2013 Versa Sedan Cabin Air Filter

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
willban1
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima Sedan

:wtf2: This past weekend I went to replace the cabin air filter in a relative’s 2013 Versa Sedan. I had ordered the filter beforehand so I had it in hand. When I got under the glove box I found that the car had no filter in it, just a cover on the space where I thought the filter should go. There was no way to install that filter without part of it hanging out. I went back to several parts sites to double check the filter I had. The filter appears to be the correct part but I saw a note on one of the sites stating that not all Versa’s come with a cabin air filter. It depends on the trim level. That sounds very shaky to me. There is a space to mount a filter.

I will not get into why Nissan would cheap out that much to not include a cabin air filter, but I would like to know if I did manage to find a frameless filter to fit the opening & I did install it behind the factory cover would that be opening up a different set of problems IE would a filter over-stress the fan motor so it could possibly fail? Would a filter restrict airflow so much that it would adversely affect heating/AC/defrost effectiveness?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

willban1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm
I will not get into why Nissan would cheap out that much to not include a cabin air filter...
:welcome:
You're among friends. Please feel to opine. POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?
I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

I think you'll find this thread in the Pathfinder Forum of help. How to RR Cabin air filters

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”