What Broadfield Has Been Up To......

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Razi wrote:Awesome plans as usual.

So, is the center A/C vent coming back?
I hope you can keep your DCC and make it able to control the LS's A/C compressor!
Most likely the vent will make a comeback. I don't want to put something there just to put something there. Nor do I want to put something there just because I had something there before. And yes, I will make sure the DCC controls the A/C. Unless of course I come up with a better, more baller idea. ;)

Razi
Car: Moo

:rotfl
Lookin forward to it.

Chaluska

Broadfield wrote:I could tell you to search, it's been discussed several times in this thread. But since I like you, I'll save you the hassle :)

This whole thing actually started out to just shave/fill the bay, paint it body color, brake line tuck and booster delete. Then I figured if I'm tearing the whole damn thing out, what's the point of putting the same damn thing back in... so I decided to do an LS3 swap. Then I decided to do an entire new custom chassis harness and fuse box. Then OEM K's aero. Then a new cluster, then...... who knows what!?! I'm out of control to say the least. On top of that I want to have it all done by July.
Ahhh, to have endless pockets ;), your work truely is the CLEANEST ive seen.. period

angelscrx

I would get the gauges off of you but then that would be the best part of my car right now lol. Its good that you are selling it as a unit instead of parting it out as I would hate to see this in different places.

Broadfield

Chaluska wrote: Ahhh, to have endless pockets ;), your work truely is the CLEANEST ive seen.. period
Definitely not endless, not by any stretch of the imagination. You have to remember that everything that I sold out of the engine bay made me around $11,000.

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Looking beautiful. Any more picture updates coming any time soon?

Chaluska

Broadfield wrote:
Chaluska wrote: Ahhh, to have endless pockets ;), your work truely is the CLEANEST ive seen.. period
Definitely not endless, not by any stretch of the imagination. You have to remember that everything that I sold out of the engine bay made me around $11,000.
definatly.

your lucky to make that much back! i once lost about 3x the amount of money i put into an old S14.. spent about 8 on the car, brakes, turbo setup etc etc, and only got around 2800. live and learn i guess..

Id love to do a LS1 swap, but i fear its just a tad out of my price range. ill just stick to being happy with KA-T for now.

when i look at your car, i feel like its on display at a meuseam. its so freaking clean it makes me want to vomit :dblthumb:

Perfect example...

This is a dang car, where is the freaking grease??!?!? WHERE IS THE BRAKE DUST!?!? ARGGHHGHHHH

side note :

Any news on your engine coming in?

Broadfield

Chaluska wrote:Any news on your engine coming in?
I sold my SR motor last Wednesday night, then ordered up the LS3 Thursday. A few days later and it’s in my possession. I bought the LS3/480 which is the standard LS3 with the addition of a pre-installed “hot” cam. This bumps power from the standard 430hp up to 480hp. Pretty logical purchase for only another $340.

Razi

And the beast's heart arrives...
:eekdance

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Yeah, I'd hump it

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

:woot: :fap: , that is all, haha

Chaluska

O...m....g....

i literally need to stop looking at your build, each time i do, my car makes me more sick.

DAMNIT!!!

incredible stuff man!!

Taran14
Car: 1989 240sx hatch!

Yes!!! Here Comes the even better part! :woot:

Speckid4
Car: 1995 240sx
1993 240sx

Needs longtubes with 1.875" inch primary's! :bigthumb:

Broadfield

Speckid4 wrote:Needs longtubes with 1.875" inch primary's! :bigthumb:
Yep, I ordered the 1-7/8" long tubes a couple weeks ago. The crate motor comes with the cast manifolds.... I'm sure they are worthless, but I'll check LS1Tech to see if I can get a couple dollars for them.

GrilledCheese33
Car: 2008 Xterra, 1972 Yamaha R5, 2017 Sea Doo Spark Trixx

Awesome as usual, Toby :bigthumb:

Broadfield

I'm pretty stoked today... I lucked out and snagged a set of the Katech covers and their coilpack relocate kit. I had been on a waiting list for a couple months, but they are still on back order from Katech. It's pretty rare to find them from a private seller, and when you do, they are priced over retail or they do not have the inlay. A guy over on corvetteforum.com just happen to post them up for sale last night... I'm probably lucky I even got to them before someone else. They are even brand new in the box and he had them priced FAR below retail. They are powder coated red from Katech, which I'll probably change.

I'm still undecided what color I want to paint these and the intake manifold. I saw an LS3/7 all done in silver and I have to admit it was pretty classy. At the same time I want to do a solid vivid color to make it pop under the hood.

Some quick examples of paint setups. Christ Vette bays are crowded. There really shouldn't be much of anything in mine, so I think this motor is really gonna standout.... which is a good thing!

bersh240

Im diggin the silver.
it looks very clean
the yellow/orange doesnt fit your car at all...

Razi

That silver/brushed silver looking one looks great.

Or go for Maziora paint to match your seats. :P

Chaluska

im pretty sure with your car, white valve covers with black labels would be epic

JoseBronx

^ cosign

Broadfield

Razi wrote:Or go for Maziora paint to match your seats. :P
Trust me, that color is always on the back of my mind. A little Japanese flare for an American plant.
Chaluska wrote:im pretty sure with your car, white valve covers with black labels would be epic
My first thought was also white.... very awesome. But then the manifold would look weird in white... and I most likely want them color matched.

Broadfield

I shipped the SR out yesterday.... so I figured I better snap one last pic before I strapped it down and wrapped it.

I got my Katech stuff Wednesday, so I'm bolting all of that crap on right now. Still debating on color, but I have a couple ideas that are in the running. I'll be sure to post up some pics with the new valve covers and stuff on shortly.

Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

As you posted on Zilvia, Maziora paint would look extremely sick under the hood

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Broadfield wrote:I shipped the SR out yesterday.... so I figured I better snap one last pic before I strapped it down and wrapped it.

I got my Katech stuff Wednesday, so I'm bolting all of that crap on right now. Still debating on color, but I have a couple ideas that are in the running. I'll be sure to post up some pics with the new valve covers and stuff on shortly.
cleanest SR that ever existed, outside or still in the factory itself LOL

Broadfield

Got all of the Katech stuff bolted on last night. I have to admit that the quality is better than what I am use to with most of the SR stuff I have dealt with. Usually when I buy a part(s) I have to modify it in some way to fit the way I think it should fit or just to get it to fit period. This stuff is SPOT on. Now I'm sure that it just may be the Katech stuff and the other redneck parts I buy for this will look like they were fabricated in a Kentucky back woods shack. I guess we'll see.

I took some before and after pictures to clearly show how much better it looks... even with the red covers. Some MSD plug wires also made it onto the motor. The coil pack relocate necessitates slightly longer wires.

Time to slap this crap on the motor:

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

NICE! They look the motor look kind of exotic!

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

krash wrote:NICE! They look the motor look kind of exotic!
:werd:

gijoe392003
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe
2008 Nissan Titan

Can't wait to see this thing in your car. Beautiful job, as always.

mudvayne9790
Car: 240sx 93 Hatch

no updates? I wana see this thing up and running

Return to “240sx General Discussion”