Traction control light

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ras_oscar

2 days ago the traction control light began flashing intermittently. It happens when I go over a bump under load, or when I accelerate firmly as in to get in to traffic on the highway. Perhaps 2 or 3 times in a 30 mile trip to work. It began 2 days ago, immediately after I had the front bearings replaced. 2014 Rogue SV, 180K miles. Is this a cause for concern? Has anybody experienced similar symptoms?

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

ras_oscar wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 am
2 days ago the traction control light began flashing intermittently. It happens when I go over a bump under load, or when I accelerate firmly as in to get in to traffic on the highway. Perhaps 2 or 3 times in a 30 mile trip to work. It began 2 days ago, immediately after I had the front bearings replaced. 2014 Rogue SV, 180K miles. Is this a cause for concern? Has anybody experienced similar symptoms?
Just today I had this light flash as I went around a corner and the inside wheel hit a bump. I bet the wheel skipped and the sensor saw it as a spin. Never happened to me before on dry pavement.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

ras_oscar wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 am
First of all check and see that the wheel speed sensors have been plugged back in properly. They should be fully seated in the connector. If that doesn’t solve the problem.

Then the wheel speed sensors either one of them or both were damaged during wheel bearing replacement would be my guess. If you have a code reader that will read the abs system then you could determine if it’s just one and replace only the offending sensor.
Last edited by Rogue Jarhead on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Sounds similar to the issue in this post:
https://forums.nicoclub.com/slippery-li ... 19049.html

Auto parts store should be able to read if there are any codes stored for the wheel speed sensors.

ras_oscar

update: the traction control light has not flashed since the original post. If it does so again I will plug in the code reader and see if anything is amiss. ( I guess it got scared into behaving when it found I was consulting NICOclub forums!!!)

ras_oscar

Update: the traction control light returned on the ride to work this AM. This time accompanied with bucking and fluctuation of the RPM. Increasing the throttle reduced the amount of power available. Trans is slipping. Installed a factory replacement at 125K, it now has 182K. Off to the Toyota dealer for me!!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”