Trying to source interior carpet

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
coled91

Hi everyone! I'm brand new here and I'm currently going through the process of purchasing a 1994. Overall the car is in pretty good shape that's why I think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a vehicle I've wanted for a long time. One of the flaws with it is the driver's side carpet having some tears in it. I have searched here and online and I'm not having luck finding any pre molded carpet for a convertible. Does anyone know of a company that still makes molded carpet for a vert or am I looking at having to get it custom made a shop?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey and welcome to NICO Club!

Get car, get floor mat, drive it like it's hot!

I don't have a vert, but the S13 still has some carpets out there. I don't think the floor of the vert varies from a coupe or hatch. Can you use something like below? Even if not perfect, maybe a great starting point for a modded carpet. Shoot! after a second glance I see it actually says on the site that it will NOT fit a vert! Damn. I still wonder if it's not a near match and useful for a modification. More searching...

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpe ... fgod6Q8Buw

Search results! It has been discussed and the idea of using a coupe/ hatch carpet is tried. Some photo links are broken because it's an old thread, but some are still visible. Check it out! There could be more info, but my lunch break is over. Let us know how it goes. Oh, and get the car! :bigthumb:
convertible-carpet-help-t271600.html

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

I can tell you from experience with using stockinteriors.com, that you'll run into issues if you get the thicker, rubber backed carpet. I had ordered new carpet in 2007, and had to junk it because it fit horribly. Had I gone with the standard backing, it would have been fine IMO.

bgoodwill
Car: 92 240sx convertible

Try car-part.com, Search for a 'vert only item (i.e convertible top lift or motor) and get a list of wrecking yards that have convertibles, then call each one and ask about carpeting. But I can tell you, having owned 5 different convertibles over the years, that the driver's side carpeting is like the driver's side seat -- you probably will not find one without a tear/worn spot.

Like the others say - who really cares? BUY THE CAR and just enjoy it.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

All S13 carpets fit vert fine - coupe, HICAS, hatch. I could not find a vert one when I was looking years ago.
Some small bunching behind the seat but that not seen on my car. I got Stockinteriors.com regular black it is perfectly fine in fit and quality.

CasemanC
Car: 93 240sx vert

I bought this off ebay a few months back, https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACC-BLACK-CARP ... 2749.l2649 I spent about 4-5 hours installing because I had to do major trimming. Overall it looks amazing and for the price I am very happy with it.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”