2004 M45 trunk lift support strut

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
pdelbene
Car: 2004 Infiniti M45

Hello, I came across good instructions on removing the rear seat to access the struts. I saw a post a while ago and can't find it, some one unscrewed the strut shaft from the ball and installed the new strut by screwing in the shaft. Has anyone ever done this? I cannot get enough leverage on the wrench to grab the shaft and turn it. I am trying to avoid taking off the rear seat. Was anyone successful unscrewing it? What tool did you use. Thanks.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Don't want to cause a scare, but isn't that one of the years that requires rear seat removal to replace trunk struts? If so, God speed to you sir.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Larz wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:17 pm
Don't want to cause a scare, but isn't that one of the years that requires rear seat removal to replace trunk struts? If so, God speed to you sir.
Not to worry! :yesnod It is not tough at all to remove the rear seat, but don't remove the rear deck as some people have said elsewhere on other forums!

NOTE: As mentioned in the link to my instructions, I think it may (I emphasize "may") be possible to do the job from inside the trunk - would need a very long flat-bladed screwdriver to detach the strut clip on the inside, and very bright light to see the remote end of the clip.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”