What did u do to your Z today ???

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Rager
Car: 1992 charcoal gray 300zx 2+2
1999 sentra
2004 chevy silverado

Z-owned wrote:Had another night to work on the Z tonight and got the plenum back on and started to hook stuff up, still have alot to do though.

^ is this part of the tt swap?

also i drove my z this week. mileage this year in the Z, less than 100 :/. i wish i had my Z here where im living now. its tough living in ct and the z at my house in vt.

Z-owned
Car: 93 N/A Z32
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

Rager wrote: ^ is this part of the tt swap?

Unfortunately no the tt swap is taking much longer than originally expected due to me wanting to do everything once on it, so it's till on a stand half torn apart. I had some leaking valve covers I needed to fix though and figured I would try out my color scheme i was thinking about on the n/a before doing it on the tt.

that said my gf and I finished it up today. Just needs a little better cleaning done still and the cc deleted after this upcoming show this weekend.

z32loverboy
Car: 1990 300zx CRP N/A 5 Speed (wreaked, now a shell) SOLD

1993 Slicktop CRP N/A 5 Speed w/ '90 built N/A motor and interior

1958 Ford f-100 straight-body (Grandaddies truck, resto-project)

finally sanded down the front stock wheels. will finish painting them this week and have pics of the finished product. i'm so sick of having only the back wheels black.

WOOZZH
Car: '91 Twin turbo Yellow- Owned 20 years

Traded out the insturment cluster with one out of a '92. Everything fit fine and the speedometer now works. :woot:

mrmoose
Car: 91 300zxtt

Relocated my ptu and shortened the harness, installed my new tial QR bov springs, and installed my train horn!

Muhib
Car: 04 Nissan Maxima SE 6MT Elite Package
90 Nissan Pearl Yellow 300ZX TT

WOOZZH wrote:Traded out the insturment cluster with one out of a '92. Everything fit fine and the speedometer now works. :woot:
Hi fellow pearl yellow Z owner! :D

Got pioneer avic D3 installed in Z today. Thinking of tune up. Should I get spark plugs only or more stuff?

ArticDragon192
Car: 91 Z32 2+2

Almost ready to rock.
Timing belt done. Had my water pipes powdercoated matte black, and those are on as well. My Billion thermostat is installed again.
Valve covers painted metallic black, with a golden/ bronze flake in it. TB got cleaned up and are nice a brushed looking. Changed the injector cap hardware from Phillips screws to allen head bolts. Motor is pretty much almost complete.
All that's left to do: relocate some exhaust studs for the NA headers, reseal the oil pan, replace the oil pan lip seals, new rear main seal, install clutch and flywheel, and a few other minor things.

Chattzx
Car: 90 Z32

ArticDragon192 wrote:Image
Almost ready to rock.
Timing belt done. Had my water pipes powdercoated matte black, and those are on as well. My Billion thermostat is installed again.
Valve covers painted metallic black, with a golden/ bronze flake in it. TB got cleaned up and are nice a brushed looking. Changed the injector cap hardware from Phillips screws to allen head bolts. Motor is pretty much almost complete.
All that's left to do: relocate some exhaust studs for the NA headers, reseal the oil pan, replace the oil pan lip seals, new rear main seal, install clutch and flywheel, and a few other minor things.
Very nice, looks like we will both have new motors. Getting mine completely rebuilt starting next week after my spun bearing. Can't wait to see your's up and running!

ArticDragon192

Should be a fun motor. 40P TT heads, valve job done, JWT S1 cams installed as well, and going Selin dual intake set up with custom short intake pipes. Should be fun and responsive.
I also have a 4.3 gearset I have yet to have installed in the diff.

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

+1 looks good Edgar !

I shipped some goodies out to get chromed friday! I can't wait to be driving my car again.

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

Got her up and running. Drove her out, checked the vitals with Datascan, then gave her a much deserved bath. Gonna take her out to the company outing this coming Thursday.

Still have some little s*** to fix, PS and exhaust leaks, but nothing major. New battery even matches the engine bay better than the old one :chuckle:

Afi
Car: Gold 2+2 NA '90 300ZX
Completely stock (and will stay that way)!...maybe

More basic stuff for me: 120k maintenance done though the car has only 54k.
A bit overkill I guess but could no longer trust these 20 year old belts. Now I start to see what you mean when you say that maintaining a 20 year old sports car hurts the wallet. Only drove 1200 miles so far this summer (weekend car exclusively) and I'm already at 2500$ of regular/preventive maintenance (dealer maintained because the mechanic has been working on Z's since the S30, I'll pay the rape price for peace of mind). The car was running just fine before the 2500$ so I can only imagine the bill when the car is actually really broken.
Next up: new cat-back, I'm leaning toward Specialty Z because they are the only "top brand" who seem to offer the NA stock specs: 2.25 inches diameter combined with dual round tips.

Rager
Car: 1992 charcoal gray 300zx 2+2
1999 sentra
2004 chevy silverado

^ what I went with , with a "large" resonated "h" pipe. i coudnt be happier. I will let you know that most orders are made to order and will take about 3 weeks . I didnt know this at the time of ordering , but im very please with the product I received!

when i received mine for a 2+2

Afi
Car: Gold 2+2 NA '90 300ZX
Completely stock (and will stay that way)!...maybe

^^^Thanks! Specialty Z? How is the sound, is it close to OEM even with the large resonators because that's what I'm looking for. Any issue with drone?

Z-owned
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

Got my Z back together and timed today and took it for a small drive to test everything. Had pulled the ud pulley off to check it's mark with the stock one and when it wasn't off had to tear down to check the timing belt to see if it had jumped as my cas was having to be maxed to one side to get 15btdc. Ended up being a temp sensor keeping the ecu thinking the car was cold. But it did allow me to paint my timing belt covers. Also changed my oil today and with royal purple changing their oil up i switched to lubro moly 10w40.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

I love the color combo Chris, if I ever go crazy under the hood I'm gonna "steal" your colors! :dblthumb:

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

Z-owned wrote:But it did allow me to paint my timing belt covers. Also changed my oil today and with royal purple changing their oil up i switched to lubro moly 10w40.
And they look great, did you use the Duplicolor perfect match stuff?

And FYI, the Royal Purple HPS is the good stuff. Their regular stuff is no good anymore, IMHO. I used it for the oil change I did Friday, but I also added a bottle of ZDDPlus for piece of mind.

Z-owned
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

Thanks! Your bay is looking great as well, hopefully I can get that extra piping in mine sooner than later lol. I bought the paint from automotivetouchup.com I have used there paint in various forms For different projects and really like it. I wish I could find the RP HPS stuff locally but I don't feel like ordering oil online.

kowboydmac
Car: 1990 Z32 NA Auto

How'd you find Lubro Moly but not RP HPS?! lol

Z-owned
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

kowboydmac wrote:How'd you find Lubro Moly but not RP HPS?! lol
Went to every parts store in my area to see if they carried the HPS and none did. Napa carries the lubro moly been running it in my mr2 for awhile now and it loves it so figured i would try it in the Z, may try rotella t6 next time if I dont like it.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

BigTDogg (MA) wrote:
Z-owned wrote:But it did allow me to paint my timing belt covers. Also changed my oil today and with royal purple changing their oil up i switched to lubro moly 10w40.
And they look great, did you use the Duplicolor perfect match stuff?

And FYI, the Royal Purple HPS is the good stuff. Their regular stuff is no good anymore, IMHO. I used it for the oil change I did Friday, but I also added a bottle of ZDDPlus for piece of mind.
I used the Duplicolor perfect match for my rotor hubs and other minor stuff, it works nice and looks pretty good if not a perfect match as they'd like to say it is...but good enough if not right next to my CRP car body.
Funny about Royal Purple...I mentioned the same about the RP recently to Chris, I had changed the NA's oil and it didn't feel the same as usual on RP and now it makes sense. Gonna go Rotella T6 in the TT when the next oil change comes up in a few hundy miles...

canadian booster
Car: 1993 z32TT JDM

oil change, new smoked lights, reflectors, clear side markers, custom plate (PSHHHT) and put my old JDM plate on the front from Yokohama

i was thinking of putting some light window tint on the foglights, just so they're not so white and shiney

gotta fix that wheelgap, yikes

canadian booster
Car: 1993 z32TT JDM

added a brake cylinder booster brace, and a quick release steering wheel hub

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Oil change with Rotella T6, and cleaned the throttle bodies and tightened the boost hose clamps this weekend :bigthumb:

Muhib
Car: 04 Nissan Maxima SE 6MT Elite Package
90 Nissan Pearl Yellow 300ZX TT

cleaned the bird poop off passenger t-top....i hate birds....

also uploaded these backgrounds for the navigation

Start up
Navigation background
AV background

Got them from avic411 and Google :)

Question, guys. My next oil change is 2000 km away and the car is going to be put away in 20 days :(. Should I still do the oil change or do it next year? I dont drive the car at all during fall, winter and early spring except start ups.

ArticDragon192

Went dual intakes with my Selin unit. Relocated the filters under the headlamps. I will be redoing the piping soon to tuck the headlamps a bit higher. But this will do for now. Intakes growl nicely!

Z31toZ32
Car: 1999 Infinity QX4

^ no splash guard?

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

I made arm rests for the door panels in the TT, the flash doesn't do justice as the color match is good. I also recovered the worn front and rear speaker covers while I was there.

Fixed a couple of other small items as well such as gluing with a special hot glue the cargo cover fabric that was coming apart at the metal rod, and made thinner/smaller front speaker mounts so the door panel doesn't get pushed out with 3/4 material, as the PO had them.
Fun stuff!

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

This thread must not die!!!

Tonight we installed the Stillen rear swaybar. :)

IonZ32
Car: 1990 300zx TT
1992 300zx
1964 Malibu

Finshed installing the Ionic Dynamics TT spoiler (90-93) and it really looks good. Had some paint matched, I primed it, sanded it, then shot it (over the course of a week or so). Looks pretty good, a sag or two, but that will go away once I color sand it. Drilled all the mounting holes and mounting holes for wires and third brake light! Now my brake light warning light is on, but I'll cut that wire shortly haha! I'll get some pics of the spoiler up soon, very very good fitment on the wing. I didnt have to sand any of the wing down for it to sit flush.
Almost at 120k miles. Oh no, timing belt time! I'll prolly delay it a few thousand since its an n/a, should be ok.
Next up I'll track down a TT rear sway bar, some decent rotors, and maybe paint my stock wheels black, but thats a big maybe!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”