How To: Bluetooth Audio to 2008/2009 Factory iPod Interface

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
bos98
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD

I am huge user of Pandora streaming music service. I listen to it all day while I am working and have a premium subscription. I enjoy listening to Pandora while I drive as well with my iPhone but I generally don't like to get in to the car and plug in the phone to the ipod connector as it does not charge my phone.

Initially I planned on getting the Scoche charging adapter, but then I stumbled across the Anycom FIPO.

This little device (seriously small, look at the photo) which is actually cheaper than the Scoche charging adapter will allow you to stream music from your iPhone (possible any bluetooth enabled phone with headset profile) directly to your factory radio in iPod mode.

The coolest part about this device is it supports bluetooth controls. That means if you have music on your iPhone you can change tracks wirelessly using steering wheel or radio controls.

Now with Pandora I do have to go in to the app and start playing a station, and the radio controls do not allow you to skip tracks in the Pandora app, but hey at this point Pandora knows what I like to listen to.

The only time my phone needs to be taken out of my pocket now is to charge!

ImageImage

I hooked this up last night for my wife and she was very pleased as she leaves her phone in her purse but can listen to her MP3s without having to dig out the phone and hook it up. She is also a fan of not forgetting to disconnect her phone and take it with her when she gets out of the car.

Best part Geeks.com is selling Sprint branded Anycom FIPOs for $17.99

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId ... ALSProduct

Couple this with the savings on XM radio, I believe this is a huge win for us non-2010 owners that have bluetooth audio streaming standard. :dblthumb:

Jon_
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

That's hot. Just ordered it.

txgcoupe
Car: 2007 G35 Coupe/ 2010 EX35

You can get them $2.80 cheaper here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Anycom-Bluet ... 2ead397937

I did.

John

Bashibazouk
Car: Infiniti EX35 2008 AWD Journey

If I pair my iPhone with the FIPO, can I also pair it with the EX35's phone interface? In other words, can I use it to both listen to music and make phone calls through the car's electronics?

Thanks,
Bashibazouk

Jon_
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Did u get an answer to this?

cdoy00
Car: 2008 EX35

I have been looking for the FIPO for awhile since they stopped making it, I have only seen one used for $50 and someone wanted $100 on ebay. I found a supplier that sells their version of it from Korea for $48 shipped. I have only tried Pandora and it works great! If anyone is interested drop me a line, maybe I can get a group buy.
I do have an issue with the cable, something has to be loose on the grey connector or the cable must be going bad, I lose connection all the time. I am going to bring it in to the dealership and have them take a look. Does anyone have the same issue?
As for Bashibazouk's question, my iPhone is paired and the bluetooth piece is also paired. When you get a call, Pandora goes mute and the call goes through. I believe that is what you are asking.

dperovic
Car: 2008 G35x

cdoy00,

I would love to hear who the Korean company is that I can buy a similar unit from. I cannot find a anycom fipo for under $90 anywhere. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.

Bob4a3
Car: 2009 EX35 Journey AWD

I can't find one at all. Where did you find them for $90.00?

ckong1

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

The "alternatives" that ckong1 don't offer any kind of wireless playback or controls though the car.

The good news is that Pandora has been update to work with Infinitis! (works in my 2008 great now!)

I still don't know if the FIPO allows calls at the same time. I think it might. They are out of production now, and I am looking to try one. I will make a new thread about Pandora so everyone sees it.

R1chard
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Any idea to a good FIPO alternative as it is no longer available for purchase?

Thanks!

R1chard

Anyone???

Teknical

I think there are still a few out there, but expensive now that it seems to be out of production. You have to search on google for it. I haven't tried it. Let us know how it is if you get it.

Fbomb
Car: P11
EX35

Can anyone verify that these will work?
I want to stream my music from my phone to my car stereo...I don't car if it is wired (vs. the now elusive FIPO), I just want to play music from my android phone (EVO) in my 2008 EX35, period.

ckong1

I purchased the dockboss and can confirm that it works. you'll find that you have the turn the volume relatively high, probably due to weak amplification.

Fbomb
EX35

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was gonna try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ipod-Dock-Cable ... 3367dd8afc and save a few bucks (cheapest US seller I found)...But the description scares me...
Does not work in applications which require the ipod to be docked to turn the device on or requires the ipod to be docked to access the audio source such as Bose Sound Dock if you have such a device Click here. There you will find the cable with the capability to tunr on the device,
hmmm...maybe I should just play it safe and spend the extra $12. ??? Or maybe I'll take a chance and best case we found an even cheaper alternative, worst case, I'm out $15 :ohno:

Fbomb
EX35

Update...Just bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/gen23-5MM-/3305 ... 4cf7466107. Claims to work with car ipod interfaces like the cablejive one...I'll report back when I get it!

R1chard

I just bought this one -> iSkin Cerulean RX Stereo Bluetooth Receiver <http://www.iskin.com/ceruleanrx/> and will report once I get it.

Fbomb
EX35

Fbomb wrote:Update...Just bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/gen23-5MM-/3305 ... 4cf7466107. Claims to work with car ipod interfaces like the cablejive one...I'll report back when I get it!
Well, I can verify that this one does not work on my '08...FML!

R1chard

R1chard wrote:I just bought this one -> iSkin Cerulean RX Stereo Bluetooth Receiver <http://www.iskin.com/ceruleanrx/> and will report once I get it.
Well, and I can vouch this one does not work either!

rottdog300
Car: Previous Cars - 1987 Sentra , 1998 Sentra SE
Current Car 2004 Maxima SE 6spd
Looking into a 2007 Altima

any update to this ? i just purchased a 2009 maxima and am wondering if there is another device i can use.

prabhuvajjiram
Car: Infinity EX35

Found this in Amazon,
CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock, written as it supports EX35 already i have order i'll get it by monday will post here how it works' hope for the best

prabhuvajjiram
Car: Infinity EX35

It is not working

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

:(
I would like to try this thing you call 'Pandora.' I know I am behind... I was happy with my XM and my iPod with my CD changer ready just in case loaded with 6 CD's....but one more option wont hurt!

mojocp
Car: 2008 EX35 RWD
Lux/Tech/Nav packages

Has anyone figured this out?

The only bluetooth adapter that has ever confirmed to work, the Anycom FIPO, is sold out everywhere, including craigslist and ebay, and is not being made anymore.

From what I understand, it seems like the problem is that the infiniti sound system ipod cable does not charge iphones, or is not set up to recognize that it can, so most of these new bluetooth adapters for the 30-pin are not powered correctly.

Today, I saw that they make a product that is a power converter for the 30 pin cables that lets your iphone draw charge where usually it cannot and only can play music.... sound familiar?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TJ ... d_i=507846

So I'm wondering if this is the answer. This charge converter, that essentially tricks the 30 pin cable into thinking it can just power the connected device, as it would a compatible ipod model (which is enough power to work with) and start giving the juice.

So - 2 products. The charge converter (link above) then any of the several 30 pin bluetooth adapters out there.... Tempted to give this a shot, but I wanted to see if anyone has heard about this solution or knows that it does/doesn't work.

Thanks for any help. Also, alternatively, if someone found a simple replacement to the Anycom FIPO (looks like an unnamed generic is on the market for about $15-18, but who knows) please let me know.

Teknical

mojocp, Yes, that charge converter will work. People just aren't reading the other threads, like this one (also currently on the front page): iphone-5-and-ex35-compatability-t564559.html

iPod audio and charging works fine, and so do bluetooth calls / Siri.

mojocp
Car: 2008 EX35 RWD
Lux/Tech/Nav packages

Teknical wrote:mojocp, Yes, that charge converter will work. People just aren't reading the other threads, like this one (also currently on the front page): iphone-5-and-ex35-compatability-t564559.html

iPod audio and charging works fine, and so do bluetooth calls / Siri.
Hmmm, not sure if you're understanding the particular sub-issue of this thread.

in 2008 and 2009, the bluetooth did not sync music - only phone call capability. Also, the included ipod connector cable was only compatible with a very specific bluetooth adapter, which actually connected right to the 30-pin apple connection.

People on this thread want to get the bluetooth music DIGITALLY (not using a headphone jack or FM transmitter) to their car's audio system... Something the 2010+ models can do. I use my android phone for podcosts, audible, pandora, and my regular music - so while I could use my ipods, they are not up to date with most of my digital consumption.

Anyhow, I am glad that the scoche power converter works to enable power flow to the 30 pin, but I just wanted to make sure that this was, in fact, the hurdle to compatibility. If it is, then ANY bluetooth adapter for the 30 pin should work, including the ones they are making now.

So... thread still not QUITE solved.

box_of_lego
Car: EX35

http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBoss-air.html

why does seem like what I should have ordered , instead of the simple adapter to charge the iPod ...

mikey1951
Car: 2008 EX 35

anybody got this working yet???

rathauneek
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35 Sport

Has anyone gotten this to work with a bluetooth adapter other than the Anycom FIPO? Has anyone further explored the alternative adapters with the cablejive dockStubz charge converter?

I had previously tried a generic bluetooth adapter from ebay to play music from my iPhone 4s without success so I gave up. But now that I have the 5s, I'd rather spend the money on finally getting bluetooth to work rather than on the ridiculously priced $40 lightning adapter.

Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”