How To: Bluetooth Audio to 2008/2009 Factory iPod Interface

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sg77
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

mojocp wrote:Anyhow, I am glad that the scoche power converter works to enable power flow to the 30 pin, but I just wanted to make sure that this was, in fact, the hurdle to compatibility. If it is, then ANY bluetooth adapter for the 30 pin should work, including the ones they are making now.
Did you (or anyone) test this theory (using a converter that lets the car's ipod interface supply power, and then connecting a bluetooth receiver)?

I see that the Cerulean RX can also be powered from a USB cable, so maybe that's another option.

newbieEX

I tried this method but didn't work on the particular A2DP receiver unit I'm using. The iPod cable out of the EX just couldn't power the thing, I even tried the voltage changer adapter and doesn't work either.

So I finally settled the aux connection method. Some pic to show:

Basically my phone (Android) now connects to two BT devices; EX for phone calls only and this A2DP thing for music/audio only. Phone calls will stop music and then gets transferred to the car phone, and then back to music once I'm done talking.

Works fine just cannot skip/forward/pause/stop songs... and then I gave up!

sg77
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

newbieEX wrote:I tried this method but didn't work on the particular A2DP receiver unit I'm using. The iPod cable out of the EX just couldn't power the thing, I even tried the voltage changer adapter and doesn't work either. ...
Thanks for the info. For reference, what brand of A2DP receiver are you using?

newbieEX

Mine is called "I-WAVE" , bought it from DealExtreme dx.com . Also goes by the name "I-LINK"

googleman

Does anyone know if we can get a longer version of the Ipod cable that came with my 2008 Ex? I need a single cable long enough to reach a dash mount. If I try to use extensions/converters the system stops working.

Edit: if they also have a lightning version of the cable for 2008, that would be great.

buddyle
Car: blue red

Here is another chance you can get one for $23. Works the same as the one above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220900282706

iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth A2DP Audio Transmitter + Receiver for iPod & iPod Docks

pilotbob3

New owner of a 2008 EX35 Journey here, thought I'd pitch in and update the thread.

I checked with the US distributor of the Viseeo WMA 1000, and they claimed they will have a software update for it in "a few weeks" that will allow it to work with our Ipod adapter streaming. Got my fingers crossed. Until then, I purchased the Anycom FIPO adapter that mostly works It was pricey on Amazon, as I'm sure it is old stock. It comes in and out of stock if you're looking: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RQ ... UTF8&psc=1

Also bought a Scosche charging adapter, that at $4.20 was a relative bargain: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NX ... UTF8&psc=1

The only issue with the combination is that track seeking from the steering wheel controls doesn't work, and that song metadata is not displayed on the main display. Anyhow, here are pictures in action:

Anycom FIPO with Scosche adapter:

Display using Bluetooth:

Phone on Mountek mount (I wired a charger, stuck in behind the ashtray, and routed the cable through the ashtray):

Mountek magnetic CD Slot mount (really nice, all I do is stick the phone onto it, and connect the charging cable):

I'll try to keep an eye out for the WMA 1000, as it would be really nice if it worked with the steering wheel track select, and displayed song titles.

LeroyJones
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey

Hey pilotbob3. Were you ever able to get the new update to work with your 08?

Thanks

LeroyJones
:dblthumb:

pilotbob3

Hi Leroy,

Sorry for delayed response. I did get the Bluetooth streaming to work perfectly. I've posted a new thread on it at: bluetooth-audio-streaming-for-2008-ex35 ... 89121.html

Hope this helps out :)
LeroyJones wrote:Hey pilotbob3. Were you ever able to get the new update to work with your 08?

Thanks

LeroyJones
:dblthumb:

prabhuvajjiram
Car: Infinity EX35

you can try this but not tested on my car
http://www.meritline.com/bluetooth-a2dp ... 96129.aspx

dreamingat30fps
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey

What I did was get a Griffen BlueTrip I had lying around from another vehicle but I think theres a couple devices like the BlueTrip that would probably work the same. Then I took an AUX to RCA cable from the BlueTrip into the RCA inputs in the glove box. Now with this you don't get any kind of steering wheel controls but you can stream music from the phone.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”