How to post pictures using photobucket

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

**** ADMIN UPDATE ****
Photobucket no longer allows image hosting without a paid subscription, so this post has been un-stickied.

Since it appears previous threads have been moved/deleted, here is an update for you. Personally, I use photobucket but there are many other options out there. Here is a quick tutorial on posting pictures using photobucket.

First, hit up their site and register for an account:

http://photobucket.com/

Then, click sign up on the top and have at it. I might suggest using a throw away email address if you have one. Just remember, whatever username you choose will be visible to anyone viewing your pictures. Therefore, it may be a good idea to NOT duplicate you bank username/email/whatever.

Once your account is created and you are logged in, you should see a screen like this:

See the green button that says "Upload Now"? Go ahead and click on it. It will give you a screen like this:

Now click "Select Photos and Videos" and you will end up here (before clicking to select photos, feel free to change into a new folder if you want to keep things organized):

Select the files from your computer that you want to add. Remember, holding down the control key while you click files will allow you to select more than one at a time. Before you click ok to select the files, remember that you are uploading them to the internet. Any personal information contained within will now be completely public. Once you click ok, you will be able to see the progress:

Once the upload is complete, click on any of the "save and continue to my album" links:

When in the folder that contains the picture you want to post, mouse over the picture and a dialogue box will open. Click on the "IMG code" which is what works on NICO. It should automatically copy the text:

Alternatively, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "select all" button and then chose to "generate link codes for selected" out of the drop-down menu right next to the button. You would do this if you have a folder with multiple photos you want to post:

When you do this, again be sure to select the IMG code and it, too, should automatically copy the text:

Once you have that text copied, it's as easy as pasting it into NICO. When you have that, it should end up looking something like this:

You might want to double-check everything is ok by previewing the post first, but that should be all it takes. If you hit any snags, post up a question and we'll help you out.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Sweetness....

Xdisaster240sX
Car: S13 Hatch, R32 GTS4

um...ok then :poke:

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

AppleBonker wrote: You might want to double-check everything is ok by previewing the post first, but that should be all it takes. If you hit any snags, post up a question and we'll help you out.
Like making sure they are the right pictures and not the ones of your fat ex gf. No one wants to see those :eek:

ammaar555

Using this photobucket can we upload as many as photos...?

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

You want to upload multiple photos? Just follow the instructions above and select all the img codes and then paste them

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

good jurb!!

I always use photobucket.

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

I thought all you had to do was put all the photos you want uploaded into a zip folder and name it "upload"?

Maybe that has changed...

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Dave's old school like the old school, yo.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

is it the same for gifs? :couch

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Yes.

PoorManQ45

Interesting, I never knew about the generate link option.

Thanks

06SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R

Thanks, I forgot how to upload pics. Appreciate it!

andytrig32
Car: Nissan 200sx SE-R

That was a really nice post. I have always had issues adding photos from photobucket.

simple-man
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx SE

Very helpful, I was having a hard time and I just uploaded my firt pic...lol

TrimDude
Car: 2009 Nissan Sentra 2.0

1986.5 Nissan Hardbody Single Cab 2WD, 5 speed, VG30i, PW, PDL, Tilt, Cruise and all sorts of other factory options.

Thanks !
Good info on the review to avoid pictures of the fat ex GF. No one wants to see that.

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

Download the photo bucket app to you're droid/iphone!!!! Its the shiz!!! Upload direct.

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

Fyi with the photobucket app, you simply download, then click view links and the tap the img link and it automatically copys it to your clipboard. Then you come here and paste. The absolute easiest way to upload pics here.... Period. oh, and when you are in the photo bucket app and click upload, it automatically goes into your phone pics!

D300ZX
Car: 1990 300ZX

ok

windbooster
Car: Nissan 370z

It's really a very good instruction. lol. :dblthumb:

jrm5503
Car: 91 Mazda rx7 SR20 DET swapped

Seems easy enough

CaliforniaMayhem
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE
2001 GS-R
2005 600RR

Thank you OP for this topic. I just made an account in the hopes of posting pictures so I can introduce myself and I can't get the damn links to share!? It seriously just wont let me copy them (and doesn't do it automatically). Infact when I hover over the type of link I'd like to share (IMG code) it just blanks out and I can't click on anything. :wtf2:

I feel this should be so damn easy.. I'll check back after I cool down... in a few days.

ProjectP
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X

Hello Nicoclub,

I am trying to place pics of my car directly to my post without a link. When I click the image button and paste the code from Dropbox I get the broken picture symbol in my "preview". Does dropbox and/or google drive not work with NicoClub forums for picture hosting? :mad:

I've been trying to post pics and introduce myself and it's not working like I would like to. I feel like a Noob. :gotme

I was trying to use a web hosting site that I may already have. So many passwords and usernames to remember now a days! :crazy:

Thanks in advance!!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

ProjectP wrote:Hello Nicoclub,

I am trying to place pics of my car directly to my post without a link. When I click the image button and paste the code from Dropbox I get the broken picture symbol in my "preview". Does dropbox and/or google drive not work with NicoClub forums for picture hosting? :mad:

I've been trying to post pics and introduce myself and it's not working like I would like to. I feel like a Noob. :gotme

I was trying to use a web hosting site that I may already have. So many passwords and usernames to remember now a days! :crazy:

Thanks in advance!!
Unfortunately, You won't be able to post without a link. Signing up with Photobucket.com (which is free and is only one more password) and using their link definitely works and doesn't take long.

ProjectP

Thanks for the reply bubba1. Guess photobucket.com it is!

ProjectP

Hey bubba1, will photobucket allow me to post the actual pic in my post instead of just the link? I rather have the pic there instead of a link sending you to another page to view the pic? I'm guessing that's the gif image command? Dropbox will give you a link and allow you to share that but when I use the gif command it doesnt work. I am thinking about joining photobucket only if I can insert the pic in my post directly. If photobucket doesn't do that I'll just post pics with Dropbox. Thanks for all your help sorry for all the questions.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ProjectP wrote:Hey bubba1, will photobucket allow me to post the actual pic in my post instead of just the link? I rather have the pic there instead of a link sending you to another page to view the pic? I'm guessing that's the gif image command? Dropbox will give you a link and allow you to share that but when I use the gif command it doesnt work. I am thinking about joining photobucket only if I can insert the pic in my post directly. If photobucket doesn't do that I'll just post pics with Dropbox. Thanks for all your help sorry for all the questions.
No, it's hosted on Photobucket's website, but you get a code that you copy and paste into your post. The picture shows up here as if it were on this site. It saves us storage space, and allows you control over your images. If you have any problems getting the image to show correctly, just hit up a Moderator to lend a hand.

di_gent
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

i think they change the website http://photobucket.com/. i used it for the first time today. You have to click on the photo you want to include in your post and then on the right side you will see Email & IM, DIrect, HTML and IMG. Click on the IMG and it automatically copies the link for you. Then just past that link into your post and vois la.

kmk786
Car: 2015 Q70L
2006 M45 Sport - SOLD

Would it not work with creating a link in Google Photos?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Hotlinking images is not officially supported by Google+. However I'm not currently aware of any restrictions to doing it. So Google+ should work, though you might have to set the privacy settings to public. There aren't a lot of embedding features. They don't give you BBCodes or HTML to embed photos as well. To share manually, you have to copy and share the URL.

Guide to Image Hosting with Google Plus

Return to “General Chat”