What Broadfield Has Been Up To......

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

scotty-2-forty wrote:Hey Broadfield, what parts you still got that I might be interested in? PM me??
I think you would be interested in the entire setup... which I still have. Do you want me to send you over a Paypal request for $10,000?

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

^^^ :spitout:

(not that thats a bad price for that setup, I'm just imaging having $10,000 laying around to spend on it... lol)
Last edited by simmode1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

scotty-2-forty
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE KA24DET

Broadfield wrote:I think you would be interested in the entire setup... which I still have. Do you want me to send you over a Paypal request for $10,000?
Hahahaha .............. no. Seriously though, are you parting out the engine? It's not like I need anything, but I'm always on the lookout; plus I gotz friends. :yesnod Problem with my whole mentality as of late is that I'm also considering a V8 swap, so I may get to this point sooner than even I/myself think. :chuckle:

Taran14
Car: 1989 240sx hatch!

This... build... is... gonna... be.... EPIC! :thewave: :banana: :popcorn:

Broadfield

scotty-2-forty wrote:
Broadfield wrote:I think you would be interested in the entire setup... which I still have. Do you want me to send you over a Paypal request for $10,000?
Hahahaha .............. no. Seriously though, are you parting out the engine? It's not like I need anything, but I'm always on the lookout; plus I gotz friends. :yesnod Problem with my whole mentality as of late is that I'm also considering a V8 swap, so I may get to this point sooner than even I/myself think. :chuckle:
All of the "parts" have been spoken for except for the FMIC(no piping) and the Power FC. Otherwise I still have the long block and trans.

Touge_Drifter
Car: 1995 S14.5
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2004 350Z
2011 cube

Why not just build a second car? I'd keep the white one the way it was and start over on another car........thats just me though.

Broadfield

Touge_Drifter wrote:Why not just build a second car? I'd keep the white one the way it was and start over on another car........thats just me though.
Maybe if I had your money! The LS3 swap is going to be in the $12,000 range once it's all said and done. 95% of that will be funded by selling my SR swap. I don't have $12,000 laying around + the price of another S-chassis vehicle... then to make the rest of that car the way I want it... so another $30,000 I'm sure. Grant it I'm doing the OEM aero... so another $2000 in parts and paint. But I would of done that to the "other" car anyway. I guess what I'm saying is why spend $50,000 on another car when I can just change this one for several thousand.

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

What Sr20 is the Power Fc for?

Broadfield

nevertheless wrote:What Sr20 is the Power Fc for?
S15, although I think you can change a couple pins or something and it will work on a 2nd gen S14 SR.... just something I saw someone do a while back. Don't quote me on that.

angelscrx

Broadfield wrote:
Touge_Drifter wrote:Why not just build a second car? I'd keep the white one the way it was and start over on another car........thats just me though.
Maybe if I had your money! The LS3 swap is going to be in the $12,000 range once it's all said and done. 95% of that will be funded by selling my SR swap. I don't have $12,000 laying around + the price of another S-chassis vehicle... then to make the rest of that car the way I want it... so another $30,000 I'm sure. Grant it I'm doing the OEM aero... so another $2000 in parts and paint. But I would of done that to the "other" car anyway. I guess what I'm saying is why spend $50,000 on another car when I can just change this one for several thousand.
Its crazy how you can throw numbers around like that and it not seem to even bother you LOL. Although I know its a ding on the pocket :chuckle:

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

Damn! Im in the market for a S13 blacktop power fc...But goodluck to your engine build, Ill be checkin it out.

Touge_Drifter
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2004 350Z
2011 cube

I wasn't trying to be an a** if that how it came out. BUT what happens after you get a feature with the LS3? do you then swap it out for something else?

Broadfield

Touge_Drifter wrote:I wasn't trying to be an a** if that how it came out. BUT what happens after you get a feature with the LS3? do you then swap it out for something else?
I wasn't aware this LS3 swap, or anything I do to my car for that matter, has anything to do about magazines, features or pleasing other people!?!

I have never once approached a single person or magazine about free parts, a feature, write-up or a mention about my car. They all approach me. If in fact I get another feature with the LS swap in there, then great. But I would never change my car for the hope of attention... it's all about pleasing me! ;)

For what it's worth, I didn't think you were being an arse. I just assumed you were misinformed of who I am and why I do the things I do. I am actually a really low-key person. It's only the car forums I am somewhat known.... well, my car is known.

the a3k
Car: 1996 Black S14 RB25

i agree. its all about making it the way you want. if people dont like it, F them. my car is designed strictly for my liking. i dont care if anyone else does and im glad youre the same way lol.

Touge_Drifter
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2004 350Z
2011 cube

I wasnt meaning do it all for a feature. I built my car for me, and now that im finishing up with this one I have started another one. I like the white one.....I just could never tear the engine out after getting it like that and throwing another engine in. And I hope to meet you someday, Your not to far from where I am. besides Im in Chicago alot.

scotty-2-forty

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU OLD MAN!
:birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday

Broadfield

Thanks man, don't remind me :frown:

On a happy note though, I will never be as old as you :gapteeth:

scotty-2-forty

Broadfield wrote:Thanks man, don't remind me :frown:

Oh ... yes you will ... I'll just always be wiser! :chuckle:

Touge_Drifter
1995 Nissan 240sx SE
2004 350Z
2011 cube

Since your going the LS3 route look into these guys:http://www.sikky.com/swap_parts_high_pe ... cturer.php
Sikky will make your job much happier. A friend of mine ordered there install kit and after using their oil pan you wont have to modify the cross member. Made my job putting it all in sooooo easy! and happy birthday!

Broadfield

scotty-2-forty wrote:
Broadfield wrote:Thanks man, don't remind me :frown:

Oh ... yes you will ... I'll just always be wiser! :chuckle:
Touche!
Touge_Drifter wrote:Since your going the LS3 route look into these guys:http://www.sikky.com/swap_parts_high_pe ... cturer.php
Sikky will make your job much happier. A friend of mine ordered there install kit and after using their oil pan you wont have to modify the cross member. Made my job putting it all in sooooo easy! and happy birthday!
Yep, I had already planned on going with them :bigthumb:

Broadfield

Worked on tearing this thing down again on Sunday... didn't get a single minute to work on it since my last update. We had 20 F'n inches of snow Tuesday night. So I shoveled snow all damn day Wednesday. Had it not been for this swap, I would have bought a nice $900 Husqvarna snow blower. I almost did it anyway a couple weeks ago and I was kicking myself Wednesday that my balls were not quite big enough to go through with it. Oh well, that money would of come out of my swap funds, so I'm glad I held strong. I'm also wiring my garage for 220 and installing a sub-panel out there. I'm going to pick up a Miller TIG, sizable air compressor and a portable 220 volt shop heater. So I need to get some juice out to the garage. After 2-3 hours of work, I leave you with my only pic:

scotty-2-forty

Broadfield wrote:... I'm also wiring my garage for 220 and installing a sub-panel out there. I'm going to pick up a Miller TIG, sizable air compressor and a portable 220 volt shop heater. ...
Looking good so far, even for a tear down!

Ok, so you're gonna help me weld up a cage, right? :yesnod My welding skills suck; I gotta find the guy I last used about 10 years ago. He's probably dead; he was about 80, but a damnn good 'seamstress'. :frown:

Broadfield

Jesus H. it's cold out... I really need to get some heat in my garage. It was -2 outside last night and I REALLY did not want to go out in the garage and work. But I sacked up and worked on it for an hour or so. Just trying to get everything off that people are starting to pay for.

Also trying to keep everything organized as I go:

I have been too spoiled working on my car in my business's shop in the past. The heat and size of the space are an obvious bonus. But not having my full disposal of tools sucks sometimes. I have been collecting a decent setup of Snap-On tools in the last couple of years for my house garage, but nothing like what I have at work. So when I went to remove the turbo manifold tonight I hit a dead-end when I went to remove the 12pt. 12mm nuts. I easily got all of them off with a ratcheting wrench except for the last one by the water neck. I need a deep well 12pt. socket on an extension to get in there and all I have at home are 6pt. sockets. So that, along with the cold, convinced me to hang it up for the night. It was 1:30am anyway and I still needed to watch some TV.

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

Over last winter I swapped my 240SX to an aluminum 5.3L LS/T56. I did all of the wiring myself, made my own mounts, etc, and it turned out to be fantastically cheap. The point where it got expensive was not buying a car motor to begin with! Swapping accessories and intake setups was more time consuming and costly than I had initially realized. Either way I manged to get the entire swap done for less than 2500 bucks (I got a killer deal on the transmission). You're gonna love it, and wonder why you ever bothered with 4 cylinders.

It only started to get real expensive with the 5.3L had a bottom end failure (I didn't rebuild the bottom end after buying it), so I picked up an iron 6.0L complete for about 400 bucks, and made the call to texas speed. 408 Stroker kit later (6.7L for metric guys), fully ported heads, MS4 cam, FAST intake and custom longtubes later, well, I'm broke and the car isn't back together yet, haha.

Good luck!

Broadfield

Got the entire chassis harness out last night along with some other things. I won't be able to work on the car tonight, but will start removing the blower assembly etc. on Wednesday.

Yours truly trying to squeeze my old a** in there. Actually, it's the type of position I'm in everyday for work, so no big deal. But I am getting old none-the-less:

One of my dogs overseeing my organization in the basement:

I'm keeping the important stuff down in my basement. Because quite frankly I don't have the room in my garage:

Razi
Car: Moo

Booo!
Is that rust I see on the armrest bracket? :P

That's a great basement collection!

the a3k
Car: 1996 Black S14 RB25

you will give me your seats (jedi mind trick)

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Hell man why don't you just move the car down to the basement, tons of room down there. :rotfl:

Broadfield

Taran14
Car: 1989 240sx hatch!

Maybe since its so cold outside.... you can heat up by cutting out your firewall and weld in a Rhd one! :chuckle:

Return to “240sx General Discussion”