes...

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. NOTE: Info pertaining to first gen models often applies to second gen models as well.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

I did the SEARCH for you and found some useful information (links below). As for me personally, I wouldn't risk the chance that a spare fob off fleabay would work (there are fakes floating around on there), and I'd spend the money at the stealership to have it done right the first time. But you do you, as it's your vehicle (and money) it's ultimately your decision.

2015 Intelligent Key - One Car Only?

Key Fob Help

Nissan Keyless Remote Programming - Non-Intellikey

BTW, as you seem to know the previous owner, what was the excuse given for only handing over one fob? Have you tried going back to them to see if maybe they've managed to locate the second fob?

AbHat

Thanks for links. Greatly appreciated. Will keep that in mind before posting future threads.
ooks like I need to go the stealership and spend about $140-$200 per fob.
BTW - The previous owner said he could not find the spare fob. He said he is looking for it and will hand it over as soon as he finds it.

AbHat

Called 3 dealers in the neighborhood. $220 for the Key FOB and $120 for the programming. Total $340. I am sure there are cheaper and riskier options.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2019 ... 5ra6a.html

call a few local locksmiths to see if they can cut and program it first and the price, if they can do it, typically

the cost is about half of what the total cost would be from a dealer, so probably around $170 for a new key fob with cutting and programming.

AbHat

Yes did buy that for $70 ( dealer price is $210 for just the raw FOB). Then the dealer charges $100-120 for programming. You were spot on with the estimate.

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

Thank you for the followup on this Abhat. i've dropped my FOB a few times and i cant help but wonder if my car is going to start. My car always started, so i get careless again.

Return to “Rogue Forum”