VG30DETT into 1989 240SX

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
TSL
Car: Nissan

sauceja wrote:Fayceoff: have you gotten any news as to the status of your car. I have read through all the pages as I will be looking for an engine upgrade possibilities.
Yeah i am still wondering the same thing. It would be so awesome just to see even one picture of the engine in the car.....
sauceja wrote:This looks a little too much time consuming for me.
Thats the funny thing, it's not that time consuming. A competent workshop would take a couple of weeks to do the entire conversion. Even an average backyarder only takes a few months of spare time to do this job.

fayceoff

NO, still no word. I'd love to see something that indicated that it's actually being worked on, too, guys, believe me. I put all my faith in this guy - even had him over to my house when he came to the States. He says it's done and will be waiting for me if I get back over there in November, but I can't seem to get a photo from him. Very frustrating!

sauceja
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX Hatch

Sorry to hear that.

On a positive side I picked up my 89 hatch today and got it home. Stuck a honda accord battery I had laying around in it and turned on everything works so I tried starting it. Fired right up.Been sitting in a junkyard untouched for prob. a year or so. 400.00 clean title and body is flawless with one small dent in the right rear that about 10 minutes will have looking new.

Plus I may trade my civic hatch for a 95 240 SE next week or so. Just so tired of Honda's right now that I am down for new challenges.

Thinking RB25 for the S14 and maybe a V8 alternative for the hatch.

Depends how the vg30dett goes that is still high on the want list for motor options for either or both of these cars.

Keep your head up. (am I at 10 posts yet I need some stuff) LOL

xChevox
Car: 1992 240sx and Volvo S60R

Well damn my friend was borrowing the engine hoist for about 2 weeks and iam getting it back next week around wedsday so its just sitting in my engine bay and i bought a S13 Conversion so i was installin that while iam not workin on my engine i had to cut part of my oil pan out cause it kept hitting my steering and i welded it together.Hopefully i get the VG running soon

http://img393.imageshack.us/my...3.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/my...8.jpg

Lockleaf
Car: 1990 240sx

Has anybody looked into using the subframe from an Infiniti M30? The M30 has the VGE motor in it, is rear wheel drive, and honestly the subframe looks very similar to the 240. The overall width exactly matches the 240 at 66.x inches and the track width on it is only an inch narrower. I know trying to use the 300zx front subframe results in odd binding or something, but I wonder about the M30. It's frame is actually closest to the maxima but I would like to know how close it is to the 240. Maybe I shall be the one to find out.

200zx

Lockleaf wrote:Has anybody looked into using the subframe from an Infiniti M30? The M30 has the VGE motor in it, is rear wheel drive, and honestly the subframe looks very similar to the 240. The overall width exactly matches the 240 at 66.x inches and the track width on it is only an inch narrower. I know trying to use the 300zx front subframe results in odd binding or something, but I wonder about the M30. It's frame is actually closest to the maxima but I would like to know how close it is to the 240. Maybe I shall be the one to find out.
The s12 left the factory with a vg30 as standard, don't know if would be any use in a conversion.

To be honest I think this thread is getting beyond a joke on the time scale side of things.

fayceoff

This thread is primarily being left alive as a concept. Dale apparently has ditched me and my project is left for dead. Anyone wanna donate a shell so I can start over? I'm leaving for Iraq in November, but I'd put it in storage until I got back...

Mods, I think you can kill this thread. I thank everyone for their support.

200zx

fayceoff wrote:This thread is primarily being left alive as a concept. Dale apparently has ditched me and my project is left for dead. Anyone wanna donate a shell so I can start over? I'm leaving for Iraq in November, but I'd put it in storage until I got back...

Mods, I think you can kill this thread. I thank everyone for their support.
I'm truly gutted for you mate, if you were in the uk I would find you a shell and help you fit the vg

fayceoff

Thanks, bro. I appreciate the sentiment... I treated Dale like family, and he screwed me. Just goes to show most people are crunchy bastard-coated bastards with gooey bastard filling.

tomkun-s13

Just keep sending emails daily until he finally answers. Also hope when you get to Iraq you can take a hop over to him sometime and see whats up with the project. Ask for car or cash with a big smile.

I think this sucks balls because he came off as a really nice guy that was strait up. Sorry man.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

that sucks and i gotta say, i didnt see this coming at all. i did like the scrubs quote though. good luck with contacting him

fayceoff

Yeah, I've been sending e-mails like a Mexican pharmacy, and the last time I heard from him was the last time that I posted about it. I tried calling his cell, which was the last way I had to contact him, and some other guy answered it and said he didn't know any Dale. So either he sold the phone and didn't give me an alternative way to reach him, or he has someone lying for him. Either way, not good.

He has my phone numbers (home, work, and cell). He knows where I work and how to locate me. He has my address and my e-mail addresses. If he was trying to reach me, he could. I am thinking that it's possible I may be able to pop up over there from Iraq. If I find him and my car, I'll be very surprised and relieved.

WhiteComet: Thanks. Didn't know if anyonewould catch that. I didn't see it coming either. Like I mentioned before, I've had him over to my house for BBQ and UFC. We've had some pretty deep discussions about religion, family, fatherhood, and of course, cars... I'm very disappointed, but all I can say is that Karma is a B**ch and at least I know I'm not wrong in any way. *sigh*
Modified by fayceoff at 11:10 AM 7/2/2008

tomkun-s13

Any luck yet.? I hope so for you soon.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Not to rub sand in an open wound....but I saw this coming way back man. It sucks regardless...

I'd probably track him down or have a friend track him down. Then commence to burning most of the stuff he owns...cause scammers should be stripped of everything and then killed.

WD

tomkun-s13

You got that right. What a f**king twot.

fayceoff

WDRacing wrote:Not to rub sand in an open wound....but I saw this coming way back man. It sucks regardless...

I'd probably track him down or have a friend track him down. Then commence to burning most of the stuff he owns...cause scammers should be stripped of everything and then killed.

WD
Working on it. Opposite sides of the planet, though... That makes it much more difficult.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Yeah I'm sure it does.

RussianMafia
Car: ae86 gts 87 coupe and 96 240sx se 5 speed

RussianMafia wrote:nothing for nothing but is he sending you pictures with all the updates??? Dont wont to see another guy get Fuc#$% over on his car. Just my 2 centsp.s iv seen this way to many times.
Hey man sorry to hear about ur car, and hate to say this but i had a feeling this was going to happen.

I hope you have abetter luck on ur next project, how much money did u give him in advance and does he still have ur car??? somewherer because in that case you should press charges. That is if he gave you his real name.

fayceoff

His name really is Dale Davis. It was on his uniforms when we met on base and it was on his business cards from his command. I have his old bank account number and some other things that might help me locate him. It's not a matter of not knowing WHO he is. It's a matter of WHERE he is.

For everyone who 'told me so' or 'had a feeling this would happen', you guys don't understand. The only reason I lost track of him like this is because Jaymee died and I ended up leaving Bahrain so abrubtly. I got a call from home and 5 hours later I was on a plane on my back over here. Like I said, if Dale's ripped me off knowing my situation, then I may just have to let God or Karma deal with him... But if I see him again, we're gonna move some furniture.

tomkun-s13

Well my friend you have a good start at finding him. Since you have his name and old bank account you can track him with that to start with. either pay for a people search your self or look into a private investigator to dig this guy up.

fayceoff

You know, I wonder if Hitman can help me a little. Somehow, I'm relatively certain he knows a good PI...

tomkun-s13

fayceoff wrote:You know, I wonder if Hitman can help me a little. Somehow, I'm relatively certain he knows a good PI...
That sounds like a good idea.

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

12/7/07 last time he was here. On his one profile he lists his middle name if it's true, which may help. Dale Lynk Davis

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I googled him a long time ago, he has a checkered history.

The search began here and just kept getting worse.http://www.acura-legend.com/vb...35394

fayceoff

Wow. Well, I've sent Greg an e-mail, and I've got feelers out in Bahrain. We'll see what we can turn up. Wish me luck.

tomkun-s13

I wish you all the luck guy and hope you will keep us up to date with pics of a good southern arse kicking

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I know this much:

Mr. Davis will have a permanent reminder of screwing one of our members here...

Dale, do the right thing, or we'll pursue you until the day you die.

fayceoff

Thanks, guys. I just made a new thread about this in Gen Chat. Stop by and put Dale Davis's name in it. Maybe when he Google's his name and sees I'm trying to reach him, he'll contact me.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Also, link that thread to any others you see on the web.

Get the word out on a few forums, it's a good way to cover a lot of ground fast.

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

You know what, I have to say, when I first bought my 240 Dale was one of the guys I always had huge respect for. I'm blown away to hear about this whole scam thing. That's garbage! Fayceoff I know you've been through a lot of ****, and I can't believe someone you invited into your home and put so much trust into ****ed you over like that.

Good luck with the search, I hope things turn around.

Return to “Hybrids”