streaming pandora in 2011 G25 journey

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
arjun
Car: Infiniti G25

Hi,
has anyone had any luck streaming pandora through an iPhone to the G25 (usb port) ?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I assume you have Premium only, thus, no bluetooth?

You could look at a physical interface such as: http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=17763

arjun

I have the 2011 G25 journey edition. No navigation but I have bluetooth.
I'm wondering if we can stream pandora from the iPhone via bluetooth if I have a bluetooth dongle in the car's USB port or if there is any other trick ?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

If you connect up via bluetooth you are supposed to be able to play music from the phone. Someone stated that there may be a button next to the "next track" button on the iphone that allows it to play through bluetooth once you have bluetooth selected on the car.

Again, i can't verify any of it as I have a '07 and '08 which do not support streaming via bluetooth.

CrackaLackin
Car: 2005 G35 Sedan 3.5L Lakeshore Slate/Um... the tan/grey one

AFAIK the iphone doesn't do "iPod Mode" via bluetooth, so if you can stream music from your phone to the car (through the Music app) then you should be able to switch to Pandora, and stream that way. iOS 4 (I think) let music playing apps access the same command set that the iPod functionality uses, so you can skip tracks in Pandora too.

phlepper

arjun,

I just posted a topic on Spotify in my new 2012 G Sedan (without Nav / Bluetooth streaming) using the USB interface. I haven't looked at Pandora, but I assume it will work similarly to what I am able to do with Spotify. I have been very happy with Spotify.

arjun

Hi phlepper,

Can you send me the link to that post?
Presently, I'm able to listen to pandora through USB in my infiniti g25.

phlepper

Sure, here you go... spotify-t564791.html

arjun

that's exactly how i stream pandora through my iphone to my car... i'll try spotify next - that'll give me another option for music !!
i haven't tried stream music from my iphone through the bluetooth connection in my car. I wonder if this is possible. Not sure if we need a separate bluetooth dongle for this or if we can use the existing bluetooth pairing that we use for phone calls.

Missouri Swede
Car: 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD. Deep Bordeaux.

[Gone:
2012 G37x. Graphite Shadow. Navigation and Premium Package. Retired in 2021.
2013 JX35. Midnight Garnet. Premium Package. Replaced with QX60 in 2022.]

arjun wrote:that's exactly how i stream pandora through my iphone to my car... i'll try spotify next - that'll give me another option for music !!
i haven't tried stream music from my iphone through the bluetooth connection in my car. I wonder if this is possible. Not sure if we need a separate bluetooth dongle for this or if we can use the existing bluetooth pairing that we use for phone calls.
I don't have an iPhone, but my android phone plays Pandora through the bluetooth connection just fine. It even shows up when cycling through the audio inputs using the "Disc Aux" button on the central control panel. And if a call comes in, the system automatically switches over to the phone call through the bluetooth.

arjun

Apparently playing music through bluetooth isn't an option on the cars without nav (the 2011 G25 doesn't have nav). Has anybody found a way around this?

specgabe1
Car: 2012 Infiniti G25

Just purchased a 2012 g25 has Bluetooth but no Navi has anyone figured out a way to stream music from a android phone yet? Thanks in advance

rolliedogg
Car: 2011 Infiniti G25x

I recently bought a 2011G25x. Quite surprised there were no way to get music from my Android phone. No Aux input. No audio BT. Only connection is for an IPod/iPhone USB.

I've researched for hours - looking at hardware mods, etc. Well as of this morning, I was streaming Pandora and playing local stored music from my Android phone. It was easy, fast and free.

I am using the HFP BlueTooth connection that is used for pairing your phone for phone calls. I downloaded an app called BTMusic. There are several other apps that are similar. I paired my phone, start the app and then stream or play play music on my phone. The music comes thru the car speakers. Volume is very good and quality is acceptable. The screen shows a phone connection and has timer showing length of call. Obviously no steering controls etc., but remember it was free, quick and easy.

So the app is just "tricking" the car into connecting your phone as it would for a phone call.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”