If you're a new member, welcome to NICOclub! You've joined the largest, most active Nissan/Infiniti group on the Internet. We hope you'll find that NICOclub isn't just another website, but more of a community - even a home, if you will, for you to share your experiences, questions, and concerns with your Nissan, Datsun, and/or Infiniti!
If you'd like, you may post an introduction for yourself and your vehicles here.
If you haven't registered yet, please do so here, as many of the items below can only be taken full advantage of with a free membership. Thank you for your support!
Terms of Conduct
My post / thread disappeared - What happened?
While the NICO Administration tries very hard to avoid censoring or removing posts, posts or threads can be removed for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
- Linking to a forum that competes with NICO. While this may seem silly, NICO exists due to the enormous flow of traffic that enters the site. Without this, the resource would cease to exist.
- Posting something inappropriate. In the interests of professionalism, we ask that anything posted on NICO be "PG-13" in nature. There are other sites where "anything goes" and, while we try to avoid censoring content, NICO is not one of them.
- Flaming, bashing or trolling. A good rule of thumb here is, "if you don't have anything nice / constructive to say, don't say anything." NICO prides itself on being a safe place for all people (newbies and veterans) to learn and share a common interest.
- Commercial posting. We all hate spam, and spamming our members is a good way to be removed from NICO, and added to a spammer database. However, if you are a business and you have a product that might be of interest to our members, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't allow commercial posting for non-paying advertisers, but we're very flexible and can design a package that accommodates most business budgets.
- Political and religious discussions. We've learned from experience that these sorts of threads lead to division and dissent in our family, and we'd prefer to remain cohesive and united in our enthusiasm for cars. If you want to discuss politics, keep it in the politics forum.
- Starting a new topic in place of one that you *think* might have been removed by a Moderator for one of the aforementioned reasons is simply bad "netiquette" and will be dealt with appropriately.
- Creating a new account to circumvent a temporary ban will result in being permanently banned from this site.
- Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.
With growth comes change, and the following are the official NICO rules for signatures. Please follow them and adjust your current signatures. This thread will be updated from time to time and it is up to you to make sure you are "up to date" on current NICO rules.
- Maximum sig size is 600x235 (including images AND text): Maximum picture size is 600x200 within a sig along with two lines of default-sized text. Text only should be no larger than 235px high. If you are not sure if your signature meets these limitations, ask.
- Nudity and vulgar language is not allowed, nor is finding cute and clever ways of representing profanity.
- Any quotes that are considered outlandish by members or NICO staff will be removed. Remember, this is "you" signing "your" post and should reflect that.
- Sigs are not to be used to make religious or political statements of any kind.
- Banned members are not to be referenced to in anyone's signatures. What's done is done, move on.
- Linking to another forum, a non-sponsoring shop or company, or a competing website is prohibited, so please do the right thing.
- If it's got a funny quote and it's been up a while, chances are it's no longer funny.
- If it contains a picture or reference to an "inside joke", chances are it's not only no longer funny, but it's also confusing to new people.
- If you don't want to look at other people's signatures while you're surfing NICO, there's an option in the User Control Panel to turn signatures off.
Keep your avatar updated - Make it something memorable - you'd be surprised how many people associate you with your avatar! Avatars should not contain any nudity or inappropriate images.
Admins and Super Moderators will be monitoring the forum and adjusting signatures/avatars as time permits. If you see that someone's sig is bloated or breaking listed rules, you may notify the appropriate moderators.
You can always contact management at email@example.com. This email address is monitored, but gets a ton of messages - so it may take us a day or two to get back to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions about NICOClub itself are here. Read it a bit before asking a question you think may be responded to as being a "stupid question" - odds are it's there.
You can upload your images to a photo hosting site (such as imgur or flickr) and link them to NICO by using the image feature. Here's a helpful article: How do I add pictures to my post?
Tech Articles and DIYs
Over 3500 technical articles and DIYs are hosted here on NICO. Feel free to peruse them by clicking the "Articles" buttons in the menu bar above.
The history of NICO, and the staff that make it run: The History and Staff of NICOclub