Taping the Speed and Parking Brake wires?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
garrad
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD
Nissan Rogue S AWD

So what I gather you need to take out the dials section to tap the wires.

Does this void the warranty or anything?

Does anyone have details on how to do this? The details here zerothread/332115 are not the greatest, but should probably work fine.

Also I was going to buy these wiretaps http://www.crutchfield.com/App...p=990 to tap into the cable. Does anyone know if these will work ok?

Also does anybody know the gauge of those cables?

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Just curious to what you are doing?

garrad
Nissan Rogue S AWD

I'm going to install the Pioneer Avic F90bt. It says it requires these two cables tapped or otherwise it won't work with full functionality.

You can see in the first link that it was done for a different Pioneer avic model.

philipa_240sx

Good luck on the Pioneer F-series. Another member here has not been happy with his. Reason: very sluggish performance and software issues, it takes minutes to boot up when first turned on... basically every time you start the vehicle. Many state Pioneer is working on improved software for the F series, but I have not heard of any updates yet:

zerothread/336384

As for speed sensor & parking brake wires, read up in this:

zerothread/332115

Leo2005

And that is exactly why I sold my unit. Even after I upgraded the software it took forever to boot up and required the cd all the time. Still looking for something better than Pioneer. But Pioneer was sound really good. Can't complain about sound.

garrad
Nissan Rogue S AWD

I've read the stuff about the Avic units sold. Other than the slow boot time and slightly sluggesh performance they seem to be ok and the F90bt has a fantastic amp inside I hear and hard to beat.

Really nobody has made a perfect stereo they all have thier problems, and for $500 I can't really complain too much.

rogueboy

Good luck with the AVIC-F. I hate mine.

The speed sensor is behind the cluster. Do a search here and you will find pics. I also ran my mic under the speed cluster, and it works well there.

However, you don't even need to bother with the parking brake if you do the hardware mod. The reverse wire you will need if you have a camera and its a PAIN to find.

Check out http://www.avic411.com

Also, you will find a host of others who are NOT happy with the F. I don't know if I would do it again even at 500 bucks.

garrad
Nissan Rogue S AWD

I hooked mine up today, didn't bother with the speed wire, no point, don't need the added benifit.

I love the avic, works perfectly. Now I'm not using voice and not using ipod and that's where most of the complaints are coming from.

So far very pleased, will take some videos at the weekend.

Oh the boot time isn't the greatest, but it remembers your last source and the radio comes on within 5 to 10 seconds, so not so bad at all.

Return to “Rogue Forum”