Suspension Setups

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

first, you need to find out what the t/c rod is(because you already have them), because you keep misusing it in your questioning...so you obviosuly dont know what I was talking about.

TEIN makes nicer quality stuff in my opinion.

For starters, read the shock/damper and suspension FAQ links to articles to help you understand what all is involved with what you are under-taking. THen goto courtesy nissans web site , and see THIS diagram:http://courtesyparts.com/image...a.gif

the number 2 bushing is inside the T/C rod. now you know what it is. some people call it a strut rod. That diagram listsl all bushings in the front and rear suspension peices replaceable by NISMO peices. it also will help you understand what and where things are. AS for A-arms, you have a lower A-arm in the rear of the multi-link suspension, although some people call the upper contrall arm an upper A-arm...-chet

AJ-SPEC
Car: 1995 240sx/se, 5 lug, no sunroof, no lsd

thanks for the info, I think...looks like I need to know the answer before I ask the question....

Exar-Kun

no..Im sorry for lashing out at you, it was uncalled for. Im working on compiling that diagram with more numbers to show what each part is, so when someone asks where or what something is I can refer them to the FAQ to see.

but hopefully my information helped :)sorry again.-chet

AJ-SPEC
Car: 1995 240sx/se, 5 lug, no sunroof, no lsd

it's cool, we're all adults here, right? I'll be sure to check out that info.

tupac03602

aight thx exar ill go check there page first and see whats up and then ill give a holla back, again thx alot!!

tupac03602

aight im back and i did look at tein and i seem to like tha super street damper kit. tha price is nice and its adjustable a decent amout (im still learning so plz bear with me) but my only problem is when i was checkin on tha stiffness tha numbers to me was like tryin to read chinese, i didnt understand. im going to check up on how to read tha numbers tho so thats not what im bout to talk about, all i would like is if anyone has owned tha super street damper set, year of car, what they used it for and what their opinions were about it, but im not goin to take up this forums thing so im going to make my own thread, again thx tho!!

wildman
Car: cars

-97 -tein springs, energy spen. bushings, and kyb adj.(not on car yet)-daily drv.

Would antisway bars and strut tower bars be a good next step? I can handle the stiffness. I really don't have a reason like autox or drift but would like to try it sometime.

Exar-Kun

"Would antisway bars and strut tower bars be a good next step" it ALWAYS is,,,unless you want to go off-road and NEED suspension/chassis flex...heh.

anyways the super street dampner set is a good street setup, much like apex-I's world sports. I wouldnt reccomend them for any racing though..-chet

MainEvent212

what do you mean ANY racing? do u mean no sanctioned competative racing? or one drift might tear your strut tower to pieces?

tupac03602

actually im thinkin of goin with tein ha's but i have to look more into it

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

The suspension mods on my car are listed in the sig below. I think that it blows for daily driving, because the suspension has little to no travel, and bounces me around going over anything that isn't perfectly flat. The cornering is great though, and the rear end steps out very predictably.. and comes back very well though.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”