Your 2008 Drivers Profile

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Slappy
Car: 1993 240 sx coupe

Good news - Got my car up and running!!

Bad news - I might have to have my gall bladder removed. I went to the ER 6 hrs after i got my car done , WTF!

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

holy **** thats rough,, what cause that?

Slappy

I woke up in some pretty severe pain. Went to ER and thyey gave me 3 shots of the good stuff , and the X rays showed Gall Stones. Im on my way to the DR. right now to see if i need surgery.

thefro526
Car: BMW 325Ci & S13 Coupe

Sucks to hear that Slappy, you should be able to hit up the next clubloose though right? (I'm not to familiar with Gall stones and how much they suck or not)

Slappy

We'll see.

Biggamehit
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

hope all is well and the cure is more tire smoke inhalation

Slappy

Biggamehit wrote:hope all is well and the cure is more tire smoke inhalation
Yea , this summer has had a bad start so far.

shmex
Car: 1990 CA18DET Hatch, 1992 Stock Coupe

Event Name , Location & Date

Heath ,White 1993 240 coupe

Balcony Event at WSIRHow did you think you did?

I did okay. I mean I wasn't even running my car. But I liked how my gf car runs, and its some what lowered with kyb spring or whatnot. My car wasn't ready so she said use mine. Open diff, no suspension, I did okay. We had not tandem runs, but like a drift battle and I placed fourth outta 18 beginners or so. Even someone asked me if I was vlsd or not. Suprised em when I told em I was open. Can't wait for the next one, cuz my hatchll be ready then.Were you happy with your setup?

Not at all. Ill leave it at. I did learn some things though.What you plan to work on next event

Work on my technique of clutch kicking, keeping my drifts, and overall suspension settings and such!

R.A.D. Expeience , WSIR(Balconly) & 9.22.08

Heath, Black 1990 DOHC Hatch

How did you think you did?

Well, starting off I did okay. From what the instructors told me, they said i was doing great for my second time ever at the track, and doing it with no Power Steering.

Were you happy with your setup?

Yes i was. I just need to fine tune it to my driving style. More events, more seat time, more practice. That makes perfect.

What you plan to work on next event

Work on setup of initiation at high thirdgear, then transitioning, downshift, brake, counter, pedal to the medal. I completed the whole 3rd gear sweeper, 2nd gear ring at Balcolny...but need to do it ever time!

PICS
Modified by shmex at 4:27 PM 9/27/2008

Slappy

Word up^

Biggamehit
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

your girl is a freaking sweetheart... she got sisters older than 18?????

Slappy

Huh?

Biggamehit
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

shmex GF let him drive her car. i said that was really cool of her to allow him to do that.

Slappy

Oh.

shmex

Biggamehit wrote:shmex GF let him drive her car. i said that was really cool of her to allow him to do that.
Hehehe thanx! As a matter of fact....she has two siblings in washington state, they're half sisters though, so she really doesn't talk to them.

When she told me she wanted me to use her coupe...I was like weeeerd. Hahaa. Or else I would have had to drop out, since my fb wasn't ready.

Slappy

Event #3 added to 1st post. Also , here are some pics and a short clip.....

zerothread/356654

3down1togo
Car: R.I.P. 95 gold 240sx, 97 white kouki, and 92 red chucki... NOW a new one 92 maroon chucki coupe

Ricky Nguyen_91 Nissan 240sx Coupe Maroon_Stock KA with a welded

Club Loose_Englishtown, NJ

Started out great with a couple of donuts and onto the 8's and made it to Group B YAY!

My set up was not happy at all but since im low on money cant do much about it but got to work with what i got.

Learn how counter steer back faster and of course MORE TIRES lolz

Slappy

1st post updated from All Star Bash 8/16/08

shmex

Hey Slappy and Big...and the rest who posted here. Updtaed my firt post to my second event. Going to another two events next month...Oct. 26th and Nov.1st...all at balconly...ill post vids when i get em.

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

I was planning on going to some road course fun days and an event or two this ocotber for end of season... but alasLicense suspended = season ender.

Drifter S
Car: MANY AE86S AND AN 93 240SX HATCHBACK

man o man.. havent been here in a minute.. well after that last 3 cylinder event.. i ended up selling my s13... i decided to go back to an ae86 and work on things and have a little fun with it i quit sponsored drifting all together before even getting to drive the 350z the guys built for me.. so i built an ae86... ran one event wiht a poor alignment after getting in a rush.. the car had only been on the road for 1 week... got it aligned ran one more and did fine all day till it rained.. but i still hadnt adjusted to the car.. as luck would have it i didnt get the feel for the rain till about the 4th run.. which was 1 too many.. the first 3 were the judged runs.. so DNF on that event..

next month i was back to myself fightning an ae86...1 run before the comp we were running 4 car tandem madness.. and i got hit.. broke the steering rack loose from the cross member and bent some parts. i dialed out the tie rod to give the car a static toe of 0..lol.. it drove kinda straight but the passenger wheel had a delay before it even moved..so most of the course i was just letting the pasenger front tire slide wherever it wanted.. 4wheel drifting in some cases..lol.. and to top it of the lsd had broken on me 3 runs into the day.. so i was open diff ftl..i qualified that way.. going balls out and abusing the car i made top8 tandem battle.. ran the turbo gs300 i was sure i won.. but it came down to 1 more time.. ran again and on following i knocked over the 2nd clipping point cone.. thinking i lost.. i shut it down and just drove off the course.. but i later found out it woulda only been a points deduction not a 0.. oh well.. it was fun reguardless..

the next event i had to sit out trying to fix the car..

the final event rolled around last weekend.. but here is the sad part.. the monday before.. i had just got the car right... hadnt driven it in 3 weeks.. on the way to work a lady ran a stop sign and totaled the car.. so i sat out the last event of the season.. and have no ae86 at all..

anyway so the season ended.. i missed 4 events total and i placed 7th on the season out of 70 drivers.. so i cant complain i guess.. i did what i wanted stay on the top 10..

my future plans are this.. i have a ton of ae86 parts.. im gonna pick up a shell to swap them onto for a nice DAILY... and im picking up another s13 hatch this weekend and building it for drift... as soon as the car arrives and i start work ill start a log on it...

slappy how u been man?

Slappy

Drifter S wrote:slappy how u been man?
Ive been good man!

Updated 1st post. 2 events got rained out and i missed Drift Camp in PA due to illness.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”